Trusted Business Insights answers what are the scenarios for growth and recovery and whether there will be any lasting structural impact from the unfolding crisis for the Cloud Computing market.
Trusted Business Insights presents an updated and Latest Study on Cloud Computing Market 2020-2029. The report contains market predictions related to market size, revenue, production, CAGR, Consumption, gross margin, price, and other substantial factors. While emphasizing the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also offers a complete study of the future trends and developments of the market.The report further elaborates on the micro and macroeconomic aspects including the socio-political landscape that is anticipated to shape the demand of the Cloud Computing market during the forecast period (2020-2029).It also examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry including their corporate overview, financial summary, and SWOT analysis.
Get Sample Copy of this Report @ Cloud Computing Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19
Report Overview: Cloud Computing Market
The global cloud computing market size was valued at USD 155.9 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 13.8% from 2021 to 2027. Factors such as growing digital transformation among industries, rising penetration of internet and mobile devices across the world, and increase in consumption of big data are the primary drivers fostering the market growth. The development of next-generation industrial solutions will be cloud enhanced and require a cloud platform to showcase their digital business capabilities. Rise in adoption of Internet of Things (IoT), edge computing, 5G, use of real-time analytics enabled by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) is likely to boost the utility of this computing technology among organizations.
Cloud computing services cover a large number of functions, from the basics of storage, processing, and networking power through artificial intelligenceand Natural Language Processing (NLP) as well as standard office applications. It is estimated that by 2022, more computing power will be offered and deployed by Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) service vendors than by enterprise data centers. The industrial data suggest that deployment of these services is able to increase enterprise savings up to 35% of their annual operating costs. Moreover, other factors include functional capabilities that will help boost the business performances of the organizations.
As per the World Economic Forum, the fourth industrial revolution will be characterized by a fusion of technologies such as artificial intelligence, internet of things, and cloud computing. AI and cloud computing will complement each other along with IoT to improve technology and catalyze growth. Organizations across various verticals are proactively integrating cloud computing with these evolving technologies. For instance, in March 2019, Stelco Holdings Inc., a Canada-based steel company, partnered with Canvas Analytics Inc., to utilize the latters AI-enabled industrial IoT cloud platform to transform the formers operational data into actionable insights with the help of the real-time analytics solutions. Similarly, in the healthcare industry, Nuance Communications Inc.s., cloud-hosted PowerScribe One platform uses AI to aid in diagnostics and decision support for radiologists.
An important aspect of the market is the growing adoption by large enterprises as well as Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). With the growing demand for on-demand and need-based services, this computing has helped SMEs to compete in much larger business space. Moreover, the pay per subscription-based model offered by the service providers has provided SMEs the flexibility to grow to their full potential. Despite some market barriers such as security concerns and legacy systems, the market is anticipated to maintain a high growth pace in coming years.
Data security and privacy remains a primary concern among organizations wherein storage, use of information, and transmission must be digitally protected. Surveys suggest that about 60% of the business-sensitive information on hard drives is held insecurely. Data encryption, authorization management, access control, cloud integration, communication security, monitoring and auditing, and business continuity services are some of the important security services offered by the services vendors. For instance, vendors such as Google LLP, Microsoft Corporation, and Amazon.com Inc. provide 99.9% uptime, which relieves organizations from the burden of creating and maintaining recovery facilities and backup infrastructure.
COVID19 Impact Insights: Cloud Computing Market
The recent outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), a pandemic declared by the World Health Organization, has gravely impacted the economies worldwide. Major cities across the globe have been lockdown with operations of industries being temporarily suspended, and national governments being put in crisis mode. Thereupon, the employees across various industries especially dependent on IT services, have to work remotely to keep the businesses moving.IT resources enabled by cloud computing technology will enhance the access to data services and improve the connectivity between people and businesses on a global scale. Various media companies, financial establishments, educational institutions, and global enterprises will be able to operate and run applications for their customers and users on variety of mobile devices. In the wake of COVID-19 calamity, the work environments that can be operated remotely in technology-driven companies is likely to be benefitted by the cloud technology for a long period of time. This is also subsequently expected to favorably impact the market growth.
Service Insights: Cloud Computing Market
Software as a Service (SaaS) segment lead the cloud computing market with a share of over 54% in 2019 owing to its flexible costs, easy maintenance, and deployment. The industry estimates suggest that there is a rise in the number of companies moving towards cloud with 73% of enterprises moving almost all of their applications to SaaS platform. In addition, the IT industry survey suggests that by 2022, around 60% of the enterprises will utilize an external service providers cloud-managed service offering, which is twice the percentage of organizations from 2018. The IaaS and PaaS type segments have witnessed a steady demand owing to the adoption these services by numerous industry verticals across the world.
The growth of SaaS products will witness strong growth in the coming years as their Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) will equal to that of the on-premise deployment models. In 2018 alone, around 169 SaaS-based acquisitions took place with mean acquisition price standing at USD 1.3 billion. Qualtrics International Inc. by SAP SE (USD 8 billion) and GitHub Inc. by Microsoft Corporation (USD 7.5 billion) were the major acquisitions, recently witnessed in the industry. More mergers and acquisitions, the establishment of innovative startups in the cloud computing arena is likely to propel the market growth over the forecast period 2021-2027.
Workload Insights: Cloud Computing Market
The market is segmented on the basis of workload into application development and testing, data storage and backup, resource management, orchestration services, and others. The resource management segment accounted for the largest market share in 2019, owing to the benefits such as simplicity and low cost of ownership due to the multi-tenancy model over various cloud solutions. Increasing data-intensive workloads, infrastructure advancements to support large-scale execution of workflows, and development of hybrid cloud will increase the utility of resource management segment. Moreover, research and scientific establishments, and government institutions will be benefitted most by the utilization of cloud for resource management applications.
Application development and testing is likely to be the fastest-growing segment owing to the ongoing migration of applications over the cloud in various industry verticals and worldwide penetration of internet and mobile devices. In 2017, the Apple App store offered around 2 million different apps for download while Google Play offered approximately 2.2 million apps. The applications on cloud are being developed at an exponential rate across a range of verticals including entertainment, personal fitness, and education. Moreover, driven by customer demand for multi-dimensional testing of applications across various platforms enabled by cloud, DevOps, and Testing as a Service (TaaS), the app development and the testing segment is likely to gain traction in the coming years.
Enterprise Size Insights: Cloud Computing Market
Based on enterprise size, the market is bifurcated into large enterprises and SMEs. Large enterprises accounted for the major market share in 2019 owing to lower operating costs, better collaboration, increased flexibility, and improved time to market. Enterprises till now were using cloud for developing applications and hosting infrastructure, however, they are now utilizing cloud to modernize core business applications and processes. As per the estimates made by Cisco Systems Inc., more than 94% of the workloads will be processed through cloud data centers by 2021.
However, SMEs is estimated to be the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period owing to the flexible pricing models offered by CSPs, boost in employee productivity, and improvement in collaboration and innovation. The IT industry survey reports that by the end of 2018, 88% of the SMEs have been using at least one cloud service and is likely to increase rapidly in the coming years. The SMEs are widely using the technology for marketing, financial management, project management, and building customer relationships, among others. However, the top priorities for the enterprises adopting cloud are managing and optimizing cloud costs, setting policies for cloud use, and deciding the choice of cloud to run particular applications.
End-Use Insights: Cloud Computing Market
The market is segmented on the basis of end-use into BFSI, IT and telecom, manufacturing, retail and consumer goods, media and entertainment, and government and public sector, among others. BFSI sector accounted for the largest market share in 2019 owing to the adoption of cloud services for storage and management of customer data. Factors such as interoperability, secure storage, and 247 uptime, among others have helped BFSI sector to focus more on the customer-centric business model and digitalization of trade and wealth. Furthermore, services such as payment gateways, online fund transfer, digital wallets, and unified customer experience will play a significant role in the BFSI industry, facilitating the overall shift to cloud deployment.
Manufacturing industry is estimated to be the prime adopter of the cloud services owing to benefits such as seamless data management and real-time visibility offered by this technology. Moreover, the manufacturing sector uses these computing services for managing services, planning enterprise resources, handling supply chain management, and storing information related to enterprise manufacturing. In addition, this computing technology will play a major role in enabling and democratizing new manufacturing production systems such as generative design, 3D printing, and IIoT. Moreover, the industries report that digital services such as cloud computing provides around 25% of the total inputs to manufacture a finished product.
Deployment Insights: Cloud Computing Market
Public, private, and hybrid are the types of deployment methods used by industry players. Public deployment accounted for the major market share in 2019 and is predicted to maintain its dominance over the coming period. The scalability and flexibility of cloud technology, security aspects, and control over the data center are some of the prime factors that will boost the utility of technology. As per the tech industry experts, around 60% of workloads are run on a hosted cloud service as of 2019.
Hybrid deployment with an integrated environment including public and private models will present a significant growth rate in the coming years. Hybrid model has been emerging as the most preferred implementation model among industries that will drive the progression of the cloud industry. The industry insights reveal that around 77% of the global enterprise infrastructure decision-makers who are planning, upgrading, or implementing cloud technology prefer hybrid environment. Moreover, the combination of edge computing and hybrid cloud computing will add value proposition to organizations wherein, hybrid platform will aggregate the relevant data and edge computing will support processing and real-time analytics seamlessly.
Regional Insights: Cloud Computing Market
North America lead the market with a share of 49% in 2019 owing to early adoption of cloud computing solutions. Presence of numerous vendors in the region such as Microsoft Corporation; Oracle Corporation; Amazon.com Inc.; and IBM Corporation coupled with the higher propensity to adopt new technologies is expected to help these regions strengthen their market positions. The European market follows North America owing to high adoption of cloud computing in countries such as Sweden, Denmark, France, Germany, and Finland. The European countries have become a hub for technology development, particularly in the financial sector, which attracts billions of dollars in investment across the globe.
Asia Pacific region is likely to be the fastest-growing region in the market over the forecast period. The rapid growth of China and India coupled with emergence of regional players such as Alibaba Group has had a positive impact in the regional market growth in recent years. Moreover, to meet data sovereignty needs of the governments, hyper-scale cloud providers such as Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Google LLP are establishing their data centers in markets such as Indonesia and Thailand. Moreover, the formation of the Asia Cloud Computing Association, a forum based in the APAC region with the collaboration of Cisco Systems, EMC Corporation, Microsoft, Alcatel-Lucent, NetApp, Rackspace, REACH, Telenor, Nokia Siemens Networks, Verizon, and PLDT/Smart is likely to boost the regional market growth.Cloud Computing Market Share Insights
are some of the prominent players present in the market. Partnerships, strategic mergers and acquisitions are anticipated to be the most effective way for industry players to gain quick access in emerging markets and enhance technological capabilities. Also, product differentiation and up-gradation is expected to pave the way for the development of companies in the market. Moreover, the rising startup culture and transport analytics startups such as Databricks; Uptake Technologies Inc.; Rubrik; D2iQ, Inc.; Vlocity Inc.; Confluent Inc.; Stratoscale; and SecurityScorecard will pose potential competition in the market.
In February 2020, Google LLP acquired Cornerstone Technology, a Netherlands-based company specialized in migrating enterprises workloads from mainframes to the public cloud. The acquisition is expected to help Google LLP to enhance its solutions and increase its customer base across the European region. In October 2018, IBM acquired the worlds leading open-source cloud software provider Red Hat. With the acquisition of Red Hat, IBM is now able to expand its cloud computing offerings to a broader range of clients.This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2027. For the purpose of this study, Trusted Business Insights has segmented the global cloud computing market report on the basis of service, workload, deployment, enterprise size, end-use, and region:
Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 2027)
Workload Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 2027)
Application Development & Testing
Data Storage & Backup
Deployment Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 2027)
Enterprise Size Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 2027)
Small & Medium Enterprise
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2016 2027)
IT & Telecom
Retail & Consumer Goods
Energy & Utilities
Media & Entertainment
Government & Public Sector
Looking for more? Check out our repository for all available reports on Cloud Computing in related sectors.
Quick Read Table of Contents of this Report @ Cloud Computing Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19
Trusted Business InsightsShelly ArnoldMedia & Marketing ExecutiveEmail Me For Any ClarificationsConnect on LinkedInClick to follow Trusted Business Insights LinkedIn for Market Data and Updates.US: +1 646 568 9797UK: +44 330 808 0580
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Market Analysis highlights the impact of Covid-19 (2020-2025) | Top Players like A2 Hosting, SiteGround, InMotion,... - January 14th, 2021
- Anti-government website hosted in Montreal shut down after promoting armed protests in U.S. - CBC.ca - January 14th, 2021
- What Is Gab and Who Owns It? Learn More About the Platform Replacing Parler - Distractify - January 14th, 2021
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Market Overview, Boost Growth, Future Expectations, Key Developments And Forecast Till 2027 | Company1, Company2,... - January 14th, 2021
- There is huge demand for this one high paying job in South Africa - BusinessTech - January 14th, 2021
- Inflectra Expands Its Cloud Hosting to India - PRNewswire - January 12th, 2021
- Department of Education to Seek Cloud Hosting and Website Support and Development - MeriTalk - January 12th, 2021
- ServerWhere Launched Failover Cloud Servers in the U.S. and Europe - PRUnderground - January 12th, 2021
- How 5G and AI Are Creating an Architectural Revolution - Nextgov - January 12th, 2021
- Dade2, Cloud and IAAS Provider Introduces Opening of its Spanish Cloud Region - PR Web - January 12th, 2021
- The Slope Gets More Slippery As You Expect Content Moderation To Happen At The Infrastructure Layer - Techdirt - January 12th, 2021
- Pro-Trump Demonstration At Twitter Headquarters Appears To Be A Bust, Twitter Claims To Respect Peoples Right To Express Their Views: - CBS Denver - January 12th, 2021
- What is Gab? A far-right social alternative to Twitter - Business Insider - Business Insider - January 12th, 2021
- NICE Wins Technical Development Award at 2020 Symphony Hackathon for Integration with its Cloud-Based Messaging and Collaboration Platform - Business... - January 12th, 2021
- Expert Review: Application Hosting Market is Booming Worldwide to Reach Highest Growth | AWS, IBM, Rackspace, Google, Liquid Web, Microsoft -... - January 12th, 2021
- Bongino vows to fight Parler shutdown: 'I'll go bankrupt before I let this happen' - Fox News - January 12th, 2021
- Ben Domenech slams Big Tech over censorship of Trump, Parler: 'We really ought to be scared' - Fox News - January 12th, 2021
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market growth in New Research and Know about its Top growing factors by Key Companies like Med Tech Solutions Inc,... - January 12th, 2021
- Mediaite: Parler CEO says it took down post from Lin Wood calling for Mike Pence's execution - WDJT - January 12th, 2021
- Cloud and Dedicated Servers in Milan, Italy Launched by HCE - PRUnderground - January 4th, 2021
- Every Little Thing You Need to Know About Cloud Computing - Analytics Insight - January 4th, 2021
- Impact Analysis of Covid-19 On Cloud Web Hosting Services Market Expected to Showcase Extensive Growth at a Highest CAGR with- A2 Hosting, AccuWeb,... - January 4th, 2021
- How to run Hummingbot in the cloud? - Your Digital Wall - January 4th, 2021
- Cloudflare Introduces a Way to Build and Host Jamstack Sites with Cloudflare Pages - InfoQ.com - January 4th, 2021
- Global Cloud-Based VDI Market To Reach A New Threshold of Growth By 2026 - Factory Gate - January 4th, 2021
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Prediction after Covid Pandemic and Analysis Offered By New Study 2020 2026 - LionLowdown - January 4th, 2021
- Valeo Networks Acquires Etech Solutions, Further Expanding National MSSP Footprint in the Midwest Region - PRNewswire - January 4th, 2021
- Indonesia Data Center Colocation Services Market Report 2020: Increase in Adoption of Data-intensive Technologies to Boost the Growth Pipeline for... - January 4th, 2021
- (Update Report On) Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Forecast 2021-2026, Latest Trends and Opportunities| Med Tech Solutions Inc, Rackspace, Health... - January 4th, 2021
- The four (non-coronavirus) public sector tech trends that will define 2021 - PublicTechnology - January 4th, 2021
- Cloudflare is launching its very own cloud hosting service - TechRadar - December 23rd, 2020
- Marine Corps Issue RFI for Cloud Hosting and Migration of its Recruiting Info Support System - MeriTalk - December 23rd, 2020
- Banking of tomorrow with human and artificial intelligence - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - December 23rd, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Development, Innovation, Opportunities and Growth to 2026 - LionLowdown - December 23rd, 2020
- Behind the scenes of a scaling business: Private vs public which cloud is right for you? - Startland News - December 23rd, 2020
- Cybereason Adopts Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to Enhance its Platform Security - Infosecurity Magazine - December 23rd, 2020
- What are the Software Development Trends of 2021? - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - December 23rd, 2020
- The Top 21 Security Predictions for 2021 - Government Technology - December 23rd, 2020
- 2021 - The year of data extortion - DCD - DatacenterDynamics - December 23rd, 2020
- Digital Transformation Trends That Will Dominate Software Businesses in 2021 - Devdiscourse - December 23rd, 2020
- Scientists Braved the High Arctic to Chase Clouds on History's Largest Polar Trip - National Audubon Society - December 23rd, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Overview with Qualitative analysis, Competitive landscape & Forecast by 2027 - The Market Feed - November 30th, 2020
- 10 questions every agency should ask their managed hosting provider - The Drum - November 30th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market by Key Players, Product and Production Information analysis and forecast to 2026 - Murphy's Hockey Law - November 30th, 2020
- EdgeConnex Collaborates with Zenlayer to Improve Cloud Adoption - Database Trends and Applications - November 30th, 2020
- Radware Ranked by Gartner in Critical Capabilities for Cloud Web Application and API Protection Report - GlobeNewswire - November 30th, 2020
- Cloud ITSM Market Latest Report with Forecast to 2028 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - November 30th, 2020
- January is going to be a very eventful month here's an exclusive look at what's on the calendar - WRAL Tech Wire - November 30th, 2020
- Cloud Computing | RackCloudSpace | The Magazineplus - The Magazine Plus - November 28th, 2020
- Sagenext Relies on phoenixNAP to Deliver Superior Tax and Accounting Software Hosting Services - PR Web - November 28th, 2020
- Dundee City Council has moved IT workloads to the Cloud - DatacenterDynamics - November 28th, 2020
- VMware Reports Fiscal Year 2021 Third Quarter Results - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - November 28th, 2020
- Automation to shape cybersecurity activities in 2021 - Help Net Security - November 28th, 2020
- Professional Services Automation Market Share, Size, Analysis, Growth, Industry Statistics and Forecast 2025 - Khabar South Asia - November 28th, 2020
- End-user spending on India public cloud to rise nearly 30% next year - iTWire - November 28th, 2020
- This Week in Jobs DE: Gigs and giblets for the hungry job hunter - Technical.ly Delaware - November 28th, 2020
- Financial services companies are starting to use the cloud for big data and AI processing - TechRepublic - November 19th, 2020
- Latest Update 2020: Cloud Hosting Service Market by COVID19 Impact Analysis And Top Manufacturers: A2 Hosting, SiteGround, InMotion, HostGator,... - November 19th, 2020
- ICE plans $100 million in cloud spend on AWS and Azure - DatacenterDynamics - November 19th, 2020
- The Hyper Digitization Era Blessing in disguise for the technology industry - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host... - November 19th, 2020
- 'China-Backed Hacking Group' Allegedly Works on Global Campaign Targeting Automotives, Pharmaceutica - Tech Times - November 19th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Report Examines Analysis by Latest Trends, Growth Factors, Key Players and Forecast to 2028 - TechnoWeekly - November 19th, 2020
- Latest Study explores the Microserver Market Witness Highest Growth in near future - AlgosOnline - November 19th, 2020
- DLT Solutions Bolsters Hybrid Cloud, AI, Security and Other Software Offerings for the U.S. Public Sector with IBM Solutions - Inside NoVA - November 19th, 2020
- 8 Valuable Tips for Securing your Data on the Cloud in 2020 - DC Velocity - November 10th, 2020
- Public Cloud: The Indispensable Component for Businesses - HostReview.com - November 10th, 2020
- Datto Announces Third Quarter 2020 Financial Results Conference Call - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - November 10th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Size, Drivers, Potential Growth Opportunities, Competitive Landscape, Trends And Forecast To 2027 - Eurowire - November 10th, 2020
- Google Cloud and OVHcloud team up for European 'trusted cloud solution' partnership - Cloud Tech - November 10th, 2020
- Microsoft: New VS Code update is out plus here's what GitHub Codespaces will cost - ZDNet - November 10th, 2020
- Cloud service provider DC Two to float on the ASX as DC2 - iTMunch - November 10th, 2020
- Global It Infrastructure Services Market Analysis and Forecast to 2026 by Recent Trends, Development and Regional Growth Overview - Zenit News - November 10th, 2020
- Global Sales Force Automation Software Market Size, Analytical Overview, Growth Factors, Demand, Trends and Forecast to 2025 - AlgosOnline - November 10th, 2020
- SAP HANA Hosting Super-Powered by WorldPosta's Cloud "Pool of Resources" - PR Web - November 8th, 2020
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020 | Know the Companies List Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of COVID-19 | Top Companies:... - November 8th, 2020
- Create your own VPN for pennies with the cheapest virtual compute instance around - TechRadar - November 8th, 2020
- Web Hosting Services Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19 - Eurowire - November 8th, 2020
- How IONOS is looking towards privacy and Europe for a solid share of the cloud market - Cloud Tech - November 8th, 2020
- Cloud Infrastructure Services Market Research, Size, Share Analysis by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application to 2026 - PRnews Leader - November 8th, 2020
- What is web hosting? - Creative Bloq - November 8th, 2020