Hello Hard Forkers, welcome to another Moonday Morning where we wrap-up the weekends hot cryptocurrency and blockchain headlines.
Take a look.
A small but illegal Bitcoin mine has been located and dismantled in the Ukraine, according to a Facebook post published by an account which appears to belong to the Chairman of Ukraines state railway. Late last year, Yevhen Kravtsov said the farm was located in a railway building in Ternopil in the west of Ukraine.
The farm allegedly installed more than 100 cryptocurrency miners which were attached to the railway buildings power supply in such a way they bypassed the electricity meter. Kravtsov said the people running the mine had saved themselves more than $40,000 by doing so.
Virgil Griffith, the Ethereum ETH developer that allegedly travelled to North Korea to give a talk on how cryptocurrency could be used to evade sanctions, has been released on a $1 million bond, AP reports. The bail has been granted despite prosecutors fears that Griffith may flee the country before his trial
The news comes shortly after Griffith was formally indicted by US authorities late last week. The developer was placed on house arrest, with an electronic tag, at his parents home.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is skeptical whether Libra will make inroads in the country at all,ZDNet writes. According to the report, the RBA believes its still unclear if there will be strong demand for stablecoins, and cryptocurrency-based products like Facebooks Libra in Australia.
In a submission to the Select Committee on Financial Technology and Regulatory Technology the RBA said: Australia is already well served by a range of low-cost and efficient real-time payment methods, such as the New Payments Platform, that utilize funds held in accounts at prudentially supervised financial institutions.
The Japanese Financial Service Agency is reportedly planning to introduce a rule that limits the amount of leverage an investor can use in cryptocurrency margin trading, English-speaking outlet The Japan News reports.
The new rule would see leverage limited to twice the deposits of traders. The industry currently has a self-imposed cap of four times; the new law would cut potential leverage in half. According to sources familiar with the matter, the new rule looks set to come into force in the springtime.
Gregg Bennett, the man who allegedly lost $1 million worth of Bitcoin in a SIM-swap attack, has taken out Twitter adverts attacking cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex, the Seattle Times reports. The ads spread Bennetts claims that Bittrex is an unsafe exchange. He also maintains a website that documents his case against the exchange.
Bennett fell victim to the SIM-swap attack last year. He claims Bittrex violated or ignored its own security standards and industry-standard practices, which allowed hackers to steal 100 Bitcoin from him. Bittrex has said its not at fault and asked for the case to be dismissed.
There you have it, now go get on with your week.
Published January 13, 2020 09:41 UTC
Go here to read the rest:
Moonday Mornings: Ethereum dev released on $1M bail over North Korea case - The Next Web
- Cryptocurrency market update: Major cryptos trade in tight ranges on Saturday - FXStreet - April 6th, 2020
- These are the main factors to consider before investing in the cryptocurrency market - CryptoSlate - April 6th, 2020
- Brian Armstrong: Cryptocurrency Boom Will Spawn Millions of Tokens - The Daily Hodl - April 6th, 2020
- Global demand for cryptocurrencies escalating rapidly: What is the reason for this? - Cryptopolitan - April 6th, 2020
- This Cryptocurrency Casino Is the Latest Terrible Idea by Atari - CCN.com - April 6th, 2020
- First Mover: Trillions in Coronavirus Stimulus Bring Out the Bitcoin Bulls - Yahoo Finance - April 6th, 2020
- YouTube Scares Off Cryptocurrency Supporters by Banning their Content - Coin Idol - April 6th, 2020
- Alipays Progress in Developing the Official Chinese Cryptocurrency Amidst the Global Chaos - TWJ News - March 29th, 2020
- Huobi (HT) Buying Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrency Is Easier With Huobi Lite - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - March 29th, 2020
- Lukka debuts resource library on all things cryptocurrency - Accounting Today - March 28th, 2020
- Not Convinced New Investors are Buying Bitcoin, Top Analyst Says - newsBTC - March 28th, 2020
- How to identify when a cryptocurrency is about to skyrocket? | The Home of Altcoins: All About Crypto, Bitcoin & Altcoins - Coinlist - March 28th, 2020
- Coronavirus Crisis Shows Benefits of Virtual Reality to Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts - The Merkle Hash - March 28th, 2020
- Report: Asian Nations are Increasing Cryptocurrency Usage - Asia Crypto Today - March 28th, 2020
- President of Brazilian banking On cryptocurrency: They do not fulfill any of the classic functions of currency - Crypto Daily - March 28th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Accounting Firm Launches Library of Legal and Tax Advice - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Binance Reveals the Secret Behind Its Cryptocurrency Futures Success - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- What Happened In Cryptocurrency Tax Space In Q1 2020 - Forbes - March 27th, 2020
- What Will $6 Trillion in Monetary Expansion Do To Cryptocurrency? (Opinion) - CryptoPotato - March 27th, 2020
- Why this cryptocurrency just surged 16% on news of a key Binance partnership - CryptoSlate - March 27th, 2020
- The Role of Cryptocurrencies in the Rise of Ransomware - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Dash and Monero edge above Bitcoin to lead a remarkable recovery - FXStreet - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin news: Price hit by dramatic value fluctuations amid coronavirus panic buying and selling - The Independent - March 27th, 2020
- Bitcoin in the Palm of Your Hand Crypto Hardware Wallets Review - Cointelegraph - March 27th, 2020
- Ranked: US cities with the most crypto owners - Decrypt - March 27th, 2020
- The Coder and the Dictator - The New York Times - March 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Gains $25.7B In 24 Hours As It Recovers From Massive Sell-Off - Benzinga - March 27th, 2020
- Chinas Cryptocurrency Is Closer Than Expected, Already Working On Legislation - CryptoPotato - March 27th, 2020
- We Implemented Cryptocurrency In Our Cannabis Business. Here's What We Found. - Green Entrepreneur - March 27th, 2020
- How To Make Money When The Cryptocurrency Market Is Tanking - Forbes - March 19th, 2020
- Thousands of These Computers Were Mining Cryptocurrency. Now They're Working on Coronavirus Research - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - March 19th, 2020
- Itiviti and Gemini to offer Nyfix connectivity for cryptocurrency customers - Finextra - March 19th, 2020
- 6 Cryptocurrency Exchanges That Don't Require KYC - Bitcoin News - March 19th, 2020
- How to Seize What Might Be Unprecedented Crypto Buying... - Coinspeaker - March 19th, 2020
- Will iMining Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (CVE:IMIN) Spend Its Cash Wisely? - Simply Wall St - March 19th, 2020
- How Do You Maximize the Benefits of Cryptocurrency While Avoiding Near-Term Tax? Consider a Self-Directed IRA - The Block Talk - March 19th, 2020
- Russian Premier Bank Signals Red For Cryptocurrency Circulation And Issuance - TWJ News - March 19th, 2020
- Cyber Thieves Using Coronavirus Fears to Steal Bitcoin (BTC) and Cryptocurrency - The Daily Hodl - March 19th, 2020
- BitGo Starts to Further its Cryptocurrency insurance policies - Crypto Daily - March 19th, 2020
- Cryptocurrencies see $93.5 billion wiped off value in 24 hours as bitcoin plunges 48% - CNBC - March 15th, 2020
- [Updated] The Real Reason Behind Bitcoin And Cryptos Massive $50 Billion Crash? - Forbes - March 15th, 2020
- 50 Companies Back New Cryptocurrency Project Competing With Facebook's Libra - Bitcoin News - March 15th, 2020
- The unlikely cryptocurrency bill that went to Congress - Decrypt - March 15th, 2020
- Bitcoin Just Failed the Coronavirus Test - Motley Fool - March 15th, 2020
- XRP on the Verge of Free Fall - Crypto Briefing - March 15th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency exchange CoinDCX invests $1.3M in education initiative 'TryCrypto' - YourStory - March 15th, 2020
- Rise in trading volume a positive sign for cryptocurrency - BTC Wires - March 15th, 2020
- Elon Musk and Daniel Craig Featured in Cryptocurrency Scam Promising Massive Returns - The Daily Hodl - March 15th, 2020
- South Korea passes one of the worlds first comprehensive cryptocurrency laws - TechCrunch - March 10th, 2020
- Bitcoin And Crypto Investors: Avoid This New Cryptocurrency Like The Plague - Forbes - March 10th, 2020
- Over $26 billion wiped off cryptocurrency market in 24 hours after massive oil price plunge - CNBC - March 10th, 2020
- Chinese Nationals Charged with Laundering More Than $100 Million in Cryptocurrency | Chief Investment Officer - Chief Investment Officer - March 10th, 2020
- View: Why it's better for RBI to just wait and watch on cryptocurrency - Economic Times - March 10th, 2020
- Will Japan have a National Cryptocurrency? - Asia Crypto Today - March 10th, 2020
- Cardano (ADA) Cryptocurrency Going Great with Commercialization Measures - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - March 10th, 2020
- Binance Coin (BNB) Cryptocurrency Is Surging: Here's How It Can Refuel BTC - newsBTC - March 10th, 2020
- Is the Coronavirus The Black Swan Event That Crushes Cryptocurrency? - newsBTC - March 5th, 2020
- Nearly $10bn worth of cryptocurrency was stolen in the past three years - TechRadar - March 5th, 2020
- Latest news on the cryptocurrency market - Born2Invest - March 5th, 2020
- Coinbase CEO Reveals Controversial Bitcoin (BTC) and Cryptocurrency Prediction With Major Shift Incoming - The Daily Hodl - March 5th, 2020
- Elon Musk Just Sent The Best Cryptocurrency And Prank Bitcoin Rival Sharply HigherHeres Why - Forbes - March 4th, 2020
- Who Needs Cryptocurrency FedCoin When We Already Have A National Digital Currency? - Forbes - March 4th, 2020
- Binance, Coinbase, And Other Cryptocurrency Exchanges Reportedly Targeted By A New Trojan Virus - CryptoPotato - March 4th, 2020
- North Korea may Have to Forfeit 113 Cryptocurrency Accounts - The Merkle Hash - March 4th, 2020
- Elon Musk says Dogecoin is the best cryptocurrency - Decrypt - March 4th, 2020
- CoronaCoin: Cryptocurrency that bets on coronavirus deaths - Business Today - March 4th, 2020
- Meet the Northumbrian using cryptocurrency to address the UK's housing crisis - North East Times - March 4th, 2020
- How UNICEFs crypto currency fund could change the UN - Quartz - February 28th, 2020
- When IRS Asks About Cryptocurrency On Your Taxes, Answer Carefully - Forbes - February 28th, 2020
- While The Rest of the Market Tanks, One Cryptocurrency Is Above All-Time High - newsBTC - February 28th, 2020
- Crypto in the Hermit Kingdom: Understanding the Objectives of the Pyongyang Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference - RUSI Analysis - February 28th, 2020
- Warren Buffett: Cryptocurrency 'has no value' 'I don't own any and never will' - CNBC - February 28th, 2020
- VeChain (VET) Billion Dollars Partners Believe in the Cryptocurrency - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - February 28th, 2020
- Yemens Civil War Shows the Dangers of Crypto - Yahoo Finance - February 28th, 2020
- Fantom Foundation (FTM) 20 Cryptocurrency Transactions in a Single Second on the Blockchain - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - February 28th, 2020
- VertCoin (VTC) One Click Miner Beginning To Rock the Cryptocurrency World Already - The Cryptocurrency Analytics - February 28th, 2020
- A plan to sell Perth Glory to the LFE cryptocurrency firm is over, but the deal never added up - ABC News - February 28th, 2020
- Crime And Punishment In The Cryptocurrency World - Forbes - February 27th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency in Focus: Ethereum Is on Fire - TheStreet - February 27th, 2020
- Warren Buffett says he will never own any cryptocurrency - Yahoo Finance - February 27th, 2020