Smart banks are all set to arrive. The concept of money and goods transactions has changed significantly in the last few years. The ongoing pandemic has accelerated the need to empower financial institutions to build smart banking infrastructure around the world. Today, smart banking solutions are hogging the limelight among all emerging AI and Machine Learning based applications. Together with mobile-based marketing technologies, Internet of Things (IoT), RPA, and 5G technologies, AI ML is enabling todays banking institutions to build more user-friendly and automated branches and online facilities, providing high-tech experiences to customers.
Read More: This AI Pioneer Developed An Autonomous Real-Time Cloud Connection For HVAC
We are still reeling with the serious challenge of restraining the COVID-19 pandemic at public places, and banks are one of the hardest-hit centers that are increasingly finding it hard to manage new and existing customers. Only a handful of banks have actually managed to leverage existing technologies for mobile and self-service banking facilities to get back to normal Pre-COVID-19 engagements. Traditional banks have either lost their business drive due to fall in customer traffic, or are staring at bankruptcy due to lack of internet banking and mobile payments facilities services that are now the backbone of the modern banking sector.
Most businesses are tempted to conclude that their operations are staring at closure or slowdown due to the pandemic. This is not the case, especially if you track the growth of new technologies that ease the mode of doing business remotely, including for banks and insurance agencies. The speed and ease at which data science companies are working with Cloud, IT, SaaS, AIOps and Analytics companies to develop and bring to market new technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and 5G- expose the real opportunities for banks.
We will define smart banks by virtue of their origin and the tenacity to adopt new technologies and become intelligent, reliant, self-serving and above all, symbols of perennial improvement in back-office operations. All these are built on the foundation of Digital Experiences delivered with the highest contextual intelligence and ease of adoption across all layers of the society.
We must understand the reason behind developing Smart bank branches. Its not just the customers who are opting for digital banking facilities, but also bank employees and countless branch-level supervisors who now prefer to work in contactless environment with their colleagues and customers. While in some cases, physical branches remain a high-value engagement field, especially in instances related to opening new bank accounts, KYC updates, wealth management, currency exchange and wealth management, a majority of other front office bank operations can be completely automated to mobile and virtual branches.
According to me, smart banks would also become one of the most secured sources of data collection and contextualization in the near future.
Compared to a pre-COVID-19 physically accessible traditional bank, the new Smart banks embrace various digital experience management channels that involve multiple intelligent, self-service, and remote video devices to provide promotion and training services. All these converge at banking ops, thereby improving the customer experience while reducing labor costs for banks. Smart banks are lightweight on resources and leave low to zero carbon footprint by virtue of a downsized office space and energy consumption such as papers, stationery, printer, electricity and ACs.
The automation of modern bank branches has ushered in a new way of thinking among business leaders where they keenly embrace any product or solution based on these capabilities:
Smart bank branches, in particular, would invest heavily in automating their operations using 5G wireless mobility and internet security protocols. With the integration of fintech and martech capabilities, smart banks would witness a new line of philosophy in handling customers using DX channels.
The smart bank DX channel could involve two or more technologies listed below:
Lets discuss this one by one.
Lets take the DX offline now thats smart banking initiative. Isnt it?
5G wireless connections, in particular, could be used to provide stable and massive data services, achieving widespread banking services coverage.
During the COVID-19, many banks have intelligently reconstructed their entire offline experience management with service personnel able to identify and categorize customers using applications such as mobile trackers, barcode scanners, and video chats. Customers, once they reach the smart bank branch or an ATM use their self-service dashboard to use contactless equipment and handle services on their own.
Meanwhile, service personnel are still available to offer guidance to customers at any time they need. As well as shortening customer waiting times, online e-bank services also deliver a brand-new experience.
With changing social distancing norms, we might see many new applications of new technologies such as AI, 5G, and cloud that can holistically enrich a banks existing network design, provide a full-journey network experience for customers, and optimize network management modes.
AR VR screens could bear virus-free results for both customers walking into the branch, and for the service personnel. Both parties can interact using a smart device such as an AR VR gadget or mobile app that captures customers queries and displays the answers with alternative solutions on a large interactive screen. These could be integrated to IVR or Conversational AI tools so that bank officials can track offline financial management assessment or account checking services through AR VR medium.
At some point in time or the other, every customer visits a branch. Smart bank branch facilities laced with geo-mapping technology could track customers who visit different branches and then assist them with simple solutions to ease their traveling to branches frequently. Customers dont need to go to a specific branch to handle complex business services; service personnel can contact experts at headquarters, who are ready to answer customer questions in real-time.
When these customers go to other cities and visit bank branches, their data could be synchronized nationwide. Different branches can then continuously optimize the customer route design based on historical service analysis, delivering unique services to each customer.
The power of AI and simulation is finally enabling banks to simplify COVID-19 operations. Robo bankers cooperate with personnel and customers in improving the overall customer experience. Robots fitted with sensors and cameras can track the temperature and allow / restrict access to customers based on facial recognition or contactless biometric procedure. These intelligent cameras can accurately identify bank customers on arrival, followed by real-time big data analytics of the precision marketing platform to implement personalized service recommendations and precision marketing via CRM, Customer Experience Management, Voice AI, and Contact Centers.
The use of computer vision, NLP, and Optical Character Recognition speed up bank service handling and build a very comprehensive smart marketing scenario.
In the age of 5G, IoT has proven to be a huge enabler. 5G Intelligent network points can vastly improved network experience, especially in bigger branches where there is a huge amount of both data and IT devices.
Faster internet speed and connected devices can ease overall pressure on the IT operations and management. New 5G and O-RAN based products are available in the market that integrates a branchs IT devices such as servers, storage devices, and switches. These can be used to provide functions such as remote plug-and-play, remote attendance, and edge-cloud synergy, meeting integrated IT device management requirements. Companies like Huawei are working with a multi-national banks to test IoT asset management system, with the intention of helping the bank build smart branches in the near future.
Banks are one of the leading customers of security and video surveillance solutions and devices in the world. For banks, security protection is critical, and therefore, for every branch, smart security protection is indispensable.
New AI cameras and open chip sensor technologies have enabled video cloud analysis platforms to detect and prevent any untoward incident from happening. These video analysis and Surveillance techniques use deep learning models to identify any abnormal behavior or activity such as mask identification and detection of loitering, trailing, theft, accidents and fires. These can also be connected to data visualization and reporting platforms to present events and accidents in the form of heatmaps. Internal UAVs and drones are also fitted with these surveillance devices to ensure employees are quarantined against criminal activities by tracking attendance and access control.
Contactless surveillance and undetected tracking cameras also keep customers happy without trivializing their privacy concerns.
Companies like Huawei have long been committed to working with partners to build more user-friendly and automated branches for banks, providing high-tech experiences for customers. Branches no longer merely provide traditional financial services. New application scenarios and devices from AR shopping, simulated car finance, and intelligent customer service robots, to remote interactive entertainment, space capsule-style mobile financial services and coffee banks are emerging.
- The best internet security suites 2021 | TechRadar - August 3rd, 2021
- Keep an Eye on the Top 10 Cyber Security Software Tools of 2021 - Analytics Insight - August 3rd, 2021
- Trends in Terrorist and Violent Extremist Use of the Internet, Q1-Q2 2021 Homeland Security Today - HSToday - August 3rd, 2021
- Bootkit or other problems - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Help - BleepingComputer - August 3rd, 2021
- FMW Media, Inc.'s New to The Street TV Announces its 5 TV - GlobeNewswire - August 3rd, 2021
- Here's a list of the flaws Russia, China, Iran and pals exploit most often, say Five Eyes infosec agencies - The Register - August 3rd, 2021
- Semi-Annual Sale: Save an extra 30% on these great VPN deals - AndroidGuys - August 3rd, 2021
- Police computer systems ill-prepared to cope with ransomware attack - New Zealand Herald - August 3rd, 2021
- Opinion | The Cyber Apocalypse Never Came. Heres What We Got Instead. - POLITICO - August 3rd, 2021
- AU Deals: Get Protected Online Without Breaking The Bank - PCMag AU - August 3rd, 2021
- Our Testimony to Congress on Efforts to Secure Oil and Gas Pipelines Against Cyberattacks (video) - Government Accountability Office - August 3rd, 2021
- A DNS outage just took down a large chunk of the internet - TechCrunch - July 23rd, 2021
- Meet the UAB students training to stop ransomware and other digital threats - UAB News - July 23rd, 2021
- DesignRush Reveals the Best Technology Experts to Hire in 2021 [Q2 Rankings] - Yahoo Finance - July 23rd, 2021
- Connecticut pushes cybersecurity with offers of punitive damage protection - GCN.com - July 23rd, 2021
- Avast and RiskIQ announce threat intelligence partnership - ChannelLife Australia - July 23rd, 2021
- Internet of Things in desperate need of more robust identity and access management - SecurityBrief Asia - July 23rd, 2021
- Serial Swatter Who Caused Death Gets Five Years in Prison Krebs on Security - Krebs on Security - July 23rd, 2021
- Center For Internet Security Updates CIS Controls With Focus On Cloud, Mobile, And Remote Work - Technology - United States - Mondaq News Alerts - July 16th, 2021
- Cloudflare Solves the Internet's Need for Speed and Security - InvestorPlace - July 16th, 2021
- If your company is held hostage, should you pay the ransom? Or should you be forced to tell the authorities? - ABC News - July 16th, 2021
- Ericsson to partner with Verizon in $8.3 billion deal to expand 5G coverage - The Dallas Morning News - July 16th, 2021
- Connecticut Becomes Third State to Incentivize Cybersecurity Best Practices for Businesses - PRNewswire - July 16th, 2021
- Israeli company is behind malware that affected Windows PCs: Microsoft - WION - July 16th, 2021
- In the News: Self-Employment is Best for Mental Health - Small Business Trends - July 16th, 2021
- How accounting firms can protect against remote work security threats - Accounting Today - July 16th, 2021
- It started life behind the Iron Curtain - now UK-listed Avast could become the latest to succumb to a US takeover - Sky News - July 16th, 2021
- How the internet censorship world turned on NetBlocks | WIRED UK - Wired.co.uk - July 16th, 2021
- Fastly Announces Two New Appointments to Board of Directors - Business Wire - July 16th, 2021
- MAGA-Branded 'Freedom Phone' Is a Black Box That Should Be Avoided at All Costs - Gizmodo - July 16th, 2021
- Ransomware as a Service is becoming a trend. Heres what these ASX cyber stocks do to ... - Stockhead - July 16th, 2021
- Check Point Software Technologies Sponsors The Smart Factory @ Wichita by Deloitte to Demonstrate the Need for an Integrated Cyber Security Approach -... - July 6th, 2021
- Some Experts Think It's Time For An International Cyber Treaty - NPR - July 6th, 2021
- Greetings from the Internet! Connect with EFF this Summer - EFF - July 6th, 2021
- Pirates of the cyber seas: How ransomware gangs have become securitys biggest threat - Sydney Morning Herald - July 6th, 2021
- 'Hard Platforms' vs 'Friendly Platforms': Understanding Jihadist Activism on the Internet Homeland Security Today - HSToday - July 6th, 2021
- Meet the Consulting Firm Staffing the Biden Administration - The Intercept - July 6th, 2021
- 5+ best antivirus options for Windows 11 to try out today - WindowsReport.com - July 6th, 2021
- India will be engine of global growth after 2nd Covid wave: Jaishankar - Hindustan Times - July 6th, 2021
- The one big threat when it comes to cyber-security has nothing to do with software - Florida Trend - July 1st, 2021
- [PDF] Who are the key players in Internet Security Software market? The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - July 1st, 2021
- HSE secures orders to get details of those who downloaded cyber attack information - TheJournal.ie - July 1st, 2021
- 74 Percent of Q1 Malware Undetectable to Signature-Based Tools - Solutions Review - July 1st, 2021
- Insights on the Cloud Security Global Market to 2025 - Featuring Microsoft, Cisco Systems, Proofpoint and McAfee - GlobeNewswire - July 1st, 2021
- China is lagging behind on the internet. Amazing Achilles heel - R&R Magazine (www.randrlife.co.uk) Rest and Relax - July 1st, 2021
- The best internet security suites and software for 2021 ... - June 22nd, 2021
- The ISRG wants to make the Linux kernel memory-safe with Rust - Ars Technica - June 22nd, 2021
- A State Department for the Digital Age - War on the Rocks - June 22nd, 2021
- Do you still need an antivirus software in 2021? - The Kathmandu Post - June 22nd, 2021
- Hacked: Cyber-safety in the digital era - Dhaka Tribune - June 22nd, 2021
- China claims it's leading the way in 6G mobile tech research, but the reality is still years away - ABC News - June 22nd, 2021
- What's new in v8 of the CIS Controls from the Center for Internet Security - tripwire.com - June 16th, 2021
- Internet Security Firewall Market Future Segment Overview 2021-28| Openmind Networks, Tata Communications, ANAM Technologies The Manomet Current -... - June 16th, 2021
- Cyber Security Market 2021 Size, Status and Global Outlook IBM Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Root9B LLC, Herjavec Group The Manomet... - June 16th, 2021
- Ransomware attacks and the future role of the CISO - teissTalk - TEISS - June 16th, 2021
- NCSC chief: Ransomware is more of a threat to Britain than hostile nations' spies - The Register - June 16th, 2021
- CIO Leadership: Building Trust at the Executive Level Will Drive the Discussion at the 2021 HMG - GlobeNewswire - June 16th, 2021
- Cyber and AI experts bring ideas to life to help combat national security concerns - De Montfort University - June 16th, 2021
- What is a firewall? Understanding the security measure that protects against cyber threats - Business Insider - June 10th, 2021
- Global Fastly outage takes down many on the wibbly web but El Reg remains standing - The Register - June 10th, 2021
- Is the Internet (Briefly) Breaking a Sign of Things to Come? - Vanity Fair - June 10th, 2021
- Comprehensive Report on Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market 2021 | Trends, Growth Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 | PTC Inc.,... - June 10th, 2021
- ALPACA gnaws through TLS protection to snarf cookies and steal data - The Register - June 10th, 2021
- Working from home amid Covid-19 pandemic blamed for rise in cyber hits on Singapore organisations - The Straits Times - June 10th, 2021
- These iPhone apps have scammed people out of millions - Komando - June 10th, 2021
- EHGO to Apply for Iconic Labs Administrators to Be Removed, General Meeting to Proceed - Business Wire - June 10th, 2021
- Protecting a New Vulnerable Population on the Internet - Security Boulevard - June 8th, 2021
- Securing Industrial Automation and Control Systems Starts in Software Development - Security Boulevard - June 8th, 2021
- CIS Awards Cimcor With First-Ever Benchmarks Configuration Certification - pdclarion.com - June 8th, 2021
- Working from home blamed for rise in cyber hits on organisations - The Straits Times - June 8th, 2021
- [PDF] Internet Security Industry Growth Analysis, Segmentation, Share, Trend, Future Demand and Leading Players Updates The Courier - The Courier - June 8th, 2021
- Takeaways from the Senate report on January 6 security failures - WTOP - June 8th, 2021
- Adventures in Contacting the Russian FSB Krebs on Security - Krebs on Security - June 8th, 2021
- Microsoft buys ReFirm Labs to boost IoT security with firmware analysis - VentureBeat - June 8th, 2021
- What is ransomware and how is it dealt with? - Cosmos Magazine - June 8th, 2021
- Global Internet Security Software Industry Size 2021 Market by Major Vendors, Share Leaders, Types, Applications, Demand, Forecast To 2028 KSU | The... - June 8th, 2021
- Cyber Security Market to Make Promising Progress; Increasing Adoption of Latest Technologies to Boost the Market - GlobeNewswire - May 24th, 2021
- Internet Security Software Market 2021-2026 | Detailed Analysis of top key players with Regional Outlook in Internet Security Software Industry |... - May 24th, 2021
- Global Internet Security Software Market 2021 by Company, Industry Size, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2028 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper... - May 24th, 2021
- Zero-trust security: Assume that everyone and everything on the internet is out to get you and maybe already has - The Conversation US - May 24th, 2021