Editors note: Keysight Technologies offered up these predictions for 2020, from CTO Jay Alexander and Jeff Harris, who leads the companys global marketing.
New realms of measurement will grow in importance in 2020:Measurement basedtools of many kinds are key enablers for the technology-based products and solutions we incorporate into our daily lives, and it will transform as disruptive technologies come into play.
In 2020, advanced applications related to 5G, will explode, using higher frequencies and smaller geometries. To support this growth:
In 2020, the use of software in implementing technology will remain prevalent, especially in networking and position or navigation-based smartphone applications. As a result, software-on-software measurement will see a strong surge and therefore, so will emphasis on interoperability among software tool chains. New standards and certifications will be created, impacting development processes, as well as the marketing required to ensure consumers are aware of what a software-centric product can and cannot do.
In 2020 there will be a substantial rise in specialized processors, such as GPUs and chips, that implement Artificial Intelligence or AI architectures which determine how anetworkprocesses and routes information and maintains security, privacy, and integrity. Quantum computing and engineering will continue to be in an aggressive hype phase in 2020, but the ability to control, measure, and error-correct quantum systems as the number of qubits grows will be important from the start.
As measurement and operation of the computer blends, those interested in building practical quantum computers will require knowledge about measurement technologies and techniques before the quantum computing goes into the mainstream.
Data silos will be connected to extract development insights:Leading companies collect data but typically store it in functional silos: R&D design, pre-production validation, manufacturing, operations and services.
In 2020, companies will start connecting these silos of data using modern cloud architectures, such as private on-premises clusters, or public sites like AWS or Azure. With the data centrally available, teams will correlate performance through the development process, from early design to manufacturing to field deployment and close the loop back to design. The benefits for these teams include the rapid collection and reformatting of data, faster debugging of new product design, anticipation of manufacturing issues, and improved product quality.
To achieve these gains, teams will invest in a computing infrastructure, determine how to store the data, including file location and data structure, as well as choose analytic tools to select and process data to identify anomalies and trends. In addition, teams will change the way they work to shift attention to data-driven decisions.
5G and the Data Center:New 5G capabilities in 2020 will put pressure on networks, revealing new data center and network chokepoints.
Industrial IoT applications will increase access requests and mobile automotive IoT applications will stretch latency demands. Edge computing will become more important to process the increased access requests and meet stringent latency requirements.
Higher data speeds will place more demands for faster memory, faster data busses, and faster transceivers in the data center. Meeting the speed and flexibility demands will be one reason, but customer traceability through the network for application monetization will be the main driver to upgrade to the latest standards.
In 2020 we will see advanced design, test and monitoring capabilities that ensure networks and products deliver the performance and failsafe reliability expected. The industry will experience closer collaborations between chipset and product manufacturers, software companies, network carriers, cloud hosting companies and international standards organizations to build tomorrows networking infrastructures.
Challenges will Abound to get 5G to Maturity:5G represents technical evolution and revolution on many fronts creating new technical challenges that span many domains.
In 2020 the industry will move from a small group of early-movers who have commercialized initial 5G networks, to a global community in which multiple operators in every continent and in many countries will have commercial 5G networks.
The early adopters will add scale and those who launch in 2020 will quickly resolve issues in their initial deployments. Second-generation devices and base stations will be added to the market, and the standards will have another new release in 3GPPs Rel-16.
Key technical challenges for the industry in 2020 will be: ensuring performance in mid-band (3.5-5GHz) frequencies, moving mmWave to mobility, transition planning to a full Stand-Alone (SA) 5G network, and resolving architectural decomposition and standards for centralized RAN and Mobile-Edge computing (MEC).
The Internet of Things will become the Interaction of Things: IoT will rapidly move into the mainstreamwith widening commercial acceptance, increasing public-sector applications and accelerated industrial deployments
In 2020 we will see an increased level of smart experiences when the Internet of Things a collection of devices connected to the internet becomes the Interaction of Things a collection of things that are communicating and working effectively and efficiently with each other.
There will be powerful devices working with other powerful devices to act quickly and efficiently in the background independent of direct human intervention. Mission-critical applications, such as remote robotic surgery in the area of digital healthcare or autonomous driving in the area of smart mobility, will feel the impact of this shift.
While these applications will benefit from the Interaction of Things, new solutions will be developed to ensure they do not suffer from the Interference of Things, especially when communication failure and network disturbances can bring about devastating or life-threatening consequences.The same will be true of Industry 4.0 applications and smart city applications. Uptime will not be optional.
Digital twins will move to the mainstream:Digital twins, or the concept of complete replicate simulation, are the nirvana of design engineers.
In 2020, we will see digital twins mature and move to the mainstream as a result of their ability to accelerate innovations. To fully realize the technologys benefits, companies will look for advanced design and test solutions that can seamlessly validate and optimize their virtual models and real-world siblings to ensure that their behaviors are identical.
2020 will not be the year of the autonomous vehicle. Active cruise control, yes. Full autonomy, we have a couple years to go.The quantity and sophistication of sensors deployed in vehicles will increase in 2020, but fully autonomous vehicles will require more ubiquitous 5G connectivity and more artificial intelligence. Here is where we see the industry on each of those areas:
The ratio of fleets sales with EV or HEV powertrain will grow from single-digit percentage ratio to double-digits in 2020 tripling the shipped units compared to last year.
The first C-V2X network will hit the streets in China, but they will be operating on an LTE-V network until 5G Release 16 evolves the standard.
The technical advances for sensors and in-car networks will continue to evolve on a fast pace, needing faster in-vehicle networks. In 2020, Gigabit Ethernet based in-car networks become a reality and significantly improved sensor technology enables artificial intelligence developers to hit new performance levels.
System level design, test and monitoring will experience a dramatic transformation:The connected world will force a shift in how performance, reliability, and integrity are evaluated.
In 2020, realizing the full potential of sensor systems connected to communication systems connected to mechanical systems will require new ways to test at the system level.
Today, there are available tests for radar antennas and a radar transceiver module. However, testing a multi-antenna radar system integrated into a car will require a different testing approach. The same is true for data centers, mission critical IoT networks, automobiles, and a wide range of new, complex, 5G-enabled applications.
In 2020, the electronics industry will emphasize system-level testing as the definitive, final step to assure end-to-end performance, integrity and reliability across the increasingly connected world.
Education will shift to prepare the next generation of engineers.Universities will adopt holistic, integrated, and multi-disciplinary curricula for engineering education.
Academia will tap into industry partnerships to keep up with the accelerating pace of technology and incorporate certification programs, industry-grade instrumentation and automation systems into teaching labs to train students on current, real-world applications.
To address IoT, Universities will combine methodology from basic electronics, networking, design engineering, cybersecurity, and embedded systems, while increasing emphasis on the impact of technology on society and the environment.
To address artificial intelligence, automation and robotics, Universities will mainstream currently niche topics such as cognitive science and mechatronics into required learning.
Here is the original post:
New realms of measurement, connected data silos, and more in 2020 (Reader Forum) - RCR Wireless News
- Cloud-based Database Market 2020 | Top Business Growing Strategies, Technological Innovation and Emerging Trends of Outlook To 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- New study Global Cloud Based Database Market 2019 | Growth Opportunities, Investment Feasibility, Market Share And Forecast 2025 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- Disaster Recovery as a Service: Everything You Need to Know - The Fast Mode - May 23rd, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Companies Help Customers Contain Costs Winning Trust and Loyalty - EnterpriseAI - May 17th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Research, Size, Share Analysis By Manufacturers, Regions, Type And Application To 2025 - News Distinct - May 17th, 2020
- Illinois advances pioneering proposal for utility rate recovery of cloud computing investments - Utility Dive - May 17th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 17th, 2020
- I.T. Ideas Inc. and Sytex Ltd win the 2020 Three Best Rated Award for Best IT Service Companies in Canada - PRUnderground - May 17th, 2020
- COVID-19: Responding to the business impacts of Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market: Extensive Analysis of Key Segments of the Industry and Emerging... - May 17th, 2020
- Global Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Outlook, Opportunities, Key Players, Growth, Competitive Landscape, Trends and Forecast by 2026 - Cole of... - May 17th, 2020
- These are the richest people in North Wales in 2020 - Daily Post - May 17th, 2020
- Global Cloud-based Database Market 2020 Growth, Innovations, Demand, Size, Revenue, Emerging Trends, Players, Type, Applications, New Development and... - May 17th, 2020
- Locked Down But Not Out, Hyderabadi Haleem Can Still Be Had this Ramzan - The Wire - May 17th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2020 Benefits, Key Market Plans, Forthcoming Developments, Business Opportunities & Future Investments... - May 12th, 2020
- Bare Metal Cloud Market Industry Expected to Witness Significant Revenue Growth Through 2020-2025: IBM Corporation, Dell Inc., Rackspace Hosting Inc -... - May 12th, 2020
- ITRenew and Hydro66 Join Forces in Sweden to Reduce the Cost and Carbon Footprint of Hosting Data at Scale for Enterprises Across the EU - Yahoo... - May 12th, 2020
- Delivery Lead II - AWS job with AARP | 41014045 - Washington Post - May 12th, 2020
- Global Cloud Based Database Market Global Key Players, Trends and Technology Development Forecast to 2025. - Cole of Duty - May 12th, 2020
- Josiah Hincks ensure business continuity by going hosted with DPS - Legal Futures - May 12th, 2020
- Latest Update 2020: Infrastructure as a Service Market by COVID19 Impact Analysis And Top Manufacturers: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft... - May 12th, 2020
- Warren Buffett Probably Won't Buy These 3 Stocks, but You Probably Should - The Motley Fool - May 10th, 2020
- GitHub gets a built-in IDE with Codespaces, discussion forums and more - TechCrunch - May 10th, 2020
- Putting people first to enable effective working from home - Business Post - May 10th, 2020
- Multi-Cloud Platforms Offer Up Key New Capabilities and Differentiation - CXOToday.com - May 10th, 2020
- 5 benefits of switching to cloud hosting - KnowTechie - May 4th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Size by Top Key Players, Growth Opportunities, Incremental Revenue , Outlook and Forecasts to 2026 - Latest Herald - May 4th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Size by Top Key Players, Growth Opportunities, Incremental Revenue , Outlook and Forecasts to 2026 - Latest... - May 4th, 2020
- Top 10 Cloud Technology Market Expected to Witness Significant Growth in the Forecast Years 2017-2025 - Latest Herald - May 4th, 2020
- Yellowbrick Partners With ScaleMatrix to Expand Free Solution for COVID-19 Vaccine Research - Business Wire - May 4th, 2020
- June events 'on the horizon': Previewing more than 50 events across NC - WRAL Tech Wire - May 4th, 2020
- Battle Royale: Which of These Indian Video Conferencing Apps Would Win Govt Challenge? - 360TopNews - May 4th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 28th, 2020
- Without cloud computing, businesses would now be in even deeper trouble - ZDNet - April 28th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Size, Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and... - April 28th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 28th, 2020
- Keep the cash flowing in your recruitment business - Onrec - April 28th, 2020
- CANCOM: Very high growth rates in the cloud segment and recurring revenues in the financial year 2019; moderate growth of Group expected for 2020. -... - April 28th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Innovations, Revenue Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Trends by Forecast 2025 - Latest Herald - April 28th, 2020
- Triangle event headliners: Previewing 70 events & deadlines through the end of May - WRAL Tech Wire - April 28th, 2020
- COVID-19 and the Migration to SAP S/4 HANA - JD Supra - April 23rd, 2020
- Provide remote access with cloud hosting - InnovationMap - April 23rd, 2020
- Case study: How to quickly build and deliver a cloud-agnostic product - Cloud Tech - April 23rd, 2020
- SVG SportsTech On Demand: EEG's John Voorheis on the Role of Falcon, Lexi in Live Stream Captioning - Sports Video Group - April 23rd, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2020 Demand, Trend, Latest Techniques, Innovations, Applications, Analysis and 2025 Industry Growth... - April 23rd, 2020
- 4 Reasons to Move to QuickBooks Hosting in 2020 - HostReview.com - April 22nd, 2020
- Laplink Helps IT Transition to Azure Active Directory with Free Migration Tool - Yahoo Finance - April 22nd, 2020
- Considering a move from colocation to cloud? Here's how to build a solid business case - Techerati - April 22nd, 2020
- Scaleway disarms its ARM64 cloud, cites unreliable hardware as the reason - The Register - April 22nd, 2020
- AWS doubles the performance of its Snowball Edge device and adds new software - SiliconANGLE - April 22nd, 2020
- AWS Cape Town region goes live - MyBroadband - April 22nd, 2020
- Valuation Risks Keep DocuSign Stock From Being a Buy - Investorplace.com - April 22nd, 2020
- Cloud hosting firm anticipating strong revenue and EBITDA improvements - The Business Desk - April 20th, 2020
- Cloudflare wants to put an end to BGP hijacking and leaks - TechRadar - April 20th, 2020
- CHILI publish Introduces CHILI publisher Online the SaaS Editing Solution for All Web2print Service Providers - What They Think - April 20th, 2020
- 8 Takeaways and Recommendations for the Age of AI in Asia - Fintech News Singapore - April 20th, 2020
- Business Continuity in the Wake of COVID-19 - Techwire.net - April 20th, 2020
- Remote learning: Telecom providers must come to the party - Daily Maverick - April 20th, 2020
- VAST Data's latest funding round has the company valued at $1.2B - DataCenterNews North America - April 20th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting vs Dedicated Server Hosting Which one is better? - PC-Tablet - April 9th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Research Report: Market Analysis on the Future Growth Prospects and Market Trends Adopted by the... - April 9th, 2020
- Demand for e-learning continues to grow as Moodle announces their newest Certified Moodle Partner: South Africa-based company The Training Room Online... - April 9th, 2020
- Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services Market What Factors will drive the Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid... - April 9th, 2020
- Latest Technology Trends in Business - 1redDrop - April 9th, 2020
- Global Video Hosting Software Market Analysis, Growth By Top Companies, Trends By Types and Application, Forecast To 2024 - Science In Me - April 9th, 2020
- AWS: the worlds most comprehensive cloud platform - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - April 6th, 2020
- Summit Hosting Offers 90 Days of Free Cloud Hosting to Help Small and Medium Businesses Operate Remotely During COVID-19 - Benzinga - April 6th, 2020
- Why large non-profits opt for small hosting companies over the cloud - BestTechie - April 6th, 2020
- Special Report on Cloud ERP in the Aftermath of COVID-19 to Be Hosted by ERP Advisors Group - EconomyWatch.com - April 6th, 2020
- On the tech horizon: Here's a look at what's coming across NC in May - WRAL Tech Wire - April 6th, 2020
- Top 9 Reasons Your District Should be Moving to the Cloud - STN Media - School Transportation News - April 1st, 2020
- MSPs: Time to Reinvent - Channel Futures - April 1st, 2020
- Global Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 Industry Statistics on Key Trends, Growth and Opportunities to 2025 - Monroe Scoop - April 1st, 2020
- Health Catalyst Launches Four Additional COVID-19 Solutions and a Modular Bundle - The Herald Journal - April 1st, 2020
- Tech pitches in to fight COVID-19 pandemic - Computerworld - April 1st, 2020
- Transitioning Your Enterprise Workload? Read This First - Forbes - March 23rd, 2020
- Hybrid cloud - The business infrastructure of tomorrow - Techerati - March 23rd, 2020
- On the horizon: 57 meetups, conferences & networking events across NC in April - WRAL Tech Wire - March 23rd, 2020
- The Four Main Reasons Your Cloud Spending Is Out of Control - Cloud Wars - March 21st, 2020
- Everyone needs the cloud now more than ever. So understand AWS, Azure and more for under $25. - The Next Web - March 21st, 2020
- Zoom warns investors they may become a victim of their own success as costs spiral - MSPoweruser - MSPoweruser - March 21st, 2020