Web hosting is an integral part of any business today. It is also a very important decision to make. Choosing the wrong company that does not support a specific type of business can cause damage to the companys online presence and in time revenue that they could make.
The web hosting industry has grown immensely and is predicted to grow even more in the next five to seven years. Many big companies have websites, online stores and chatbots to interact with their customers. Many consumers prefer surfing the web and enquire, order or shop online than phoning or emailing. Consumers now search and compare prices on the web without going to the physical stores and this is unlikely to change in a pandemic world without a solution in place.
Adriaan Brits, the CEO of Sitetrail, says our company invested in the expertise of top analysts to determine a more just global ranking system for web providers. We wanted the ability to show the public at any given moment in time who the best web hosting companies are based on different criteria. I think we succeeded at that but still need ongoing consumer updates to ensure that our reviews remain highly reliable and valid in a dynamic market.
There are so many factors to consider when choosing the right web hosting company for a business. Consider the following factors:
What type of business it is, an online store will be different from a blog or a normal web page, then seek the company that best supports the specific type of business.
What the company needs and goals are. Will it be a site that will have lots of traffic, then choose the best web host suitable to handle bigger amounts of traffic. If it is a small site yet the goal is to grow within the next few months, choose a more flexible hosting provider or a pay-for-what-you-use provider.
Consider what type of hosting plan you would like. There are three different hosting plans, dedicated, shared and cloud hosting. Each with their own pros and cons. We recommend shared hosting for smaller, starting businesses because it is cheaper however it can handle too much traffic. For bigger businesses cloud and dedicated hosting might be a better option as the traffic can be much more, however the costs are also slightly more.
A very important consideration would be uptime. Amazon went down for 30 minutes in 2013 and each minute cost them $66,240. One would not want to pay for a website which is down more than it is up. Do some research on the web hosting providers and read reviews to see if the downtime is at a minimum.
Loading speed is another important factor to consider. A page loading speed has to be two seconds or less, if not consumers will be left more frustrated and probably move on the competitors site.
Look at the flexibility of the web hosting providers. If the website needs to be upgraded or moved to a new plan or a new company, it should be able to do it fast and effectively with as little downtime as possible.
Make sure the monthly fees are within budget. Look at the signing up and renewal fees. Many hosting providers have hidden costs through other products they offer. Some hosting providers offer certain features for free for the first month and then when the bill hits in month two business owners are shocked. Some hosting providers also offer pay-what-you-use options, which can save money in the beginning, but as the page grows the cost on the page also increases. Read the T&Cs on everything and enquire on extra or hidden costs before committing.
Try out a free trial before committing to a certain company. Opt for a company that provides this option, one would quickly see if the hosting services would be the correct fit without money implications.
Make sure the website is backed up. Some hosting providers offer automatic back ups which is great, others would charge an extra fee. Do some research and ask the right questions.
Having a web hosting provider is essential. We recommend doing loads of research before committing, reading as many reviews as possible and comparing providers prices and features with each other. It is possible to do side-by-side reviews too, for example Siteground VS Bluehost or any other provider like Godaddy and A2 Hosting. It really comes down to finding reliable reviews that are unbiased.
Jacob is a native of New York and an experienced SEO, Financial News and Analysis writer and commentator
- Application Hosting Market Overview with Qualitative analysis, Competitive landscape & Forecast by 2027 - The Market Feed - November 30th, 2020
- 10 questions every agency should ask their managed hosting provider - The Drum - November 30th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market by Key Players, Product and Production Information analysis and forecast to 2026 - Murphy's Hockey Law - November 30th, 2020
- EdgeConnex Collaborates with Zenlayer to Improve Cloud Adoption - Database Trends and Applications - November 30th, 2020
- Radware Ranked by Gartner in Critical Capabilities for Cloud Web Application and API Protection Report - GlobeNewswire - November 30th, 2020
- Cloud ITSM Market Latest Report with Forecast to 2028 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - November 30th, 2020
- January is going to be a very eventful month here's an exclusive look at what's on the calendar - WRAL Tech Wire - November 30th, 2020
- Cloud Computing | RackCloudSpace | The Magazineplus - The Magazine Plus - November 28th, 2020
- Sagenext Relies on phoenixNAP to Deliver Superior Tax and Accounting Software Hosting Services - PR Web - November 28th, 2020
- Dundee City Council has moved IT workloads to the Cloud - DatacenterDynamics - November 28th, 2020
- VMware Reports Fiscal Year 2021 Third Quarter Results - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - November 28th, 2020
- Automation to shape cybersecurity activities in 2021 - Help Net Security - November 28th, 2020
- Professional Services Automation Market Share, Size, Analysis, Growth, Industry Statistics and Forecast 2025 - Khabar South Asia - November 28th, 2020
- End-user spending on India public cloud to rise nearly 30% next year - iTWire - November 28th, 2020
- This Week in Jobs DE: Gigs and giblets for the hungry job hunter - Technical.ly Delaware - November 28th, 2020
- Financial services companies are starting to use the cloud for big data and AI processing - TechRepublic - November 19th, 2020
- Latest Update 2020: Cloud Hosting Service Market by COVID19 Impact Analysis And Top Manufacturers: A2 Hosting, SiteGround, InMotion, HostGator,... - November 19th, 2020
- ICE plans $100 million in cloud spend on AWS and Azure - DatacenterDynamics - November 19th, 2020
- The Hyper Digitization Era Blessing in disguise for the technology industry - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host... - November 19th, 2020
- 'China-Backed Hacking Group' Allegedly Works on Global Campaign Targeting Automotives, Pharmaceutica - Tech Times - November 19th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Report Examines Analysis by Latest Trends, Growth Factors, Key Players and Forecast to 2028 - TechnoWeekly - November 19th, 2020
- Latest Study explores the Microserver Market Witness Highest Growth in near future - AlgosOnline - November 19th, 2020
- DLT Solutions Bolsters Hybrid Cloud, AI, Security and Other Software Offerings for the U.S. Public Sector with IBM Solutions - Inside NoVA - November 19th, 2020
- 8 Valuable Tips for Securing your Data on the Cloud in 2020 - DC Velocity - November 10th, 2020
- Public Cloud: The Indispensable Component for Businesses - HostReview.com - November 10th, 2020
- Datto Announces Third Quarter 2020 Financial Results Conference Call - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - November 10th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Size, Drivers, Potential Growth Opportunities, Competitive Landscape, Trends And Forecast To 2027 - Eurowire - November 10th, 2020
- Google Cloud and OVHcloud team up for European 'trusted cloud solution' partnership - Cloud Tech - November 10th, 2020
- Microsoft: New VS Code update is out plus here's what GitHub Codespaces will cost - ZDNet - November 10th, 2020
- Cloud service provider DC Two to float on the ASX as DC2 - iTMunch - November 10th, 2020
- Global It Infrastructure Services Market Analysis and Forecast to 2026 by Recent Trends, Development and Regional Growth Overview - Zenit News - November 10th, 2020
- Global Sales Force Automation Software Market Size, Analytical Overview, Growth Factors, Demand, Trends and Forecast to 2025 - AlgosOnline - November 10th, 2020
- SAP HANA Hosting Super-Powered by WorldPosta's Cloud "Pool of Resources" - PR Web - November 8th, 2020
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020 | Know the Companies List Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of COVID-19 | Top Companies:... - November 8th, 2020
- Create your own VPN for pennies with the cheapest virtual compute instance around - TechRadar - November 8th, 2020
- Web Hosting Services Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19 - Eurowire - November 8th, 2020
- How IONOS is looking towards privacy and Europe for a solid share of the cloud market - Cloud Tech - November 8th, 2020
- Cloud Infrastructure Services Market Research, Size, Share Analysis by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application to 2026 - PRnews Leader - November 8th, 2020
- Cloud Computing Market Analysis, COVID-19 Impact,Outlook, Opportunities, Size, Share Forecast and Supply Demand 2021-2027|Trusted Business Insights -... - November 8th, 2020
- What is web hosting? - Creative Bloq - November 8th, 2020
- The Enterprise of Tomorrow, Built on the Cloud and Edge - ETCIO.com - November 8th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 | Size and Forecast Research 2025 With Covid-19 Impact Analysis And Top Performing Players (Amazon Web... - November 8th, 2020
- Global Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Expected To Reach Highest CAGR By 2026: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft, Tata Communications,... - November 8th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Analysis and In-depth Research on Size, Trends, Emerging Growth Factors and Forecasts 2026 - PRnews Leader - November 8th, 2020
- Cloud Computing Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19 - Eurowire - November 8th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market To Witness Significant Growth By 2020-2028 - TechnoWeekly - November 8th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market by Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast by 2026 - Eurowire - November 8th, 2020
- Digital.com Announces Best WordPress Hosting Companies of 2020 - PR Web - November 8th, 2020
- Edge Data Solutions, Inc. Adds Joshua Holmes, Managing Partner of Lightspeed Hosting, LLC to the Advisory Board - GlobeNewswire - November 8th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Manufacturing Cost Structure | Growth Opportunities, COVID 19 Drivers and Restraints to 2027: ,A2... - October 29th, 2020
- Webscale Partners With Redstage to Deliver World-Class Security and Scale to Global B2B/B2C Brands - GlobeNewswire - October 29th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Precise Summary of Regions Evolving, Technology, Trends | Forecast Up To 2026 Landa, Wedderburn, Giave, Greydon,... - October 29th, 2020
- Mission launches its most comprehensive AWS Managed Cloud Service with Mission Cloud One - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News -... - October 29th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2020 Future Trends Analysis, Explosive Factors of Revenue by Manufacturing Size, Share and Forecast to 2026... - October 29th, 2020
- Bury cloud hosting firm's profits soar during the coronavirus crisis - Bury Times - October 24th, 2020
- Trends in the Ready To Use Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020-2020 - TechnoWeekly - October 24th, 2020
- DevOps Introduction, Lifecycle, and Evolution - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 24th, 2020
- Reltio Executive to Discuss the Data-Driven Experience Economy at the Hosting + Cloud Transformation Summit 2020 - Monterey County Weekly - October 24th, 2020
- IDC Industry Will Benefit from the Growth of Cloud Computing GDS to be Listed on the HKEx - Yahoo Finance Australia - October 24th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market 2020 Showcases Capable Growth After Covid-19 Pandemic with Top Manufacturers: DreamHost, GoDaddy, HostGator, InMotion,... - October 24th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Statistical Forecasts Based on 2020 COVID-19 Worldwide Spread and Top Players Amazon Web Services, AT... - October 24th, 2020
- Global Application Hosting Market : Industry Analysis and forecast 2020 2027: By Service Type, Hosting Type, Deployment, Enterprise Size,... - October 24th, 2020
- Trends in Application Hosting Market 2026 by Production Market Analysis and Regional Market Performance - PRnews Leader - October 24th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market 2019 Share, Size, Future Demand, Global Research, Top Leading player, Emerging Trends, Region by Forecast to 2027 - The... - October 24th, 2020
- Cloud ITSM Market Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2018 2028 - The Think Curiouser - October 24th, 2020
- Managing the Evolving Security Threat Landscape - Security Boulevard - October 6th, 2020
- Oklahoma Hospital Selects Evident EHR and TruBridge RCM Solutions for Their Integration, Intuitive Workflows, and Financial Efficiencies - Business... - October 6th, 2020
- Rural Cloud Initiative Completes First Phase of the Farm of the Future - PRNewswire - October 6th, 2020
- Best Practices for Migrating SharePoint to Office 365 - The Sports Bank - October 6th, 2020
- A-List Osthoff Resort Positions for Travel Restart; Selects Maestro PMS During Industry Pause for Guest-Focused Mobile Services and Integrated... - October 6th, 2020
- VMware is making it easier for its customers to use Microsoft's cloud, but still considers Amazon its 'preferred partner' as AWS hosting for its... - October 5th, 2020
- The cost of website hosting for small businesses in 2020 - Startups.co.uk - October 5th, 2020
- A software to keep you on top of cloud security needs - DAWN.com - October 5th, 2020
- The Fall Technology Refreshes Are Almost Here - IT Jungle - October 5th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 | Know the Latest COVID19 Impact Analysis And Strategies of Key Players: Amazon Web Services (AWS),... - October 2nd, 2020
- Aptum Releases Part One of Quarterly Cloud Impact Study - The Kingston Whig-Standard - October 2nd, 2020
- Accelerated Digital Transformation- The New Normal - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 2nd, 2020
- Edge Computing Will Drive $7 Billion of Revenue by 2025 - HostReview.com - October 2nd, 2020
- The Inside-Out of the Digital-Transformation Strategies - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 2nd, 2020
- Timico accepted into the Government (G-Cloud) framework - Bdaily - October 2nd, 2020