A core tenet of enterprise IT wisdom is thatenterprise backups should be kept in several locations typically a combination of on-premise, cloud, and remote site backups.
Many enterprises usecloud hosting for their backups but where are those backups really being kept?
1. Low latency. With the equipment being physically closer, your backups and recovery are simply faster with less latency.
2.Sovereignty. Your data is stored in New Zealand and protected under New Zealand law. This is particularly important with recent changes in Australia and the United States which give authorities permission to access data for a variety of reasons.
3. Lower cost of data transfer. Transferring data nationally is cheaper than international data transfer.
4. New Zealand generates almost 100% of its electricity from renewable sources, while Australia, Singapore and the United States still use fossil fuels. By using New Zealand hosting, you are quite literally saving the planet.
Companies that provide New Zealand-based hosting include Actifio, Catalyst Cloud, and Katana Technologies. The three companies collaborated on a solution called Actifio Multi-Cloud Data Management by Katana Technologies - Powered by Catalyst Cloud.
"This is an exciting time to be supporting a true local cloudwith Catalyst Cloud," Katana Technologies founder Steve Rielly says, "and to combine that with a clear market leader such as Actifio, with the local team of Joe Hassell and Kosala Atapattu who have been amazing with their guidance and support to make this a reality.
"Partners and clients will be able to ensure their critical information, including intellectual property and personally identifiable information will be safe and secure residing on New Zealand shores, on top of the already proven performance and cost benefits.
Find out more about how Actifio, Catalyst Cloud & Katana Technologies protect New Zealand's data here.
5. Only pay for what you use - unlike other options that make a customer commit to a specific compute or storage requirement in advance (no need to allocate a block)
6. No charge for API access - Unlike foreign public cloud options there is no charge for API usage. This can add up significantly when keeping backups up to date
7. No additional costs for data retrieval over and above the internet data traffic charges and no inbound data traffic charges
8. Cheaper total cost of operation than AWS. Also, Catalyst Cloud prices its services in New Zealand dollars so unlike foreign service fees, Catalyst Cloud prices dont fluctuate with the exchange rate
9. Greener energy than Australia - Catalyst Cloud only buys power for their three local data centres from power providers who generate renewable energy
10. Catalyst Cloud is 100% New Zealand owned and operated - so your data is fully protected byNew Zealand data and privacy laws and all profits remain in New Zealand so you are supporting the local economy.
Catalyst Cloud chief growth officer Igor Portugal, says, Our low-cost object storage gives New Zealand businesses a much cheaper way to store their data safely in New Zealand and eliminates the price as the reason to take their data offshore.
If geo-replication isnt as important to you, but youre looking for a cost-efficient and safe way to store and retrieve your data within New Zealand, then our single-region object storage service could be for you. Actifio makes this affordable service even more accessible for any enterprise by simplifying both the backup and the recovery.
Find out more about Actifio Multi-Cloud Data Management by Katana Technologies - Powered by Catalyst Cloudhere.
11. Infrastructure & application agnostic: any application, any platform, any cloud
12. Comprehensive, single pane of glass platform for multi-cloud data management, resiliency, agility and mobility.
13. Instant recovery from any tier of storage, including object
14. Rich application integration with most databases, hypervisors, filesystems and cloud platforms
15. API based integration with data masking to ensure secure test data management throughout the data lifecycle
16. Easy setup, monitoring and maintenance.
"Actifio is excited to extend support for our Virtual Data Pipeline solution to Catalyst Cloud alongside Katana Technologies. With Actifio, enabling a locally based cloud vendor allows NZ businesses to leverage a true multi-cloud strategy for their data and ensure data and workloads are suitably located, says Actifios NZ sales director Joe Hassell.
With subscription pricing and scalable modular architecture, this solution can be used to deliver everything from small test data management projects to meeting petabyte-scale long term cloud backup and archive requirements.
Find out more about Actifio's Virtual Data Pipeline here.
- Financial services companies are starting to use the cloud for big data and AI processing - TechRepublic - November 19th, 2020
- Latest Update 2020: Cloud Hosting Service Market by COVID19 Impact Analysis And Top Manufacturers: A2 Hosting, SiteGround, InMotion, HostGator,... - November 19th, 2020
- ICE plans $100 million in cloud spend on AWS and Azure - DatacenterDynamics - November 19th, 2020
- The Hyper Digitization Era Blessing in disguise for the technology industry - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host... - November 19th, 2020
- 'China-Backed Hacking Group' Allegedly Works on Global Campaign Targeting Automotives, Pharmaceutica - Tech Times - November 19th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Report Examines Analysis by Latest Trends, Growth Factors, Key Players and Forecast to 2028 - TechnoWeekly - November 19th, 2020
- Latest Study explores the Microserver Market Witness Highest Growth in near future - AlgosOnline - November 19th, 2020
- DLT Solutions Bolsters Hybrid Cloud, AI, Security and Other Software Offerings for the U.S. Public Sector with IBM Solutions - Inside NoVA - November 19th, 2020
- 8 Valuable Tips for Securing your Data on the Cloud in 2020 - DC Velocity - November 10th, 2020
- Public Cloud: The Indispensable Component for Businesses - HostReview.com - November 10th, 2020
- Datto Announces Third Quarter 2020 Financial Results Conference Call - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - November 10th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Size, Drivers, Potential Growth Opportunities, Competitive Landscape, Trends And Forecast To 2027 - Eurowire - November 10th, 2020
- Google Cloud and OVHcloud team up for European 'trusted cloud solution' partnership - Cloud Tech - November 10th, 2020
- Microsoft: New VS Code update is out plus here's what GitHub Codespaces will cost - ZDNet - November 10th, 2020
- Cloud service provider DC Two to float on the ASX as DC2 - iTMunch - November 10th, 2020
- Global It Infrastructure Services Market Analysis and Forecast to 2026 by Recent Trends, Development and Regional Growth Overview - Zenit News - November 10th, 2020
- Global Sales Force Automation Software Market Size, Analytical Overview, Growth Factors, Demand, Trends and Forecast to 2025 - AlgosOnline - November 10th, 2020
- SAP HANA Hosting Super-Powered by WorldPosta's Cloud "Pool of Resources" - PR Web - November 8th, 2020
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020 | Know the Companies List Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of COVID-19 | Top Companies:... - November 8th, 2020
- Create your own VPN for pennies with the cheapest virtual compute instance around - TechRadar - November 8th, 2020
- Web Hosting Services Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19 - Eurowire - November 8th, 2020
- How IONOS is looking towards privacy and Europe for a solid share of the cloud market - Cloud Tech - November 8th, 2020
- Cloud Infrastructure Services Market Research, Size, Share Analysis by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application to 2026 - PRnews Leader - November 8th, 2020
- Cloud Computing Market Analysis, COVID-19 Impact,Outlook, Opportunities, Size, Share Forecast and Supply Demand 2021-2027|Trusted Business Insights -... - November 8th, 2020
- What is web hosting? - Creative Bloq - November 8th, 2020
- The Enterprise of Tomorrow, Built on the Cloud and Edge - ETCIO.com - November 8th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 | Size and Forecast Research 2025 With Covid-19 Impact Analysis And Top Performing Players (Amazon Web... - November 8th, 2020
- Global Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Expected To Reach Highest CAGR By 2026: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft, Tata Communications,... - November 8th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Analysis and In-depth Research on Size, Trends, Emerging Growth Factors and Forecasts 2026 - PRnews Leader - November 8th, 2020
- Cloud Computing Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19 - Eurowire - November 8th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market To Witness Significant Growth By 2020-2028 - TechnoWeekly - November 8th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market by Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast by 2026 - Eurowire - November 8th, 2020
- Digital.com Announces Best WordPress Hosting Companies of 2020 - PR Web - November 8th, 2020
- Edge Data Solutions, Inc. Adds Joshua Holmes, Managing Partner of Lightspeed Hosting, LLC to the Advisory Board - GlobeNewswire - November 8th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Manufacturing Cost Structure | Growth Opportunities, COVID 19 Drivers and Restraints to 2027: ,A2... - October 29th, 2020
- Webscale Partners With Redstage to Deliver World-Class Security and Scale to Global B2B/B2C Brands - GlobeNewswire - October 29th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Precise Summary of Regions Evolving, Technology, Trends | Forecast Up To 2026 Landa, Wedderburn, Giave, Greydon,... - October 29th, 2020
- Mission launches its most comprehensive AWS Managed Cloud Service with Mission Cloud One - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News -... - October 29th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2020 Future Trends Analysis, Explosive Factors of Revenue by Manufacturing Size, Share and Forecast to 2026... - October 29th, 2020
- Bury cloud hosting firm's profits soar during the coronavirus crisis - Bury Times - October 24th, 2020
- Trends in the Ready To Use Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020-2020 - TechnoWeekly - October 24th, 2020
- DevOps Introduction, Lifecycle, and Evolution - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 24th, 2020
- Reltio Executive to Discuss the Data-Driven Experience Economy at the Hosting + Cloud Transformation Summit 2020 - Monterey County Weekly - October 24th, 2020
- IDC Industry Will Benefit from the Growth of Cloud Computing GDS to be Listed on the HKEx - Yahoo Finance Australia - October 24th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020 Showcases Capable Growth After Covid-19 Pandemic with Top Manufacturers: DreamHost, GoDaddy, HostGator, InMotion,... - October 24th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Statistical Forecasts Based on 2020 COVID-19 Worldwide Spread and Top Players Amazon Web Services, AT... - October 24th, 2020
- Global Application Hosting Market : Industry Analysis and forecast 2020 2027: By Service Type, Hosting Type, Deployment, Enterprise Size,... - October 24th, 2020
- Trends in Application Hosting Market 2026 by Production Market Analysis and Regional Market Performance - PRnews Leader - October 24th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market 2019 Share, Size, Future Demand, Global Research, Top Leading player, Emerging Trends, Region by Forecast to 2027 - The... - October 24th, 2020
- Cloud ITSM Market Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2018 2028 - The Think Curiouser - October 24th, 2020
- Managing the Evolving Security Threat Landscape - Security Boulevard - October 6th, 2020
- Oklahoma Hospital Selects Evident EHR and TruBridge RCM Solutions for Their Integration, Intuitive Workflows, and Financial Efficiencies - Business... - October 6th, 2020
- Rural Cloud Initiative Completes First Phase of the Farm of the Future - PRNewswire - October 6th, 2020
- Best Practices for Migrating SharePoint to Office 365 - The Sports Bank - October 6th, 2020
- A-List Osthoff Resort Positions for Travel Restart; Selects Maestro PMS During Industry Pause for Guest-Focused Mobile Services and Integrated... - October 6th, 2020
- VMware is making it easier for its customers to use Microsoft's cloud, but still considers Amazon its 'preferred partner' as AWS hosting for its... - October 5th, 2020
- The cost of website hosting for small businesses in 2020 - Startups.co.uk - October 5th, 2020
- A software to keep you on top of cloud security needs - DAWN.com - October 5th, 2020
- The Fall Technology Refreshes Are Almost Here - IT Jungle - October 5th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 | Know the Latest COVID19 Impact Analysis And Strategies of Key Players: Amazon Web Services (AWS),... - October 2nd, 2020
- Aptum Releases Part One of Quarterly Cloud Impact Study - The Kingston Whig-Standard - October 2nd, 2020
- Accelerated Digital Transformation- The New Normal - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 2nd, 2020
- Edge Computing Will Drive $7 Billion of Revenue by 2025 - HostReview.com - October 2nd, 2020
- The Inside-Out of the Digital-Transformation Strategies - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 2nd, 2020
- Timico accepted into the Government (G-Cloud) framework - Bdaily - October 2nd, 2020
- What factors to consider when choosing a web hosting company | - Daily Invest News - October 2nd, 2020
- InMotion Hosting Upgrades their Dedicated Servers with Latest Intel Xeon Scalable Technology - PRNewswire - October 2nd, 2020
- Cloud Storage Service Market 2020 By Key Players, Types, Applications, Countries, Market Size, Forecast To 2026 (Based On 2020 COVID-19 Worldwide... - October 2nd, 2020
- Oracle Live 2020 - not all ERP clouds are created equal. Oracle makes the public cloud ERP case - Diginomica - October 2nd, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market : Global Strategies and Insight driven transformation 2020 2026 - SG Research Sphere - September 29th, 2020
- Detailed Profiling of Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market (Covid-19 Updated) Insights 2020 to 2026 | Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft, Tata... - September 29th, 2020
- Two Scottish firms are listed on lucrative G-Cloud 12 framework - Insider.co.uk - September 29th, 2020
- What are the Key Benefits of NetApp Cloud Manager? - CIOReview - September 29th, 2020
- Airtel And Radware Partner to Offer Cloud Security Services to Businesses in India - GlobeNewswire - September 29th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Growth, Statistics, By Application, Production, Revenue & Forecast to 2026 - The Daily Chronicle - September 29th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market 2020 | What Is The Estimated Market Size In The Upcoming Years? - The Daily Chronicle - September 29th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market 2020: Potential growth, attractive valuation make it is a long-term investment | Know the COVID19 Impact | Top... - September 29th, 2020
- Reporter's Notebook: I Live in the Best St. Cloud Neighborhood - WJON News - September 29th, 2020
- Pegasystems Inc expand its India leadership team - United News of India - September 29th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Research Report 2020-2026 By Players, Regions, Product Types & Applications | Amazon Web Services, AT... - September 29th, 2020