Data Economy spoke to Moshe Lasman, CEO and Founder of Global Data Center, to understand how the company has positioned itself to support the needs of Israeli companies and aligned its investment towards the markets imminent exponential growth.
Lasmans background is in industrial engineering and he has a degree in computer science and economics. He worked for a number of international companies in Israel, formerly managing the service division at HP and later managing the strategic outsourcing department at IBM for 30 years.
As a result of this experience, and his close relationships with enterprise companies in Israel, he noticed that there was a shortage in high-level data centres for them in the country and founded Global Data Center in 2013. Global Data Center specialises in advanced data centre services, ranging from server hosting to cloud computing and disaster recovery services.
The idea and mission of the company was to cover this shortage in the market, he tells Data Economy. Back in those days, I had excellent relationships with most enterprises in Israel due to the multitude of discussions I would have and due to this experience and insight, I decided to establish the company.
So what about the financial backing of the company? As we all know, it takes a lot of capital to fund a data centre business. For the first round, I approached the Viola Group, which is one of the largest equity fund groups in Israel that manages approximately $3 billion. Most of their investment is related to technology companies, he responds.
At a later stage, Lasman sought a second round of investment to raise further capital. Voila didnt want their shareholding to be diluted so they joined this round as well but GlenRock Israel, a private equity investment firm, also signed up to what we were doing, he adds. GlenRock Israel is owned by Leon Recanati, one of the wealthiest individuals in Israel.
HERZILYA FACILITYLasman found a location in Herzilya that was fit for purpose for a data centre but it wasnt a regular site for a facility though, he tells Data Economy. With security being a key concern for many Israeli companies, this facility was an
underground one and this was a good key difference for our company.When we established the first phase of the data centre, it was approximately 3,000 square metres. It took us about four-and-a-half years to populate this surface area. At the start of 2019, we expanded and then doubled this data centre, taking the square footage to 6,000 square metres, the founder and CEO states.
It took us a year-and-a-half to populate this additional capacity. In a third of the time, we filled the same surface areas with this expansion.
Why was this? The company was no longer a newcomer but is now one of the leading data centre players in the country. Its unique facility and location within the Herzliya high-tech zone also offers a clear advantage in disaster recovery scenarios.
Time is precious, but news has no time. Sign up today to receive daily free updates in your email box from the Data Economy Newsroom.
Its near all the large communication providers in Israel, as well as the major banks, which are subject to banking regulation stipulating that data centres must be located less than 30km from the bank.
Over 40 companies reside in Global Data Centers facility, including some ofthe largest Israeli insurance firms and financial institutions. Its experience and reputation is something that Lasman helps will not only propel the companys success with the launch of another facility next year but to leverage the clear market demand and imminent boom that Israel will soon experience.
BOOMING ISRAELI MARKETThe Isareli data centre market is booming but is lagging behind the US and European markets. Lasman explains: There is less than 40,000 square metres in the country today and if we compare the Israeli market with the penetration of the US market, we should really have around 110,000 square metres. He adds that the comparison with the European market shows that the Israeli market should be nearly triple the size it is.
On top of this, if you look at the compound average growth quoted byinternational analysts, the market is growing by more than 40% on a yearlybasis. Taking this projected growth, the market in four to five years time should be over 220,000 square metres. Theres huge demand, according to Lasman, and coupled with the fact that many data centre spaces in Israel are currently being managed by companies independently, as the market moves towards colocation data centres, the potential boom is clear to see.
Lasman stresses that he doesnt look at things from an entrepreneurs point of view but from an IT perspective. He sees the company as part of the IT chain of our customers and is proud that the facility has not had a single failure in its history. Were not just providing the land and some electricity for our tenants. We believe that we should be part of the IT chain of our customer and this is a huge difference in our companys mindset andphilosophy, compared to our competition, he states.
NEW $30M FACILITYA few months ago, the company announced that it will launch a new$30 million data centre hub near Tel Aviv. In the initial stage, the facility will encompass 64,000 square feet and will also be in a protected and highly secured underground site, in an area that is easily accessible.
This facility, which is strategically located near a key business district, was designed first. We didnt source a space that can fit a data centre but designed one that was specific to our needs, Lasman adds. The data centre will be powered by a 15MW supply of electricity, making it the largest data centre in Israel in regards to electrical capacity: 10MW in phase one with the ability to expand to 15MW in phase two. Construction is underway and the facility will open and commence commercial operations by mid-2021, Lasman tells Data Economy, adding: Many companies have already registered their interest in being hosted in this new facility.
The establishment of the new data centre, near large high-tech centresof Petah Tikva, offers the best proof of the business momentum that we arecurrently experiencing, says Lasman. He reveals that there are already plans afoot to double the size of this new facility to around 129,000 square feet in line with the forecasted market demand and growth, similar to what the company experienced in Herzilya.
Our mission is to design, build and manage data centres, Lasman reveals as we conclude the meeting. Many others are building facilities and are letting others manage them. However, our mission is to provide the full experience and scope of data centres.
Global Data Center has perfectly positioned itself to support even morecompanies with this full experience and as we finish our call, the CEO reveals that in addition to the new data centre launching next year, the company has already identified a third site for another facility and is in discussions with the landlord. The size of this facility will be similar to the Tel Aviv data centre. Business is booming in Israel!
Behind the scenes of Israel's Global Data Center - Data Economy
- Jelastic PaaS Expanded for Educational Institutions with Reclaim Cloud Hosting in the USA, Canada and the United Kingdom - HostReview.com - August 10th, 2020
- Big Boom In Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market With A Growing CACR During 2020-2027| Med Tech Solutions Inc, Rackspace, Health Catalyst, OVH Cloud,... - August 10th, 2020
- Verizon Business Plans to Simplify and Accelerate E2E IoT Solution with Microsoft Azure - The Fast Mode - August 10th, 2020
- What you should know when creating your own website - MyBroadband - August 10th, 2020
- Palomino Inc. Completes Acquisition of GCIS Inc. to Grow Cloud Hosting and Business Application Support in Times of COVID-19 - Yahoo Finance - August 8th, 2020
- Cloud Infrastructure Services Market Research Report by Service Type, by Organization Size, by Deployment, by Vertical - Global Forecast to 2025 -... - August 8th, 2020
- Cloud Hosted vs. On-Premise vs. Self Hosted vs. Private Cloud PMS: All Platforms Have Advantages; Which is Right for You? | By Warren Dehan -... - August 8th, 2020
- Capital One to pay $80M penalty over 2019 data breach - Banking Dive - August 8th, 2020
- 16 reasons why you should move your backup to a NZ-hosted solution - IT Brief New Zealand - August 8th, 2020
- All PMS Platforms Have Advantages, But Which One is Right for Your Hotel? | - Hotel Technology News - August 8th, 2020
- Bare metal vs dedicated servers: which is the better web hosting option? - ITProPortal - August 8th, 2020
- Help For Caregivers Coming to St Cloud VA - KNSI Radio - August 8th, 2020
- [Webinar] eDiscovery In The Age of Cloud Applications: How To Collect From Slack - August 20th, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm ET - JD Supra - August 8th, 2020
- Army transitions from Industrial Age to Information Age Fort Carson Mountaineer - fortcarsonmountaineer.com - July 25th, 2020
- Adobe Partners With Red Hat, Google Updates AI Offering and More CX News - CMSWire - July 25th, 2020
- Cloud Migration - COVID Effect - Story of Future - July 25th, 2020
- Pandemic shockwave shatters cultural barriers to cloud adoption - Daily Trust - July 25th, 2020
- How much it costs to build and host a website in South Africa - MyBroadband - July 25th, 2020
- Network Host Service Market to Grow Significantly With Increasing Advancements in Technology, Says QYR| AT&T, Google Cloud, GoDaddy - Owned - July 25th, 2020
- A CoE in IoT in Agriculture at Guwahati, Animation at Shillong and Emerging Tech-AR/VR Launched - Express Computer - July 25th, 2020
- Top 5 Things to Know in the Market on Thursday, July 23rd By .com - Up News Info - July 25th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 - 3rd... - July 14th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Comprehensive Survey on Demand by 2025 - Cole of Duty - July 14th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 on Application Hosting 2020-2027 with Focusing Key players like IBM, AWS, Google, Rackspace, etc - Cole of Duty - July 14th, 2020
- Google reportedly abandoned a cloud computing product for the Chinese market - The Verge - July 14th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Share, 5evelopment Status and Outlook by Players To 2020-2025 | Amazon Web Services, AT & T, Google,... - July 14th, 2020
- Migrating Your Clients to an Alternative Cloud Provider is Easier than You Might Think - Channel Futures - July 14th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026... - July 14th, 2020
- Bullish Google looks to invest $10 billion over 7 years to digitize India - Livemint - July 14th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 8th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 8th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market: 2020 Global Industry Size, Share, Uses, Benefits, Trends, Growth Application, Key Manufacturers and 2026 Demand... - July 8th, 2020
- Y Soft announces YSoft SAFEQ Cloud, a New Family of Cloud-Based Print Services - What They Think - July 8th, 2020
- Industry VoicesRaynovich: The cloud is swallowing everything - FierceTelecom - July 8th, 2020
- Mohamed Arab Joins VPLS as VP of Cloud and Managed Services - PR Web - July 8th, 2020
- Dremio Dives Deep Below the Surface for the Industry's First Cloud Data Lake Conference - Business Wire - July 8th, 2020
- Astonishing growth in Cloud Communications Platform Market anticipates to grow at $ 4.4 billion by 2021, from 2016 to 2021, with CAGR of 26.8% with... - July 8th, 2020
- MediaOps' New 'Digital Anarchist' Streaming Video Platform Delivers Expert Content on What's Next In DevOps, Cybersecurity, Cloud Native and Digital... - July 8th, 2020
- Green House Data and Zerto Fast-Track Digital Transformation with Hybrid Cloud Resilience and Portability - MyHostNews.com - July 8th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact On Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market Projection By Latest Technology, Global Analysis, Industry Growth, Current Trends And... - July 4th, 2020
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2020: Best Cloud Provider to the Sell SideBT - www.waterstechnology.com - July 4th, 2020
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020 Analysis, Types, Applications, Forecast and COVID-19 Impact Analysis 2026 - Daily Research Chronicles - July 4th, 2020
- Green House Data and Zerto Fast-Track Digital Transformation with Hybrid Cloud Resilience - AiThority - July 4th, 2020
- Leaseweb's Five-Year Growth Exceeds Double the Market Average, Further Cementing Position as Top Player in International Cloud Hosting Market -... - July 4th, 2020
- THNQ fund from ROBO Global looks ahead to AI infrastructure growth - Robot Report - July 4th, 2020
- Bare Metal Cloud Market research, Industry Outlook, Current Trends and Forecast by 2025 - CueReport - July 4th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market | Global Industry Analysis, Segments, Top Key Players, Drivers and Trends to 2027 - Cole of Duty - July 4th, 2020
- Professional Services Automation Market Key Vendors, Analysis by Growth and Revolutionary Opportunities by 2025 - Apsters News - July 4th, 2020
- VyOS and FastNetMon Announce Integration | 2020-07-01 | Press Releases - Stockhouse - July 4th, 2020
- India bans 59 Chinese apps including TikTok and WeChat - Data Economy - July 4th, 2020
- Global Bare Metal Cloud Market with Covid-19 Effect Analysis | likewise Industry is Booming Globaly with Key Players IBM Corporation, Oracle... - July 4th, 2020
- Leaseweb's Five-Year growth Exceeds Double the Market Average, Further Cementing Position as Top Player in International Cloud Hosting Market - PR Web - June 30th, 2020
- Cloud hosting group confident on future prospects - The Business Desk - June 30th, 2020
- Connor and Scalio Announce Venture to Bring GRC and License Optimization to the Cloud - GlobeNewswire - June 30th, 2020
- What Is Cloud Computing? - World Atlas - June 30th, 2020
- Thought Machine's Vault Now Proven and Available on All Infrastructure Options: SaaS, Private or Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud and on Premises - Business... - June 30th, 2020
- Global Application Hosting Market : Industry Analysis and forecast 2020 2027 - Morning Tick - June 30th, 2020
- Data Centers Above the Clouds: Colocation Goes to Space - Data Center Frontier - June 30th, 2020
- 'This Pandemic Has Highlighted The Importance Of Cloud System': Anand Chandra, Synechron - Express Computer - June 30th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2020 Digital Learning, Growth Analysis, Industry Trends, Advanced Technologies, Services, Business Overview... - June 30th, 2020
- 4 common software maintenance models and when to use them - TechTarget - June 30th, 2020
- Applying AI and Cloud Technologies for Multivariate Control in Upstream Processes, Upcoming Webinar Hosted by Xtalks - PR Web - June 30th, 2020
- How to Host Your Own VPN with Algo and Cloud Hosting - How-To Geek - June 27th, 2020
- Web Hosting Services Market 2019 Size Overview By Industrial Application, E-Commerce Boom, Cloud Hosting, Latest Trends, New-Advancements in Internet... - June 27th, 2020
- This week in storage: Teradata in the cloud, WD Zoned SSDs and more - Blocks and Files - June 27th, 2020
- Top 10 Cloud Technology Market Exclusive insight on Transformation 2025 - Cole of Duty - June 27th, 2020
- Why you should shun unmanaged hosting and adopt managed - MOARGeek - June 27th, 2020
- E.ON selects Wipro for grid and digital transformation - Smart Energy - June 27th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Key Players, Industry Overview, Application and Analysis to 2020-2026 - 3rd Watch News - June 27th, 2020
- Top 5 IT Certifications That Will Get You Paid in 2020 - ClearanceJobs - ClearanceJobs - June 27th, 2020
- Global personal cloud market is expected to grow with a healthy CAGR over the forecast period from 2020-2026 - Salamanca Press - June 27th, 2020
- An Introduction to Dave Antrobus, technology director of Fresh Thinking Group - Business MattersBusiness Matters - June 27th, 2020
- Uploadcare Media Pipeline for Online Business Wins at Nanjing Tech Week Competition - AsiaOne - June 27th, 2020
- JIESHUN Smart Parking and Cloud Hosting at Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport - Parking Network - June 22nd, 2020
- Cloud Computing Transforming And Revolutionising Cybersecurity In India - Inc42 Media - June 22nd, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- Global Application Hosting Market 2020 by Type, Share, Applications, Key Players, Growth, Trends and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- Grading and audio post in the cloud | Industry Trends | IBC - IBC365 - June 22nd, 2020
- Serverless Architecture Market 2020 Global Trend, Segmentation and Opportunities Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 22nd, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact and Recovery Analysis- Global Email Hosting Services Market 2020-2024 | Growing Adoption of the Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) Policy to... - June 22nd, 2020