In their new partnership, Synechron would be providing cloud-based solution architecture and operating models to support both the migration of legacy processes, as well as establishing the cloud for new business activities for its clients. Synechrons Google Cloud Centre of Excellence comprises a global group of Google Cloud accredited architects, data engineers and developers who have designed and developed enterprise-grade, cloud-hosted solutions. Mutual clients will be able to create an application landing zone with confidence for their ecosystems with Synechrons cloud migration expertise and managed services framework, increasing operational efficiency and delivering cost leverage.
Express Computer gets into an engaging conversation with Anand Chandra who leads the Technology Practice across UK, Europe and APAC and is responsible for establishing Techno-Functional competency in Synechron focused around Cloud capabilities in Google Cloud, MS Azure across Wholesale, Retail, Institution, Private Banking, Wealth & Asset Management. Edited excerpts:
Could you acquaint us with your recent partnership with Google Cloud?
We recently announced our partnership with Google Cloud to further expand our existing cloud offerings to our clients in financial services. We aim to provide cloud engineering combined with emerging technologies to support both Heritage Modernisation and Ecosystem Innovation, as well as allow our clients provide their customers with digital-first experiences that are secure, seamless and built for the 21st century.
Synechron is working with Google Cloud on live engagements across the UK, The Netherlands and APAC. As part of our Digital Ecosystem Accelerator program, we leveraged Google Cloud suite to create our Treasury-as-a-Service API Orchestration Accelerator called Liquify. Liquify creates an API-enabled ecosystem that automates a banks treasury, liquidity, and cash management functions across different siloed departments within a business division. This accelerator brings together multiple APIs into a microservices layer running in the cloud and then pushes them through an API-Gateway, allowing each API plug-in to serve an independent function free from any existing monolithic systems.
How is Synechron looking forward to expanding its cloud offerings?
We are working alongside our clients on their cloud strategy, feasibility, technology architecture and engineering programs. We are investing heavily into building our Google Cloud Platform capabilities to partner with our clients across multiple regions and have more than 200+ engineers who are being trained on the Google Cloud Platform stack across different modules.
Google cloud practice focus at Synechron is to take value proposition to our clients which includes Analytics API (custom built Real-time & Batch Processing with Microservices on Cloud for cloud-based data engineering), Cloud Adoption Program (Engineering approach to Cloud Migration as part of Heritage Modernization from assessment to evaluation to execution using Synechron CAP Cloud Adoption Program), Open API Marketplace (Synechrons Treasury-as-a-Service Open Banking Cash Management lets banks offer a Treasury-as-a-Service via their platform for intraday cash sweeping) & Big Data on GCP (Infrastructure-as-a-service for Big Data technologies, a MongoDB IaaS being designed & architected for a Tier 1 Bank currently).
Which type of cloud (Public, Private, Hybrid) is best suited for organisations now that they are working remotely?
The cross-over path has Cloud Native vs retire technical debt is somewhere between migration and reinvention. Financial services are moving towards Hybrid cloud strategy to leverage best of features across cloud providers and its followed by multi-cloud strategy where the services are configured across providers. The future will see less of private cloud (interconnected network of VMs) and Public cloud adoption will see a drop due to better data governance with Hybrid cloud implementation.
The financial services industry will witness an accelerated adoption of cloud-driven by the pandemic. It is not optional to move to cloud anymore, it is essential. This pandemic has highlighted the importance of deploying a flexible and scalable cloud system to remain agile and adaptable to get work done in a fluctuating ecosystem. Financial services clients have adopted DevOps first strategy on migration to explore opportunities on cost optimization and operational efficiency. The current thinking is to leverage Application hosting, data management & compute offerings on cloud and associate them with benefits value chain restructuring opportunities. The wider direction of travel is build hybrid cloud target state to leverage best of security, storage and disruptive technologies (Big Data & Native AI tooling). BFSI, being a highly regulated industry, will benefit from a hybrid cloud model. Hybrid cloud solutions due to reduced infrastructure cost, flexibility, better workforce collaboration allow businesses to scale, irrespective of the size of the organisation.
Do you think there are any challenges involved in the adoption of cloud at a time when working from home has been the new normal?
The current new normal is more trust based and then it was before. The basis of emerging technologies like Blockchain, low-code platforms, Cloud and deep learning models are basis of trust and tactical deduction of ROI which is both sentiment and data based. Cloud programs in new normal are being tuned to Assembly line delivery model where Core engineering team will be at Program Vertical (PV) level who would comprise of required expertise from Enterprise group and will be responsible for designing the solution and assisting the implementation. The Delivery and DevOps representation in the enterprise group will ensure execution and rollouts. Implementation team would operate like an assembly line with Design & QC team working remotely & Support team will be a shared services model, working remotely.
Due to the ongoing global crisis, attackers can capitalise on rapid change, confusion, and take advantage of the vulnerability of the systems. It is crucial to enhance security policies relevant to the COVID-19 situation to include remote working access management, the use of personal devices and home networks and the associated risks involved. Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) use advanced firewall technology like Web Access Firewalls, application services, layering and micro-segmentation to safeguard their clients from cyberattacks. The last couple of months saw increased migration of workload to the cloud and moving applications to the cloud can result in extensive troubleshooting and application downtime.
If you have an interesting article / experience / case study to share, please get in touch with us at [emailprotected]
- Bury cloud hosting firm's profits soar during the coronavirus crisis - Bury Times - October 24th, 2020
- Trends in the Ready To Use Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020-2020 - TechnoWeekly - October 24th, 2020
- DevOps Introduction, Lifecycle, and Evolution - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 24th, 2020
- Reltio Executive to Discuss the Data-Driven Experience Economy at the Hosting + Cloud Transformation Summit 2020 - Monterey County Weekly - October 24th, 2020
- IDC Industry Will Benefit from the Growth of Cloud Computing GDS to be Listed on the HKEx - Yahoo Finance Australia - October 24th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020 Showcases Capable Growth After Covid-19 Pandemic with Top Manufacturers: DreamHost, GoDaddy, HostGator, InMotion,... - October 24th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Statistical Forecasts Based on 2020 COVID-19 Worldwide Spread and Top Players Amazon Web Services, AT... - October 24th, 2020
- Global Application Hosting Market : Industry Analysis and forecast 2020 2027: By Service Type, Hosting Type, Deployment, Enterprise Size,... - October 24th, 2020
- Trends in Application Hosting Market 2026 by Production Market Analysis and Regional Market Performance - PRnews Leader - October 24th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market 2019 Share, Size, Future Demand, Global Research, Top Leading player, Emerging Trends, Region by Forecast to 2027 - The... - October 24th, 2020
- Cloud ITSM Market Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2018 2028 - The Think Curiouser - October 24th, 2020
- Managing the Evolving Security Threat Landscape - Security Boulevard - October 6th, 2020
- Oklahoma Hospital Selects Evident EHR and TruBridge RCM Solutions for Their Integration, Intuitive Workflows, and Financial Efficiencies - Business... - October 6th, 2020
- Rural Cloud Initiative Completes First Phase of the Farm of the Future - PRNewswire - October 6th, 2020
- Best Practices for Migrating SharePoint to Office 365 - The Sports Bank - October 6th, 2020
- A-List Osthoff Resort Positions for Travel Restart; Selects Maestro PMS During Industry Pause for Guest-Focused Mobile Services and Integrated... - October 6th, 2020
- VMware is making it easier for its customers to use Microsoft's cloud, but still considers Amazon its 'preferred partner' as AWS hosting for its... - October 5th, 2020
- The cost of website hosting for small businesses in 2020 - Startups.co.uk - October 5th, 2020
- A software to keep you on top of cloud security needs - DAWN.com - October 5th, 2020
- The Fall Technology Refreshes Are Almost Here - IT Jungle - October 5th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 | Know the Latest COVID19 Impact Analysis And Strategies of Key Players: Amazon Web Services (AWS),... - October 2nd, 2020
- Aptum Releases Part One of Quarterly Cloud Impact Study - The Kingston Whig-Standard - October 2nd, 2020
- Accelerated Digital Transformation- The New Normal - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 2nd, 2020
- Edge Computing Will Drive $7 Billion of Revenue by 2025 - HostReview.com - October 2nd, 2020
- The Inside-Out of the Digital-Transformation Strategies - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 2nd, 2020
- Timico accepted into the Government (G-Cloud) framework - Bdaily - October 2nd, 2020
- What factors to consider when choosing a web hosting company | - Daily Invest News - October 2nd, 2020
- InMotion Hosting Upgrades their Dedicated Servers with Latest Intel Xeon Scalable Technology - PRNewswire - October 2nd, 2020
- Cloud Storage Service Market 2020 By Key Players, Types, Applications, Countries, Market Size, Forecast To 2026 (Based On 2020 COVID-19 Worldwide... - October 2nd, 2020
- Oracle Live 2020 - not all ERP clouds are created equal. Oracle makes the public cloud ERP case - Diginomica - October 2nd, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market : Global Strategies and Insight driven transformation 2020 2026 - SG Research Sphere - September 29th, 2020
- Detailed Profiling of Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market (Covid-19 Updated) Insights 2020 to 2026 | Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft, Tata... - September 29th, 2020
- Two Scottish firms are listed on lucrative G-Cloud 12 framework - Insider.co.uk - September 29th, 2020
- What are the Key Benefits of NetApp Cloud Manager? - CIOReview - September 29th, 2020
- Airtel And Radware Partner to Offer Cloud Security Services to Businesses in India - GlobeNewswire - September 29th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Growth, Statistics, By Application, Production, Revenue & Forecast to 2026 - The Daily Chronicle - September 29th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market 2020 | What Is The Estimated Market Size In The Upcoming Years? - The Daily Chronicle - September 29th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market 2020: Potential growth, attractive valuation make it is a long-term investment | Know the COVID19 Impact | Top... - September 29th, 2020
- Reporter's Notebook: I Live in the Best St. Cloud Neighborhood - WJON News - September 29th, 2020
- Pegasystems Inc expand its India leadership team - United News of India - September 29th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Research Report 2020-2026 By Players, Regions, Product Types & Applications | Amazon Web Services, AT... - September 29th, 2020
- Cloud 2020 In conversation with China Mobiles Eric Chiu - MyBroadband - September 29th, 2020
- An introduction to Alibaba cloud offerings - TechTarget - September 29th, 2020
- iland bridges major data protection gaps in Microsoft 365 - RealWire - September 29th, 2020
- TikTok won't be banned from US app stores. Here's why. - News@Northeastern - September 29th, 2020
- Railway Management System Market Will Reflect Significant Growth Prospects of US$ Mn during 2020-2025 with Major Key Player: ABB, Alstom, Ansaldo,... - September 29th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Global Share, Segment Analysis, Growth Drivers And Forecast To 2028 - Crypto Daily - September 29th, 2020
- 2020 Call for Code Global Challenge Finalists Selected for Innovative Solutions to Take on COVID-19 and Climate Change - GISuser.com - September 29th, 2020
- Ace Cloud Hosting Announces Partnership With ICAT Systems - AiThority - September 22nd, 2020
- Jelastic PaaS Expanded for Educational Institutions with Reclaim Cloud Hosting - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host... - September 22nd, 2020
- The travel forecast is uncertain, other than the presence of the cloud - PhocusWire - September 22nd, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Analysis, Revenue, Key Players, Trends, Growth, Size, Share and Forecast 2020 to 2028 - The Daily Chronicle - September 22nd, 2020
- Cloud-based solutions and hosting solutions are every country's overall development - Namibia Economist - September 22nd, 2020
- 5 IT spend trends to watch - CIO Dive - September 22nd, 2020
- U.S. Department of Commerce Publishes Transactions with ByteDance and Tencent That Are Prohibited Due to National Security Concerns Raised by TikTok... - September 22nd, 2020
- Cloud 2020 In conversation with Huaweis Ray Rui - MyBroadband - September 22nd, 2020
- GlobalOutlook enabling SMBs to be Productive during COVID-19 with its Fanatic Support - PR Newswire India - August 18th, 2020
- Jelastic PaaS Expanded for Educational Institutions with Reclaim Cloud Hosting in the USA, Canada and the United Kingdom - MyHostNews.com - August 18th, 2020
- Nuance Expands Availability of Cloud-Based Dragon Professional Anywhere Solution - Yahoo Finance - August 18th, 2020
- API integration of microservices needs more than a service mesh - Diginomica - August 18th, 2020
- Cloud Repatriation: Why It's More Than 'Just' Public Cloud Retreat - ITPro Today - August 18th, 2020
- Geotab Achieves FedRAMP Authorization for Its Cloud-Based Telematics Platform - Business Wire - August 18th, 2020
- Multi-Vital Ambulatory Monitor for COVID-19 Patients Launches in the US - - HIT Consultant - August 18th, 2020
- Technology Management Concepts Honored as a 'Top 100 VAR' for the 'Bob Scott's Top VAR 100' & the 'AccountingToday 2020 VAR 100' Lists - PR Web - August 18th, 2020
- Huawei is the main sponsor of the Cloud 2020 Conference - MyBroadband - August 18th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market 2020| Global Share, Comprehensive Analysis, Size, Covid-19 Analysis, Future Estimations and Key Industry Segments Poised... - August 18th, 2020
- In Contrast to 'Permanent Remote Work,' VMware Messaging Touts 'Return-to-Office' - Virtualization Review - August 18th, 2020
- New Island provides full ITSM capabilities from AWS with locally hosted BMC Helix - Intelligent CIO Africa - August 18th, 2020
- IT infrastructure that's agile - ITWeb - August 18th, 2020
- Jelastic PaaS Expanded for Educational Institutions with Reclaim Cloud Hosting in the USA, Canada and the United Kingdom - HostReview.com - August 10th, 2020
- Big Boom In Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market With A Growing CACR During 2020-2027| Med Tech Solutions Inc, Rackspace, Health Catalyst, OVH Cloud,... - August 10th, 2020
- Verizon Business Plans to Simplify and Accelerate E2E IoT Solution with Microsoft Azure - The Fast Mode - August 10th, 2020
- What you should know when creating your own website - MyBroadband - August 10th, 2020
- Palomino Inc. Completes Acquisition of GCIS Inc. to Grow Cloud Hosting and Business Application Support in Times of COVID-19 - Yahoo Finance - August 8th, 2020
- Cloud Infrastructure Services Market Research Report by Service Type, by Organization Size, by Deployment, by Vertical - Global Forecast to 2025 -... - August 8th, 2020
- Cloud Hosted vs. On-Premise vs. Self Hosted vs. Private Cloud PMS: All Platforms Have Advantages; Which is Right for You? | By Warren Dehan -... - August 8th, 2020
- Capital One to pay $80M penalty over 2019 data breach - Banking Dive - August 8th, 2020
- 16 reasons why you should move your backup to a NZ-hosted solution - IT Brief New Zealand - August 8th, 2020
- All PMS Platforms Have Advantages, But Which One is Right for Your Hotel? | - Hotel Technology News - August 8th, 2020
- Bare metal vs dedicated servers: which is the better web hosting option? - ITProPortal - August 8th, 2020