The editors at Solutions Review have compiled this list of the best backup and restore courses and online training to consider for 2020.
The growing importance of backup and restore best practices and techniques for maintaining business continuity are becoming paramount in the enterprise. The backup and restore landscape is evolving in real-time, which has organizations scrambling to best protect their data. Coupled with this, exponential data growth only emphasizes the importance of staying on top of current backup and restore techniques.
With this in mind, weve compiled this list of the best backup and restore courses and online training to consider if youre looking to grow your data protection skills for work or play. This is not an exhaustive list, but one that features the best backup and restore courses and training from trusted online platforms. We made sure to mention and link to related courses on each platform that may be worth exploring as well. Click Go to training to learn more and register.
Description:Aimed at systems administrators and data protection enthusiasts at all levels, this course will teach you how to back up and replicate in any environment. You will be guided through generating ultra-fast backups with low RPOs from storage snapshots, as well as creating a single virtual pool of backup storage to which backups can be assigned. Additionally, this course demonstrates how to automatically test and verify every backup and virtual machine for recoverability.
Description:This course provides the knowledge and skills needed for configuring backups and carrying out restores of SQL Server databases and instances. This course also explores differential backups and what they are used for. Additionally, you will learn the differences between full, bulked, logged, and simple recover models. Developers who want to learn about SQL, future database administrators, business intelligence consultants, and tech leads are the target audience.
Description:By taking this course, youll gain practical exposure to backup and restore techniques in PostgreSQL Database. You will also learn how to automate processes related to backup and restoration tasks. Before taking this class, you should have an operating system such as Linux, Windows, Ubuntu, or Mac, and a Postgres database installed on your machine. This course is designed for database administrators, database developers, and database testers.
Related Paths/Tracks:PostgreSQL v12 Database Administration on Windows and Linux
Decsription:In this course, youll be introduced to the architecture of Veeams backups, getting to know the methods that Veeam can use to store data. With this knowledge, youll be able to configure and execute a series of backup jobs and understand the range of ways a backup job can be configured. Additionally, youll learn how to configure replication jobs to a secondary disaster recovery site. By the end of this class, Greg Shields will have taught you everything you need to know to backup, replicate, and recover any virtual or physical workload using your Veeam Backup and Replication infrastructure.
Description:Microsoft Azure Backup offers a comprehensive solution for the protection of corporate assets. In this class, youll learn how to utilize the cloud for all of your backup needs. First, Gary Grudzinskas will teach you how to set up recovery services vaults. Next, youll learn how to backup your Azure IaaS virtual machines and your on-prem servers and workloads. Finally, Grudzinkas will show you how to use the Microsoft Azure Backup Server.
Decsription:This course from Paul Randal teaches you what SQL Server backups are, why theyre necessary, and how they work. Youll learn how to formulate a backup strategy based on business requirements and what restores you may need to perform. Additionally, youll explore commonly used backup options. Finally, Randal will show you how to use backup compression, backup compression, backup encryption, and maintain backup integrity. By taking this class, youll have the ability to confidently perform backups in your environment and develop a backup strategy.
Related Paths/Tracks: SQL Server: Advanced Corruption Recovery Techniques
Description:This course allows you to validate your knowledge of identification and assessment of the project risks, mitigation of the threats, and opportunities enhancement with PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) certification. This course offers 30 contact hours approved for the RMP Certification Exam, over 11 hours of training videos, five full-length mock exams, objective-based practice tests, and exhaustive explanations with every question.
Description: This course will teach you the Oracle 12c Recovery Manager (RMAN) features and how the new multi-tenant architecture factors into backup and recovery scenarios. This class from Tim Boles will show you how to perform backups and recoveries of the container databases (CDB) and pluggable databases (PDBs.) Additionally, youll learn how to use new duplicating capabilities for CDBs and PDBs. After finishing the course, you will have an understanding of performing backup and restore using new features of RMAN, which will help you pass the OCP 12 c Upgrade exam.
Description:This course teaches vSphere administrators how to properly design their vSphere environments to prevent poor performance, application outages, and lost profits for their organizations. By taking this course, youll learn about the key concepts behind vSphere design along with the main phases that make up the design process. To get the most out of this class, you should have experience working with VMware vSphere and a comprehensive understanding of virtualization fundamentals and concepts.
Description:This CompTIA Storage+ training course not only covers the objectives necessary for the CompTIA Storage+ exam but also covers current topics in the real world, such as cloud storage and flash memory. This course is vendor-neutral and will explore subjects ranging from disk drives and flash memory, through RAID, arrays, SAND, backup and recovery, object storage, and cloud storage. If youre an IT beginner or a networking veteran, this class will bring you up to speed on the fundamental concepts of storage and introduce you to more disruptive technologies like cloud storage and flash memory.
Description: In this class, youll learn how to backup and restore your website easily with the use of a WordPress plugin. This backup technique is also useful for migrating the contents of one website to another. This course from David Cheng will teach you how to create your database, restore your website, and schedule regular website backups.
Description:Risk management skills are highly sought-after. The ExpertRating Risk Management Certification Course is designed to help you bring value to your organization. Divided into two modules, one dealing with Project Management and the other with Project Risk Management, the course gives you a general understanding of all the facets of Project Management and helps you attain an understanding of a range of risk management concepts, processes, and their real-life applications.
Description:This course will help you transition from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. You will learn about the infrastructure services that keep businesses up and running. Additionally, you will explore typical cloud infrastructure setups and how to manage cloud resources. By taking this class, youll learn how to manage and configure servers, as well as how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, youll learn how to recover your organizations IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster.
Description:By taking this class, you will learn how to identify, measure, and control losses associated with adverse effects. You will also review, analyze, select, and evaluate safeguards for mitigating risk. Additionally, the course explores processes for collecting information, providing methods of identifying security events, assigning priority levels, taking the appropriate actions, and reporting the findings to the correct individuals. Finally, through the use of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, you will understand the procedures for emergency response and post-disaster recovery.
Related Paths/Tracks:Security Awareness Training
Description:This course from Herbert J. Mattord examines contingency planning used to prepare for and manage abnormal operations, including cybersecurity incidents, natural disasters, and man-made cybersecurity disasters. After taking this class, you will be able to define and describe the components of a cybersecurity contingency planning program, identify the components and structure of an effective cybersecurity disaster recovery program, and define and describe recommended contingency strategies such as data backup and restore.
Editor at Solutions Review
Tess Hanna is an editor and writer at Solutions Review covering Backup and Disaster Recovery, Business Process Management, and Talent Management. She aims to simplify the research process for IT professionals. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google: We're capping your free cloud storage at 15GB starting next year - TechRepublic - November 16th, 2020
- Google Photos a reminder that cloud storage isn't infinite - TechHQ - November 16th, 2020
- What is the cheapest way to save all those photos in your phone? - Mint - November 16th, 2020
- What is OneDrive? Everything you need to know about Microsoft's cloud storage service - Business Insider - Business Insider - November 13th, 2020
- Samsung Cloud storage shutdown: Everything you need to know - Tom's Guide - November 13th, 2020
- InfluxData adds yet another 2.0 platform and opens a new front to cloud storage - ZDNet - November 13th, 2020
- This week in storage with Kioxia and Elastic Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - November 13th, 2020
- Global Business Cloud Storage Market Report With in Depth Analysis by Top Key Players- Zoolz OpenDrive JustCloud MozyPro Egnyte CrashPlan Dropbox... - November 13th, 2020
- Global Business Cloud Storage Market 2020 Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Strategies and Forecast to 2026 Wall Street Call - Reported Times - November 13th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Gateway Market Key Players, Product and Production Information analysis and forecast to 2026 - Zenit News - November 13th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Market Consumption Analysis, Business Overview and Upcoming Trends Forecast by 2026 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 13th, 2020
- IMT partners with Dalet to simplify AI and media storage in the cloud - KMWorld Magazine - October 29th, 2020
- NetApp CEO George Kurian: The Digital Economy 'Rewrites The Rules' - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - October 29th, 2020
- Catalogic Software Expands its Smart Data Suite to Cloud Storage and Cloud Native Applications - PR Web - October 29th, 2020
- Global Cloud Storage Market Report Forecast to 2025 by Global Market Insights, Key Companies and Driving Trends| Zoolz, OpenDrive, JustCloud, MozyPro,... - October 29th, 2020
- Sycomp launches an unmatched cloud data experience with Sycomp Storage Fueled by IBM Spectrum Scale on Azure - AiThority - October 29th, 2020
- Global Cloud Storage Providers Market Expected To Reach Highest CAGR By 2026: Pertino, Asigra, SoftLayer, StorageCraft, Dropbox etc. - The Think... - October 27th, 2020
- NetApp plays Spot the difference in cloud services build-out Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - October 27th, 2020
- Private Cloud Storage Market Analysis, Growth Forecast Analysis by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application to 2026 - TechnoWeekly - October 27th, 2020
- Global Cloud Storage Software Market Growth, Demand And Threats Analysis 2020 By Regional Overview Of Leading Players, Types, Application and Forecast... - October 27th, 2020
- Tag: Cloud Storage - The Think Curiouser - October 27th, 2020
- Cloud Object Storage Market Analysis 2020-2027: by Key Manufacturers with Countries, Types, Application and Forecast Till 2027 - The Think Curiouser - October 27th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Software Market (2020 to 2025) | Growing Application in Industry, Presents Opportunities and Demand Analysis, Growth, Size and Share -... - October 27th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Market: Qualitative Analysis of the Leading Players and Competitive Industry Scenario, 2023 - The Think Curiouser - October 27th, 2020
- Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage Integrated With Facebook as Photo and Video Transfer Destination - PRNewswire - October 24th, 2020
- Enterprise Data Cloud Storage Software Market is projected to grow at High CAGR during the forecast period, 2026 | MailChimp, Constant Contact,... - October 24th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Software Industry Market 2020: Industry Growth, Competitive Analysis, Future Prospects and Forecast 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 24th, 2020
- 5 top tips for businesses in data backup and recovery - Tom's Guide - October 24th, 2020
- Unified file and object storage: The best of both worlds? - ComputerWeekly.com - October 24th, 2020
- Business Cloud Storage market will continue to boom says analyst - Eurowire - October 24th, 2020
- Veeam Enhances Offerings To Be A 'Perfect' Fit For MSPs - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - October 24th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Gateway Market Globally Expected to Drive Growth through 2026 - KYT24 - October 24th, 2020
- BTFS is Poised to Disrupt the Cloud Storage Industry? - ihodl.com - October 15th, 2020
- Reducing cloud storage costs: what you need to know - ITProPortal - October 15th, 2020
- Save an extra 20% on VPNs, password managers, and cloud storage - Mashable - October 15th, 2020
- Cohesity hooks up with AWS to pipe data management-as-a-service at users, starting with backup - Blocks and Files - October 15th, 2020
- NetApp Insight 2020 conference news and coverage - TechTarget - October 15th, 2020
- iPad productivity tips: Keyboard tricks, shortcuts, and more - Fast Company - October 15th, 2020
- Cloud At The Edge, GPU Storage And LTO Gen 9 - Forbes - September 25th, 2020
- Zoom is being sued over its cloud storage practices - TechRadar - September 25th, 2020
- Microsofts storage dream: a hard disk drive the size of a wardrobe with Samsung Galaxy S20 parts - TechRadar - September 25th, 2020
- How to Access S3 Buckets from Windows or Linux - ITPro Today - September 25th, 2020
- There is a hole in my cloud bucket - Fudzilla - September 25th, 2020
- Red Hat shifts automated data pipeline into OpenShift Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - September 25th, 2020
- Seagate gets into object storage with new CORTX software Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - September 25th, 2020
- Kioxia's Ethernet SSD stirs into EBOF life as architects dream - Blocks and Files - September 25th, 2020
- Ceph scales to 10 billion objects Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - September 25th, 2020
- Google accused of using its online dominance to hold back competitors; to face antitrust lawsuit: Report - Times Now - September 25th, 2020
- Synology DiskStation can keep your digital life organized and safe - The Dallas Morning News - September 25th, 2020
- Looking for a job? The Library is here to help! | Globe Times - swglobetimes.com - September 25th, 2020
- Multi Cloud Storage Market is Projected to Increment at an Eye-Catching CAGR by 2023 | 21.2% CAGR | Know the COVID19 Impact - Verdant News - September 25th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Cloud Platform Market: Demand Rate with Regional Outlook, Applications, Consumer Profiles & Forecast 2026 - The Daily... - September 25th, 2020
- This tiny CPU firm could play a key role in the future of Apple One - TechRadar - September 25th, 2020
- Could Snowflake Rival Amazon in Cloud Storage and Services? Here's What You Need to Know About the New So - Tech Times - September 15th, 2020
- How Cloud Computing Can Deal With Lightning Strikes and Hackers - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace - September 15th, 2020
- How to approach IT logging in the cloud vs. on premises - TechTarget - September 15th, 2020
- This lifetime web hosting subscription comes with up to 1TB of storage - Mashable - September 15th, 2020
- Keep It in the Cloud! Best Cloud Storage Systems of 2020 - iDrop News - September 6th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on Cloud Storage Software Market 2025 Expected to reach Highest CAGR including major key players Amazon Web Services, Microsoft,... - September 6th, 2020
- Facebook adds cloud storage providers Dropbox and Koofr to its photo and video portability tool - Digital Information World - September 6th, 2020
- Cloud storages you need to know - The Star, Kenya - September 6th, 2020
- How COVID-19 is Impacting the Consumer Cloud Storage Services Market by Industry Analysis, by Type, Application and Top Players:Apple, Google, Box,... - September 6th, 2020
- Cloud Storage Gateway Market to Witness Stunning Growth by 2027; Key Players are Riverbed Technology, SoftNAS, Inc., Oracle, Microsoft, Nasuni... - September 6th, 2020
- COVID-19 Is Driving a Cloud Computing Surge That Will Only Continue | Opinion - Newsweek - September 6th, 2020
- Asia Pacific Personal Cloud Market Industry Analysis and Market Forecast (2019-2026) _ Hosted Types, Revenues, User Type, and Geography. - Galus... - September 6th, 2020
- Amazon's Blink Unveils New Wireless Security Cameras with HD Video, Flexible Storage Options, and New Battery Expansion Pack Cameras Start at $79.99... - September 2nd, 2020
- Cloud Storage Software Market Will Raise Beyond Imagination over Period 2025 | Microsoft, Oracle, Rackspace Hosting, Red Hat, IBM - Scientect - September 2nd, 2020
- Stand Alone Cloud Storage Market Current Industry Size and Future Prospective with Key Players, Drivers and Trends - The Daily Chronicle - September 2nd, 2020
- Media And Entertainment Storage TAM To Exceed $16B By 2025 - Forbes - September 2nd, 2020
- The Launching Ceremony for XnMatrix Wrapped Up, the Next Generation of Cloud Computing Eco-System Sets Sail - PRNewswire - September 2nd, 2020
- Why not open our own Container Registry, muses GitHub as it gives orgs a hand at resource-sharing DEVCLASS - DevClass - September 2nd, 2020
- Sharing responsibility: Why we need to work together to keep the cloud secure - ComputerWeekly.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Data breach exposes tens of thousands of NSW drivers licences online - ABC News - September 2nd, 2020
- 10 Key Takeaways From NetApp CEO George Kurian: Cloud, Coronavirus And Growth - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - September 2nd, 2020
- Responding to Cloud Misconfigurations with Security Automation and Common-Sense Tips - Security Boulevard - September 2nd, 2020
- How to Prepare for the Next Time the Cloud Goes Down - Gizmodo - September 2nd, 2020
- Demand for Consumer Cloud Storage Services Market from Major End-use Sectors to Increase in the Near Future - The Scarlet - August 29th, 2020
- Prevent the storage and data security risks of remote work - TechTarget - August 29th, 2020
- Samsung kills Gallery Sync and Drive support in favor of OneDrive - Android Central - August 29th, 2020
- 4 great Android apps to edit the perfect photo - Phandroid - News for Android - August 29th, 2020