Steve Anderrson Monday, 13 January 2020, 13:19 EST Modified date: Monday, 13 January 2020, 13:20 EST
Bitcoins market presence and value have been on a definite rise in these early days of 2020. The price increased 11% within the first week of the year and then fell to $7,900 on January 9, but not before peaking at about $8,400 on January 8, a high that hadnt seen since November 2019.
The growing influence and value of cryptocurrencies have brought in significant changes to the Israeli trading platform eToro. The company has managed an investment social network since 2007 and its cryptocurrency exchange division eToroX since 2019.
Cryptocurrencies alone have accounted for 20% of their total trading volume through eToroX.eToro CEO Yoni Assia said that eToro provides a social network for investors to see what assets are invested in, whether it be indices, stocks, or cryptocurrencies.
Most of eToros trading volume still sits in the stocks sector as the global stock market continued setting records in 2019. In an interview with the Daily Globes, Assia spoke on how Bitcoin will continue to lead the cryptocurrency market.
Assia stated that they see a lot of people coming into their platform for cryptocurrency trading and then later get into stock trading and remain on the platform. eToro is also one of the few platforms in the world where stocks can traded using bitcoin.
eToro also launched a digital wallet through which customers can hold and transfer their cryptocurrencies. The company also has plans to launch its debit card so its users can instantly debit the transferred currencies.
Assia stated, The card will help expand eToros financial services and will be available in more than 100 countries around the world.
Assai says that when eToro entered the market was very strategic for them since most exchanges got into cryptocurrency trading during early 2018 when the unprecedented rise in Bitcoin value came in 2017.
All the new exchanges profited from the boom, but it was short-lived as the crypto winter hit, and most exchanges succumbed to all the market pressure.
But by the second quarter of 2019, as eToro got into the crypto trading market, surges in the transactional volume and market prices were surging again due to the announcement of Facebooks Libra coin.
This brought awareness of cryptocurrencies to globally. eToro observed a 5x increase in transaction volume and the number of cryptocurrency traders on its platform. As the market stabilized during the third and fourth quarters of 2019, eToro saw a two to three times increase in crypto users and transaction volumes.
eToro had also acquired two startups, the Belgia-based cryptocurrency portfolio monitoring platform Delta, and a Danish startup Firmo, whose specialty lies in developing more secure smart contracts on the blockchain.
The company hopes to integrate Delta customers into eToroX and use the technology developed by Firmo in conjunction with eToros blockchain laboratory. They launched 17 stablecoins on eToroX this year.
In early 2019, Yoni Assia, along with his brother Ronen Assia, who is also the co-founder, and chief product officer of eToro, stated that they planned to expand their investment social network to investors in other countries such as Hong Kong, China, and South Africa.
Assia also went on to say that eToro expanded its business significantly by about 50% in Australia, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and China. They also held an event in the United States. At the moment, eToro only provides cryptocurrency transaction services to U.S. customers, but they hope to expand to more countries in the future.
Yoni Assia also spoke about Israeli company INX which offers cryptocurrencies as security tokens saying, Securities tokens are an exciting market segment, but the liquidity and supply of this market are still not enough to attract investors.
I think that among the hot words in the various cryptocurrency markets we hear about, security tokens will be in the infrastructure development phase this year. On the other hand, in my opinion, stablecoins and DeFi applications are areas where we will see more activity in 2020.
He also believes that in the next decade, the financial industry will undergo tokenization with a basis on blockchain infrastructure. It will all be part of the gradual vast digitization of the financial sector.
When asked about his thoughts on the future of cryptocurrencies and the challenges they will face in 2020, Assia said that he believes Bitcoin will continue to lead the cryptocurrency market in the long run.
Ethereum also holds massive potential with its smart contract technology, and ripple will design the infrastructure on fund transfers between banks.
He also says that other unusual coins like Tezos that focuses on creating decentralized corporate control over IOTA will also grow prominently in their respective fields of expertise.
He also considers Bitcoin halving to be a significant event, and it will bring forth price hikes in the market.
Assia has finally mentioned that he firmly believes that the Bitcoin community came a long way in 2019 and that the concept of Bitcoin and the financial benefits it holds against traditional currencies has already taken hold of consumers in various countries.
The public discussion of Bitcoin will only continue to grow, and the stock market will continue to break records on the side.
- Cryptocurrency market update: Major cryptos trade in tight ranges on Saturday - FXStreet - April 6th, 2020
- These are the main factors to consider before investing in the cryptocurrency market - CryptoSlate - April 6th, 2020
- Brian Armstrong: Cryptocurrency Boom Will Spawn Millions of Tokens - The Daily Hodl - April 6th, 2020
- Global demand for cryptocurrencies escalating rapidly: What is the reason for this? - Cryptopolitan - April 6th, 2020
- This Cryptocurrency Casino Is the Latest Terrible Idea by Atari - CCN.com - April 6th, 2020
- First Mover: Trillions in Coronavirus Stimulus Bring Out the Bitcoin Bulls - Yahoo Finance - April 6th, 2020
- YouTube Scares Off Cryptocurrency Supporters by Banning their Content - Coin Idol - April 6th, 2020
- Alipays Progress in Developing the Official Chinese Cryptocurrency Amidst the Global Chaos - TWJ News - March 29th, 2020
- Huobi (HT) Buying Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrency Is Easier With Huobi Lite - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - March 29th, 2020
- Lukka debuts resource library on all things cryptocurrency - Accounting Today - March 28th, 2020
- Not Convinced New Investors are Buying Bitcoin, Top Analyst Says - newsBTC - March 28th, 2020
- How to identify when a cryptocurrency is about to skyrocket? | The Home of Altcoins: All About Crypto, Bitcoin & Altcoins - Coinlist - March 28th, 2020
- Coronavirus Crisis Shows Benefits of Virtual Reality to Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts - The Merkle Hash - March 28th, 2020
- Report: Asian Nations are Increasing Cryptocurrency Usage - Asia Crypto Today - March 28th, 2020
- President of Brazilian banking On cryptocurrency: They do not fulfill any of the classic functions of currency - Crypto Daily - March 28th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Accounting Firm Launches Library of Legal and Tax Advice - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Binance Reveals the Secret Behind Its Cryptocurrency Futures Success - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- What Happened In Cryptocurrency Tax Space In Q1 2020 - Forbes - March 27th, 2020
- What Will $6 Trillion in Monetary Expansion Do To Cryptocurrency? (Opinion) - CryptoPotato - March 27th, 2020
- Why this cryptocurrency just surged 16% on news of a key Binance partnership - CryptoSlate - March 27th, 2020
- The Role of Cryptocurrencies in the Rise of Ransomware - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Dash and Monero edge above Bitcoin to lead a remarkable recovery - FXStreet - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin news: Price hit by dramatic value fluctuations amid coronavirus panic buying and selling - The Independent - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin in the Palm of Your Hand Crypto Hardware Wallets Review - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Ranked: US cities with the most crypto owners - Decrypt - March 27th, 2020
- The Coder and the Dictator - The New York Times - March 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Gains $25.7B In 24 Hours As It Recovers From Massive Sell-Off - Benzinga - March 27th, 2020
- Chinas Cryptocurrency Is Closer Than Expected, Already Working On Legislation - CryptoPotato - March 27th, 2020
- We Implemented Cryptocurrency In Our Cannabis Business. Here's What We Found. - Green Entrepreneur - March 27th, 2020
- How To Make Money When The Cryptocurrency Market Is Tanking - Forbes - March 19th, 2020
- Thousands of These Computers Were Mining Cryptocurrency. Now They're Working on Coronavirus Research - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 19th, 2020
- Itiviti and Gemini to offer Nyfix connectivity for cryptocurrency customers - Finextra - March 19th, 2020
- 6 Cryptocurrency Exchanges That Don't Require KYC - Bitcoin News - March 19th, 2020
- How to Seize What Might Be Unprecedented Crypto Buying... - Coinspeaker - March 19th, 2020
- Will iMining Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (CVE:IMIN) Spend Its Cash Wisely? - Simply Wall St - March 19th, 2020
- How Do You Maximize the Benefits of Cryptocurrency While Avoiding Near-Term Tax? Consider a Self-Directed IRA - The Block Talk - March 19th, 2020
- Russian Premier Bank Signals Red For Cryptocurrency Circulation And Issuance - TWJ News - March 19th, 2020
- Cyber Thieves Using Coronavirus Fears to Steal Bitcoin (BTC) and Cryptocurrency - The Daily Hodl - March 19th, 2020
- BitGo Starts to Further its Cryptocurrency insurance policies - Crypto Daily - March 19th, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies see $93.5 billion wiped off value in 24 hours as bitcoin plunges 48% - CNBC - March 15th, 2020
- [Updated] The Real Reason Behind Bitcoin And Cryptos Massive $50 Billion Crash? - Forbes - March 15th, 2020
- 50 Companies Back New Cryptocurrency Project Competing With Facebook's Libra - Bitcoin News - March 15th, 2020
- The unlikely cryptocurrency bill that went to Congress - Decrypt - March 15th, 2020
- Bitcoin Just Failed the Coronavirus Test - Motley Fool - March 15th, 2020
- XRP on the Verge of Free Fall - Crypto Briefing - March 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency exchange CoinDCX invests $1.3M in education initiative 'TryCrypto' - YourStory - March 15th, 2020
- Rise in trading volume a positive sign for cryptocurrency - BTC Wires - March 15th, 2020
- Elon Musk and Daniel Craig Featured in Cryptocurrency Scam Promising Massive Returns - The Daily Hodl - March 15th, 2020
- South Korea passes one of the worlds first comprehensive cryptocurrency laws - TechCrunch - March 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin And Crypto Investors: Avoid This New Cryptocurrency Like The Plague - Forbes - March 10th, 2020
- Over $26 billion wiped off cryptocurrency market in 24 hours after massive oil price plunge - CNBC - March 10th, 2020
- Chinese Nationals Charged with Laundering More Than $100 Million in Cryptocurrency | Chief Investment Officer - Chief Investment Officer - March 10th, 2020
- View: Why it's better for RBI to just wait and watch on cryptocurrency - Economic Times - March 10th, 2020
- Will Japan have a National Cryptocurrency? - Asia Crypto Today - March 10th, 2020
- Cardano (ADA) Cryptocurrency Going Great with Commercialization Measures - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - March 10th, 2020
- Binance Coin (BNB) Cryptocurrency Is Surging: Here's How It Can Refuel BTC - newsBTC - March 10th, 2020
- Is the Coronavirus The Black Swan Event That Crushes Cryptocurrency? - newsBTC - March 5th, 2020
- Nearly $10bn worth of cryptocurrency was stolen in the past three years - TechRadar - March 5th, 2020
- Latest news on the cryptocurrency market - Born2Invest - March 5th, 2020
- Coinbase CEO Reveals Controversial Bitcoin (BTC) and Cryptocurrency Prediction With Major Shift Incoming - The Daily Hodl - March 5th, 2020
- Elon Musk Just Sent The Best Cryptocurrency And Prank Bitcoin Rival Sharply HigherHeres Why - Forbes - March 4th, 2020
- Who Needs Cryptocurrency FedCoin When We Already Have A National Digital Currency? - Forbes - March 4th, 2020
- Binance, Coinbase, And Other Cryptocurrency Exchanges Reportedly Targeted By A New Trojan Virus - CryptoPotato - March 4th, 2020
- North Korea may Have to Forfeit 113 Cryptocurrency Accounts - The Merkle Hash - March 4th, 2020
- Elon Musk says Dogecoin is the best cryptocurrency - Decrypt - March 4th, 2020
- CoronaCoin: Cryptocurrency that bets on coronavirus deaths - Business Today - March 4th, 2020
- Meet the Northumbrian using cryptocurrency to address the UK's housing crisis - North East Times - March 4th, 2020
- How UNICEFs crypto currency fund could change the UN - Quartz - February 28th, 2020
- When IRS Asks About Cryptocurrency On Your Taxes, Answer Carefully - Forbes - February 28th, 2020
- While The Rest of the Market Tanks, One Cryptocurrency Is Above All-Time High - newsBTC - February 28th, 2020
- Crypto in the Hermit Kingdom: Understanding the Objectives of the Pyongyang Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference - RUSI Analysis - February 28th, 2020
- Warren Buffett: Cryptocurrency 'has no value' 'I don't own any and never will' - CNBC - February 28th, 2020
- VeChain (VET) Billion Dollars Partners Believe in the Cryptocurrency - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - February 28th, 2020
- Yemens Civil War Shows the Dangers of Crypto - Yahoo Finance - February 28th, 2020
- Fantom Foundation (FTM) 20 Cryptocurrency Transactions in a Single Second on the Blockchain - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - February 28th, 2020
- VertCoin (VTC) One Click Miner Beginning To Rock the Cryptocurrency World Already - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - February 28th, 2020
- A plan to sell Perth Glory to the LFE cryptocurrency firm is over, but the deal never added up - ABC News - February 28th, 2020
- Crime And Punishment In The Cryptocurrency World - Forbes - February 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Focus: Ethereum Is on Fire - TheStreet - February 27th, 2020
- Warren Buffett says he will never own any cryptocurrency - Yahoo Finance - February 27th, 2020