Today's contact centers are far from the antiquated call centers of yesteryear; they integrate technologies such as AI, chatbots and cloud computing to improve customer experience.
Call centers used to be the norm, in which agents handled customer service solely through inbound and outbound calls. Now contact centers are more mainstream, and involve a variety of communication channels, such as instant messaging, chatbots and interactive voice response systems.
These four contact center trends aim to improve a business's workflow, which will ultimately improve customer experience.
Cloud hosting is one major contact center trend that promises improved scalability and near-instant access to new features, but a migration from an on-premises contact center to a cloud-hosted one is no easy feat.
Cloud contact centers aren't a good fit for every business. Organizations that have recently invested significant resources into an existing on-premises contact center should probably not transition to the cloud. Businesses with defined siloes must break them down before implementing a cloud contact center, because service agents must interact with teams in various departments.
If businesses decide that a cloud contact center is a good step, they must select the right software. Key capabilities often include both real-time and after-the-fact reporting, workforce management, call flows and transaction routing. Businesses must then determine the contact center use cases and a pricing scenario and find a cloud contact vendor that fits those parameters.
Chatbots are another contact center trend that can improve workflow, but businesses should understand their limitations first. Driven by AI and machine learning, chatbots can only respond to simple inquires; the success rates of more complicated requests tend to be lower for chatbots. Still, the ability to handle simple requests is helpful because chatbots can perform tasks such as reset passwords and take payments.
When a customer needs help that only a human can handle, chatbots can help by transferring the customer to the correct live agent, offer recommendations for the next step or provide solutions to a live agent by conducting research in the CRM system.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of chatbots is the consistency of service. Chatbots can help customers 24/7, which can ease contact center staffing concerns.
AI technology is just beginning to work its way into contact centers, and the opportunities are plentiful. AI won't replace live agents; instead, it will help them do their jobs more effectively. AI tools can 'listen' to live chat interactions between an agent and customer and perform automated inquiries into a CRM system or knowledge base. If there isn't a clear answer to a customer's inquiry, AI tools can also provide response options to live agents, who can then select an appropriate response.
AI in contact centers can help businesses by predicting behaviors such as the number of calls that a contact center will likely receive in the upcoming shift, so businesses can schedule the right number of live agents. Some AI technologies can even predict what the calls will be about.
Historically, contact center agents have experienced a variety of problems such as low pay, limited room for internal career growth and lack of coaching. These factors likely contributed to high turnover rates among contact center agents. Another contact center trend is an increased effort to improve these experiences.
These efforts include improving compensation, investing in agent analytics, increasing coaching and developing more stable, long-term career paths for live agents. Some businesses attempt to inspire agents with gamification programs that encourage competition with weekly badges or gift cards.
One contact center trend that will drive change in the agent experience is the addition of a chief customer officer (CCO). About 37% of organizations in 2019 had a CCO, an increase in 25% from 2018, according to Nemertes Research. The CCO is responsible for improving customer-facing strategies and investing in resources such as a contact center.
- Cloud Hosting vs Dedicated Server Hosting Which one is better? - PC-Tablet - April 9th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Research Report: Market Analysis on the Future Growth Prospects and Market Trends Adopted by the... - April 9th, 2020
- Demand for e-learning continues to grow as Moodle announces their newest Certified Moodle Partner: South Africa-based company The Training Room Online... - April 9th, 2020
- Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services Market What Factors will drive the Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid... - April 9th, 2020
- Latest Technology Trends in Business - 1redDrop - April 9th, 2020
- Global Video Hosting Software Market Analysis, Growth By Top Companies, Trends By Types and Application, Forecast To 2024 - Science In Me - April 9th, 2020
- AWS: the worlds most comprehensive cloud platform - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - April 6th, 2020
- Summit Hosting Offers 90 Days of Free Cloud Hosting to Help Small and Medium Businesses Operate Remotely During COVID-19 - Benzinga - April 6th, 2020
- Why large non-profits opt for small hosting companies over the cloud - BestTechie - April 6th, 2020
- Special Report on Cloud ERP in the Aftermath of COVID-19 to Be Hosted by ERP Advisors Group - EconomyWatch.com - April 6th, 2020
- On the tech horizon: Here's a look at what's coming across NC in May - WRAL Tech Wire - April 6th, 2020
- Top 9 Reasons Your District Should be Moving to the Cloud - STN Media - School Transportation News - April 1st, 2020
- MSPs: Time to Reinvent - Channel Futures - April 1st, 2020
- Global Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 Industry Statistics on Key Trends, Growth and Opportunities to 2025 - Monroe Scoop - April 1st, 2020
- Health Catalyst Launches Four Additional COVID-19 Solutions and a Modular Bundle - The Herald Journal - April 1st, 2020
- Tech pitches in to fight COVID-19 pandemic - Computerworld - April 1st, 2020
- Transitioning Your Enterprise Workload? Read This First - Forbes - March 23rd, 2020
- Hybrid cloud - The business infrastructure of tomorrow - Techerati - March 23rd, 2020
- On the horizon: 57 meetups, conferences & networking events across NC in April - WRAL Tech Wire - March 23rd, 2020
- The Four Main Reasons Your Cloud Spending Is Out of Control - Cloud Wars - March 21st, 2020
- Everyone needs the cloud now more than ever. So understand AWS, Azure and more for under $25. - The Next Web - March 21st, 2020
- Zoom warns investors they may become a victim of their own success as costs spiral - MSPoweruser - MSPoweruser - March 21st, 2020
- Leostream to the Remote Access Rescue - Associated Press - March 21st, 2020
- AMD and Intel have a formidable new foe but youll never guess who it is - TechRadar - March 21st, 2020
- Business Process-as-a-Service (BPaaS) Market To Reach USD 120.70 Billion By 2026 Growing at a CAGR of 12.6% - Weather News Point - March 21st, 2020
- Realising the impact of unsecured container deployments: A guide - Cloud Tech - March 20th, 2020
- Leostream to the Remote Access Rescue - Yahoo Finance - March 20th, 2020
- Friday night music jam hosted by Tony Oldand goes live online tonight for musicians and music fans looking to be cheered up - Beach Metro News - March 20th, 2020
- This Week in Jobs: Puppies and Rainbows Edition - Technical.ly Brooklyn - March 20th, 2020
- Firms go remote at breakneck speed in response to coronavirus - Accounting Today - March 20th, 2020
- Web Hosting Services Market 2019-2023 | Increase in the Number of E-commerce Vendors to Boost Growth | Technavio - Yahoo Finance - March 20th, 2020
- COIN.HOST: Security, Privacy and Excellence Applied To Web Hosting In The Crypto Market - UseTheBitcoin - March 20th, 2020
- YouTube fails to clarify whether reduced streaming quality will impact live events - Cloud Pro - March 20th, 2020
- Are two clouds better than one? - ITWeb - March 20th, 2020
- Will coronavirus change the way we view tech? - BusinessCloud - March 20th, 2020
- QualiSpace Launched Tally on the Cloud - IT News Online - March 13th, 2020
- BeBop, Sony Ci to Hold Post-Production in the Cloud Webinar March 18 - Media & Entertainment Services Alliance M&E Daily Newsletter - March 13th, 2020
- Disruptive tech trends: Fintech leads Twitter mentions in February 2020 - Verdict - March 13th, 2020
- Minimize business impact of coronavirus - IT World Canada - March 13th, 2020
- Software for scheduling appointment in beauty salons Software as a service vs WordPress Plugins vs Local Applications - Mighty Gadget - March 13th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020 By Top Key Players/Manufacturers, Type and Application, Regions, Industry Analysis, Growth, Size, Trends and... - March 12th, 2020
- Amazon: Linux-based Bottlerocket is our new OS for hosting containers in the cloud - ZDNet - March 12th, 2020
- PTC Unlocks Huge Time Savings for Developers & Technical Designers with New Samples Console in FlexPLM Version 11.2 - Which PLM - March 12th, 2020
- Cybersecurity in a time of coronavirus - Accounting Today - March 12th, 2020
- VMware : UKCloud Health awarded place on new 3bn framework from NHS London Procurement Partnership - marketscreener.com - March 12th, 2020
- UKCloud Health awarded place on new 3bn framework from NHS London Procurement Partnership - RealWire - March 12th, 2020
- Cloud ITSM Market Current Trends and Future Aspect Analysis 2018 2028 - 3rd Watch News - March 12th, 2020
- How to pick the right third-party CI/CD tool for the cloud - TechTarget - March 12th, 2020
- Recovery and restoration of content from blogs and windows web hosting UK websites - Lifesly.com - March 12th, 2020
- IBS Software Takes Lufthansa Cargo Handling to the Cloud - PRNewswire - March 10th, 2020
- New realms of measurement, connected data silos, and more in 2020 (Reader Forum) - RCR Wireless News - March 10th, 2020
- Introduction to the Firebase Database - Database Journal - March 10th, 2020
- Source Code Escrow Agreements Are Reaching For The Cloud - JD Supra - March 10th, 2020
- Google expanding cloud hosting presence in Canada with Toronto location - MobileSyrup - March 7th, 2020
- Mission-critical services migrating to the cloud in 2020 - TechRepublic - March 7th, 2020
- From Paper to Digital the Benefits of Cloud and SaaS Platforms for Lab Productivity - Technology Networks - March 7th, 2020
- Version Control Hosting Software Market Rising Trends and Technology Outlook 2019 to 2025 - News Times - March 7th, 2020
- Standing wave cloud at sunrise, over Zimbabwe - EarthSky - March 7th, 2020
- Standard Bank partners with Microsoft and SAP to accelerate its digital journey - BusinessTech - March 7th, 2020
- Meet the New Navisite: A Modern Managed Cloud Service Provider Accelerating IT Transformation for Thousands of Global Brands - AiThority - March 4th, 2020
- Navisite Transforms to Modern Managed Cloud Service Provider - Database Trends and Applications - March 4th, 2020
- SophosLabs Reports on Cloud Snooper, an Advanced Targeted Attack that Allows Malware to Communicate Across Firewalls - CXOToday.com - March 4th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market- Global Business Growing Strategies, Technological Innovation And Emerging Trends Of Outlook To 2026 - Feed Road - March 4th, 2020
- Microsoft Goes All-In On RPA (Robotic Process Automation) - Forbes - March 4th, 2020
- Personal/Private Cloud Market by Revenue (Direct and Indirect), Hosting (User and Provider) and Deployment (Individuals, Small businesses and Medium... - March 4th, 2020
- ACS transforms disaster recovery with VMware and Routed - TechCentral - March 4th, 2020
- Amazon Lightsail offers cheap WordPress hosting in the cloud - Coywolf News - February 28th, 2020
- Northumberlands move to Oracle cloud apps hands control over from IT to end users - Diginomica - February 28th, 2020
- Ankr Partners With LTO Network; Announces Node Hosting and Campaign - CryptoNewsZ - February 28th, 2020
- FastComet is Now Powered by AMD EPYC to Dramatically Improve Reliability, Speed, and Security of Its High-Performance Servers - HostReview.com - February 28th, 2020
- Two Rare Cloud Features Appear Over New Hampshire's Mount Washington - Smithsonian.com - February 28th, 2020
- Source Code Escrow Agreements Are Reaching For The Cloud - Law360 - February 28th, 2020
- Millennials to Drive Bitcoin Higher: 4 Stocks to Watch - Nasdaq - February 28th, 2020
- Why CFOs are turning to hosting as they move to in-house accounts - Financial Director - February 28th, 2020
- Harnessing the benefits of HSCN requires more than just 'connectivity' - Open Access Government - February 28th, 2020
- Two new higher education institutions select OnBase hosted in the Hyland Cloud - PRNewswire - February 27th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Types and Applications Outlook, Industry Drivers, Ongoing Trends, Future Demand, Challenges, Top Companies & Forecast... - February 27th, 2020
- Alibaba to give out free cloud to help businesses affected by Coronavirus - Data Economy - February 27th, 2020
- Arizona Health Information Exchange Launches NextGen Healthcare Health Data Hub to Improve the Physician Experience and Enhance Patient Care - Yahoo... - February 27th, 2020
- Financial organisations leading the way for hybrid cloud, Nutanix finds - DataCentreNews Europe - February 27th, 2020