Although crises such as the novel coronavirus pandemic may cause some investors to be more cautious, others are looking to technologies and industries where growth is likely to return or even continue at higher rates. ROBO Global LLC last month announced its THNQ artificial intelligence exchange-traded fund. To create the fund, ROBO Global closely examined companies that are using AI or are developing AI infrastructure.
Countries such as China, France, and the U.K. have national AI strategies, and while the U.S. has one, it has largely relied on the private sector to drive innovation and commercialization. The global market for smart robots will surpass $16 billion by 2025, according to Grand View Research, and the market for AI in healthcare alone will exceed $6 billion by next year, predictsForbes.
In 2013, ROBO Global launched the ROBO Global Robotics and Automation Index, which it said provides benchmarks representing the value chain of robotics, automation, and AI. Last year, the company, which has offices in New York, Dallas, London, and San Francisco, launchd the Healthcare Technology & Innovation Index (HTEC).
For investors, AI is still in the early stages of adoption, said ROBO Global. Historically, the stock market tends to under-appreciate the scale of opportunity enjoyed by leading providers of new technologies at this phase of development.
Lisa Chai, ROBO Global
I was a computer programmer by training and came into finance, said Lisa Chai, a senior research analyst at ROBO Global. Our strategic advisors include roboticists, computer science experts, and data scientists. THNQ has seven Ph.D.s as strategic advisors.
In the ROBO ETF, we mainly looked at machine vision, and now were getting into software, shetold The Robot Report.THNQ is a pure play for AI infrastructure and companies leveraging AI for massive opportunities. AI is at an inflection point, and were starting to see real business applications and use cases.
Although many companies claim to be using AI, ROBO Global has been selective for its new exchange-traded fund (ETF). The strategy is the same as for ROBO and robotics and automation, said Chai. We have 70 companies and capture the AI ecosystem, from cloud providers hosting AI applications and the business-process subsector, as well as enterprise software companies using AI to differentiate their platforms.
For THNQ, we look at AI as not just machine learning were also looking at companies that are developing beyond algorithms and going into neural networks and natural language processing, she said. With cloud adoption, capabilities will need to be automated, and theres a need to derive intelligent data and efficiencies.
For example, as more data is created during the COVID-19 pandemic, retailers are dying to know how to use it in real time and optimize workflows, added Chai. Some AI companies are now coming out of stealth and are talking about their core strategies.
Before we launched the index in the U.S., we had many thoughtful and engaging discussions with a wide range of companies, she said. It was already available in Europe for 10 months. We looked for high revenue purity and companies investing in their own AI capabilities.
We also looked at companies making investments, not just to keep investors happy, but also in R&D, capex, and hiring, Chai said. They have to be developing AI in a disciplined, meaningful way with real business potential. Were constantly scoring companies on multiple factors, and one has to meet certain thresholds to be in the index each quarter.
Relatively few companies are listed in both ROBO and THNQ indices, but there are several on the THNQ index that both produce and use robots, such as Amazon. Others own or invest in robotics companies themselves, such as Alphabet, JD.com, Teradyne, Shopify, and SoftBank. Still others support robotics suppliers, such as Cognex, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and Xilinx.
iRobot is thought of as a pure-play robotics company, said Chai. However, in addition to producing 25 million robots, it has evolved into an AI robotics company. The latest-generation Roomba is so much more intelligent than the first one in 2002, and with 3D sensing and more advanced software, it requires no human intervention.
iRobots strategy is engaging in neural networks and research to enable devices such as robotic vacuum cleaners, mops, or lawnmowers to talk with one another, she said. I cant think of another publicly traded smart home company like it.
With Amazon, we got a lot of pushback at first because some people thought of it only as an e-commerce platform, Chai said. They had no idea of how much resources it dedicates to building AI for search, Alexa, cashier-less stores, and being the leader in public cloud hosting. The company offers many machine learning services through Amazon Web Services, including SageMaker for building AI.
Teradyne [which owns Universal Robots, Energid, Mobile Industrial Robots, and AutoGuide Mobile Robots] makes testing equipment, and were starting to see equipment for sensors and AI, as warehouse robots get more advanced, she said. Its easy to see how collaborative robots relate to ROBO, but for THNQ, were seeing how they are focusing resources and how the next generation of cobots will have more AI components.
Like software as a service (SaaS) or robotics as a service (RaaS), ROBO Global has recognized a market opportunity for AI as a service in its new index.
Business transformation was already under way before the pandemic, Chai said. It has been accelerated as the pandemic hit retail, financial services, and virtually every industry. Going forward, we think that enterprises developing AI and cloud capabilities will gain strong momentum. Thirty percent to 40% growth is probably understating it.
THNQs strategy is to provide strong exposure to enablers, she said. There has been so much progress with semiconductors that its only accelerating digital transformation and new revenue opportunities. Many C-suite managers or boards have had discussions: We have the capabilities, why dont we sell them as service?'
Were bullish on tools that will ease the creation of AI like those for creating smartphone apps, she said. Building ready-to-use AI to improve productivity is not a fad. Rather than hosted storage in the cloud or hiring data managers, companies could scale apps as needed and reduce their IT infrastructure spend by 50% to 80%. Its really the tip of the iceberg.
Source: ROBO Global
THNQs strategy is to have a broader view of AI, which McKinsey says could have a longer-lasting and bigger impact than the cloud, Chai said. Its not just a technology ETF but about the AI revolution.
Companies like Appen and Nuance are using crowdsourcing to collect data, which is one part of building AI, she said. In healthcare, AI is starting to outperform radiologists.
While many AI startups will eventually be acquired, were excited to get into more advanced applications that need less human training and intervention, said Chai. Our strategy will evolve as we push the boundaries of where AI can grow.
Originally posted here:
THNQ fund from ROBO Global looks ahead to AI infrastructure growth - Robot Report
- Bury cloud hosting firm's profits soar during the coronavirus crisis - Bury Times - October 24th, 2020
- Trends in the Ready To Use Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020-2020 - TechnoWeekly - October 24th, 2020
- DevOps Introduction, Lifecycle, and Evolution - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 24th, 2020
- Reltio Executive to Discuss the Data-Driven Experience Economy at the Hosting + Cloud Transformation Summit 2020 - Monterey County Weekly - October 24th, 2020
- IDC Industry Will Benefit from the Growth of Cloud Computing GDS to be Listed on the HKEx - Yahoo Finance Australia - October 24th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020 Showcases Capable Growth After Covid-19 Pandemic with Top Manufacturers: DreamHost, GoDaddy, HostGator, InMotion,... - October 24th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Statistical Forecasts Based on 2020 COVID-19 Worldwide Spread and Top Players Amazon Web Services, AT... - October 24th, 2020
- Global Application Hosting Market : Industry Analysis and forecast 2020 2027: By Service Type, Hosting Type, Deployment, Enterprise Size,... - October 24th, 2020
- Trends in Application Hosting Market 2026 by Production Market Analysis and Regional Market Performance - PRnews Leader - October 24th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market 2019 Share, Size, Future Demand, Global Research, Top Leading player, Emerging Trends, Region by Forecast to 2027 - The... - October 24th, 2020
- Cloud ITSM Market Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2018 2028 - The Think Curiouser - October 24th, 2020
- Managing the Evolving Security Threat Landscape - Security Boulevard - October 6th, 2020
- Oklahoma Hospital Selects Evident EHR and TruBridge RCM Solutions for Their Integration, Intuitive Workflows, and Financial Efficiencies - Business... - October 6th, 2020
- Rural Cloud Initiative Completes First Phase of the Farm of the Future - PRNewswire - October 6th, 2020
- Best Practices for Migrating SharePoint to Office 365 - The Sports Bank - October 6th, 2020
- A-List Osthoff Resort Positions for Travel Restart; Selects Maestro PMS During Industry Pause for Guest-Focused Mobile Services and Integrated... - October 6th, 2020
- VMware is making it easier for its customers to use Microsoft's cloud, but still considers Amazon its 'preferred partner' as AWS hosting for its... - October 5th, 2020
- The cost of website hosting for small businesses in 2020 - Startups.co.uk - October 5th, 2020
- A software to keep you on top of cloud security needs - DAWN.com - October 5th, 2020
- The Fall Technology Refreshes Are Almost Here - IT Jungle - October 5th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 | Know the Latest COVID19 Impact Analysis And Strategies of Key Players: Amazon Web Services (AWS),... - October 2nd, 2020
- Aptum Releases Part One of Quarterly Cloud Impact Study - The Kingston Whig-Standard - October 2nd, 2020
- Accelerated Digital Transformation- The New Normal - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 2nd, 2020
- Edge Computing Will Drive $7 Billion of Revenue by 2025 - HostReview.com - October 2nd, 2020
- The Inside-Out of the Digital-Transformation Strategies - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 2nd, 2020
- Timico accepted into the Government (G-Cloud) framework - Bdaily - October 2nd, 2020
- What factors to consider when choosing a web hosting company | - Daily Invest News - October 2nd, 2020
- InMotion Hosting Upgrades their Dedicated Servers with Latest Intel Xeon Scalable Technology - PRNewswire - October 2nd, 2020
- Cloud Storage Service Market 2020 By Key Players, Types, Applications, Countries, Market Size, Forecast To 2026 (Based On 2020 COVID-19 Worldwide... - October 2nd, 2020
- Oracle Live 2020 - not all ERP clouds are created equal. Oracle makes the public cloud ERP case - Diginomica - October 2nd, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market : Global Strategies and Insight driven transformation 2020 2026 - SG Research Sphere - September 29th, 2020
- Detailed Profiling of Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market (Covid-19 Updated) Insights 2020 to 2026 | Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft, Tata... - September 29th, 2020
- Two Scottish firms are listed on lucrative G-Cloud 12 framework - Insider.co.uk - September 29th, 2020
- What are the Key Benefits of NetApp Cloud Manager? - CIOReview - September 29th, 2020
- Airtel And Radware Partner to Offer Cloud Security Services to Businesses in India - GlobeNewswire - September 29th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Growth, Statistics, By Application, Production, Revenue & Forecast to 2026 - The Daily Chronicle - September 29th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market 2020 | What Is The Estimated Market Size In The Upcoming Years? - The Daily Chronicle - September 29th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market 2020: Potential growth, attractive valuation make it is a long-term investment | Know the COVID19 Impact | Top... - September 29th, 2020
- Reporter's Notebook: I Live in the Best St. Cloud Neighborhood - WJON News - September 29th, 2020
- Pegasystems Inc expand its India leadership team - United News of India - September 29th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Research Report 2020-2026 By Players, Regions, Product Types & Applications | Amazon Web Services, AT... - September 29th, 2020
- Cloud 2020 In conversation with China Mobiles Eric Chiu - MyBroadband - September 29th, 2020
- An introduction to Alibaba cloud offerings - TechTarget - September 29th, 2020
- iland bridges major data protection gaps in Microsoft 365 - RealWire - September 29th, 2020
- TikTok won't be banned from US app stores. Here's why. - News@Northeastern - September 29th, 2020
- Railway Management System Market Will Reflect Significant Growth Prospects of US$ Mn during 2020-2025 with Major Key Player: ABB, Alstom, Ansaldo,... - September 29th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Global Share, Segment Analysis, Growth Drivers And Forecast To 2028 - Crypto Daily - September 29th, 2020
- 2020 Call for Code Global Challenge Finalists Selected for Innovative Solutions to Take on COVID-19 and Climate Change - GISuser.com - September 29th, 2020
- Ace Cloud Hosting Announces Partnership With ICAT Systems - AiThority - September 22nd, 2020
- Jelastic PaaS Expanded for Educational Institutions with Reclaim Cloud Hosting - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host... - September 22nd, 2020
- The travel forecast is uncertain, other than the presence of the cloud - PhocusWire - September 22nd, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Analysis, Revenue, Key Players, Trends, Growth, Size, Share and Forecast 2020 to 2028 - The Daily Chronicle - September 22nd, 2020
- Cloud-based solutions and hosting solutions are every country's overall development - Namibia Economist - September 22nd, 2020
- 5 IT spend trends to watch - CIO Dive - September 22nd, 2020
- U.S. Department of Commerce Publishes Transactions with ByteDance and Tencent That Are Prohibited Due to National Security Concerns Raised by TikTok... - September 22nd, 2020
- Cloud 2020 In conversation with Huaweis Ray Rui - MyBroadband - September 22nd, 2020
- GlobalOutlook enabling SMBs to be Productive during COVID-19 with its Fanatic Support - PR Newswire India - August 18th, 2020
- Jelastic PaaS Expanded for Educational Institutions with Reclaim Cloud Hosting in the USA, Canada and the United Kingdom - MyHostNews.com - August 18th, 2020
- Nuance Expands Availability of Cloud-Based Dragon Professional Anywhere Solution - Yahoo Finance - August 18th, 2020
- API integration of microservices needs more than a service mesh - Diginomica - August 18th, 2020
- Cloud Repatriation: Why It's More Than 'Just' Public Cloud Retreat - ITPro Today - August 18th, 2020
- Geotab Achieves FedRAMP Authorization for Its Cloud-Based Telematics Platform - Business Wire - August 18th, 2020
- Multi-Vital Ambulatory Monitor for COVID-19 Patients Launches in the US - - HIT Consultant - August 18th, 2020
- Technology Management Concepts Honored as a 'Top 100 VAR' for the 'Bob Scott's Top VAR 100' & the 'AccountingToday 2020 VAR 100' Lists - PR Web - August 18th, 2020
- Huawei is the main sponsor of the Cloud 2020 Conference - MyBroadband - August 18th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market 2020| Global Share, Comprehensive Analysis, Size, Covid-19 Analysis, Future Estimations and Key Industry Segments Poised... - August 18th, 2020
- In Contrast to 'Permanent Remote Work,' VMware Messaging Touts 'Return-to-Office' - Virtualization Review - August 18th, 2020
- New Island provides full ITSM capabilities from AWS with locally hosted BMC Helix - Intelligent CIO Africa - August 18th, 2020
- IT infrastructure that's agile - ITWeb - August 18th, 2020
- Jelastic PaaS Expanded for Educational Institutions with Reclaim Cloud Hosting in the USA, Canada and the United Kingdom - HostReview.com - August 10th, 2020
- Big Boom In Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market With A Growing CACR During 2020-2027| Med Tech Solutions Inc, Rackspace, Health Catalyst, OVH Cloud,... - August 10th, 2020
- Verizon Business Plans to Simplify and Accelerate E2E IoT Solution with Microsoft Azure - The Fast Mode - August 10th, 2020
- What you should know when creating your own website - MyBroadband - August 10th, 2020
- Palomino Inc. Completes Acquisition of GCIS Inc. to Grow Cloud Hosting and Business Application Support in Times of COVID-19 - Yahoo Finance - August 8th, 2020
- Cloud Infrastructure Services Market Research Report by Service Type, by Organization Size, by Deployment, by Vertical - Global Forecast to 2025 -... - August 8th, 2020
- Cloud Hosted vs. On-Premise vs. Self Hosted vs. Private Cloud PMS: All Platforms Have Advantages; Which is Right for You? | By Warren Dehan -... - August 8th, 2020
- Capital One to pay $80M penalty over 2019 data breach - Banking Dive - August 8th, 2020
- 16 reasons why you should move your backup to a NZ-hosted solution - IT Brief New Zealand - August 8th, 2020
- All PMS Platforms Have Advantages, But Which One is Right for Your Hotel? | - Hotel Technology News - August 8th, 2020
- Bare metal vs dedicated servers: which is the better web hosting option? - ITProPortal - August 8th, 2020