The Kubernetes-enabled enterprise software wake-up call should not be overlooked, especially for those in the C-suite responsible for future-proofing business operations.
Kubernetes is a powerful enterprise software development and a key enabler for what has become an essential strategy for cloud computing, containerization. The fast-growing preference for open-source technology facilitates the containerization method that makes configuring systems more straightforward and software deployment faster, all while increasing reliability and enhancing the efficiency of compute resources. Kubernetes is taking on an essential role in enterprise software development.
Predictions from Gartner place Kubernetes at the forefront of enterprise software development, claiming that 70 percent of global organizations will be operating with more than two containerized applications by 2023up from the 20 percent in 2019. Kubernetes introduces real advantages, unlike other provisioning software methods, such as virtual machines, meaning a real showcase of deployment, scaling, and management capabilities. Through a cohesive use of Kubernetes as part of an enterprise technology stack, the gates for vital new productivity and profit margin gains can be opened.
See also: Mitigating Kubernetes Security Gaps
A recent VMware study found that 95 percent of participants recognized benefits from Kubernetes, with 56 percent explaining that they experienced improved resource utilizationsignifying a reduced spend on the private or public cloud compute resources that naturally house enterprise applications. An additional 33 percent of respondents said Kubernetes delivered lower public cloud costs.
Virtual machines are one of the most prevalent formsof provisioning software, with each machine including a guest operating system,a copy of the software it provisions, and a hypervisor to assign computingresources across various operating applications and systems. All of thesedifferent components consume system resources. Virtual machines are relatively stagnant,meaning it is hard to move them back and forth between on-premises servers,private clouds, or the public cloud.
A containerized software application runs on anexternal operating system, so it will reduce the number of compute resources neededto run the multiple guest operating systems. In many circumstances, a companymay be able to activate multiple containerized applications on the serverresources that previously could only accommodate one application. Central toolswithin the container manage how these applications use server resources, sowhen combined with the fact that there is no multiple operating systems left tomanage, administrative overheads are significantly reduced.
But here is the crowning achievementthe start-uptime for containerized applications with Kubernetes is remarkably faster thanthose on a virtual machine, significantly improving user engagement and timeefficiencyin milliseconds rather than minutes.
Kubernetes have instant scaling networkabilities, which are widely valued by enterprise IT experts, a sought-aftercapability considering the increasing unpredictability of business and marketenvironments. Rapid changes in demand for products or services can often belimited by finite compute resources from enterprise architecture that cannotscale quickly enough, leading to lost business, a poor customer experience, oreven business failure.
Constantly changing or resetting processes and requirements is now more important than ever as the set it and forget it days of ERP or other enterprise technology roll out become a bygone. Now, acquired divisions, changing customer demands, dynamic go-to-market strategies, and the introduction of disruptive technologies such as the internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), and augmented/virtual reality (ARVR), all mean the enterprise stack must be updated on an increasingly regular basis.
Results from the VMware study show that 53percent of respondents agree that development cycles were made quicker byKubernetes. Having Kubernetes rooted within an enterprise software platform canhelp providers fast track the introduction of new software features andcapabilities to the market and, therefore, into the hands of customers. In exchange,businesses themselves can quickly adapt to changes in the market and governingenvironment and even turn that agility into a competitive advantage, beating rivalsto market or course-correcting faster than they can.
In the meantime,the inevitable move of business systems to the cloud continues. In 2019, we conducted astudy of 600 businessdecision-makers from around the world to assess cloud migration progress andstrategies. When we compared that data with data from a similar IFS study in2012, the percentage of companies now relying on various forms of cloudenterprise software provisioning almost doubled, while the percentage ofcompanies with on-premises solutions almost halved.
But in a cloud-first environment, executives stillrecognize certain scenarios favor on-premises deployment or even need to bemoved back and forth between public cloud, private cloud, or on-premise. Equally,an on-premises or private cloud application may need to seamlessly make use ofcompute resources in a public cloud to handle peak or hockey stick demand. Kubernetesenabled applications just make this simpler.
Kubernetes can help orchestrate containerization in an assemblyof environments, including hosting software on a vendors cloud, self-hostingby a business, or in a hybrid environment where the core application stack is self-hosted. Butseveral of the application services are accessed as cloud services run by thesoftware vendor. The hybridoption allows businesses to offload some of the deployment complexity.
This means functions that might be better held closed rather than placed in a public or even private cloud due to regulatory orpractical considerations can be run on-premises or wherever is most suitablefor the customer. That instance of software can be augmented by services fromthe software vendor ranging from reporting, optimization engines, cognitiveservices, and more. Thanks to Kubernetes, different parts of the applicationcan be run from separate servers on-premise, private cloud, public cloud all depending on what makes sense to the end-user.
The use of Kubernetes within the software stackas a container orchestration tool will ensure essential security provisions arewell respected throughout the change. One benefit of containerization is theability to quickly move new software into production, enabling rapid change anddigital transformation. But as every CIO will appreciate, with new deploymentcomes new security issuesrules and policies must be enforced as theapplication changes. Which external device or system is authorized to accessthe software? Which users are enabled to view and interact with which data?Which roles in the organization have which access permissions? This scale ofmanagement is easier if security is addressed early in the software developmentprocesswhich means there are security benefits if Kubernetes andcontainerization are delivered as part of a packaged software application.
The most advanced enterprise software applications will graduallyown the Kubernetes container orchestration process in ways that automaticallyrespects the security and permissions reflected in the application as a whole.Enterprise applications will deliver the software services in the form ofDocker containers, orchestrated by Kubernetes. This will provide the scalingbenefits of having regional Kubernetes clusters serve multiple customers, and thesoftware vendor will ensure the application retains full separation and privacyof customers solutions through the use of customer-specific Kubernetesnamespaces, network separation, encryption, and database instances. Enterprisesoftware vendors not intent on selling their own proprietary technology canmake use of packaged Kubernetes environments such as MicrosoftAzure Kubernetes Service in their technology stack.
The Kubernetes-enabled enterprise softwarewake-up call should not be overlooked, especially for those in the C-suiteresponsible for future-proofing business operations. As enterprise softwarebecomes progressively more cloud intuitive, businesses are required tocontinually alter their processesKubernetes top seat at the table is surely withoutchallenge it offers the scalability, security, and flexibility to practicallyadapt to these changes.
Read the original:
Kubernetes Technology: It's Time to Consider the Perks! - RTInsights
- gotomyerp Becomes SOC 1 and 2 Certified - PR Web - May 1st, 2021
- Lessons Learned from Warehouse Management Systems in the Cloud - DC Velocity - April 28th, 2021
- Inside Google's soaring earnings: 'Our cloud services are helping businesses, big and small, accelerate their digital transformations'" - WRAL... - April 28th, 2021
- Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players Analysis-... - April 28th, 2021
- S/4HANA Cloud extended edition (EX): Buying team overview - TechTarget - April 28th, 2021
- Scooter's Coffee to open another outlet on Highway 58 and more business news - Chattanooga Times Free Press - April 28th, 2021
- Application Hosting Market is Anticipated to touch USD XX Mn size by 2026 Clark County Blog - Clark County Blog - April 28th, 2021
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Research Report by Type, by Application, by End User Global Forecast to 2027 Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 ... - April 28th, 2021
- Using IBM Cloud As Host, Ocucon Introduces Pixelate In The US Market - SecurityInformed - April 28th, 2021
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2021 Global Trends, Share, Growth, Analysis, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 | Amazon Web Services, AT... - April 28th, 2021
- Cenmax added a new Japan Location to its Cloud Service - Virtual-Strategy Magazine - April 28th, 2021
- Cloud technology services How they drive tangible innovation for businesses today - ITProPortal - April 28th, 2021
- Developing Africa as a continent through interconnection - ITWeb - April 12th, 2021
- OVHcloud US Announces New Scale and High-Grade Ranges of Bare Metal Servers - Business Wire - April 8th, 2021
- At 31.8% CAGR, Bare Metal Cloud Market is Surging with $12,287.1 Million Led by Internap Corporation, Rackspace Hosting, Joyent, Packet Host, Scaleway... - April 8th, 2021
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Demand with Industry Growth Trends, Competitive Landscape & Business Opportunities by 2026 The Bisouv Network - The... - April 8th, 2021
- TelcoSwitch makes second acquisition of 2021 with PBX Hosting - ComputerWeekly.com - April 8th, 2021
- Liquid Web partners with Threat Stack to provide Threat Stack Oversight to managed hosting customers - SecurityInfoWatch - April 8th, 2021
- Cloud Web Hosting Services Market Trend, Technology Innovations and Growth Pred - Business-newsupdate.com - April 8th, 2021
- How BaapStore is helping small businesses crack the e-commerce code with dropshipping formula - YourStory - April 8th, 2021
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players Analysis-... - April 8th, 2021
- Free guide for local authorities and housing providers about cloud solutions in TEC - AT Today - April 8th, 2021
- Dominion Hosting S p A : DHH will join the 16th Edition of the SMALLCAP EVENT 2021 | MarketScreener - Marketscreener.com - April 8th, 2021
- project44 to Host First Digital Age of Trucking Event - Business Wire - April 8th, 2021
- Global Application Hosting Market 2021: Key Trends and Growing Demand by 2026 The Bisouv Network - The Bisouv Network - March 27th, 2021
- From private to public: Amadeus on working with Microsoft to change up its cloud strategy - ComputerWeekly.com - March 27th, 2021
- Kubient Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Results - PRNewswire - March 27th, 2021
- Pandemic Insights Secures $5M Series A Financing From Convergence Ventures - Business Wire - March 27th, 2021
- Virtual Private Server or Dedicated Server? Which solution is best for your business? Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News -... - March 24th, 2021
- The 9 Best Cloud Hosting Providers 2021 | Ranked and Reviewed - March 24th, 2021
- DigitalOcean: The IPO Deep Dive - The Deep Dive - March 24th, 2021
- Cloud Migration Market May See Big Move with Major Giants : Rackspace Hosting Inc., Accenture PLC, VMware Inc. - The Courier - March 24th, 2021
- Cloud Computing Will Be a Goldmine in the Post Covid-Era - Entrepreneur - March 24th, 2021
- Combat Networks Announces the Acquisition of Infrastructure and Managed Services experts, Duologik and GDL Solutions - Business Wire - March 24th, 2021
- Protecting women in the cloud: eSafety hopes the Online Safety Act will do just that - ZDNet - March 24th, 2021
- Bare Metal Cloud Market 2021 Insights with Statistics and Growth Prediction Oracle Corporation, Packet, IBM Corporation, Centurylink Incorporation,... - March 24th, 2021
- CXO Research: 58% of Data Backups are Failing, Creating Data Protection Challenges and Limiting Digital Transformation Initiatives - Business Wire - March 24th, 2021
- Oracle specialist teams with ADC to address federal market - iTWire - March 24th, 2021
- Tribal Group wins five-year SaaS contract with NZ tertiary education institution - iTWire - March 24th, 2021
- Disaster recovery and the cloud - three options for 24/7 businesses - ITProPortal - March 16th, 2021
- The inventor of the WorldWideWeb exclusively at CloudFest! Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - March 16th, 2021
- Another top cloud vendor picks AMD processors over Intel - TechRadar - March 16th, 2021
- Getting to the cloud can be a challenge, but GSA is ready to help - Federal News Network - March 16th, 2021
- Sherweb Executives On Bringing Cloud Services, Security To MSPs - CRN - March 16th, 2021
- Businesses Take Advantage of the Many Benefits the Cloud Offers - Press Release - Digital Journal - March 16th, 2021
- Cloudburst: Hard lessons learned from the OVH datacenter blaze - VentureBeat - March 16th, 2021
- Global Web Hosting Services Market Report 2021: Market is Forecast to Reach $204.6 Billion by 2024 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - March 16th, 2021
- Worldwide Disclosure Management Industry to 2026 - North America is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - March 16th, 2021
- Beware! SMS for Income Tax Refund with Links is Fraud; Users Are Lured to Fake Sites of IT Dept, SBI, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, PNB and HDFC Bank -... - March 16th, 2021
- 25 FICS Customers Featured in Mortgage Bankers Association's 2020 Year-End Rankings of Top Commercial/Multifamily Servicers - Business Wire - March 16th, 2021
- This could be the biggest year yet for web hosting - TechRadar - March 16th, 2021
- Four Benefits Of Using Shopware Hosting Services That You Should Know About - Siliconindia.com - March 16th, 2021
- Lattice Partners with DARPA Toolbox Initiative to Accelerate Technology Innovation - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily... - March 16th, 2021
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market 2021 Global Industry Size, Share, Business Growth, Revenue|Med Tech Solutions Inc, Rackspace, Health Catalyst,... - March 16th, 2021
- SBI, HDFC, PNB, ICICI, Axis Bank customers should be beware of this banking fraud! - India TV News - March 16th, 2021
- Executives from Tech Giants Join Board of Internet Infrastructure Pioneer Syntropy - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily... - March 16th, 2021
- 6 Best Linux Hosting Options in 2021 Benzinga - Benzinga - March 16th, 2021
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2021 Competitive Insights and Precise Outlook -Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft, Tata Communications The... - March 10th, 2021
- "CloudFest will be the place to meet the international cloud ecosystem" - Christian Jger, CEO, CloudFest - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing |... - March 10th, 2021
- Cloud Entitlements Are the New Security Perimeter: Wipro State of the Cybersecurity Report 2020 - Security Boulevard - March 10th, 2021
- Everywhere Enterprise: What should we expect? - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - March 10th, 2021
- Bubble Honored in Fast Company's 2021 World's Most Innovative Companies - PR Web - March 10th, 2021
- Trifacta Partners with Google Cloud to Host First-Ever Data Engineering Summit - Business Wire - March 8th, 2021
- Thycotic commentator: your endpoints just followed Elvis out the building - Tech Wire Asia - March 8th, 2021
- Cloud leaks plagued thousands of mobile apps - Inside Wales Sport - March 8th, 2021
- InMotion vs SiteGround: Which web host is the best? - Devdiscourse - March 8th, 2021
- Nine Masts Capital Selects Bare Cove Technology as Their Cloud Technology Partner - Business Wire - March 6th, 2021
- Banking software provider DPR continues to further strengthen its cloud proposition with Microsoft Azure and a new partnership with Six Degrees -... - March 6th, 2021
- DPR connects with Six Degrees on Microsoft Azure - Finextra - Finextra - March 6th, 2021
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Share, Growth, Trend Analysis And Forecast From 2020-2025; Consumption Capacity By Volume And Production Value ... - March 6th, 2021
- Comprehensive Report on Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market 2021 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 | Med Tech Solutions... - March 6th, 2021
- What is a URL Redirection? - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - March 6th, 2021
- Cloud Services Are Top-Of-Mind for Phishers - Infosecurity Magazine - March 6th, 2021
- Parler Is Back Online, Running On Cloud Hosting Provider SkySilk - Data Center Knowledge - February 21st, 2021
- ResellerClub's Big Birthday Bash Sale Celebrates 15 Years of Business with up to 60% off on Web Hosting & More - PR Newswire India - February 21st, 2021
- Welcome to the age of Cloud 2.0 and what it can offer your agency - Federal News Network - February 21st, 2021
- Innovative Hires Top Cloud Exec to Accelerate Growth with AWS - PRNewswire - February 21st, 2021
- Commencing a digital transformation journey with application modernization - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host... - February 21st, 2021
- The Pros and Cons of Kubernetes-Based Hybrid Cloud - Data Center Knowledge - February 21st, 2021
- WHAT IS THE PRIVACY ARGUMENT BETWEEN FACEBOOK AND APPLE? - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - February 21st, 2021