If youre familiar with web hosting, you mustve heard the term cloud hosting at some point. Its a hosting type that rather recently became popular among website owners thanks to its scalability and reliability.
What is cloud hosting exactly and what separates it from traditional hosting methods, such as shared hosting? In this article, well try to answer this question and talk about the benefits of using cloud hosting for your website.
Cloud hosting is a hosting service that lets you use resources from multiple servers to run your website. Its usually used to balance the load of each server and to improve uptime.
So, instead of having your website or applications run on a single server, cloud hosting uses server clusters or clouds that are made up of multiple virtual computers working together to execute your requests.
To put it simply, instead of depending on a single server, cloud hosting lets you tap into different servers to take only what your website and applications actually need.
Because cloud hosting is a very flexible hosting solution, many website owners and businesses have started to move their sites onto cloud platforms.
However, its worth to note that not every website is the perfect fit for the plan. For example, if youre managing a website with low, but stable traffic, and rarely exceeded the limits of your current plan, upgrading to the cloud might be excessive.
If your website gets a large surge of traffic during flash or holiday sales, then you might want to consider cloud hosting to prevent your website from slowing down.
There are many reasons why cloud hosting has become a viable option for many web owners and businesses. Here are some of them:
Gone are the days where you need extensive technical knowledge just to manage your cloud servers properly. Now, managing is easy with the intuitive dashboard most cloud hosting providers offer. No technical knowledge is needed to run and use cloud servers effectively.
Since cloud hosting uses resources of multiple virtual servers, its highly unlikely youd ever experience server downtime. If by chance a server does fail, youll be automatically transferred to another one to keep your website running.
One of the best things about cloud-based services is how easily scalable it is. In case theres a sudden traffic change towards your website, you can easily increase your cloud servers capacity without having to invest in a larger physical server.
To put it simply, your website is already equipped with multiple virtual servers ready to handle a growing and fluctuating traffic demand at any time of the day. This improves its flexibility and minimizes the risk of it being offline due to the big demand.
Scaling down is easy, too. Most cloud hosting services offer you a user-friendly website management dashboard you can use to scale up and scale out your resources.
Its true that cloud hosting seems to be more expensive compared to traditional hosting plans, but when you consider the features it provides, it turns out to be more affordable for many businesses and enterprises.
Whats more, in most cases, cloud hosting has a pay-as-you-go system. So, instead of having a set monthly cost, the hosting plan only charges you for the total of resources you used up during the time.
So, you have control over how much youre paying by scaling up and scaling out your resources given the appropriate situation. For example, scale-up when the traffic rises and scale-out once it returns to normal.
As cloud hosting allows for load balancing across multiple servers, websites with cloud-based servers load much smoother. Load balancing reduces the strain of every server resulting in faster loading times when compared to websites supported by a single server.
Data loss risk is a problem every business and web owner dreads. Saving your data on a local computer comes with a great risk of losing it permanently over some kind of unexpected error.
Most cloud hosting providers protect their user data by backing it up and storing it in different locations. This is done to prevent permanent data loss in case of a failure in the data centers.
So, unlike the traditional hosting plans that typically store your data in a single location, cloud hosting mirrors and stores your data across multiple data centers, increasing your data security.
As you can see, there are many benefits to cloud hosting that traditional hosting plans simply are not able to offer.
While it may not be the perfect fit for everyone, cloud hosting is a great investment for businesses and enterprises or even individuals who need the scalability and flexibility of multiple servers without having to spend a lot on it.
So, now that weve established the benefits of cloud hosting, contact your hosting provider and get yourself signed up for one!
Read the rest here:
What Are the Benefits of Using Cloud Hosting Over Traditional One? - India West
- Cloud Hosting vs Dedicated Server Hosting Which one is better? - PC-Tablet - April 9th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Research Report: Market Analysis on the Future Growth Prospects and Market Trends Adopted by the... - April 9th, 2020
- Demand for e-learning continues to grow as Moodle announces their newest Certified Moodle Partner: South Africa-based company The Training Room Online... - April 9th, 2020
- Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services Market What Factors will drive the Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid... - April 9th, 2020
- Latest Technology Trends in Business - 1redDrop - April 9th, 2020
- Global Video Hosting Software Market Analysis, Growth By Top Companies, Trends By Types and Application, Forecast To 2024 - Science In Me - April 9th, 2020
- AWS: the worlds most comprehensive cloud platform - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - April 6th, 2020
- Summit Hosting Offers 90 Days of Free Cloud Hosting to Help Small and Medium Businesses Operate Remotely During COVID-19 - Benzinga - April 6th, 2020
- Why large non-profits opt for small hosting companies over the cloud - BestTechie - April 6th, 2020
- Special Report on Cloud ERP in the Aftermath of COVID-19 to Be Hosted by ERP Advisors Group - EconomyWatch.com - April 6th, 2020
- On the tech horizon: Here's a look at what's coming across NC in May - WRAL Tech Wire - April 6th, 2020
- Top 9 Reasons Your District Should be Moving to the Cloud - STN Media - School Transportation News - April 1st, 2020
- MSPs: Time to Reinvent - Channel Futures - April 1st, 2020
- Global Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 Industry Statistics on Key Trends, Growth and Opportunities to 2025 - Monroe Scoop - April 1st, 2020
- Health Catalyst Launches Four Additional COVID-19 Solutions and a Modular Bundle - The Herald Journal - April 1st, 2020
- Tech pitches in to fight COVID-19 pandemic - Computerworld - April 1st, 2020
- Transitioning Your Enterprise Workload? Read This First - Forbes - March 23rd, 2020
- Hybrid cloud - The business infrastructure of tomorrow - Techerati - March 23rd, 2020
- On the horizon: 57 meetups, conferences & networking events across NC in April - WRAL Tech Wire - March 23rd, 2020
- The Four Main Reasons Your Cloud Spending Is Out of Control - Cloud Wars - March 21st, 2020
- Everyone needs the cloud now more than ever. So understand AWS, Azure and more for under $25. - The Next Web - March 21st, 2020
- Zoom warns investors they may become a victim of their own success as costs spiral - MSPoweruser - MSPoweruser - March 21st, 2020
- Leostream to the Remote Access Rescue - Associated Press - March 21st, 2020
- AMD and Intel have a formidable new foe but youll never guess who it is - TechRadar - March 21st, 2020
- Business Process-as-a-Service (BPaaS) Market To Reach USD 120.70 Billion By 2026 Growing at a CAGR of 12.6% - Weather News Point - March 21st, 2020
- Realising the impact of unsecured container deployments: A guide - Cloud Tech - March 20th, 2020
- Leostream to the Remote Access Rescue - Yahoo Finance - March 20th, 2020
- Friday night music jam hosted by Tony Oldand goes live online tonight for musicians and music fans looking to be cheered up - Beach Metro News - March 20th, 2020
- This Week in Jobs: Puppies and Rainbows Edition - Technical.ly Brooklyn - March 20th, 2020
- Firms go remote at breakneck speed in response to coronavirus - Accounting Today - March 20th, 2020
- Web Hosting Services Market 2019-2023 | Increase in the Number of E-commerce Vendors to Boost Growth | Technavio - Yahoo Finance - March 20th, 2020
- COIN.HOST: Security, Privacy and Excellence Applied To Web Hosting In The Crypto Market - UseTheBitcoin - March 20th, 2020
- YouTube fails to clarify whether reduced streaming quality will impact live events - Cloud Pro - March 20th, 2020
- Are two clouds better than one? - ITWeb - March 20th, 2020
- Will coronavirus change the way we view tech? - BusinessCloud - March 20th, 2020
- QualiSpace Launched Tally on the Cloud - IT News Online - March 13th, 2020
- BeBop, Sony Ci to Hold Post-Production in the Cloud Webinar March 18 - Media & Entertainment Services Alliance M&E Daily Newsletter - March 13th, 2020
- Disruptive tech trends: Fintech leads Twitter mentions in February 2020 - Verdict - March 13th, 2020
- Minimize business impact of coronavirus - IT World Canada - March 13th, 2020
- Software for scheduling appointment in beauty salons Software as a service vs WordPress Plugins vs Local Applications - Mighty Gadget - March 13th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020 By Top Key Players/Manufacturers, Type and Application, Regions, Industry Analysis, Growth, Size, Trends and... - March 12th, 2020
- Amazon: Linux-based Bottlerocket is our new OS for hosting containers in the cloud - ZDNet - March 12th, 2020
- PTC Unlocks Huge Time Savings for Developers & Technical Designers with New Samples Console in FlexPLM Version 11.2 - Which PLM - March 12th, 2020
- Cybersecurity in a time of coronavirus - Accounting Today - March 12th, 2020
- VMware : UKCloud Health awarded place on new 3bn framework from NHS London Procurement Partnership - marketscreener.com - March 12th, 2020
- UKCloud Health awarded place on new 3bn framework from NHS London Procurement Partnership - RealWire - March 12th, 2020
- Cloud ITSM Market Current Trends and Future Aspect Analysis 2018 2028 - 3rd Watch News - March 12th, 2020
- How to pick the right third-party CI/CD tool for the cloud - TechTarget - March 12th, 2020
- Recovery and restoration of content from blogs and windows web hosting UK websites - Lifesly.com - March 12th, 2020
- IBS Software Takes Lufthansa Cargo Handling to the Cloud - PRNewswire - March 10th, 2020
- New realms of measurement, connected data silos, and more in 2020 (Reader Forum) - RCR Wireless News - March 10th, 2020
- Introduction to the Firebase Database - Database Journal - March 10th, 2020
- Source Code Escrow Agreements Are Reaching For The Cloud - JD Supra - March 10th, 2020
- Google expanding cloud hosting presence in Canada with Toronto location - MobileSyrup - March 7th, 2020
- Mission-critical services migrating to the cloud in 2020 - TechRepublic - March 7th, 2020
- From Paper to Digital the Benefits of Cloud and SaaS Platforms for Lab Productivity - Technology Networks - March 7th, 2020
- Version Control Hosting Software Market Rising Trends and Technology Outlook 2019 to 2025 - News Times - March 7th, 2020
- Standing wave cloud at sunrise, over Zimbabwe - EarthSky - March 7th, 2020
- Standard Bank partners with Microsoft and SAP to accelerate its digital journey - BusinessTech - March 7th, 2020
- Meet the New Navisite: A Modern Managed Cloud Service Provider Accelerating IT Transformation for Thousands of Global Brands - AiThority - March 4th, 2020
- Navisite Transforms to Modern Managed Cloud Service Provider - Database Trends and Applications - March 4th, 2020
- SophosLabs Reports on Cloud Snooper, an Advanced Targeted Attack that Allows Malware to Communicate Across Firewalls - CXOToday.com - March 4th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market- Global Business Growing Strategies, Technological Innovation And Emerging Trends Of Outlook To 2026 - Feed Road - March 4th, 2020
- Microsoft Goes All-In On RPA (Robotic Process Automation) - Forbes - March 4th, 2020
- Personal/Private Cloud Market by Revenue (Direct and Indirect), Hosting (User and Provider) and Deployment (Individuals, Small businesses and Medium... - March 4th, 2020
- ACS transforms disaster recovery with VMware and Routed - TechCentral - March 4th, 2020
- Amazon Lightsail offers cheap WordPress hosting in the cloud - Coywolf News - February 28th, 2020
- Northumberlands move to Oracle cloud apps hands control over from IT to end users - Diginomica - February 28th, 2020
- Ankr Partners With LTO Network; Announces Node Hosting and Campaign - CryptoNewsZ - February 28th, 2020
- FastComet is Now Powered by AMD EPYC to Dramatically Improve Reliability, Speed, and Security of Its High-Performance Servers - HostReview.com - February 28th, 2020
- Two Rare Cloud Features Appear Over New Hampshire's Mount Washington - Smithsonian.com - February 28th, 2020
- Source Code Escrow Agreements Are Reaching For The Cloud - Law360 - February 28th, 2020
- Millennials to Drive Bitcoin Higher: 4 Stocks to Watch - Nasdaq - February 28th, 2020
- Why CFOs are turning to hosting as they move to in-house accounts - Financial Director - February 28th, 2020
- Harnessing the benefits of HSCN requires more than just 'connectivity' - Open Access Government - February 28th, 2020
- Two new higher education institutions select OnBase hosted in the Hyland Cloud - PRNewswire - February 27th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Types and Applications Outlook, Industry Drivers, Ongoing Trends, Future Demand, Challenges, Top Companies & Forecast... - February 27th, 2020
- Alibaba to give out free cloud to help businesses affected by Coronavirus - Data Economy - February 27th, 2020
- Arizona Health Information Exchange Launches NextGen Healthcare Health Data Hub to Improve the Physician Experience and Enhance Patient Care - Yahoo... - February 27th, 2020
- Financial organisations leading the way for hybrid cloud, Nutanix finds - DataCentreNews Europe - February 27th, 2020