What is Computer Science
Computer Science is a course which deals with the study of the algorithmic process and the computational machines that are included in this course. Computer Science is a study which ranges from topics dealing with the theoretical studies of algorithms and information to the practical issues of implementing computing systems in the hardware as well as software.
Computer Science is used in our daily lives as well to convert the raw facts and the data into useful information that can be used by humans daily. Some various subjects and topics are included in this course so that the candidate gets used to the use of computers and its applications. This course is best and ideal for the students who have an interest and also enjoy math and problem-solving.
The main focus of computer science course is to give rise to professionals who can work in the sectors that provide different services to the companies. The candidates can showcase their skills after getting hired in different job roles that include Software Developer, Systems Analyst, and many other job roles which help candidates in increasing their experience. Therefore, a course in Computer Science is very helpful for the candidates who have the interest to learn about Computer and its Applications.
For the students who wish to take admission into the course in Computer Science, it is important that they should clear the entrance examination and meet the prescribed eligibility criteria:
For the students willing to pursue a bachelors degree in this course, the eligibility criteria is clearing 10+2 in the Science stream with at least 50% marks.
The student should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their subjects during 10+2. They should also appear for any entrance examination conducted by the college where they wish to take admission.
The candidates must have cleared a Bachelors degree in the same field or an equivalent field and must have scored at least 50% marks.
They should score at the very least the minimum required marks as per the college/university and also clear the entrance examination to get admission into the course.
For the candidate to get admission in computer science course, they must appear for the entrance examination set up by the various universities/colleges. Some of the colleges conduct entrance examinations while others grant admission based on merit. Listed below are some of the entrance examinations :
JEE Main - This entrance examination is conducted to grant admission into undergraduate Engineering courses at numerous colleges, including the prestigious IITs.
BITSAT - It is an entrance examination that is conducted online by BITS Pilani to grant admission to the candidates who are eligible for the course.
VITEEE - Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination is a common entrance examination that is conducted to grant admission into the VIT campuses.
DUET- Delhi University Entrance Test is an entrance examination that is conducted by Delhi University to grant admission to the students in their undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses offered by the university.
IIT JAM - Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test is conducted to grant admission into its M.Sc. and the other postgraduate courses that are offered at IIT, Bangalore.
The scope of Computer Science course is excellent not only in India but also abroad well, as the professionals in this field are hired in different job roles wherein, they get a lot of exposure and also gain a lot of knowledge regarding the same. The career prospects in computer science for the candidates are numerous once they complete this course. Once they have completed the course, they can become working professionals in the field by working in any one of the several sectors which are a part of this course.
The candidates can further work as a Computer Programmer, Data Scientist, IT Specialist, and in various other job roles once they are hired. There is a need for professionals in the field as there are more and more computer applications coming up in the field. As the IT sector is booming, so are the job opportunities in the computer science field increasing. Therefore, the scope of the computer science course is huge not only in India but also throughout the world.
B.C.A. in Computer Science at Dharmamurthi Rao Bahadur Calavala Cunnan Chetty's Hindu College, Chennai
B.Sc. in Computer Science at Bharathi Women's College, Chennai
B.Sc.(Hons) in Computer Science at Ashoka University, Sonepat
Dual Degree in Computer Science at Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
M.Sc. in Computer Science at Queen Mary's College, Chennai
M.Phil. in Computer Science at Rani Anna Government College for Women, Tirunelveli
M.Sc. in Computer Science at NIIT University, Neemrana
M.Sc. in Computer Science at International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore
Ph.D in Computer Science at Kovai Kalaimagal College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
Ph.D in Computer Science at Chikkanna Government Arts College, Tirupur
Ph.D in Computer Science at Bhupal Nobles University, Udaipur
Ph.D in Computer Science at University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
Diploma in Computer Science at SEMCOM, Anand
Diploma in Computer Science at University of Madras, Chennai
Diploma in Computer Science at PP Savani University, Surat
M.Sc. in Computer Science at Mata Jijabai Government Girls PG College, Indore
The computer Science course subjects included in the course are there to help the students in understanding the course more accurately. It covers the aspects of the course in giving the candidate in-depth knowledge about the course. The computer science course develops skills in the students which they can use further in their job profiles. Some of the subjects included in the course are :
Introduction to Digital Electronics
Value and Ethics
Operating Systems Concepts
Introduction to Web Technology
The candidates can opt to pursue higher education in computer science after they complete a bachelors degree in the field. The candidate can apply for different career opportunities in the field once they complete the course. The salary is also decided accordingly. There are several career opportunities in computer science field where the candidate can apply for.
Most of the people who have a degree in Computer Science work in different job profiles according to their preference and choice. They work as programmes or computer system analysts which help them to get experience in the field while working.
There are also some more potential career opportunities in the computer science course that include Software Engineer, Database Administrator, and many other career opportunities. Therefore, once the candidate completes the course successfully, there are numerous career opportunities available after this course which will help them to get better opportunities in the future as well.
Computer Science itself is a field that keeps on bringing new projects and new applications for users. With the new and young talents coming in the field, it is becoming even more trending with new updates coming up in the field. Also, the technology has been growing immensely with the need for more professionals in the field to work for the companies in private as well as the public sector.
There has been an increase in the number of candidates who are willing to pursue computer science course. The trends keep changing because of the different innovations and technologies in the market. With the new upcoming trends arriving into the market, it gives the users a better experience of computers and its software. Given below are some of the upcoming trends in computer science:
Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
Big Data and Analytics
Cyber Security are some of the upcoming trends.
Once the candidate completes the computer science course successfully, it becomes easy for them to apply for a job role in different organisations. Some of the colleges provide placement to the students while some of the colleges dont. The computer science course helps the students to apply for several jobs and career options. There are several job profiles which are mentioned below:
Website Developers are the ones who are responsible for looking after the technical part of a website. They have to look after the codes, the technical side, coding, and the other aspects which come under this job role.
Network Engineers are the ones who are responsible for setting up and looking after the computer networks and also maintaining them.
The role of the Technical Writer is to write manuals, journals, articles, and content related to the technical side, which is necessary for the field.
Software Engineers are responsible for developing different solutions related to software with the help of different tools and methods. They also have to prepare and install different solutions by designing programming.
IT Supervisors are the ones who have to supervise the staff and also give training to the recruits in the company. They also have to look after the efficient working of the IT department of the company.
Some of the top recruiters in computer science field are:
The salary package varies from one job profile to another. The salary package is decided based on the candidates overall performance in all the aspects, which includes academic as well as the other activities. Also, the prior work experience is counted, i.e., if the candidate has worked earlier or has done any internship. Therefore, the salary package is decided accordingly.
Rs. 5 to 10 lakhs p.a. (approx.)
Rs. 4 to 9 lakhs p.a. (approx.)
Rs. 4 to 9 lakhs p.a. (approx.)
Software Quality Assurance Tester
Rs. 3 to 10 lakhs p.a. (approx.)
Rs. 3 to 9 lakhs p.a. (approx.)
The computer science candidates are needed to possess some required skill sets, which helps them to get better at their workplace. Having certain skill sets and including it in your resume increases your chances of getting hired in a particular job role. Mentioned below are some of the required skill sets:
Computer and Technology Knowledge - The candidate must have this skill when it comes to working in the field of computer science. Therefore, the candidate needs to have the required knowledge to work in the field.
Data Analysis - The candidate needs to interpret the data and then analyse the data that has been given to you. The candidate needs to analyse data and then use it for further information.
Software Development - A fair understanding of software and its applications and also the use of software development is important to work better. You should be able to understand the process and also work with others simultaneously to understand it in a better way.
Communication Skills - Communication is the key to everything. This skill helps you to communicate with your clients, colleagues, and also other members of the organisation to convey the information to them accurately.
Creativity - Having a creative mind is very important in this field. They should be able to create creative functions, web programs, and also websites. You need to think outside the box and also give unique ideas to create something creatively.
The computer science course curriculum is designed by the colleges or universities to give complete knowledge and understanding of the course and also its importance. The course curriculum includes the lessons and the academic content that is being taught to the students so that it helps them to get better at the course. It includes the topics that are offered in the course and which are being taught to the students.
The computer science course curriculum is designed to teach the students about the various elements that are included in the course. It is a mixture of classroom training, lab classes, and also practicals. The students are also asked to do practicals as it helps them to get a better understanding of the computer science course. Therefore, a course curriculum is important to help the students understand the course thoroughly.
Exam Date: 05 Feb, 2022 - 06 Feb, 2022
Application Process: 05 Oct, 2021 - 30 Nov, 2021
Application Process: 09 Sep, 2021 - 17 Oct, 2021
Declaration of Result: 28 Oct, 2021
Different job profiles come along with the course once they complete it successfully. The candidate can apply for any of the job profiles according to their own choice. Some of the job profiles are as follows:
It depends on the colleges if they wish to conduct entrance examinations or not according to the norms of the college. Some of the colleges conduct entrance examinations while some dont. Therefore, there is no such compulsion to appear for the entrance examination unless and until the college where you wish to take admission conducts the entrance examination.
Some of the entrance examinations conducted for the admission to the course are listed below :
- SAP : Helping to Close the Computer Science Education Disparity - marketscreener.com - December 3rd, 2021
- Women of the Well House supports new campus programs: Indiana University Kokomo - IUK Newsroom - December 3rd, 2021
- Diving Into The Strange World Of Xenobots - Science Friday - December 3rd, 2021
- Silicon Valley beckoned, but he went home to Delaware - MIT News - December 3rd, 2021
- Two UB faculty receive NSF funding to study social media in disaster response - UB Now: News and views for UB faculty and staff - University at... - December 3rd, 2021
- Santa Reminds Us to Be Our Best Year Round - goskagit.com - December 3rd, 2021
- Announcing SWENext Award Recipients from WE21 - All Together - Society of Women Engineers - December 3rd, 2021
- App State researchers working to save honeybees with informatics - Watauga Democrat - December 3rd, 2021
- Hundreds of UC faculty named among the world's Highly Cited Researchers - University of California - December 3rd, 2021
- Kids, teens believe girls aren't interested in computer science, study shows - UW News - November 28th, 2021
- At UF, we are working together to provide Florida teachers and students with computer science skills | Column - Tampa Bay Times - November 28th, 2021
- Pakistani scientist ranked among top 1% computer science researchers - Geo News - November 28th, 2021
- Computer Scientist Gets Grant To Strengthen Software Protection - University of Texas at Dallas - November 28th, 2021
- Ahead of their time - The People's Defender - November 28th, 2021
- Computer Conservation - Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences - November 28th, 2021
- Singapore's first free, teacher-less computer science programme to be launched by 2022 - The Straits Times - November 28th, 2021
- A chance to focus on an academic passion at Oxford - Harvard Gazette - November 28th, 2021
- Northern College hosts gaming tournament and hopes to attract future students with a new computer program - CTV News Northern Ontario - November 28th, 2021
- Student cyber competition team is fifth of 120 competing in DOE contest - UAH News - November 28th, 2021
- New algorithm could save lives: Predicts COVID-related intensive care unit resource use University of Copenhagen - EurekAlert - November 28th, 2021
- COVID-19: Vitamin D may be able to 'switch off' lung inflammation - Medical News Today - November 28th, 2021
- In MIT visit, Dropbox CEO Drew Houston '05 explores the accelerated shift to distributed work - MIT News - November 28th, 2021
- This SanDisk NVMe SSD deal is too good to pass up even if you don't need a new SSD - TechRadar - November 28th, 2021
- Where are all the hacktivists? - BCS - November 28th, 2021
- Save 97% off a course bundle that covers all things computer science - BleepingComputer - November 17th, 2021
- Cameron University's CU in Computing presentation to focus on Computer Science and Information Technology degree programs - Duncan Banner - November 17th, 2021
- Bias in Algorithms | The Inference Project - Yale News - November 17th, 2021
- Infosys Commits to 3-Year Investment in Thurgood Marshall College Fund - Yahoo Finance - November 17th, 2021
- The tech behind popular cryptocurrencies, explained - Popular Science - November 17th, 2021
- When will a robot write a novel? Harvard computer scientist shares his thoughts - Harvard Gazette - November 17th, 2021
- At SC21, Plenary Wrestles With the Ethics of Mainstreamed HPC - HPCwire - November 17th, 2021
- Governor Abbott Encourages Texas High Schoolers To Participate In CyberStart America - Office of the Texas Governor - November 17th, 2021
- USF physicists selected as finalists for the 'Nobel Prize of supercomputing' - University of South Florida - November 17th, 2021
- 4 universities nurturing tomorrow's women STEM experts - Study International News - November 17th, 2021
- SAS and Sphero Address Coding Needs of Students with Visual Impairments - T.H.E. Journal - November 17th, 2021
- Portland State University experiments with Attend Anywhere model - OPB News - November 17th, 2021
- The long term effects of sexism on women in STEM - Utahstatesman - November 13th, 2021
- Cameron University's CU in Computing presentation to focus on Computer Science and Information Technology degree programs - Chickasha Express Star - November 13th, 2021
- Certificate in computer science: What you need to know - ZDNet - November 13th, 2021
- Calling outstanding young researchers in mathematics and computer science! - EurekAlert - November 13th, 2021
- Governor Hutchinson's Weekly Address | Arkansas Takes the World Stage with New Technologies - Governor Asa Hutchinson - November 13th, 2021
- New CMU Robotics director says diversity is key to the institute's future - 90.5 WESA - November 13th, 2021
- Simulating Galaxy Formation in Mesmerizing Detail for Clues to the Universe - SciTechDaily - November 13th, 2021
- Collaboration on Data and Computational Sciences Announces 2021-2022 Projects to Advance Cancer Breakthroughs - HPCwire - November 13th, 2021
- Algorithms aren't fair. Robin Burke wants to change that - CU Boulder Today - November 13th, 2021
- Research Associate in Artificial Intelligence / Robotics, Multi-Agent Path Finding job with ROYAL HOLLOWAY, UNIVERSITY OF LONDON | 271630 - Times... - November 13th, 2021
- Report: Southeast New Mexico's rural school districts struggle in computer science - Carlsbad Current Argus - November 10th, 2021
- Washington People: Chenyang Lu - The Source - Washington University in St. Louis - Washington University in St. Louis Newsroom - November 10th, 2021
- GA Dept of Ed Awards Third Round of Grants to Build Computer Science Teacher Capacity - All On Georgia - November 10th, 2021
- Facebook Isn't Shutting Down Its Facial Recognition System After All - News @ Northeastern - News@Northeastern - November 10th, 2021
- Tableau to add new business science tools to analytics suite - TechTarget - November 10th, 2021
- Top 10 Best Women Programmers of All Time - Analytics Insight - November 10th, 2021
- This 26-year-old doubled his income by switching to computer scienceand using a key negotiating trick - CNBC - November 8th, 2021
- Partnership advances K-12 classrooms computer science classes to among the top in the nation - Beckley Register-Herald - November 8th, 2021
- WVU Today | WVU, W. Va. Dept. of Education partnership advances K-12 classrooms computer science classes to among the top in the nation - WVU Today - November 8th, 2021
- More Than Half of High Schools Now Offer Computer Science, But Inequities Persist - Education Week - November 8th, 2021
- West Virginia among top in the country for access to computer science education - My Buckhannon - November 8th, 2021
- $15 million to the University of Utah and $25 million to Utah Valley University will expand computer science programs - Salt Lake Tribune - November 8th, 2021
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science job with University of North Carolina at Greensboro | 401826 - The Chronicle of Higher Education - November 8th, 2021
- Free Tucson course teaches basics of computing to attract new workers - Arizona Daily Star - November 8th, 2021
- 'Ever Brighter' campaign a highlight at Homecoming - University of Miami - November 8th, 2021
- 3 Questions: Blending computing with other disciplines at MIT - MIT News - November 8th, 2021
- Data Analytics: How to prepare for the next big job of the future - Study International News - November 8th, 2021
- 2U Announces Partnership with the National University of Singapore, One of Asia's Top-Ranked Global Universities, to Expand Online Professional... - November 8th, 2021
- UMass Amherst College of Information and Computer Sciences to Unveil Major Private Gift and Significant New State Investment on Wednesday - UMass News... - October 26th, 2021
- $25M gift to help fund computer science, information building | The University Record - The University Record - October 26th, 2021
- Assistant Professor, Teaching in Computer Science job with DURHAM UNIVERSITY | 269406 - Times Higher Education (THE) - October 26th, 2021
- XJTLU now in ESI Top 1% in the world in 3 fields - WSAZ-TV - October 26th, 2021
- Mapping the mind's eye | ASU News - ASU Now - October 26th, 2021
- Hunger Drove Me into it; Computer Science Graduate into Fixing Nails for the Past 16 Years Says in Video Nigeria news - Legit.ng - October 26th, 2021
- Thriving, Where Business and Technology Meet | Maryland Smith - Robert H. Smith School of Business - October 26th, 2021
- New Vice Provost for Digital Education on innovating for educational equity - Stanford Report - Stanford University News - October 26th, 2021
- UA researchers set to take part in energy study - Arkansas Online - October 26th, 2021
- Bachelor's in Computer Science - October 14th, 2021
- Bringing Computer Science to the Ocean with BluePlanetAI - News@Northeastern - October 14th, 2021
- Project aims to expand pool of computer science teachers and computer scientists - The Den - October 14th, 2021
- Research helps Blugold discover how computer science, health care intersect - University of Wisconsin System - October 14th, 2021
- Researchers receive grant to predict the mechanics of living cells - EurekAlert - October 14th, 2021
- University of Queensland Professor David Abramson Wins High Performance Computing Award - HPCwire - October 14th, 2021
- These neural networks know what they're doing - MIT News - October 14th, 2021