Web hosting is an integral part of any business today. It is also a very important decision to make. Choosing the wrong company that does not support a specific type of business can cause damage to the companys online presence and in time revenue that they could make.
The web hosting industry has grown immensely and is predicted to grow even more in the next five to seven years. Many big companies have websites, online stores and chatbots to interact with their customers. Many consumers prefer surfing the web and enquire, order or shop online than phoning or emailing. Consumers now search and compare prices on the web without going to the physical stores and this is unlikely to change in a pandemic world without a solution in place.
Adriaan Brits, the CEO of Sitetrail, says our company invested in the expertise of top analysts to determine a more just global ranking system for web providers. We wanted the ability to show the public at any given moment in time who the best web hosting companies are based on different criteria. I think we succeeded at that but still need ongoing consumer updates to ensure that our reviews remain highly reliable and valid in a dynamic market.
There are so many factors to consider when choosing the right web hosting company for a business. Consider the following factors:
What type of business it is, an online store will be different from a blog or a normal web page, then seek the company that best supports the specific type of business.
What the company needs and goals are. Will it be a site that will have lots of traffic, then choose the best web host suitable to handle bigger amounts of traffic. If it is a small site yet the goal is to grow within the next few months, choose a more flexible hosting provider or a pay-for-what-you-use provider.
Consider what type of hosting plan you would like. There are three different hosting plans, dedicated, shared and cloud hosting. Each with their own pros and cons. We recommend shared hosting for smaller, starting businesses because it is cheaper however it can handle too much traffic. For bigger businesses cloud and dedicated hosting might be a better option as the traffic can be much more, however the costs are also slightly more.
A very important consideration would be uptime. Amazon went down for 30 minutes in 2013 and each minute cost them $66,240. One would not want to pay for a website which is down more than it is up. Do some research on the web hosting providers and read reviews to see if the downtime is at a minimum.
Loading speed is another important factor to consider. A page loading speed has to be two seconds or less, if not consumers will be left more frustrated and probably move on the competitors site.
Look at the flexibility of the web hosting providers. If the website needs to be upgraded or moved to a new plan or a new company, it should be able to do it fast and effectively with as little downtime as possible.
Make sure the monthly fees are within budget. Look at the signing up and renewal fees. Many hosting providers have hidden costs through other products they offer. Some hosting providers offer certain features for free for the first month and then when the bill hits in month two business owners are shocked. Some hosting providers also offer pay-what-you-use options, which can save money in the beginning, but as the page grows the cost on the page also increases. Read the T&Cs on everything and enquire on extra or hidden costs before committing.
Try out a free trial before committing to a certain company. Opt for a company that provides this option, one would quickly see if the hosting services would be the correct fit without money implications.
Make sure the website is backed up. Some hosting providers offer automatic back ups which is great, others would charge an extra fee. Do some research and ask the right questions.
Having a web hosting provider is essential. We recommend doing loads of research before committing, reading as many reviews as possible and comparing providers prices and features with each other. It is possible to do side-by-side reviews too, for example Siteground VS Bluehost or any other provider like Godaddy and A2 Hosting. It really comes down to finding reliable reviews that are unbiased.
Jacob is a native of New York and an experienced SEO, Financial News and Analysis writer and commentator
- Cloud Technology and Healthcare Evolution: Microsoft in the Spotlight HIT Consultant - HIT Consultant - August 1st, 2021
- Hostwinds Review 2021: Not The Cheapest Web Hosting Option, But A Quality One - Forbes - August 1st, 2021
- How We Cancel-Proofed Our Online Start-Up By Leaving The Cloud - The Federalist - August 1st, 2021
- Only 50% of Amazon Is Retail - Marketplace Pulse - August 1st, 2021
- The 6 Most Popular Types of Web Hosting Services in 2021 - London Post - August 1st, 2021
- HTML smuggling is the latest cybercrime tactic you need to worry about - TechRepublic - August 1st, 2021
- This business is enabling a new level of personalisation with cloud technology - YourStory - August 1st, 2021
- Kingsport's Cloud Park to close on August 1 WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather - WJHL-TV News Channel 11 - August 1st, 2021
- Red Hat and Nutanix Announce Strategic Partnership to Deliver Open Hybrid Multicloud Solutions - Business Wire - August 1st, 2021
- The Preserve hosts pro disc golf tournament this weekend in Clearwater - SC Times - August 1st, 2021
- Navigating data sovereignty through complexity - Information Age - August 1st, 2021
- GeekTek, MSP of the Year, to Rebrand as XOverture - WFMZ Allentown - August 1st, 2021
- Cloud services: Finding the right fit - IT Brief Australia - August 1st, 2021
- What are the top ten web hosting trends? Film Daily - Film Daily - August 1st, 2021
- Corporate Participation in the Open Source Community | Expert Advice - LinuxInsider.com - August 1st, 2021
- Web hosting trends: moving services to the cloud - TechRadar - July 27th, 2021
- Syntax and AWS SAP Migration Factory Launch to Support Customers in Migrating and Modernizing their SAP Systems on AWS - Yahoo Finance - July 27th, 2021
- The Center for Health Affairs Partners with ORock Technologies to Offer IT Infrastructure and Cloud Solutions - Markets Insider - July 27th, 2021
- Replicated raises $50 million for its on-prem software delivery tools - SiliconANGLE News - July 27th, 2021
- Vital Images and CloudWave Partner to Bring Secure Cloud-Based Enterprise Imaging Solutions to Healthcare Delivery Organizations - Business Wire - July 27th, 2021
- HostArmada A Review of the Global Web Hosting Solutions Provider - TechBullion - July 27th, 2021
- Explore the benefits of data center as a service - TechTarget - July 27th, 2021
- Microsoft made $167m a day in profit, every day, over the past 12 months - The Register - July 27th, 2021
- Remember when Microsoft devs got so excited about Windows 8 features, Twitter thought it was under attack? - The Register - July 27th, 2021
- 8 Open Source GitHub Repositories That Are Trending Right Now - Analytics India Magazine - July 27th, 2021
- Managed Services Markets, 2026 - Focus on Managed Security, Managed Network, and Managed Data Center and IT Infrastructure - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - July 27th, 2021
- Element bolsters decentralized team messaging with $30M raise - VentureBeat - July 27th, 2021
- Sage Partner Cloud expands path to the cloud for US - GlobeNewswire - July 25th, 2021
- Autocross Returns to St. Cloud, Circuit Coming in 2022 [PHOTOS] - WJON News - July 25th, 2021
- Sage Partner Cloud expands path to the cloud for U.S. - Headlines of Today - Headlines of Today - July 25th, 2021
- InMotion Hosting vs DreamHost: Pick the best web hosting for your business - TechRadar - July 25th, 2021
- Zoom to buy cloud-based call center operator Five9 in $15 bln deal - Reuters - July 25th, 2021
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2021- Global Industry Analysis by Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast To 2027 Murphy's Hockey Law - Murphy's... - July 25th, 2021
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2025| Amazon Web Services, AT & T, Google, GoDaddy, Dreamhost, Earthlink, and... - July 25th, 2021
- A lot of websites are down - Business Insider - July 25th, 2021
- Pfizer saved millions by shifting cold data into the cloud. Could you do the same? - The Register - July 25th, 2021
- Govt forced to release overdue COVIDSafe report - iTnews - July 25th, 2021
- The ransomware risk management calculus is changing for OT, ICS and critical infrastructure - TechRepublic - July 25th, 2021
- Summit Hosting Expands Cloud Hosting Services with Acquisition of I-Business Network's Cloud Services Practice - PRNewswire - July 1st, 2021
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Analytical Overview, Growth Factors, Demand and Trends Forecast to 2027 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - July 1st, 2021
- DOD CIO takes heat on the Hill for pace of MilCloud 2.0 migrations - FCW.com - July 1st, 2021
- Technology 101: What is the cloud, where is it and why should you care? - American Press - July 1st, 2021
- Aunalytics Announces FedRAMP Ready Status of Its Cloud - StreetInsider.com - July 1st, 2021
- Vertafore unveils next generation of ImageRight to transform productivity and user experience for insurers - PRNewswire - July 1st, 2021
- Brighton business Hyve takes home two prestigious awards - The Argus - July 1st, 2021
- Apple will be the biggest customer of Google Cloud - SwordsToday.ie - July 1st, 2021
- Get a dedicated server in five minutes - The Register - July 1st, 2021
- Azure to host worlds largest geospatial data platform, over 100 petabytes of 3D data - IT Brief New Zealand - July 1st, 2021
- Aunalytics Announces FedRAMP Ready Status of Its Cloud - GlobeNewswire - June 29th, 2021
- ScalaHosting and AWS to deliver new SPanel web hosting capabilities - TechRadar - June 29th, 2021
- Vertafore unveils next generation of ImageRight to transform productivity and user experience for insurers - Yahoo Finance - June 29th, 2021
- BMO Global Asset Management (EMEA) Deploys NICE Cloud Compliance Recording for Microsoft Teams to Support Remote Workforce and Full Agility - Business... - June 29th, 2021
- What is GitHub? How to start using the code hosting platform - Business Insider - June 29th, 2021
- Increasing Government Resilience with Cloud-Based Disaster Recovery - GovTech - June 29th, 2021
- Google and Ericsson team up to help enterprises apply 5G in their operations - SiliconANGLE News - June 29th, 2021
- Frequent Disaster Recovery Testing Is Critical To Meeting Recovery Objectives, New iland Study Finds - GlobeNewswire - June 29th, 2021
- Deals: Save 93% on the iBrave Cloud Web Hosting Lifetime Subscription - Geeky Gadgets - June 22nd, 2021
- 2 St. Cloud DFLers to host town halls as special session and state budget work wraps up - SC Times - June 22nd, 2021
- Summer is back! And so are our community festivals. Show up and show your support - SC Times - June 22nd, 2021
- Bare Metal Cloud Market Condition, Estimations and Forecast By 2027 |IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Centurylink Incorporation, Rackspace... - June 22nd, 2021
- 5 Best Web Development in Chicago - Kev's Best - June 22nd, 2021
- Verito Technologies forays into QuickBooks Hosting Services, Accelerating their Cloud Transformation During the Pandemic | The Magazineplus - The... - June 19th, 2021
- Inflexion will combine ANS and UKFast to create cloud and digital group - ComputerWeekly.com - June 19th, 2021
- Understanding the Multi-Cloud Approach: What It Is and Why It's Important - CMSWire - June 19th, 2021
- Agencies Embrace the Year of Multicloud - Nextgov - June 19th, 2021
- MEA Cloud Computing Market worth $31.4 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets - PRNewswire - June 19th, 2021
- Global Video Conferencing Market to see Surge in Growth to $22.5 Billion Between 2021 and 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - June 19th, 2021
- PracticeEvolve announce Pathway to the Cloud allowing firms to level up - Today's Conveyancer - June 19th, 2021
- PE group backing UKFast buys IT specialist to form new entity, leading to 100 new jobs | TheBusinessDesk.com - The Business Desk - June 19th, 2021
- How to build a CI/CD pipeline with Azure and GitHub - TechTarget - June 19th, 2021
- Business Process as a Service Market Will Boast Developments in Global Industry by 2021-2026 || Key Players International Business Machines ,Infosys... - June 19th, 2021
- ZOL to stop providing email and Webhosting services directly, customers to be migrated to Microsoft 365 at start of July - Technology Zimbabwe - June 19th, 2021
- Multicluster Management with Kubernetes and Istio The New Stack - thenewstack.io - June 19th, 2021
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Consumption Status and Prospects Professional Industry Research Report 2027 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - June 12th, 2021
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market By Excellent Opportunities, Industry Growth, Size, And Statistics Forecasts Up To 2026 KSU | The... - June 12th, 2021
- Global Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2021 Opportunities and Key Players To 2027 Rackspace, Datapipe, Sify, NTT Communications, NxtGen, BT The... - June 12th, 2021
- Verint Announces Strong Cloud Growth in the First Quarter - Business Wire - June 12th, 2021
- Troubleshooting cloud migrating problems, before they cause a storm - TechNative - June 12th, 2021
- Save 50% off a hosted Mac Mini subscription from MacStadium with this exclusive WWDC offer - 9to5Mac - June 12th, 2021
- Apple unveils new privacy features in iOS 15 and other products - CBS News - June 12th, 2021