Cloud-in-a-box promises to be revolutionary for businesses across the board, taking efficiency and innovation to new heights, ultimately allowing them to delight their customers.
Imagine youre a healthcare provider, retail chain, or large bank with hundreds of locations scattered across dozens of communities. Each location may require servers for critical business applications and an ever-increasing number of IoT devices to deliver the desired customer experience. Connecting everything to allow access to data, content, and any enterprise applications housed in remote data centers or public clouds will usually also require additional on-site network devices such as routers, firewalls, and session border controllers, among others. Enter cloud-in-a-box.
What if we said goodbye to the typical collection of disparate hardware at each site and instead used a single, more capable device that combined virtual network functions with the virtual applications required to run the enterprise? To deliver improved customer experiences, businesses like manufacturers, retailers, and hospitals can embrace the adaptability, reliability, and scalability that virtualized networks provide. Those that do can increase efficiency, reach new heights in customer satisfaction, and see reduced OpEx along the way.
For example, a retailer will typically have servers running applications that support secure payment processing, inventory management, Point-of-Sale promotions as well as network devices for routing, firewalls for security, and load balancing to manage connectivity to other sites, suppliers, and cloud providers.
If any one application or network function goes down or the device needs to be replaced, upgraded, or patched, IT staff are usually required to make an in-person visit for troubleshooting and maintenance. In-person visits are known to be service velocity killers and significant cost drivers. They can disrupt operations at the site for hours or days. Whats worse is that any issue, and its associated costs, can crop up in multiple sites simultaneously, multiplying the time and money required to get sites up and running again.
Virtualization eliminates this kind of business disruption. Better yet, it supercharges innovation, eliminating pains while delivering gains at the same time.
Cloud-in-a-box, which is perhaps more commonly referred to as Business in a Box or Infrastructure in a Box, is ushering in a new era of efficiency and innovation for enterprises in our increasingly application-heavy world. With this approach, business applications and Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs) are rolled into a single physical device, which sits at the edge and is managed from a central location.
Think about when you install or update an application on your smartphone; what if a technician had to meet you in person rather than just clicking a button yourself? That would take a lot of time, money, and resources to happen since applications are constantly being updated.
With smartphones, were able to download new applications and updates as fast as download speeds permit. New security patches and features are rolled out within minutes, and developers are able to use insights from application usage to optimize and improve the user experience.
This scenario is the reality for enterprises today as workloads are moving more quickly, the virtualized edge enables quicker innovation and faster deployment of applications to branch locations.
Lets look at a manufacturer as an example. Smart milling machines within this enterprises Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) require low latency to function at their designed precision. They are able to run unique IIoT and private 5G applications. With a cloud-in-a-box deployment, all applications and VNFs can be deployed across all plants, regardless of where theyre based in the world. That increases consistency, improves reliability, and provides additional paths for business continuity. These intelligent cloud platforms allow the development of applications that improve process controls, assist inventory tracking, and provide real-time performance measurement. They can provide insight from different manufacturing operations management systems and aid in accelerating root-cause analysis.
Service providers can generate new revenue by providing both the onsite cloud-in-a-box capabilities as well as by providing multi-tenant application hosting/compute capabilities in a central office serving multiple customer locations in a metro area.
How close are we to this technology being a reality? Closer than you may think! To get there, we need software-enabled adaptive networks with open architectures, which not only allow service providers to adaptably support multiple customers with a variety of application needs but which also allow enterprises the choice and flexibility of VNF and application vendors in a best-of-breed method. According to our estimates, this can save the business up to 40% in OpEx.
Cloud-in-a-box is set to provide a way for us to make the management of branch IT simpler. This promises to be revolutionary for businesses across the board, taking efficiency and innovation to new heights, ultimately allowing them to delight their customers. Service providers must now aim to do the same.
Originally posted here:
Ushering in the Next Era of Innovation with Cloud-in-a-Box - RTInsights
- Get ready for hybrid cloud with Azure Arc Jumpstart and ArcBox - TechRepublic - August 3rd, 2021
- Supercomputers are becoming another cloud service. Here's what it means - ZDNet - August 3rd, 2021
- The AWS Shared Responsibility Model: Everything You Need to Know - Security Boulevard - August 3rd, 2021
- Top 5 Benefits of Cloud Infrastructure Security - Security Boulevard - August 3rd, 2021
- Will Windows 365 Change the Future of PCs? | Internet News - InternetNews.com - August 3rd, 2021
- Digging into the Atos-Nimbix Deal: Big US HPC and Global Cloud Aspirations. Look out HPE? - HPCwire - August 3rd, 2021
- Advances in technology have led SanJac to offer a degree in cloud computing. - Illinoisnewstoday.com - August 3rd, 2021
- Customer trends require technology to leverage - Smart Business Network - August 3rd, 2021
- Google Cloud and SAP Take Companies to The Cloud in New Partnership - Somag News - August 3rd, 2021
- Here's What We Know About Google's Tensor Mobile Chip So Far - iPhone in Canada - August 3rd, 2021
- Top 10 Data Center Stories of the Month: July 2021 - Data Center Knowledge - August 3rd, 2021
- RMIT to Implement Dedicated Cloud Supercomputing Facility on AWS to Boost Research Capabilities - HPCwire - August 3rd, 2021
- Morphisec is Named A Finalist for the Top 10 Black Unicorns - PR Web - August 3rd, 2021
- Azure Sentinel in the Real World - Virtualization Review - August 3rd, 2021
- Sending data to the cloud, NC makes long-awaited election system updates - WRAL.com - August 1st, 2021
- Cloud Storage vs. Local Storage: Which Storage Solution is the Best for Your Business? - Enterprise Storage Forum - August 1st, 2021
- Key aspects of RPA in the cloud - TechTarget - August 1st, 2021
- Why the cloud is the best deployment solution - Security Boulevard - August 1st, 2021
- Now is the time for a federal cloud modernization moonshot - Brookings Institution - August 1st, 2021
- '$6 in every $10' spent on cloud infrastructure is with AWS, Microsoft, or Google - The Register - August 1st, 2021
- TTX tackles turnover in moving ERP to the cloud - CIO - August 1st, 2021
- Cloud Computing Server Market is to Witness Significant Growth between 2021-2027 with leading players IBM, Corporation,Rackspace, Microsoft... - August 1st, 2021
- The myth of privacy - The Express Tribune - August 1st, 2021
- Dont Fret Intel Macs Will Still Get This M1-Exclusive macOS 12 Feature - iDrop News - August 1st, 2021
- SSD belonging to Euro-cloud Scaleway was stolen from back of a truck, then turned up on YouTube - The Register - August 1st, 2021
- AWS growing so fast its revenue makes it bigger than Cisco or HP - The Register - August 1st, 2021
- The Register just found 300-odd Itanium CPUs on eBay - The Register - August 1st, 2021
- What is quantum computing? Everything you need to know about the strange world of quantum computers - Texasnewstoday.com - August 1st, 2021
- So you want to migrate to the cloud? - ITWeb - August 1st, 2021
- AMD 3rd Gen Epyc CPUs Put Intel Xeon SPs On Ice In The Datacenter - The Next Platform - August 1st, 2021
- Cloud security in 2021: A business guide to essential tools and best practices - ZDNet - July 23rd, 2021
- Supporting staff with cloud-based asset tracking - Modern Healthcare - July 23rd, 2021
- Data center accelerator market was valued at USD 13.7 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to - GlobeNewswire - July 23rd, 2021
- The Benefits of Cloud Object Storage for Higher Education - EdTech Magazine: Focus on Higher Education - July 23rd, 2021
- Leaked memo shows Oracles flagship cloud unit told employees to ramp up for 247 work on projects that insiders say have fallen behind schedule - Times... - July 23rd, 2021
- Insurance Applications in the Hundreds of Thousands Exposed - Lexology - July 23rd, 2021
- Multiple encryption flaws uncovered in Telegram messaging protocol - The Daily Swig - July 23rd, 2021
- MSPs upbeat but wary of increased competition - ComputerWeekly.com - July 23rd, 2021
- An insurtech startup exposed thousands of sensitive insurance applications TechCrunch Bestgamingpro - Best gaming pro - July 23rd, 2021
- Why the Bank of England has its head in the cloud over data security - The Guardian - July 21st, 2021
- Fungible can solve the public cloud Hotel California problem Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - July 21st, 2021
- Get Cloud Storage and VPN Protection in One Discounted Bundle - PCMag.com - July 21st, 2021
- AWS hosting: What is it, and how does it work? - Tom's Guide - July 21st, 2021
- What Is a Server and What Do Servers Do? - Server Watch - July 21st, 2021
- Qualcomm's Vision: The Future Of ... AI - Forbes - July 21st, 2021
- What Exactly Are Amazon Web Services? - Movies Games and Tech - July 21st, 2021
- Data Center Accelerator Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2027 scrutinized in the new analysis - WhaTech - WhaTech - July 21st, 2021
- Microsoft extends security updates for Windows and SQL Server 2012 and 2008 - The Register - July 21st, 2021
- ADLINK Joins the O-RAN ALLIANCE to Accelerate Network Interoperability and Enterprise Migration to 5G - PR Web - July 21st, 2021
- Thousands of companies compromised by REvil Ransomware the supply chain strikes again - Security Boulevard - July 21st, 2021
- Pivot3 gives up ghost as Quantum buys its assets to go deeper into video surveillance Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - July 21st, 2021
- How is cloud computing revolutionising healthcare? - Healthcare Global - Healthcare News, Magazine and Website - July 18th, 2021
- An insurtech startup exposed thousands of sensitive insurance applications - TechCrunch - July 18th, 2021
- Benefits of cloud website hosting - ITProPortal - July 18th, 2021
- Sponsored post: Startups around the world are solving old problems with modern cloud services - TechCrunch - July 18th, 2021
- Is Micron Technology Stock Headed to $165 a Share? - The Motley Fool - July 18th, 2021
- Three things every business needs from hybrid cloud To match a company's diverse range of software - Fast Company - July 18th, 2021
- TOP 100: IBM makes big move toward transformation - Washington Technology - July 18th, 2021
- What Is a Container? | Understanding Containerization | SW - Server Watch - July 18th, 2021
- PaaS Rating: An Easier Way to Build Software Applications - Illinoisnewstoday.com - July 18th, 2021
- Bank of England to crack down on 'secretive' cloud computing services - Reuters - July 14th, 2021
- UPDATE 1-Bank of England to crack down on 'secretive' cloud computing services - Yahoo Finance - July 14th, 2021
- Microsoft Windows 365 moves your PC to the cloud - TechSpot - July 14th, 2021
- SmugMug Source Preview: Say Goodbye to NAS Servers and Hello to the Best Cloud Storage Yet - Fstoppers - July 14th, 2021
- 2021 State of the Cloud: No end in sight - Logistics Management - July 14th, 2021
- Consumer Cloud Subscription Market To See Massive Growth By 2026 | Google, Microsoft, Box The JC Star - The JC Star - July 14th, 2021
- Privilege Elevation for Workstations and Servers - Security Boulevard - July 14th, 2021
- Migrating to a simplified serverless cloud solution - ITWeb - July 14th, 2021
- Comarch's PowerCloud Gives IBM, Microsoft, And Google A Run For The Money - IT Jungle - July 14th, 2021
- Advisers should look to the Cloud for their IT solutions - FT Adviser - July 14th, 2021
- NVIDIA Aims to Bring AI to the 5G Edge - IT Business Edge - July 14th, 2021
- What is web hosting? What you need to know to choose the right provider - ITProPortal - July 14th, 2021
- Global Server Virtualization Software Market to Reach $10.4 Billion by 2026 - GlobeNewswire - July 14th, 2021
- Sophos Acquires Capsule8 To Bring Powerful And Lightweight Linux Server And Cloud Container Security To Its Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem -... - July 14th, 2021
- Acromove introduces AcroTransfer - the Fastest, Most Secure, and Lowest Cost Service to Transfer Massive Amounts of Data (>25TB) - Business Wire - July 14th, 2021
- SolarWinds issues software update one it wrote for a change to patch hole exploited in the wild - The Register - July 14th, 2021
- After GigaOm's Radar comes Sonar, as it dives deeper into emerging tech Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - July 14th, 2021
- Google Drive tips and tricks: 9 features you might have missed - CNET - July 12th, 2021
- Robin.io Platform on QCT Servers Accelerates Cloud-native Transformation - Business Wire - July 2nd, 2021
- Do the costs of the cloud outweigh the benefits? - The Economist - July 2nd, 2021