Smart banks are all set to arrive. The concept of money and goods transactions has changed significantly in the last few years. The ongoing pandemic has accelerated the need to empower financial institutions to build smart banking infrastructure around the world. Today, smart banking solutions are hogging the limelight among all emerging AI and Machine Learning based applications. Together with mobile-based marketing technologies, Internet of Things (IoT), RPA, and 5G technologies, AI ML is enabling todays banking institutions to build more user-friendly and automated branches and online facilities, providing high-tech experiences to customers.
Read More: This AI Pioneer Developed An Autonomous Real-Time Cloud Connection For HVAC
We are still reeling with the serious challenge of restraining the COVID-19 pandemic at public places, and banks are one of the hardest-hit centers that are increasingly finding it hard to manage new and existing customers. Only a handful of banks have actually managed to leverage existing technologies for mobile and self-service banking facilities to get back to normal Pre-COVID-19 engagements. Traditional banks have either lost their business drive due to fall in customer traffic, or are staring at bankruptcy due to lack of internet banking and mobile payments facilities services that are now the backbone of the modern banking sector.
Most businesses are tempted to conclude that their operations are staring at closure or slowdown due to the pandemic. This is not the case, especially if you track the growth of new technologies that ease the mode of doing business remotely, including for banks and insurance agencies. The speed and ease at which data science companies are working with Cloud, IT, SaaS, AIOps and Analytics companies to develop and bring to market new technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and 5G- expose the real opportunities for banks.
We will define smart banks by virtue of their origin and the tenacity to adopt new technologies and become intelligent, reliant, self-serving and above all, symbols of perennial improvement in back-office operations. All these are built on the foundation of Digital Experiences delivered with the highest contextual intelligence and ease of adoption across all layers of the society.
We must understand the reason behind developing Smart bank branches. Its not just the customers who are opting for digital banking facilities, but also bank employees and countless branch-level supervisors who now prefer to work in contactless environment with their colleagues and customers. While in some cases, physical branches remain a high-value engagement field, especially in instances related to opening new bank accounts, KYC updates, wealth management, currency exchange and wealth management, a majority of other front office bank operations can be completely automated to mobile and virtual branches.
According to me, smart banks would also become one of the most secured sources of data collection and contextualization in the near future.
Compared to a pre-COVID-19 physically accessible traditional bank, the new Smart banks embrace various digital experience management channels that involve multiple intelligent, self-service, and remote video devices to provide promotion and training services. All these converge at banking ops, thereby improving the customer experience while reducing labor costs for banks. Smart banks are lightweight on resources and leave low to zero carbon footprint by virtue of a downsized office space and energy consumption such as papers, stationery, printer, electricity and ACs.
The automation of modern bank branches has ushered in a new way of thinking among business leaders where they keenly embrace any product or solution based on these capabilities:
Smart bank branches, in particular, would invest heavily in automating their operations using 5G wireless mobility and internet security protocols. With the integration of fintech and martech capabilities, smart banks would witness a new line of philosophy in handling customers using DX channels.
The smart bank DX channel could involve two or more technologies listed below:
Lets discuss this one by one.
Lets take the DX offline now thats smart banking initiative. Isnt it?
5G wireless connections, in particular, could be used to provide stable and massive data services, achieving widespread banking services coverage.
During the COVID-19, many banks have intelligently reconstructed their entire offline experience management with service personnel able to identify and categorize customers using applications such as mobile trackers, barcode scanners, and video chats. Customers, once they reach the smart bank branch or an ATM use their self-service dashboard to use contactless equipment and handle services on their own.
Meanwhile, service personnel are still available to offer guidance to customers at any time they need. As well as shortening customer waiting times, online e-bank services also deliver a brand-new experience.
With changing social distancing norms, we might see many new applications of new technologies such as AI, 5G, and cloud that can holistically enrich a banks existing network design, provide a full-journey network experience for customers, and optimize network management modes.
AR VR screens could bear virus-free results for both customers walking into the branch, and for the service personnel. Both parties can interact using a smart device such as an AR VR gadget or mobile app that captures customers queries and displays the answers with alternative solutions on a large interactive screen. These could be integrated to IVR or Conversational AI tools so that bank officials can track offline financial management assessment or account checking services through AR VR medium.
At some point in time or the other, every customer visits a branch. Smart bank branch facilities laced with geo-mapping technology could track customers who visit different branches and then assist them with simple solutions to ease their traveling to branches frequently. Customers dont need to go to a specific branch to handle complex business services; service personnel can contact experts at headquarters, who are ready to answer customer questions in real-time.
When these customers go to other cities and visit bank branches, their data could be synchronized nationwide. Different branches can then continuously optimize the customer route design based on historical service analysis, delivering unique services to each customer.
The power of AI and simulation is finally enabling banks to simplify COVID-19 operations. Robo bankers cooperate with personnel and customers in improving the overall customer experience. Robots fitted with sensors and cameras can track the temperature and allow / restrict access to customers based on facial recognition or contactless biometric procedure. These intelligent cameras can accurately identify bank customers on arrival, followed by real-time big data analytics of the precision marketing platform to implement personalized service recommendations and precision marketing via CRM, Customer Experience Management, Voice AI, and Contact Centers.
The use of computer vision, NLP, and Optical Character Recognition speed up bank service handling and build a very comprehensive smart marketing scenario.
In the age of 5G, IoT has proven to be a huge enabler. 5G Intelligent network points can vastly improved network experience, especially in bigger branches where there is a huge amount of both data and IT devices.
Faster internet speed and connected devices can ease overall pressure on the IT operations and management. New 5G and O-RAN based products are available in the market that integrates a branchs IT devices such as servers, storage devices, and switches. These can be used to provide functions such as remote plug-and-play, remote attendance, and edge-cloud synergy, meeting integrated IT device management requirements. Companies like Huawei are working with a multi-national banks to test IoT asset management system, with the intention of helping the bank build smart branches in the near future.
Banks are one of the leading customers of security and video surveillance solutions and devices in the world. For banks, security protection is critical, and therefore, for every branch, smart security protection is indispensable.
New AI cameras and open chip sensor technologies have enabled video cloud analysis platforms to detect and prevent any untoward incident from happening. These video analysis and Surveillance techniques use deep learning models to identify any abnormal behavior or activity such as mask identification and detection of loitering, trailing, theft, accidents and fires. These can also be connected to data visualization and reporting platforms to present events and accidents in the form of heatmaps. Internal UAVs and drones are also fitted with these surveillance devices to ensure employees are quarantined against criminal activities by tracking attendance and access control.
Contactless surveillance and undetected tracking cameras also keep customers happy without trivializing their privacy concerns.
Companies like Huawei have long been committed to working with partners to build more user-friendly and automated branches for banks, providing high-tech experiences for customers. Branches no longer merely provide traditional financial services. New application scenarios and devices from AR shopping, simulated car finance, and intelligent customer service robots, to remote interactive entertainment, space capsule-style mobile financial services and coffee banks are emerging.
- Cyber security and the Internet of Things - Lexology - November 16th, 2020
- Save over $6,400 off this Complete InfoSec & Business Continuity Bundle - Neowin - November 16th, 2020
- Official Government Cybersecurity Guidance Offers Six Focus Areas for Banks of All Sizes - Lexology - November 16th, 2020
- Internet Security Audit Market is Expected to Exhibit an Upward Growth Trend Across Widespread Verticals | Affluence - The Think Curiouser - November 16th, 2020
- Internet Of Things Security Market 2020: Global Opportunities, Regional Overview, Top Leaders, Size, Revenue and Forecast up to 2020 2026 - The Daily... - November 16th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Technology Market Size 2020 | Opportunities, Regional Overview, Top Leaders, Revenue and Forecast to 2027 -... - November 16th, 2020
- 6 security shortcomings that COVID-19 exposed - CSO Online - November 16th, 2020
- iboss Named Finalist for Best Network Security Solution in the 2020 ASTORS Homeland Security Awards - PR Web - November 16th, 2020
- Microsoft: Move Away From Phone-based Multi-factor Authentication - TechDecisions - November 16th, 2020
- Global Cable Operator Markets, 2020-2025 by Technology, Residential Services (Wireless, Internet, Entertainment, Security, Home Automation, and IoT... - November 16th, 2020
- Why fintech security must never be an afterthought Wall Street Call - Reported Times - November 16th, 2020
- Global Internet Security Market Share, Quantitative Analysis, Drivers & Restraints, Future Trends and Forecast Research Report 2026 by Global... - November 10th, 2020
- Internet Security Software Market Size, Share, Types, Products, Trends, Growth, Applications and Forecast 2020 to 2027 - TechnoWeekly - November 10th, 2020
- How the Internet of Things Security Infrastructure in India can be improved? - Analytics Insight - November 10th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things Security Market 2025 Potential Scope for Growth in This Pandamic: Check Point Security Software Technologies, Cisco Systems,... - November 10th, 2020
- What is a RAT? How remote access Trojans became a major threat - CSO Online - November 10th, 2020
- China's largest hackathon sees Windows 10, iOS 14, Chrome, and more hacked - TechSpot - November 10th, 2020
- How governments, companies can address evolving needs of increasing tech-savvy Filipinos - Philstar.com - November 10th, 2020
- Global IT Security Market 2020 Growth Potential, Production, Revenue And COVID-19 Impact Analysis 2025 - The Think Curiouser - November 10th, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Will Generate Massive Revenue In Future A Comprehensive Study On Key Players - TechnoWeekly - November 10th, 2020
- Global Internet Security Market 2020 | Know the Companies List Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of COVID-19 | Top Companies:... - November 8th, 2020
- Misinformation, not vote tampering, is our most critical election threat - SecurityInfoWatch - November 8th, 2020
- Top 7 Ways to Hide Your IP Address in 2021 - Techstory - November 8th, 2020
- Internet Security Software Market Current and Future Trends, Leading Players, Industry Segments and Regional Forecast By 2029 - Eurowire - November 6th, 2020
- Know Your Role: You Are Part of the Security Team - ClearanceJobs - ClearanceJobs - November 6th, 2020
- 'This is how it was all supposed to work': The EI-ISAC readies for Election Day - StateScoop - November 6th, 2020
- Two reasons your Wi-Fi is slow, and how to fix them - CNET - November 6th, 2020
- Keeping Yourself Safe on the Internet at University - TechBullion - November 6th, 2020
- IT Security Spending in Government Market Expected to Flourish By 2025 with Top Key Players- IT Security Spending in Government are: Check Point... - November 6th, 2020
- Arson, water damage: Paper ballots are fragile. But there's a reason we don't vote online - CNET - November 6th, 2020
- Live News Streaming Figures for #Election2020 Highlight Misinformation Threat - Infosecurity Magazine - November 6th, 2020
- Florida Invests in Security Controls Ahead of #Election2020 - Infosecurity Magazine - November 6th, 2020
- How to Organize Employees to Cooperate in Threat Mitigation - Infosecurity Magazine - November 6th, 2020
- The best antivirus protection for Windows 10 in 2020 - CNET - November 2nd, 2020
- Internet Security Firewall Market to Reap Excessive Revenues by 2020-2029 - Eurowire - November 2nd, 2020
- Global Internet Security Market Expected to reach highest CAGR in forecast period :HPE, IBM, Intel, Symantec, AlienVault - TechnoWeekly - November 2nd, 2020
- Poll shows that many feel more vulnerable to online threats during the pandemic - Wiltshire 999s - November 2nd, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market To Witness Significant Growth By 2020-2028 - TechnoWeekly - November 2nd, 2020
- Post-2020 election, Covid vaccine is biggest disinformation threat on the internet: Former Facebook security chief - CNBC - November 2nd, 2020
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Demand (2020-2026) | Covering Products, Financial Information, Developments, Swot Analysis And Strategies |... - November 2nd, 2020
- Career in cybersecurity or ethical hacking: Where to study, starting salary and job interview questions - India Today - November 2nd, 2020
- Internet Of Everything (IoE) Market Status and Trend: Top Key Players, Industry Dynamics, And Regional Scope 2020 - Aerospace Journal - November 2nd, 2020
- Security Pros Have Role in Combatting Disinformation - Infosecurity Magazine - November 2nd, 2020
- How Safe Is the US Election from Hacking? - The New York Review of Books - November 2nd, 2020
- Internet watchdog warns of rise in scammers' activity - New Zealand Herald - November 2nd, 2020
- Homeland Security notified after hackers leak names of local residents who reportedly submitted invalid ballots - iFIBER One News - November 2nd, 2020
- Global Internet of Things Security Market Expected to reach highest CAGR in forecast period :Check Point Security Software Technologies, Cisco... - November 2nd, 2020
- Network Security: Don't Trust And Verify - IT Jungle - October 23rd, 2020
- Akamai Reveals State of Internet: Threats to Retailers - Solutions Review - October 23rd, 2020
- Verisign Reports Third Quarter 2020 Results | Business | The Daily News - Galveston County Daily News - October 23rd, 2020
- Global Internet Security Software Market Analysis, Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Threats, Trends, Applications, And Growth Forecast To (2026). -... - October 23rd, 2020
- Nokia Threat Intelligence Report warns of rising cyberattacks on internet-connected devices - GlobeNewswire - October 23rd, 2020
- Cybersecurity and a potential Biden White House: Past tech priorities resurrected - SC Magazine - October 23rd, 2020
- Virgin Media has an important new feature, but switching it on will cost you - Express - October 23rd, 2020
- WISeKey and OpSec Security Partnership Establishes Trust Between Brands and their Customers through Improved Customer Engagement - GlobeNewswire - October 23rd, 2020
- Internet Of Things Iot Security Market Economic Perspective And Forecast To 2027 - PRnews Leader - October 23rd, 2020
- Why cybercriminals have 'Gone Vishing' during the COVID-19 Pandemic - Bdaily - October 23rd, 2020
- Insights on the Digital Security Control Global Market to 2027 - Strategic Recommendations for New Entrants - GlobeNewswire - October 17th, 2020
- More than 25% of Cypriots concerned about internet security - Cyprus Mail - October 17th, 2020
- 5 things you can do to secure your home office without hiring an expert - We Live Security - October 17th, 2020
- Beyond Speed and Reliability: Security Is a New Differentiator - Security Boulevard - October 17th, 2020
- Nationwide and Generali Global Assistance Partner to Enhance Identity Theft Protection - Insurance News Net - October 17th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Product Market 2020 Impact of COVID-19, Future Growth Analysis and Challenges | Cisco Systems, Inc, IBM... - October 17th, 2020
- Is BlackBerry (TSX:BB) Stock a Buy on the Latest News? - The Motley Fool Canada - October 17th, 2020
- Global Internet of Things or IoT Security Market to Reach $22 Billion+ Valuation by 2027, Largely Due to Blockchain Adoption - Crowdfund Insider - October 17th, 2020
- Internet Security Market with COVID-19 Recovery Analysis 2020 | Rapid Adoption of BYOD Policy to Boost Market Growth | Technavio - Business Wire - October 8th, 2020
- Tenable and the CIS Enter Partnership to Bolster Cyber Hygiene - AiThority - October 8th, 2020
- #NCSAM: Is Connected Ever Going to be Protected? - Infosecurity Magazine - October 8th, 2020
- Cyber Security Awareness Month is here! - We Live Security - October 2nd, 2020
- Internet security Market Potential Growth, Size, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts to 2027 - The Daily Chronicle - October 2nd, 2020
- Latest Report on Global Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market Analysis, Growth, Opportunity and Regional Insights 2026 - The Daily Chronicle - October 2nd, 2020
- Remarks by Henrietta Fore, UNICEF Executive Director, at Security Council meeting on universal connectivity & access to digital technology in... - October 2nd, 2020
- Lessons learned from firsthand experience on how to avoid internet fraud and other forms of cyberattacks (opinion) - Inside Higher Ed - October 2nd, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Global Internet Security Audit Market is Expected to Grow at a Healthy CAGR with Top players: Symantec, Intel Security, IBM, Cisco,... - October 2nd, 2020
- Internet Security Market 2020: Potential growth, attractive valuation make it is a long-term investment | Know the COVID19 Impact | Top Players: HPE,... - September 30th, 2020
- The Top Internet of Things (IoT) Authentication Methods and Options - Security Boulevard - September 30th, 2020
- How Trusted Internet Connections Is Focusing Telework with TIC 3.0 - FedTech Magazine - September 30th, 2020
- Is your business looking for an extra layer of security - here's why a VPN may be the answer - TechRadar - September 30th, 2020
- A business connected to the cloud needs cloud-ready security, connectivity - Techgoondu - September 30th, 2020
- The 6 key races you haven't heard of that may help decide how we secure our elections - POLITICO - September 30th, 2020