Press Release Hivemind Ltd
New Zealands smart hive innovation company, Hivemind, is launching a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to help beekeepers check their hives remotely, and take proactive action to keep their bees safe and happy.Press release: Hivemind, Christchurch, New Zealand, 29 March 2017
Hivemind crowdfunds affordable bee surveillance for hive health
Smart hive minder helps beekeepers #savebees and maintain #healthyhives
Hive Strength Monitor with WiFi alerts beekeepers of early signs of trouble
Tracks and reports changes in bee activity, hive temperature and humidity
Enables proactive just-in-time beehive protection
Helps reduce bee and honey loss from pests, disease, hunger, and swarming
New Zealands smart hive innovation company, Hivemind, is launching a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to help beekeepers check their hives remotely, and take proactive action to keep their bees safe and happy.
The Hive Strength Monitor with WiFi campaign aims to develop and commercialise an affordable and accessible WiFi version of Hiveminds flagship satellite-based Hive Strength Monitor for all beekeepers.
It is targeted at responsible beekeepers, commercial pollinators, and honey lovers alike around the world who are committed to keeping all bee colonies happy and strong.
Remote bee monitoring saves bees
The benefit of the new Hive Strength Monitor with WiFi and Smartphone App is the ability for beekeepers to see from their mobile device that their bees are happy and busy doing what they should be doing pollination and honey.
The system comes with sensors and remote monitoring software that measures bee activity and hive conditions, and alerts beekeepers of changes in, humidity, temperature, and bee numbers.
With the hives connected to their own WiFi network, beekeepers can open their Hivemind app to quickly assess the condition and wellbeing of their hives. Large-scale deployments can also install a WiFi hotspot to provide intensive hive monitoring at minimal monthly fees.
Our Hive Strength Monitor can also help beekeepers pick up any early signs of trouble and to act quickly to prevent or minimise both loss of their bees and potential spread of disease, says Hivemind Director, Berwyn Hoyt.
Any sudden changes in activity or temperature could mean the bees are swarming, or dying off due to disease or hunger, or that the honey from the hives is being robbed by wasps. Hivemind data alerts can allow beekeepers to proactively assess the situation and mitigate any risk to their hives quickly.
After two years in development, the launch of Hiveminds maiden satellite model designed for commercial bee pollinators and manuka honey producers, was partly funded by the New Zealand Governments Callaghan Innovation Today, there are close to 300 commercial Hivemind installations across New Zealand, Australia and the US, with customers reporting increases in their honey yields by as much as 18%.
Mike Everly at Forest & Bees Native Honey was one of Hiveminds early adopters. He explains, Our manuka honey hives are placed in very remote sites in New Zealand, many accessible only by helicopter. Knowing what is happening through the season is critical to decisions about if and when we may need to add boxes, and when we need to harvest. Using this data, we selectively check on areas and make much better management decisions. I could not be happier with the data and information the Hivemind system provides.
Keeping bees happy
The importance of the role bees play in the survival of our planet cant be understated. Pest invasions, diseases, fungi, pesticides, overcrowding, and diminishing food sources are contributing to poor hive health, swarming, and colony collapse.
Keeping bees happy has become a primary environmental concern where technology can play a significant role, says Hoyt. With better understanding of bee behaviour and hive conditions, beekeepers and commercial pollinators can potentially prevent swarms, dying colonies, and the spread of disease by mitigating risks early.
We hope that with enough support, our WiFi enabled Hive Strength Monitor and smartphone app can help beekeepers worldwide to better understand and optimise the condition, health and yield of their managed honey bee colonies, says Hoyt. The United States market in particular has a large pollination industry, which has recently been troubled by disease and Colony Collapse Disorder.
Hiveminds crowd funding campaign is now live on Indiegogo: http://hivemind.co.nz/hive-monitor
Thank you for your support!
Hivemind is an apiculture innovation company established in Christchurch New Zealand in 2012 by brothers Berwyn, Ben and Bryan Hoyt. The Hivemind Scales and Hive Strength Monitor are the companys flagship products launched in 2014. Since then, close to 300 Hivemind Hive Strength monitor systems have sold to commercial beekeepers and pollinators across New Zealand, Australia, and more recently, the United States. Hiveminds smart hive technology achieved finalist recognition for innovation in the both the 2016 NZ Hi Tech Awards and the 2016 NZ Innovation Awards. Visit http://www.hivemind.co.nz
How will the Hivemind Hive Strength Monitor for WiFi work?
The new Hivemind Hive Strength Monitor for WiFi will enable beekeepers to remotely monitor their hives and record the data for review online at hivemind.co.nz.
Sensors and technology developed by Hivemind attach to the front of a hive to collect data on:
Bee numbers entering and leaving the hive to track whether and by how much bee numbers increase in spring, what time of day the bees start and stop flying, and how activity compares to other nearby hives connected to the system
Brood temperature to determine whether the queen is laying, if the brood is healthy, or alerts the beekeeper if the hive gets too cold and needs insulating
External ambient temperature which can be compared with the internal temperature to explain bee activity
Hive humidity to determine whether the bees are getting enough water and can provide an early cue about hive diseases
The data is then transmitted automatically from the hive via the users own WiFi to Hiveminds smartphone app. Users can then log in to their hive data from their mobile device and quickly check the condition of their hives and bee activity without disturbing the bees by unnecessarily opening and moving hives. The app will also enable them to link and share photos, notes and other reminders to the charts, and show the effects of their beekeeping management.
Content Sourced from scoop.co.nz Original url
View original post here:
Crowdfunding: affordable bee surveillance for hive health - Scoop.co.nz (press release)
- This 13-year-old from Bengaluru is crowd funding to set up refrigerators for the poor - EdexLive - August 6th, 2020
- State to match crowdfunding money raised to help restaurant recovery from pandemic - FOX 2 Detroit - June 17th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Global Crowd Funding Market 2020 Industry Size, Advancement Strategy, Top Players, SWOT Analysis and 2025 Forecasts -... - June 17th, 2020
- Funding defamation and privacy proceedings - are there still options? - Lexology - June 17th, 2020
- Wallingford RFC raise money to replace kit after it was stolen by thieves - Oxford Mail - June 17th, 2020
- How Crowdfunding platforms help businesses cushion the effects of the COVID-19 crisis - Born2Invest - June 8th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on Crowd Funding 2020 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 29th, 2020
- Milagrow ventures into crowdfunding with launch of massaging robot Wheeme 2020 - Economic Times - May 25th, 2020
- Hotel resorts to crowd funding to stay afloat - Daily Business - April 21st, 2020
- Global Crowd Funding Market: Which companies will have a strong foothold? - Feed Road - March 2nd, 2020
- Crowd Funding Market to Witness Slow Growth Owing to Unfavorable Government Policies in 2016 2022 - Redhill Local Councillors - February 16th, 2020
- How the sands have shifted on Awaroa, 'New Zealand's beach' - Stuff.co.nz - February 16th, 2020
- Online crowdfunding platform market was estimated to be US$ 456.51 Mn in 2018 and is expected to reach US$ 752.56 Mn by 2027 growing at a CAGR of 5.2%... - February 14th, 2020
- Online Crowdfunding Platform Market Estimated to be US$ 456.51 Mn in 2018 and is Expected to Reach US$ 752.56 Mn by 2027 Growing at a CAGR of 5.2%... - February 1st, 2020
- Crowdfunding platforms probably wont replace investment banks, but they will shake things up a bit - Stockhead - February 1st, 2020
- Hundreds of Canadian transplant patients crowd fund to cover costs, study says - National Post - January 12th, 2020
- Now, BBMP looking at CSR to rejuvenate lakes - The Hindu - December 21st, 2019
- Crowd funding initiative for government school - The Hindu - December 10th, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE: Intergreatme's over R32m crowdfund - reduced to R6m after 'suspect pledges' - Ventureburn - December 10th, 2019
- Crowd Funding Market 2025: Topmost manufacturers With Size, Regions, Types, Major Drivers, Profits - BoundWatch - December 10th, 2019
- Crowd Funding Size, Growth, Analysis Of Key- players Types And Application, Outlook 2025 - 101Newsindustry - December 7th, 2019
- Parents of Beatriz Farmer-Maia raise over 30000 to fund her treatment to beat childhood cancer - Islington Gazette - November 19th, 2019
- How to Crowdfund (with Pictures) - wikiHow - June 7th, 2018
- Property Crowd Funding - The Magic of Modern Day Investing - HuffPost - September 4th, 2017
- Getting Crowdfunding Fundamentals Down to A Science In Advance Of Campaign Key To Success - HuffPost - August 28th, 2017
- Dreamhost Crowd-Funding Legal Action Against DOJ - eWeek - August 22nd, 2017
- Buy a share in a brewery: Pozible launches equity crowd-funding site Birchal - The Sydney Morning Herald - August 1st, 2017
- Woman who contracted E.Coli returns home from Turkey after crowd funding appeal - Glasgow Live - July 9th, 2017
- Africa's first impact-focused equity crowd funding portal founder ... - CNBCAfrica.com - July 5th, 2017
- Crowd funding campaign to save a two-year-old kid - Times of India - July 2nd, 2017
- Arrowtown musician Holly Arrowsmith crowd funding new album - The Southland Times - June 26th, 2017
- Ex-Googler Lina Gantar launches crowd funding agency in Manchester - Manchester Evening News - June 25th, 2017
- Crowd funding could be used to buy the long-vacant Bell Building downtown - Wyoming Tribune - June 24th, 2017
- Wyo. Sec of State unveils new crowdfunding platform - Wyoming Business Report - June 16th, 2017
- Wyo. Sect'y of State unveils new crowdfunding platform - Wyoming Business Report - June 14th, 2017
- Where is the crowd-funding for the destitute? - News24 - June 9th, 2017
- Florida education news: #HB7069, teacher diversity, crowd funding and more - Tampabay.com (blog) - June 5th, 2017
- BBB Has Advice Before You Contribute To A Crowd Funding Site - Newstalkkgvo - June 2nd, 2017
- Catapooolt all set to Catapult Crowdfunding in India with an Asian Record - Bizztor (press release) (blog) - May 19th, 2017
- Should you invest in Bitcoins, crowd funding, P2P lending? - Economic Times - May 15th, 2017
- Cork Foundation's Live Crowd Funding event - The Avondhu Press (press release) - May 6th, 2017
- Will crowdfunding get a synthetic biology win? - PLoS Blogs (blog) - May 3rd, 2017
- Impact Guru, GlobalGiving tie-up to scale crowd funding in India - Daily News & Analysis - May 2nd, 2017
- Plastc Card Is Cancelled: The Dangers Of Crowd Funding Tech - Forbes - April 29th, 2017
- Can crowd funding help scale up solar power for Africa's poor? - The Standard (press release) - April 25th, 2017
- Donate safely: Avoiding crowd funding scams - KXLY Spokane - April 20th, 2017
- Maharashtra schools raise Rs 216 crore via crowd funding - The Indian Express - April 18th, 2017
- Crowd funding: SECP warns of false scheme - The Express Tribune - March 28th, 2017
- Arsenal fan plots sensational crowdfunding campaign to BUY the club from owner Stan Kroenke - The Sun - March 23rd, 2017
- How to make crowdfunding work for you - Buffalo Business First - February 13th, 2017
- Crowd funding | ASIC's MoneySmart - September 17th, 2016
- Crowd Funding - October 23rd, 2015
- Crowdfunding - P2P Foundation - October 23rd, 2015
- Comparison of crowdfunding services - Wikipedia, the free ... - September 5th, 2015
- Fundraising Script,Crowd Funding Script,Crowdfunding ... - August 14th, 2015
- The Life Chest: Crowd Funding Video - Video - May 5th, 2015
- THIS TOKYO #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS LOVE #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS PSYCHIC #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS SUPER #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS ROADHOUSE #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS BEYOND #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS HEARTBREAKER #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS WWW #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS GENUINE #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- True Colours Crowd funding Campaign - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS NEW YORK 2015 #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Armitage Dinosaur - crowd-funding video - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Who benefits from crowd funding? - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- The Man Who Found His Freedom - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Crowd Funding proof V1 - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- TEN FOOT TONE - New CD - TASTE GOOD - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- One Spark/Tamarin Fruits - Video - May 1st, 2015
- Crowd Funding Video- BROKEN ROAD (Short Film) - Video - April 30th, 2015
- Crowd Funding video San Jose Bike Clinic - Video - April 28th, 2015
- Domestic Violence & Abuse Help Break the Cycle - Seed the Books Crowd Funding Campaign - Video - April 28th, 2015
- LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT: FINANCING - Crowd Funding - Video - April 27th, 2015
- Crowd Funding- Habitat for Humanity Charity Trip to Cebu in June 2015 - Video - April 27th, 2015
- Annalakshmi on the swan Crowd funding 14 04 15 WM - Video - April 26th, 2015
- Beat Buddy Inside Story - Video - April 26th, 2015