Until a few years ago, an entrepreneur wanting to launch an e-commerce business without a storage chain would have raised eyebrows. But, that was before dropshipping stormed into the world. Launched in 2016, BaapStore was among the early entrants in the Indian dropshipping space and was quick to seize the opportunity.
Currently working with over three lakh businesses and 50,000 products, the startup is helping aspiring entrepreneurs succeed with a robust retail chain management system that takes care of all e-commerce needs, right from creating a catalogue to delivering the product at the customers doorstep.
However, the journey to the top had its share of hits and misses for BaapStores founder Karthic Gurnani. Born into a family of entrepreneurs, he opted to kick off his professional journey with an IT job before starting his own discount coupon business in 2009. However, he had to shut the business down due to operational issues with retail chains after two years, only to start once again. In his second stint as an entrepreneur, Karthic started offering internet marketing services while selling products on eBay.
I got to know about dropshipping services by providing marketing and assistance services to many clients in the internet marketing business. I was also learning about e-commerce directly via eBay sales, shares Karthic.
In 2013-14, he also started selling products on Amazon. Within a few transactions, I saw how difficult it was to sell on Amazon as they had a more standardised procedure, right from clicking photographs to creating a catalogue. It was different from eBay, which was too easy. As Amazon offers a standardised experience to its buyers, its rules were difficult to follow. eBay was more of an open marketplace where every seller had his/her own policy, own content format, etc, he explains. The difference got Karthic thinking about how tedious the process might be for small sellers, when he himself found the process to be convoluted despite coming from a tech background and having worked with international dropshipping companies.
My observation turned out to be correct when I saw how small traders in Gujarat struggled to sell their products online because of such complexities and thats when I decided to enter the dropshipping sector, says Karthic.
With BaapStore, entrepreneurs wouldn't have to maintain an inventory to start their venture, unlike traditional businesses. The startup would provide them a catalogue of products which will be priced at wholesale cost.
Once they subscribe for the startups services by paying a fee, entrepreneurs can sell the products at retail profit via their website, marketplace or any other medium. When they get an order, the request is forwarded to the BaapStore backend, which then packages the product, ships it and delivers it to the customer.
Talking about the USPs of the startup, Karthic says, We provide products at wholesale prices and take care of the backend ecosystem. Even if one goes to wholesale markets and buys products worth crores of rupees, they still will be paying the same or even a higher price than what we offer our clients.
Calling BaapStore the perfect dropshipping platform for small traders and new entrepreneurs, Karthic says that the top selling categories are mobile accessories, womens wear and kitchen accessories.
If you are wondering about how dropshipping simplifies the job of running a business, here are a few ways:
Going from strength to strength, the startup now has over 4,000 stocking units as part of its retail chain management system. Since the COVID-19 outbreak in March 2020, BaapStores sales have grown by 2.5x.
With its cutting-edge dropshipping solutions, BaapStore is helping several small time entrepreneurs like Siraj Kumar who owns Max Cart Solutions to grow by leaps and bounds. An engineer-turned-entrepreneur, Siraj decided to leave his IT job three years ago for a more financially rewarding opportunity like running a business.
The Mumbai resident started looking for prospective models, and felt an e-commerce platform suited his needs best. But, the heavy investment required to launch an e-commerce business held Siraj back, until he learnt about BaapStores dropshipping services.
After we built him a website, he understood its features and started marketing it. Using free marketing options like Facebook Groups, Whatsapp and Instagram, Siraj saw his business expanding. He leveraged tools like Google Analytics to understand where his clients were coming from and the most-viewed products on his website, says Karthic.
With such analysis and promotions, he was able to get significant traffic to his website. He also deployed the coupon generator tool to garner user interest on various groups. The users who earlier used to just window-shop were later turning into buyers and thats how he started getting more sales. Meanwhile, our backend team ensured that the orders were duly fulfilled. Now, even his wife and father have joined him in running his online business, adds Karthic.
Explaining BaapStores future plans, Karthic says, When someone thinks of starting an online business or expanding their existing e-commerce business, they should never be worried about the investment on inventory. We would like to create an ecosystem with opportunities where every small seller has access to goods at the same price as the biggest seller, without having to invest a penny.
The number of online shoppers in India is expected to cross 250 million by 2022, while the country's e-commerce market is projected to end up somewhere between $100 billion and $140 billion by 2025, according to a report. The numbers underscore the opportunity that awaits entrepreneurs interested in foraying into the e-commerce sector. While managing a business might not be a walk in the park, with BaapStore one could eliminate the usual challenges in launching a venture to boost their shot at success.
To know more about BaapStore's dropshipping services, head over to their website.
- gotomyerp Becomes SOC 1 and 2 Certified - PR Web - May 1st, 2021
- Lessons Learned from Warehouse Management Systems in the Cloud - DC Velocity - April 28th, 2021
- Inside Google's soaring earnings: 'Our cloud services are helping businesses, big and small, accelerate their digital transformations'" - WRAL... - April 28th, 2021
- Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players Analysis-... - April 28th, 2021
- S/4HANA Cloud extended edition (EX): Buying team overview - TechTarget - April 28th, 2021
- Scooter's Coffee to open another outlet on Highway 58 and more business news - Chattanooga Times Free Press - April 28th, 2021
- Application Hosting Market is Anticipated to touch USD XX Mn size by 2026 Clark County Blog - Clark County Blog - April 28th, 2021
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Research Report by Type, by Application, by End User Global Forecast to 2027 Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 ... - April 28th, 2021
- Using IBM Cloud As Host, Ocucon Introduces Pixelate In The US Market - SecurityInformed - April 28th, 2021
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2021 Global Trends, Share, Growth, Analysis, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 | Amazon Web Services, AT... - April 28th, 2021
- Cenmax added a new Japan Location to its Cloud Service - Virtual-Strategy Magazine - April 28th, 2021
- Cloud technology services How they drive tangible innovation for businesses today - ITProPortal - April 28th, 2021
- Developing Africa as a continent through interconnection - ITWeb - April 12th, 2021
- OVHcloud US Announces New Scale and High-Grade Ranges of Bare Metal Servers - Business Wire - April 8th, 2021
- At 31.8% CAGR, Bare Metal Cloud Market is Surging with $12,287.1 Million Led by Internap Corporation, Rackspace Hosting, Joyent, Packet Host, Scaleway... - April 8th, 2021
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Demand with Industry Growth Trends, Competitive Landscape & Business Opportunities by 2026 The Bisouv Network - The... - April 8th, 2021
- Kubernetes Technology: It's Time to Consider the Perks! - RTInsights - April 8th, 2021
- TelcoSwitch makes second acquisition of 2021 with PBX Hosting - ComputerWeekly.com - April 8th, 2021
- Liquid Web partners with Threat Stack to provide Threat Stack Oversight to managed hosting customers - SecurityInfoWatch - April 8th, 2021
- Cloud Web Hosting Services Market Trend, Technology Innovations and Growth Pred - Business-newsupdate.com - April 8th, 2021
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players Analysis-... - April 8th, 2021
- Free guide for local authorities and housing providers about cloud solutions in TEC - AT Today - April 8th, 2021
- Dominion Hosting S p A : DHH will join the 16th Edition of the SMALLCAP EVENT 2021 | MarketScreener - Marketscreener.com - April 8th, 2021
- project44 to Host First Digital Age of Trucking Event - Business Wire - April 8th, 2021
- Global Application Hosting Market 2021: Key Trends and Growing Demand by 2026 The Bisouv Network - The Bisouv Network - March 27th, 2021
- From private to public: Amadeus on working with Microsoft to change up its cloud strategy - ComputerWeekly.com - March 27th, 2021
- Kubient Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Results - PRNewswire - March 27th, 2021
- Pandemic Insights Secures $5M Series A Financing From Convergence Ventures - Business Wire - March 27th, 2021
- Virtual Private Server or Dedicated Server? Which solution is best for your business? Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News -... - March 24th, 2021
- The 9 Best Cloud Hosting Providers 2021 | Ranked and Reviewed - March 24th, 2021
- DigitalOcean: The IPO Deep Dive - The Deep Dive - March 24th, 2021
- Cloud Migration Market May See Big Move with Major Giants : Rackspace Hosting Inc., Accenture PLC, VMware Inc. - The Courier - March 24th, 2021
- Cloud Computing Will Be a Goldmine in the Post Covid-Era - Entrepreneur - March 24th, 2021
- Combat Networks Announces the Acquisition of Infrastructure and Managed Services experts, Duologik and GDL Solutions - Business Wire - March 24th, 2021
- Protecting women in the cloud: eSafety hopes the Online Safety Act will do just that - ZDNet - March 24th, 2021
- Bare Metal Cloud Market 2021 Insights with Statistics and Growth Prediction Oracle Corporation, Packet, IBM Corporation, Centurylink Incorporation,... - March 24th, 2021
- CXO Research: 58% of Data Backups are Failing, Creating Data Protection Challenges and Limiting Digital Transformation Initiatives - Business Wire - March 24th, 2021
- Oracle specialist teams with ADC to address federal market - iTWire - March 24th, 2021
- Tribal Group wins five-year SaaS contract with NZ tertiary education institution - iTWire - March 24th, 2021
- Disaster recovery and the cloud - three options for 24/7 businesses - ITProPortal - March 16th, 2021
- The inventor of the WorldWideWeb exclusively at CloudFest! Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - March 16th, 2021
- Another top cloud vendor picks AMD processors over Intel - TechRadar - March 16th, 2021
- Getting to the cloud can be a challenge, but GSA is ready to help - Federal News Network - March 16th, 2021
- Sherweb Executives On Bringing Cloud Services, Security To MSPs - CRN - March 16th, 2021
- Businesses Take Advantage of the Many Benefits the Cloud Offers - Press Release - Digital Journal - March 16th, 2021
- Cloudburst: Hard lessons learned from the OVH datacenter blaze - VentureBeat - March 16th, 2021
- Global Web Hosting Services Market Report 2021: Market is Forecast to Reach $204.6 Billion by 2024 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - March 16th, 2021
- Worldwide Disclosure Management Industry to 2026 - North America is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - March 16th, 2021
- Beware! SMS for Income Tax Refund with Links is Fraud; Users Are Lured to Fake Sites of IT Dept, SBI, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, PNB and HDFC Bank -... - March 16th, 2021
- 25 FICS Customers Featured in Mortgage Bankers Association's 2020 Year-End Rankings of Top Commercial/Multifamily Servicers - Business Wire - March 16th, 2021
- This could be the biggest year yet for web hosting - TechRadar - March 16th, 2021
- Four Benefits Of Using Shopware Hosting Services That You Should Know About - Siliconindia.com - March 16th, 2021
- Lattice Partners with DARPA Toolbox Initiative to Accelerate Technology Innovation - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily... - March 16th, 2021
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market 2021 Global Industry Size, Share, Business Growth, Revenue|Med Tech Solutions Inc, Rackspace, Health Catalyst,... - March 16th, 2021
- SBI, HDFC, PNB, ICICI, Axis Bank customers should be beware of this banking fraud! - India TV News - March 16th, 2021
- Executives from Tech Giants Join Board of Internet Infrastructure Pioneer Syntropy - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily... - March 16th, 2021
- 6 Best Linux Hosting Options in 2021 Benzinga - Benzinga - March 16th, 2021
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2021 Competitive Insights and Precise Outlook -Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft, Tata Communications The... - March 10th, 2021
- "CloudFest will be the place to meet the international cloud ecosystem" - Christian Jger, CEO, CloudFest - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing |... - March 10th, 2021
- Cloud Entitlements Are the New Security Perimeter: Wipro State of the Cybersecurity Report 2020 - Security Boulevard - March 10th, 2021
- Everywhere Enterprise: What should we expect? - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - March 10th, 2021
- Bubble Honored in Fast Company's 2021 World's Most Innovative Companies - PR Web - March 10th, 2021
- Trifacta Partners with Google Cloud to Host First-Ever Data Engineering Summit - Business Wire - March 8th, 2021
- Thycotic commentator: your endpoints just followed Elvis out the building - Tech Wire Asia - March 8th, 2021
- Cloud leaks plagued thousands of mobile apps - Inside Wales Sport - March 8th, 2021
- InMotion vs SiteGround: Which web host is the best? - Devdiscourse - March 8th, 2021
- Nine Masts Capital Selects Bare Cove Technology as Their Cloud Technology Partner - Business Wire - March 6th, 2021
- Banking software provider DPR continues to further strengthen its cloud proposition with Microsoft Azure and a new partnership with Six Degrees -... - March 6th, 2021
- DPR connects with Six Degrees on Microsoft Azure - Finextra - Finextra - March 6th, 2021
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Share, Growth, Trend Analysis And Forecast From 2020-2025; Consumption Capacity By Volume And Production Value ... - March 6th, 2021
- Comprehensive Report on Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market 2021 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 | Med Tech Solutions... - March 6th, 2021
- What is a URL Redirection? - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - March 6th, 2021
- Cloud Services Are Top-Of-Mind for Phishers - Infosecurity Magazine - March 6th, 2021
- Parler Is Back Online, Running On Cloud Hosting Provider SkySilk - Data Center Knowledge - February 21st, 2021
- ResellerClub's Big Birthday Bash Sale Celebrates 15 Years of Business with up to 60% off on Web Hosting & More - PR Newswire India - February 21st, 2021
- Welcome to the age of Cloud 2.0 and what it can offer your agency - Federal News Network - February 21st, 2021
- Innovative Hires Top Cloud Exec to Accelerate Growth with AWS - PRNewswire - February 21st, 2021
- Commencing a digital transformation journey with application modernization - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host... - February 21st, 2021
- The Pros and Cons of Kubernetes-Based Hybrid Cloud - Data Center Knowledge - February 21st, 2021
- WHAT IS THE PRIVACY ARGUMENT BETWEEN FACEBOOK AND APPLE? - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - February 21st, 2021