As the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY)s homegrown video conferencing app challenge deadline draws closer, multiple lesser known Indian video conferencing apps and services are gearing up for the opportunity to significantly grow their businesses. At the focal point of this growth is privacy, the key reason for which the Indian government proceeded to ban global video conferencing giants such as Zoom and Google Meet, and opt for a talent hunt to build Indias own, homegrown video conferencing service.
The opportunity that has risen for Indian startups working on video conferencing apps is, in ways, due to the severe privacy and data security gaffes that hammered Zoom through March and April. EnableX, one of the startups participating in MeitYs video conferencing app challenge, is looking to cash in on this as well.
Speaking to News18, Pankaj Gupta, founder and CEO of EnableX, says, We employ AES 256-bit encryption over DTLS-SRTP for audio, video and shared content. Regardless of device types or participants, all media traffic is encrypted. All signalling is carried over standard https protocol, and EnableX supports industry-standard PKI certificate validation.
A screen grab from the EnableX website.
Troop Messenger is another startup that is also vying for MeitYs award, with its video conferencing service, Cattle Call. While the latter was started as part of the overall Troop Messenger suite, it is now being segregated into a standalone video calling application that may be released by August 2020. Its founder and chief executive, Sudhir Naidu, tells News18 that he does have end-to-end encryption in mind as a feature to be offered via Cattle Call. As of now, the service will offer DTLS-SRTP media encryption standard, which is a common, end-to-server grade technique used to encrypt all chats and media, to begin with.
Apart from this, we will also offer PIN unlock, fingerprint unlock, face unlock and two-factor authentication for accessing critical data, adds Naidu.
A third such startup is VacYa, which has already been offering scalable services to enterprises globally via VacYaChat (text messaging) and VacYaFone (VoIP calling). With the increasing demand for video conferencing services around the world, the startup has introduced VacYaMeet, a customisable video conferencing service that also offers end-to-end encryption as a key feature in its portfolio.
Hosting the service on a companys own servers automatically makes it more secure.
Chandra Potineni, founder of VacYa, states that his startup has developed a double lock strategy to be used specifically for the video conferencing service, and has applied for a patent for the same. With the patent pending as of now, Potineni did not divulge further details about exactly how the technology works. To further instill confidence among enterprises, VacYa allows its clients to host the service on their own servers, therefore keeping data even more locally, and being compliant to more stringent security rules. That said, while others are keeping the window of consumer-end applications open, VacYa is strictly focusing on offering an enterprise service.
An example of the suite of services that VacYa offers.
Anuj Garg, founder of Inscripts, also built a video conferencing app with his team that recently went viral. Say Namaste, as the service is being called, is an entirely new service from a startup that found popularity in the enterprise space due to CometChat. In an earlier interview with News18, Garg stated that the company is exploring multiple encryption options, undertaking an independent security audit and looking at features like two-factor authentication, as part of their features suite. Garg, however, also stated that smaller scale video conferencing apps from Indian startups should not be compared with global giants such as Zoom and Google Meet, at least until the scope of business becomes more even.
Whats important to note is that for each of these startups, being in the communications space is not new per se. EnableXs Gupta states that the companys main platform went live in 2019, and already has over 1,000 enterprise users across Asia. EnableX offers a white label platform that companies can customise to their needs, and also integrate third party services into.
The video conferencing service, on the other hand, has been rolled out very recently, and we are currently offering it as a free to try service. It has been rolled out in phases over the last few days, and we have about 100 of our customers using it, adds Gupta. With MeitYs challenge, Gupta believes that EnableX can benefit significantly in terms of its outreach and visibility. The entire platform was built over three years out of offices in Noida and Bangalore. However, the video conferencing solution did not take that long to prune.
The aim is to leverage prior experience in the communications and signalling space, and invest it in video conferencing.
Troop Messengers Naidu also affirms that even his company isnt new, and has been around for over two years now. In fact, he further states that before expanding with Troop Messenger in 2017, he has been involved in the communication technology space for over 18 years. It is this experience that Naidu aims to leverage to provide an on-premise video conferencing model of Cattle Call, alongside features such as the future option of allowing companies to add Troops Cattle Call as a third party service to cloud-hosted enterprise software.
While VacYaMeet is significantly younger than the rest, it too was conceptualised well before the Covid-19 pandemic. Potineni says, The solution has been available to the public for the past two months in beta testing, and has over 30,000 hours of testing. He further stated that the founders of VacYa have several hundred patents between them. VacYa is primarily based in India, but also has a division in USA as it eyes international expansion.
Inscripts Garg has also been in the field for a while, with its original product, CometChat, now being over a decade old. Even beyond the Covid-19 crisis, I believe many companies will be shifting to a remote working model, which is what makes this a super lucrative business, he says. Garg is not alone every participant that News18 spoke to is looking at a significant expansion phase of video conferencing services, and hence targeting enterprises squarely with their recently developed offerings.
With privacy in focus, the governments challenge may just give this sector a much needed boost, and bring a host of Indian video conferencing services at par with global offerings.
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 8th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 8th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market: 2020 Global Industry Size, Share, Uses, Benefits, Trends, Growth Application, Key Manufacturers and 2026 Demand... - July 8th, 2020
- Y Soft announces YSoft SAFEQ Cloud, a New Family of Cloud-Based Print Services - What They Think - July 8th, 2020
- Industry VoicesRaynovich: The cloud is swallowing everything - FierceTelecom - July 8th, 2020
- Mohamed Arab Joins VPLS as VP of Cloud and Managed Services - PR Web - July 8th, 2020
- Dremio Dives Deep Below the Surface for the Industry's First Cloud Data Lake Conference - Business Wire - July 8th, 2020
- Astonishing growth in Cloud Communications Platform Market anticipates to grow at $ 4.4 billion by 2021, from 2016 to 2021, with CAGR of 26.8% with... - July 8th, 2020
- MediaOps' New 'Digital Anarchist' Streaming Video Platform Delivers Expert Content on What's Next In DevOps, Cybersecurity, Cloud Native and Digital... - July 8th, 2020
- Green House Data and Zerto Fast-Track Digital Transformation with Hybrid Cloud Resilience and Portability - MyHostNews.com - July 8th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact On Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market Projection By Latest Technology, Global Analysis, Industry Growth, Current Trends And... - July 4th, 2020
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2020: Best Cloud Provider to the Sell SideBT - www.waterstechnology.com - July 4th, 2020
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020 Analysis, Types, Applications, Forecast and COVID-19 Impact Analysis 2026 - Daily Research Chronicles - July 4th, 2020
- Green House Data and Zerto Fast-Track Digital Transformation with Hybrid Cloud Resilience - AiThority - July 4th, 2020
- Leaseweb's Five-Year Growth Exceeds Double the Market Average, Further Cementing Position as Top Player in International Cloud Hosting Market -... - July 4th, 2020
- THNQ fund from ROBO Global looks ahead to AI infrastructure growth - Robot Report - July 4th, 2020
- Bare Metal Cloud Market research, Industry Outlook, Current Trends and Forecast by 2025 - CueReport - July 4th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market | Global Industry Analysis, Segments, Top Key Players, Drivers and Trends to 2027 - Cole of Duty - July 4th, 2020
- Professional Services Automation Market Key Vendors, Analysis by Growth and Revolutionary Opportunities by 2025 - Apsters News - July 4th, 2020
- VyOS and FastNetMon Announce Integration | 2020-07-01 | Press Releases - Stockhouse - July 4th, 2020
- India bans 59 Chinese apps including TikTok and WeChat - Data Economy - July 4th, 2020
- Global Bare Metal Cloud Market with Covid-19 Effect Analysis | likewise Industry is Booming Globaly with Key Players IBM Corporation, Oracle... - July 4th, 2020
- Leaseweb's Five-Year growth Exceeds Double the Market Average, Further Cementing Position as Top Player in International Cloud Hosting Market - PR Web - June 30th, 2020
- Cloud hosting group confident on future prospects - The Business Desk - June 30th, 2020
- Connor and Scalio Announce Venture to Bring GRC and License Optimization to the Cloud - GlobeNewswire - June 30th, 2020
- What Is Cloud Computing? - World Atlas - June 30th, 2020
- Thought Machine's Vault Now Proven and Available on All Infrastructure Options: SaaS, Private or Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud and on Premises - Business... - June 30th, 2020
- Global Application Hosting Market : Industry Analysis and forecast 2020 2027 - Morning Tick - June 30th, 2020
- Data Centers Above the Clouds: Colocation Goes to Space - Data Center Frontier - June 30th, 2020
- 'This Pandemic Has Highlighted The Importance Of Cloud System': Anand Chandra, Synechron - Express Computer - June 30th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2020 Digital Learning, Growth Analysis, Industry Trends, Advanced Technologies, Services, Business Overview... - June 30th, 2020
- 4 common software maintenance models and when to use them - TechTarget - June 30th, 2020
- Applying AI and Cloud Technologies for Multivariate Control in Upstream Processes, Upcoming Webinar Hosted by Xtalks - PR Web - June 30th, 2020
- How to Host Your Own VPN with Algo and Cloud Hosting - How-To Geek - June 27th, 2020
- Web Hosting Services Market 2019 Size Overview By Industrial Application, E-Commerce Boom, Cloud Hosting, Latest Trends, New-Advancements in Internet... - June 27th, 2020
- This week in storage: Teradata in the cloud, WD Zoned SSDs and more - Blocks and Files - June 27th, 2020
- Top 10 Cloud Technology Market Exclusive insight on Transformation 2025 - Cole of Duty - June 27th, 2020
- Why you should shun unmanaged hosting and adopt managed - MOARGeek - June 27th, 2020
- E.ON selects Wipro for grid and digital transformation - Smart Energy - June 27th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Key Players, Industry Overview, Application and Analysis to 2020-2026 - 3rd Watch News - June 27th, 2020
- Top 5 IT Certifications That Will Get You Paid in 2020 - ClearanceJobs - ClearanceJobs - June 27th, 2020
- Global personal cloud market is expected to grow with a healthy CAGR over the forecast period from 2020-2026 - Salamanca Press - June 27th, 2020
- An Introduction to Dave Antrobus, technology director of Fresh Thinking Group - Business MattersBusiness Matters - June 27th, 2020
- Uploadcare Media Pipeline for Online Business Wins at Nanjing Tech Week Competition - AsiaOne - June 27th, 2020
- JIESHUN Smart Parking and Cloud Hosting at Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport - Parking Network - June 22nd, 2020
- Cloud Computing Transforming And Revolutionising Cybersecurity In India - Inc42 Media - June 22nd, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- Global Application Hosting Market 2020 by Type, Share, Applications, Key Players, Growth, Trends and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- Grading and audio post in the cloud | Industry Trends | IBC - IBC365 - June 22nd, 2020
- Serverless Architecture Market 2020 Global Trend, Segmentation and Opportunities Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact and Recovery Analysis- Global Email Hosting Services Market 2020-2024 | Growing Adoption of the Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) Policy to... - June 22nd, 2020
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Market Expected to Grow with a Significant Rate by 2024 Top Players : DreamHost, GoDaddy, HostGator, InMotion, Bluehost,... - June 22nd, 2020
- VPLS recognized on CRN's list of Top 500 Solutions Providers for second consecutive year - PR Web - June 22nd, 2020
- Security problems with the Employment Security Department should have been fixed last year - washingtonpolicy.org - June 22nd, 2020
- Global Cloud-based Database Market 2020 by Type, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast To 2030 - 3rd Watch News - June 22nd, 2020
- Headliners, part I: 32 upcoming events & program deadlines in the Triangle - WRAL Tech Wire - June 22nd, 2020
- Global Network Host Service Market with Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact Analysis | likewise Industry is Booming Globaly with Top Key Players | AT&T,... - June 22nd, 2020
- Behind the scenes of Israel's Global Data Center - Data Economy - June 22nd, 2020
- Tax small taxpayers but let the giants go? We can do better. - The Daily Star - June 22nd, 2020
- Global Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services Market Projected to Reach USD XX.XX billion by 2025- IBM, Wipro, Tata... - June 22nd, 2020
- Railway Management System Market to Eyewitness Massive Growth by 2028: Leading Key Players ABB, Alstom, Ansaldo, Bombardier Transportation, GE... - June 22nd, 2020
- All you need to know about cloud hosting - Business MattersBusiness Matters - June 9th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 9th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Set to Take Giant Positive Leap - Cole of Duty - June 9th, 2020
- Online Accounting Went Virtual on Short Notice | Online Accounting Jobs - NEC News & Events - June 9th, 2020
- Global Trade Impact of the Coronavirus on Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Reviewed in a New Study - 3rd Watch News - June 9th, 2020
- AGL announces huge shift to the Cloud - Which-50 - June 9th, 2020
- Moodle welcomes Adapt IT as a Certified Moodle Partner and strengthens presence across the Pan African market. - Moodle - June 9th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 - Cole of... - June 9th, 2020
- UK signs cloud discount deal with Google to boost innovation - www.computing.co.uk - June 9th, 2020
- Data Breach Notification Software Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 - Cole... - June 9th, 2020
- Triangle headliners: Previewing 71 local events & program deadlines this month - WRAL Tech Wire - June 9th, 2020
- Sysdig Continues International Expansion with New Data Center Options in the US and Europe - Business Wire - June 9th, 2020
- Heating Coil For Heat Treatment Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 - Cole... - June 9th, 2020
- 3 Buffett Stocks That Are Trouncing Berkshire Hathaway So Far This Year - The Motley Fool - May 31st, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market 2020 | by Manufacturers | by Countries | by Types and by Applications | by Forecasts to 2026 - 3rd Watch News - May 31st, 2020
- Global Cloud Based Database Market Slated to Bring in US$ XX Billion by End of 2026 - 3rd Watch News - May 31st, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Research Report 2020: Key Players, Applications, Drivers, Trends and Forecast to 2026 - News Distinct - May 30th, 2020
- Are We Overthinking Application Lifecycle Automation? - No Jitter - May 30th, 2020
- Wharfedale Offers No Upfront Costs and 180 days of Deferred Payment - AiThority - May 30th, 2020