Senior Vice President EMEA at Nutanix, Sammy Zoghlami explores recent research into multi-cloud and hybrid cloud adoption
Technology has become a core component of a customers experience with an organisation, no matter the vertical market. As a result, businesses require technology that provides flexibility and security, and that cost effectively allows the organisation to change according to altering customer behaviour. A recent study, the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Index 2019, reveals that hybrid cloud is becoming business infrastructure; indeed, hybrid cloud is providing the necessary security and agility that businesses in 2020 require.
Poor customer experience will damage 30% of digital business projects, according to analyst house Gartner, placing the technology team and its infrastructure choices right at the heart of the bottom line and brand perception of every business, every day. Your business results depend on your brands ability to retain and add customers, says Olive Huang, Research Director at Gartner.
Against a backdrop of an increased demand to meet the expectations of customers and to deliver new digital products and services, it is not surprising that the Enterprise Cloud Index 2019 shows that there will be significant adoption of hybrid cloud across the EMEA region over the next three to five years. Indeed, 53% of respondents stated a plan to adopt hybrid cloud by 2024 and 84% of EMEA respondents cited hybrid cloud as the ideal IT operating model.
With businesses requiring increasing levels of flexibility, the portability of hybrid cloud can deliver the same level of flexibility to an organisations infrastructure. The Enterprise Cloud Index further demonstrates that customer-centric technology teams realise and value this portability. Nearly 20% of respondents cited interoperability as a key benefit of hybrid cloud and 16% said application mobility was a major benefit. As organisations require applications to scale up and down according to customer demands, the business requires an infrastructure that can move an application back and forth between private and public cloud with ease.
Promotions, major events and partnerships require an infrastructure that can scale up significantly to meet a marketing programme or scale back and reduce operational costs during a national holiday, for example. Over 10% of respondents therefore cited the ability to match the right cloud to the right application and the right use case as one of the benefits they were seeking from adopting hybrid cloud.
This same need for flexible and customer friendly infrastructure is driving a shift from multi-cloud to hybrid cloud, according to the respondents to the Enterprise Cloud Index. Over nine per cent of respondents are currently using multi-cloud environments and over 22% plan to be using multi-cloud in the next 12 to 24 months. However, as digital customer services mature, the study reveals that in three to five years, more than half (52%) of respondents will have moved to hybrid cloud and only 19% will continue with multi-cloud environments.
Interestingly, the Enterprise Cloud Index reveals a drop in hybrid cloud adoption during 2019 compared to what the same study for 2018 said was going to happen. 2019 witnessed an increase in traditional datacentre usage for desktop application hosting, CRM and ERP applications, databases, analytics, as well as backup and recovery. There was also a corresponding drop in the use of private cloud during this period. 2019 was the year that saw regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into force and some corresponding major changes in operating models, which may be behind this trend.
The Enterprise Cloud Index reveals challenging approaches to security when it comes to the adoption of hybrid cloud, as well as some real business and, therefore, customer concerns.
Security was cited as one of the main ways hybrid cloud can benefit an organisation, but interestingly there remains a high level of concern that hybrid cloud decreases the security of an organisation. Nearly 20% of respondents believe hybrid cloud will increase data security and compliance in the organisation.
Hybrid cloud was said to be inherently secure by 26.5% of respondents in EMEA, two per cent lower than respondents in the Americas and three per cent lower than their peers in the Asia Pacific and Japan market. Hybrid cloud is seen as significantly more secure than public cloud (8.7%) of respondents and multi-cloud (7.7%), but not significantly more secure than an on-premise private cloud, which was backed by 20.4% of respondents.
The Enterprise Cloud Index highlighted the common concern of business technology leaders towards access to cloud and cybersecurity skills. Across all markets, organisations are finding these skills scarce.
Across EMEA, the Enterprise Cloud Index demonstrates that public cloud budgets are over exceeding limitations, according to 31.7% of respondents and five per cent are majorly over budget. That said, it is clear that organisations looking for an infrastructure that gives them customer-centricity are looking at hybrid cloud as the method that will enable the flexibility they require.
As the Enterprise Cloud Index reveals, hybrid cloud is seen by business technology leaders as the way to provide organisations with the flexibility they require for todays ever changing market dynamics. The results reveal that organisations expect agility and interoperability as customer demands flex. Old rigid forms of infrastructure fail to meet the needs of businesses that are focused on their customers. Security remains a topic of debate in the modern enterprise, but as the Enterprise Cloud Index demonstrates, the infrastructure of tomorrow will be both secure and adaptable.
Read the original post:
Hybrid cloud - The business infrastructure of tomorrow - Techerati
- The impact of the coronavirus on the Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Solid Analyzed Segmentation, Demand, Recent Share Estimation and Growth... - May 26th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2020 by Company, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 - News Distinct - May 26th, 2020
- Apple @ Work: What are the best management options for Ubiquiti networks? - 9to5Mac - May 26th, 2020
- Organizations plan to migrate most apps to the cloud in the next year - Help Net Security - May 26th, 2020
- Texas planned to replace outdated unemployment system, but pandemic hit first - Longview News-Journal - May 26th, 2020
- Weekly Update: Global Coronavirus Impact and Implications on Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Forecast Report Offers Key Insights, Key Drivers,... - May 26th, 2020
- Global Cloud-based Content Management Services Market Projected to Reach USD XX.XX billion by 2025- OpenText, IBM, Adobe Systems, Oracle, SDL,... - May 26th, 2020
- Vodafone Idea Recognised as Innovator of the Year at Red Hat Summit 2020 - Technuter - May 26th, 2020
- Cloud-based Database Market 2020 | Top Business Growing Strategies, Technological Innovation and Emerging Trends of Outlook To 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- New study Global Cloud Based Database Market 2019 | Growth Opportunities, Investment Feasibility, Market Share And Forecast 2025 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- Disaster Recovery as a Service: Everything You Need to Know - The Fast Mode - May 23rd, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Companies Help Customers Contain Costs Winning Trust and Loyalty - EnterpriseAI - May 17th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Research, Size, Share Analysis By Manufacturers, Regions, Type And Application To 2025 - News Distinct - May 17th, 2020
- Illinois advances pioneering proposal for utility rate recovery of cloud computing investments - Utility Dive - May 17th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 17th, 2020
- I.T. Ideas Inc. and Sytex Ltd win the 2020 Three Best Rated Award for Best IT Service Companies in Canada - PRUnderground - May 17th, 2020
- COVID-19: Responding to the business impacts of Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market: Extensive Analysis of Key Segments of the Industry and Emerging... - May 17th, 2020
- Global Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Outlook, Opportunities, Key Players, Growth, Competitive Landscape, Trends and Forecast by 2026 - Cole of... - May 17th, 2020
- These are the richest people in North Wales in 2020 - Daily Post - May 17th, 2020
- Global Cloud-based Database Market 2020 Growth, Innovations, Demand, Size, Revenue, Emerging Trends, Players, Type, Applications, New Development and... - May 17th, 2020
- Locked Down But Not Out, Hyderabadi Haleem Can Still Be Had this Ramzan - The Wire - May 17th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2020 Benefits, Key Market Plans, Forthcoming Developments, Business Opportunities & Future Investments... - May 12th, 2020
- Bare Metal Cloud Market Industry Expected to Witness Significant Revenue Growth Through 2020-2025: IBM Corporation, Dell Inc., Rackspace Hosting Inc -... - May 12th, 2020
- ITRenew and Hydro66 Join Forces in Sweden to Reduce the Cost and Carbon Footprint of Hosting Data at Scale for Enterprises Across the EU - Yahoo... - May 12th, 2020
- Delivery Lead II - AWS job with AARP | 41014045 - Washington Post - May 12th, 2020
- Global Cloud Based Database Market Global Key Players, Trends and Technology Development Forecast to 2025. - Cole of Duty - May 12th, 2020
- Josiah Hincks ensure business continuity by going hosted with DPS - Legal Futures - May 12th, 2020
- Latest Update 2020: Infrastructure as a Service Market by COVID19 Impact Analysis And Top Manufacturers: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft... - May 12th, 2020
- Warren Buffett Probably Won't Buy These 3 Stocks, but You Probably Should - The Motley Fool - May 10th, 2020
- GitHub gets a built-in IDE with Codespaces, discussion forums and more - TechCrunch - May 10th, 2020
- Putting people first to enable effective working from home - Business Post - May 10th, 2020
- Multi-Cloud Platforms Offer Up Key New Capabilities and Differentiation - CXOToday.com - May 10th, 2020
- 5 benefits of switching to cloud hosting - KnowTechie - May 4th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Size by Top Key Players, Growth Opportunities, Incremental Revenue , Outlook and Forecasts to 2026 - Latest Herald - May 4th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Size by Top Key Players, Growth Opportunities, Incremental Revenue , Outlook and Forecasts to 2026 - Latest... - May 4th, 2020
- Top 10 Cloud Technology Market Expected to Witness Significant Growth in the Forecast Years 2017-2025 - Latest Herald - May 4th, 2020
- Yellowbrick Partners With ScaleMatrix to Expand Free Solution for COVID-19 Vaccine Research - Business Wire - May 4th, 2020
- June events 'on the horizon': Previewing more than 50 events across NC - WRAL Tech Wire - May 4th, 2020
- Battle Royale: Which of These Indian Video Conferencing Apps Would Win Govt Challenge? - 360TopNews - May 4th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 28th, 2020
- Without cloud computing, businesses would now be in even deeper trouble - ZDNet - April 28th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Size, Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and... - April 28th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 28th, 2020
- Keep the cash flowing in your recruitment business - Onrec - April 28th, 2020
- CANCOM: Very high growth rates in the cloud segment and recurring revenues in the financial year 2019; moderate growth of Group expected for 2020. -... - April 28th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Innovations, Revenue Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Trends by Forecast 2025 - Latest Herald - April 28th, 2020
- Triangle event headliners: Previewing 70 events & deadlines through the end of May - WRAL Tech Wire - April 28th, 2020
- COVID-19 and the Migration to SAP S/4 HANA - JD Supra - April 23rd, 2020
- Provide remote access with cloud hosting - InnovationMap - April 23rd, 2020
- Case study: How to quickly build and deliver a cloud-agnostic product - Cloud Tech - April 23rd, 2020
- SVG SportsTech On Demand: EEG's John Voorheis on the Role of Falcon, Lexi in Live Stream Captioning - Sports Video Group - April 23rd, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2020 Demand, Trend, Latest Techniques, Innovations, Applications, Analysis and 2025 Industry Growth... - April 23rd, 2020
- 4 Reasons to Move to QuickBooks Hosting in 2020 - HostReview.com - April 22nd, 2020
- Laplink Helps IT Transition to Azure Active Directory with Free Migration Tool - Yahoo Finance - April 22nd, 2020
- Considering a move from colocation to cloud? Here's how to build a solid business case - Techerati - April 22nd, 2020
- Scaleway disarms its ARM64 cloud, cites unreliable hardware as the reason - The Register - April 22nd, 2020
- AWS doubles the performance of its Snowball Edge device and adds new software - SiliconANGLE - April 22nd, 2020
- AWS Cape Town region goes live - MyBroadband - April 22nd, 2020
- Valuation Risks Keep DocuSign Stock From Being a Buy - Investorplace.com - April 22nd, 2020
- Cloud hosting firm anticipating strong revenue and EBITDA improvements - The Business Desk - April 20th, 2020
- Cloudflare wants to put an end to BGP hijacking and leaks - TechRadar - April 20th, 2020
- CHILI publish Introduces CHILI publisher Online the SaaS Editing Solution for All Web2print Service Providers - What They Think - April 20th, 2020
- 8 Takeaways and Recommendations for the Age of AI in Asia - Fintech News Singapore - April 20th, 2020
- Business Continuity in the Wake of COVID-19 - Techwire.net - April 20th, 2020
- Remote learning: Telecom providers must come to the party - Daily Maverick - April 20th, 2020
- VAST Data's latest funding round has the company valued at $1.2B - DataCenterNews North America - April 20th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting vs Dedicated Server Hosting Which one is better? - PC-Tablet - April 9th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Research Report: Market Analysis on the Future Growth Prospects and Market Trends Adopted by the... - April 9th, 2020
- Demand for e-learning continues to grow as Moodle announces their newest Certified Moodle Partner: South Africa-based company The Training Room Online... - April 9th, 2020
- Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services Market What Factors will drive the Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid... - April 9th, 2020
- Latest Technology Trends in Business - 1redDrop - April 9th, 2020
- Global Video Hosting Software Market Analysis, Growth By Top Companies, Trends By Types and Application, Forecast To 2024 - Science In Me - April 9th, 2020
- AWS: the worlds most comprehensive cloud platform - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - April 6th, 2020
- Summit Hosting Offers 90 Days of Free Cloud Hosting to Help Small and Medium Businesses Operate Remotely During COVID-19 - Benzinga - April 6th, 2020
- Why large non-profits opt for small hosting companies over the cloud - BestTechie - April 6th, 2020
- Special Report on Cloud ERP in the Aftermath of COVID-19 to Be Hosted by ERP Advisors Group - EconomyWatch.com - April 6th, 2020
- On the tech horizon: Here's a look at what's coming across NC in May - WRAL Tech Wire - April 6th, 2020
- Top 9 Reasons Your District Should be Moving to the Cloud - STN Media - School Transportation News - April 1st, 2020
- MSPs: Time to Reinvent - Channel Futures - April 1st, 2020
- Global Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 Industry Statistics on Key Trends, Growth and Opportunities to 2025 - Monroe Scoop - April 1st, 2020