Tech blogging was originally my side hustle, with web development and marketing my main job; nowadays, it is the other way around.
Quite often, I have potential clients come to me with ancient systems, it is not uncommon for some clients to be using some bespoke software that won't run on a modern OS anymore. Beauty salons are often bad for this, they buy something when they set up shop, then a decade later they are still using it.
A lot of web developers will try and sell bespoke software, or plugins for a website to handle the appointment needs of a salon, but more often than not, this is not the ideal solution and paying a monthly fee for a web-based software as a service will provide superior results.
Traditionally most of the applications we used, were installed on a local PC, this used to the case for accounting systems, customer relationship management systems and also appointment systems. Even nowadays it is not uncommon for me to talk to a salon and find out they are using some old PC with ancient software.
Moving everything into the cloud using something like Versum salon scheduling software and paying a monthly fee eliminates the need for a dedicated PC with your appointment software. This reduces hardware costs; quite often, people will use a tablet to handle all the appointments. There is also no software maintenance, as this is all done by the company providing the service. You also have the flexibility of access the system anytime from anywhere using any device with a web browser.
As a web developer, it is tempting to upsell additional functionality to clients; integrating a plugin can add hundreds (or thousands by some agencies) to a quote. While self-hosting your appointment functionality can work perfectly well, and in theory have lower long term costs, the end result is another piece of software that needs updating regularly. It inevitably reduces the load speeds of your website(or increases hosting costs). Running multiple plugins on a website will often also lead to clashes with compatibility and acts as another point for hackers to gain access to your site.
I find the Versum system to be quite affordable and the price scales with the number of staff your have on board.
If you are a solo practitioner, it will be just 25 per month. Then the 2-6 people it is 39, then 69 for up to 12 and finally 109 for unlimited staff.
Because there is no hardware costs or software maintenance on your side, these monthly costs are somewhat mitigated by savings elsewhere.
With Versum the feature list is extensive, this isn't just some online diary but a full suite of online software to manage a Salon.
This includes all the diary and appointment features you would expect, but also comprehensive client communication functions with the ability to send emails and SMS text messages. You get 50 free messages per month then a fee of 5p per message.
Clients can book online, and Versum will provide you a free website if needed. Allowing customers to book online can significantly reduce the number of calls you need to take, which can easily justify the monthly fee.
Beyond that, this offers an accounting and management system allowing you to do financial reports, work out commissions for staff, and break down revenue per employee.
Cloud-based systems are the way forward, and the small monthly costs of running such systems is likely to be negligible compared to the other running costs of your business. A cloud system will help eliminate much of the stress associated with managing a Salon and help free up time to get in more paid work.
In my opinion, Versum is extremely cost-effective and well worth considering if you are looking for a new and improved appointment system.
Last Updated on 13th March 2020
- Cloud-based Database Market 2020 | Top Business Growing Strategies, Technological Innovation and Emerging Trends of Outlook To 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- New study Global Cloud Based Database Market 2019 | Growth Opportunities, Investment Feasibility, Market Share And Forecast 2025 - Cole of Duty - May 23rd, 2020
- Disaster Recovery as a Service: Everything You Need to Know - The Fast Mode - May 23rd, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Companies Help Customers Contain Costs Winning Trust and Loyalty - EnterpriseAI - May 17th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Research, Size, Share Analysis By Manufacturers, Regions, Type And Application To 2025 - News Distinct - May 17th, 2020
- Illinois advances pioneering proposal for utility rate recovery of cloud computing investments - Utility Dive - May 17th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 17th, 2020
- I.T. Ideas Inc. and Sytex Ltd win the 2020 Three Best Rated Award for Best IT Service Companies in Canada - PRUnderground - May 17th, 2020
- COVID-19: Responding to the business impacts of Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market: Extensive Analysis of Key Segments of the Industry and Emerging... - May 17th, 2020
- Global Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Outlook, Opportunities, Key Players, Growth, Competitive Landscape, Trends and Forecast by 2026 - Cole of... - May 17th, 2020
- These are the richest people in North Wales in 2020 - Daily Post - May 17th, 2020
- Global Cloud-based Database Market 2020 Growth, Innovations, Demand, Size, Revenue, Emerging Trends, Players, Type, Applications, New Development and... - May 17th, 2020
- Locked Down But Not Out, Hyderabadi Haleem Can Still Be Had this Ramzan - The Wire - May 17th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2020 Benefits, Key Market Plans, Forthcoming Developments, Business Opportunities & Future Investments... - May 12th, 2020
- Bare Metal Cloud Market Industry Expected to Witness Significant Revenue Growth Through 2020-2025: IBM Corporation, Dell Inc., Rackspace Hosting Inc -... - May 12th, 2020
- ITRenew and Hydro66 Join Forces in Sweden to Reduce the Cost and Carbon Footprint of Hosting Data at Scale for Enterprises Across the EU - Yahoo... - May 12th, 2020
- Delivery Lead II - AWS job with AARP | 41014045 - Washington Post - May 12th, 2020
- Global Cloud Based Database Market Global Key Players, Trends and Technology Development Forecast to 2025. - Cole of Duty - May 12th, 2020
- Josiah Hincks ensure business continuity by going hosted with DPS - Legal Futures - May 12th, 2020
- Latest Update 2020: Infrastructure as a Service Market by COVID19 Impact Analysis And Top Manufacturers: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft... - May 12th, 2020
- Warren Buffett Probably Won't Buy These 3 Stocks, but You Probably Should - The Motley Fool - May 10th, 2020
- GitHub gets a built-in IDE with Codespaces, discussion forums and more - TechCrunch - May 10th, 2020
- Putting people first to enable effective working from home - Business Post - May 10th, 2020
- Multi-Cloud Platforms Offer Up Key New Capabilities and Differentiation - CXOToday.com - May 10th, 2020
- 5 benefits of switching to cloud hosting - KnowTechie - May 4th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Size by Top Key Players, Growth Opportunities, Incremental Revenue , Outlook and Forecasts to 2026 - Latest Herald - May 4th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Size by Top Key Players, Growth Opportunities, Incremental Revenue , Outlook and Forecasts to 2026 - Latest... - May 4th, 2020
- Top 10 Cloud Technology Market Expected to Witness Significant Growth in the Forecast Years 2017-2025 - Latest Herald - May 4th, 2020
- Yellowbrick Partners With ScaleMatrix to Expand Free Solution for COVID-19 Vaccine Research - Business Wire - May 4th, 2020
- June events 'on the horizon': Previewing more than 50 events across NC - WRAL Tech Wire - May 4th, 2020
- Battle Royale: Which of These Indian Video Conferencing Apps Would Win Govt Challenge? - 360TopNews - May 4th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 28th, 2020
- Without cloud computing, businesses would now be in even deeper trouble - ZDNet - April 28th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Size, Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and... - April 28th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 28th, 2020
- Keep the cash flowing in your recruitment business - Onrec - April 28th, 2020
- CANCOM: Very high growth rates in the cloud segment and recurring revenues in the financial year 2019; moderate growth of Group expected for 2020. -... - April 28th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Innovations, Revenue Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Trends by Forecast 2025 - Latest Herald - April 28th, 2020
- Triangle event headliners: Previewing 70 events & deadlines through the end of May - WRAL Tech Wire - April 28th, 2020
- COVID-19 and the Migration to SAP S/4 HANA - JD Supra - April 23rd, 2020
- Provide remote access with cloud hosting - InnovationMap - April 23rd, 2020
- Case study: How to quickly build and deliver a cloud-agnostic product - Cloud Tech - April 23rd, 2020
- SVG SportsTech On Demand: EEG's John Voorheis on the Role of Falcon, Lexi in Live Stream Captioning - Sports Video Group - April 23rd, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2020 Demand, Trend, Latest Techniques, Innovations, Applications, Analysis and 2025 Industry Growth... - April 23rd, 2020
- 4 Reasons to Move to QuickBooks Hosting in 2020 - HostReview.com - April 22nd, 2020
- Laplink Helps IT Transition to Azure Active Directory with Free Migration Tool - Yahoo Finance - April 22nd, 2020
- Considering a move from colocation to cloud? Here's how to build a solid business case - Techerati - April 22nd, 2020
- Scaleway disarms its ARM64 cloud, cites unreliable hardware as the reason - The Register - April 22nd, 2020
- AWS doubles the performance of its Snowball Edge device and adds new software - SiliconANGLE - April 22nd, 2020
- AWS Cape Town region goes live - MyBroadband - April 22nd, 2020
- Valuation Risks Keep DocuSign Stock From Being a Buy - Investorplace.com - April 22nd, 2020
- Cloud hosting firm anticipating strong revenue and EBITDA improvements - The Business Desk - April 20th, 2020
- Cloudflare wants to put an end to BGP hijacking and leaks - TechRadar - April 20th, 2020
- CHILI publish Introduces CHILI publisher Online the SaaS Editing Solution for All Web2print Service Providers - What They Think - April 20th, 2020
- 8 Takeaways and Recommendations for the Age of AI in Asia - Fintech News Singapore - April 20th, 2020
- Business Continuity in the Wake of COVID-19 - Techwire.net - April 20th, 2020
- Remote learning: Telecom providers must come to the party - Daily Maverick - April 20th, 2020
- VAST Data's latest funding round has the company valued at $1.2B - DataCenterNews North America - April 20th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting vs Dedicated Server Hosting Which one is better? - PC-Tablet - April 9th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Research Report: Market Analysis on the Future Growth Prospects and Market Trends Adopted by the... - April 9th, 2020
- Demand for e-learning continues to grow as Moodle announces their newest Certified Moodle Partner: South Africa-based company The Training Room Online... - April 9th, 2020
- Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services Market What Factors will drive the Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid... - April 9th, 2020
- Latest Technology Trends in Business - 1redDrop - April 9th, 2020
- Global Video Hosting Software Market Analysis, Growth By Top Companies, Trends By Types and Application, Forecast To 2024 - Science In Me - April 9th, 2020
- AWS: the worlds most comprehensive cloud platform - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - April 6th, 2020
- Summit Hosting Offers 90 Days of Free Cloud Hosting to Help Small and Medium Businesses Operate Remotely During COVID-19 - Benzinga - April 6th, 2020
- Why large non-profits opt for small hosting companies over the cloud - BestTechie - April 6th, 2020
- Special Report on Cloud ERP in the Aftermath of COVID-19 to Be Hosted by ERP Advisors Group - EconomyWatch.com - April 6th, 2020
- On the tech horizon: Here's a look at what's coming across NC in May - WRAL Tech Wire - April 6th, 2020
- Top 9 Reasons Your District Should be Moving to the Cloud - STN Media - School Transportation News - April 1st, 2020
- MSPs: Time to Reinvent - Channel Futures - April 1st, 2020
- Global Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 Industry Statistics on Key Trends, Growth and Opportunities to 2025 - Monroe Scoop - April 1st, 2020
- Health Catalyst Launches Four Additional COVID-19 Solutions and a Modular Bundle - The Herald Journal - April 1st, 2020
- Tech pitches in to fight COVID-19 pandemic - Computerworld - April 1st, 2020
- Transitioning Your Enterprise Workload? Read This First - Forbes - March 23rd, 2020
- Hybrid cloud - The business infrastructure of tomorrow - Techerati - March 23rd, 2020
- On the horizon: 57 meetups, conferences & networking events across NC in April - WRAL Tech Wire - March 23rd, 2020
- The Four Main Reasons Your Cloud Spending Is Out of Control - Cloud Wars - March 21st, 2020
- Everyone needs the cloud now more than ever. So understand AWS, Azure and more for under $25. - The Next Web - March 21st, 2020
- Zoom warns investors they may become a victim of their own success as costs spiral - MSPoweruser - MSPoweruser - March 21st, 2020