By Indrajeet Ghorpade General Manager Technical Services at Rahi Systems
The year 2020 and 2021 witnessed Data Explosion, there was an exponential rise in the generation and storage of data as work went virtual and businesses adopted digital services. 2022 will not only experience the quick cloud deployments for specific applications but a complete overhaul of enterprise systems embracing cloud migration.
As per a survey conducted by Forbes, 83% of the enterprise workload will be stored on the cloud by the end of 2021. The current shared cloud model is less flexible in terms of controlling it but it offers ease of access and high security. 94% of businesses experienced a significant improvement in security after migrating to the cloud, according to Salesforce.
Augmenting the best of public and private cloud environments with the hybrid cloud will continue to be a major trend continuing from 2021. Cloud has emerged as the most efficient data storage and application management solution. It has enabled organizations to focus on their core services. This article highlights the innovation and ongoing advancements in cloud computing infrastructure identified by Rahis cloud experts.
Cloud service providers like Amazon (AWS Lambda), IBM Cloud Function, and Microsoft Azure Functions are offering serverless cloud computing services. A relatively new concept, the serverless cloud is gaining huge traction as it provides a true pay-as-you-go service and users dont need to pay a fixed amount for storage or lease a server.
Serverless technology does not imply that servers are not present; servers are present, but users only use them without getting into the setups and technicalities. Also referred to as the functions-as-a-service, it can be utilized by startups and small businesses to rapidly upscale their business leveraging serverless architectural solutions with minimal capital investments.
Serverless infrastructure is infinitely scalable, and the expenses spent are dependent only on consumption, allowing businesses to pay for the exact cloud services they utilize. According to Mordor Intelligence, the serverless computing market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 23.17% during the year 2021-2026.
As per IDG, 92% of organizations are hosting their IT infrastructure on the cloud, 55% are using multiple cloud systems with 21% of organizations using 3 or more cloud systems. This exponential growth in cloud adoptions created a new vulnerability for bad actors to compromise the IT systems. Cybercrime saw a steep increase of 630% in the January to April period only.
The recent breach in which over a million email addresses were exposed of GoDaddy customers shows that cloud security is critical and requires a proactive approach to fill up blind spots in the system. As per AllClouds Cloud Infrastructure Report, 28% of respondents consider security as one of the most important criteria in selecting the cloud service provider. Cloud offers the flexibility and operational efficiency an organization needs to grow and scale at ease but at the same time, it opens a gateway for cybercriminals via multiple entry points.
A major trend to counter cloud-based security issues is the use of Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs). CASBs are cloud-based security enforcement points placed between the cloud user and service provider. It can be on-premise or cloud-based security policy enforcement points and consolidates multiple security enforcement measures. Over 50% of organizations dont have a proper security framework for their cloud applications. Cloud adoptions saw a huge jump, cloud security comes next.
According to CDP Global, climate change will cost global businesses $1.3 trillion by 2026. Cloud significantly reduces the power consumption at the users end as physical IT infrastructure is handled by the colocation facility providing the cloud services. Maximum power consumption occurs due to the Always on infrastructure, powerful computing engines, massive digital storage requirements, etc.
Out of 9 consideration factors, 80% of consumers list sustainability as the most crucial while selecting a service provider. A wider audience is emerging who want their brand ethics to be in line with the values of service providers. With 44% of CEOs planning on net-zero futures, it is now increasingly important to take the best of highly efficient cloud operations. Adopting a public cloud reduces carbon dioxide emissions by 59 MT per year. Noticing the sustainability impact of cloud, it will be a very important trend in 2022 and years to come.
Tech giants around the world will be focussing on becoming net zero in 2022, Amazon the largest cloud service provider is also the biggest buyer of renewable energy resources for its data centers. Going green is more of an environmental necessity than just a trend to follow. Businesses globally are relying on the cloud for most of their operations, with advanced digital transformation. Rahis cloud experts are always evolving to bring the best of the cloud to your IT infrastructure.
If you have an interesting article / experience / case study to share, please get in touch with us at [emailprotected]
See the article here:
Top Cloud Computing Trends Shaping Our IT Landscape in 2022 - CRN - India - CRN.in
- Blackline Safety : What is the cloud and why should businesses care about cloud-connected safety? - marketscreener.com - January 22nd, 2022
- DataHEALTH, Inc. Begins Notification of Cybersecurity Incident - PRNewswire - January 22nd, 2022
- Data Centers Must Rethink Interconnection in Order to Evolve - Data Center Frontier - January 22nd, 2022
- Onlive Server Launched Canada VPS Hosting with Upto 48 CPU CORE and Cloud VPS Control Panel - Digital Journal - January 22nd, 2022
- Gartner: IT spending forecast points to skills rebalance - ComputerWeekly.com - January 22nd, 2022
- IBM is selling off its Watson Health assets - Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News - January 22nd, 2022
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Market Focusing on Trends and Innovations during the Period 2021 to 2027 Discovery Sports Media - Discovery Sports Media - January 22nd, 2022
- Why COVIDtests.gov worked where HealthCare.gov stumbled - FedScoop - January 22nd, 2022
- VTEX : 5 benefits of SaaS and a cloud commerce ecosystem - marketscreener.com - January 22nd, 2022
- Ford and ADT team up to prevent theft from vehicles - TechCrunch - January 22nd, 2022
- Patent Awarded to Nanoprecise Sci Corp for its Automated Predictive Maintenance Solution - PR Newswire India - January 22nd, 2022
- Recent Analysis on Cloud Hosting Service Market 2022-2028 Top Trends, Business Opportunity, and Growth Strategy LSMedia - LSMedia - January 22nd, 2022
- Google Project Iris AR Headset in the Works, May Feature In-House Processor: Report - Gadgets 360 - January 22nd, 2022
- Cyber Security in 2022: What Should You Know? - GISuser.com - January 22nd, 2022
- Cellular connectivity: the final piece of the IoT puzzle - ITProPortal - January 22nd, 2022
- The opportunities and challenges of data center industry in 2022 - Analytics India Magazine - January 16th, 2022
- The rising threat of cyber criminals targeting cloud infrastructure in 2022 - Help Net Security - January 16th, 2022
- Strata Identity Hosts Complimentary Webinar Featuring ESG Analyst on Identity and Policy Management for Multi-Cloud in 2022 - Business Wire - January 16th, 2022
- ISG to Conduct Study on Private and Hybrid Cloud Providers - StreetInsider.com - January 16th, 2022
- Strengthening the availability chain - ITProPortal - January 16th, 2022
- NordVPN launches open source VPN speed testing tool - IT PRO - January 16th, 2022
- Emby vs Plex: Which media server is right for you? - nation.lk - The Nation Newspaper - January 16th, 2022
- Nutanix Rajiv Ramaswami On His First Year As CEO - Forbes - January 16th, 2022
- ThycoticCentrify adds new security controls and automation to Secret Server - SecurityBrief Asia - January 16th, 2022
- PCIe 6.0 is here with double the bandwidth at 128Gbps - comments - GSMArena.com - January 16th, 2022
- 'Our servers are secure' -- NIMC responds as hacker claims he gained access to NIN database - TheCable - January 16th, 2022
- How this Mumbai startup is carving a niche for itself in the crowded ecommerce delivery space - YourStory - January 16th, 2022
- What begins with a 'B' and is having problems at tsoHost? Hopefully not your website - The Register - January 12th, 2022
- Sensory Extends Voice and Visual AI Platform to the Cloud - Voicebot.ai - January 12th, 2022
- How these 3 Companies Leverage the Hybrid Cloud - TechGenix - January 12th, 2022
- Multi-cloud security doesn't have to be complicated, just consistent - IT-Online - January 12th, 2022
- Podcast: why the future of data management sits in the cloud - Central Banking - January 12th, 2022
- Streaming Analytics Market worth $50.1 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - Yahoo Finance - January 12th, 2022
- Growing Technical Advancements in DevOps Technologies and Their Rising Demand for Optimizing Business Operations to Drive the Global DevOps Market by... - January 12th, 2022
- Data Center Market to Grow by USD 519.34 Bn | Adoption of Multi-cloud and Network Upgrades to Support 5G will Drive Growth | Technavio - PRNewswire - January 12th, 2022
- From 1920s to 2020s: Get ready for a new Roaring Twenties - Big Think - January 12th, 2022
- Post Pandemic: Cloud Adoption Needs to Be Accelerated - APN News - January 12th, 2022
- 2 Growth Stocks That Could Double Your Money in 5 Years - Motley Fool - January 12th, 2022
- Dispelling the top five myths of modern infrastructure - ComputerWeekly.com - January 12th, 2022
- The Future of Records & Compliance With Optimere CEO ICYMI - Government Technology - January 12th, 2022
- Why Banks Are Slow to Embrace Cloud Computing - The New York Times - January 4th, 2022
- How I fell into the self-hosting rabbit hole in 2021 - Windows Central - January 4th, 2022
- The future of web hosting: 5 things to look out for in 2022 - TechRadar - January 4th, 2022
- New Connectivity Is Bringing Roads Up to Speed - Wired.co.uk - January 4th, 2022
- Healthcare for the new normal world reimagined with digital analytics at the core - ETHealthworld.com - January 4th, 2022
- Opinion: White Renegade of the Year 2021 Gregory Hood - Prescott eNews - January 4th, 2022
- Best of 2021 Why Kubernetes is the King of Containerized Tools - Container Journal - December 27th, 2021
- Cloud and Edge Computing Will Be Key for Government Agencies in 2022 - StateTech Magazine - December 27th, 2021
- Cloud Security Market 2021: Industry Size, Regions, Emerging Trends, Growth Insights, Opportunities, and Forecast By 2027 mainlander.nz -... - December 27th, 2021
- iOS 15.2 Makes it Easier to Replace the Screen on the iPhone 13 - iDrop News - December 27th, 2021
- 4-Year-Old Bug in Azure App Service Exposed Hundreds of Source Code Repositories - The Hacker News - December 27th, 2021
- Top 5 Best Free Linux Cloud Servers  - December 22nd, 2021
- phoenixNAP and MemVerge to Enable Memory Virtualization in Bare Metal Cloud - HPCwire - December 22nd, 2021
- AWS outages and cloud computing, explained - Popular Science - December 22nd, 2021
- How the Cloud Helps With Medical Research and Remote Medicine - Business Insider - December 22nd, 2021
- Contributed | The role of the Cloud in digital transformation - DIGIT.FYI - December 22nd, 2021
- Cloud Security Market 2021 is Expected to be on Course to Achieve Considerable Growth to 2027 mainlander.nz - mainlander.nz - December 22nd, 2021
- How Tripwire Can Be a Partner on Your Zero Trust Journey - tripwire.com - December 22nd, 2021
- Medelln Campus writes the future of worldwide industrial automation - Intelligent CIO ME - December 22nd, 2021
- How Kubernetes lowers costs and automates IT department work - The Register - December 22nd, 2021
- 3 Top Trends to Invest in for 2022 (and Beyond) - Motley Fool - December 22nd, 2021
- What Agencies Need to Do to Combat Shadow IT Driven by Cloud Sprawl - Nextgov - December 12th, 2021
- Nvidia CEO Huang jointly files patent for software tech in the metaverse - The Register - December 12th, 2021
- Truly thrifty cloud hosting - Hetzner Online GmbH - December 5th, 2021
- These researchers wanted to test cloud security. They were shocked by what they found - ZDNet - December 5th, 2021
- What Is The Cloud And Where Is It Used? - Fossbytes - December 5th, 2021
- JetBrains starts adding remote dev functionality on IDEs and introduces Fleet - ZDNet - December 5th, 2021
- Your iPhones best trick is tucked away inside Photos app do you know it?... - The Sun - December 5th, 2021
- Tech Investment Alert: Check Out Top Five Tech Stocks Today - Analytics Insight - December 5th, 2021
- Tencent Cloud and AMD Join Forces to Launch StarLake Servers in Southeast Asia - HPCwire - December 3rd, 2021
- A Climate Dystopia Displayed at the UMOCA with 'the weight of a cloud' - Daily Utah Chronicle - December 3rd, 2021
- AWS Announced General Availability of Elastic Disaster Recovery - InfoQ.com - December 3rd, 2021
- The Benefits of Using a Share File Server in Education - eLearningInside News - eLearningInside News - December 3rd, 2021
- 5 questions for Mark Mills on the cloud revolution - Washington Examiner - December 3rd, 2021
- Inspur Information Impresses in AI Performance with 7 Titles in MLPerf Training v1.1 - Business Wire - December 3rd, 2021
- How Secure Is iMessage? | Leaked FBI Document Reveals the Truth - iDrop News - December 3rd, 2021
- Netweb Technologies Bags Award from MeitY in Contribution to the Manufacturing Sector - News Nation - December 3rd, 2021
- FTC is Suing NVIDIA to Stop Its $40B Acquisition of Arm Amidst Concerns of Potential Reliance from Rival Firms Should Deal Push Through - Tech Times - December 3rd, 2021
- Securing the edge server infrastructure from the ground up - The Register - December 3rd, 2021
- VPS Hosting | Free SSD VPS Server Trial | Windows VPS ... - November 22nd, 2021