Mahabubnagar Collector Ronald Rose has initiated a programme called Intiki vanda, badiki chanda wherein every household in a village will contribute 100 towards the building fund for the local government school.
During a surprise inspection of a school in Tirumalapur village of Utkoor mandal in the district, Mr. Rose came to know that the campus did not have a compound wall. Then, he asked the students why they did not implement Initiki vanda, badiki chanda. Yet, it was never too late, he said and asked the students to raise 10 bricks per house while the government will contribute cement and other material besides meeting labour charges.
The Collector was indeed not off the mark when he solicited bricks from children because each brick will cost 10 and aggregate to 100.
Two recent major happenings in Telangana which earned national and international attention the 55-day strike by the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) employees and the rape and murder of a veterinary doctor and later the killing of the four accused in an exchange of fire with the police have one striking similarity. In both the issues, the government and the police were at the receiving end initially for their inaction but ultimately the same voices that had castigated the administration have showered them with praise, irrespective of difference in opinion on the way the two issues were dealt with. Such extreme reactions from people are common in the society carried away by emotions. You never know when people would throw brickbats and when they would greet with bouquets in public life. It would not take much time to change their reaction in extreme opposite directions, a senior leader of the ruling TRS said adding that the two incidents were best examples for such extreme responses.
It has apparently become a habit for CPI senior leader K. Narayana to make a statement on some current issue and retract it later. The latest faux pas was related to the killing of four youths involved in Disha case in an exchange of fire with the police. Dr. Narayana was among the first to support the killing of the youths. His partys national executive, however, disapproved the development asserting that the party viewed it as extra judicial killing, forcing him to retract his statement. Dr. Narayana shot into news in the past when he allegedly consumed chicken on Gandhi Jayanti day and had to take a vow that he would not eat chicken for one full year. This was followed by his claim that he would cut his ears if TRS wins 100 seats in the GHMC polls as predicted by the party. After winning 99 seats, the party was sitting pretty that it had won the battle. Its president and Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao counselled Mr. Narayana not to cut his ears or nose in disgrace.
(N. Rahul, B. Chandrashekhar and M. Rajeev)
You have reached your limit for free articles this month.
Register to The Hindu for free and get unlimited access for 30 days.
Find mobile-friendly version of articles from the day's newspaper in one easy-to-read list.
Enjoy reading as many articles as you wish without any limitations.
A select list of articles that match your interests and tastes.
Move smoothly between articles as our pages load instantly.
A one-stop-shop for seeing the latest updates, and managing your preferences.
We brief you on the latest and most important developments, three times a day.
*Our Digital Subscription plans do not currently include the e-paper ,crossword, iPhone, iPad mobile applications and print. Our plans enhance your reading experience.
- State to match crowdfunding money raised to help restaurant recovery from pandemic - FOX 2 Detroit - June 17th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Global Crowd Funding Market 2020 Industry Size, Advancement Strategy, Top Players, SWOT Analysis and 2025 Forecasts -... - June 17th, 2020
- Funding defamation and privacy proceedings - are there still options? - Lexology - June 17th, 2020
- Wallingford RFC raise money to replace kit after it was stolen by thieves - Oxford Mail - June 17th, 2020
- How Crowdfunding platforms help businesses cushion the effects of the COVID-19 crisis - Born2Invest - June 8th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on Crowd Funding 2020 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 29th, 2020
- Milagrow ventures into crowdfunding with launch of massaging robot Wheeme 2020 - Economic Times - May 25th, 2020
- Hotel resorts to crowd funding to stay afloat - Daily Business - April 21st, 2020
- Global Crowd Funding Market: Which companies will have a strong foothold? - Feed Road - March 2nd, 2020
- Crowd Funding Market to Witness Slow Growth Owing to Unfavorable Government Policies in 2016 2022 - Redhill Local Councillors - February 16th, 2020
- How the sands have shifted on Awaroa, 'New Zealand's beach' - Stuff.co.nz - February 16th, 2020
- Online crowdfunding platform market was estimated to be US$ 456.51 Mn in 2018 and is expected to reach US$ 752.56 Mn by 2027 growing at a CAGR of 5.2%... - February 14th, 2020
- Online Crowdfunding Platform Market Estimated to be US$ 456.51 Mn in 2018 and is Expected to Reach US$ 752.56 Mn by 2027 Growing at a CAGR of 5.2%... - February 1st, 2020
- Crowdfunding platforms probably wont replace investment banks, but they will shake things up a bit - Stockhead - February 1st, 2020
- Hundreds of Canadian transplant patients crowd fund to cover costs, study says - National Post - January 12th, 2020
- Now, BBMP looking at CSR to rejuvenate lakes - The Hindu - December 21st, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE: Intergreatme's over R32m crowdfund - reduced to R6m after 'suspect pledges' - Ventureburn - December 10th, 2019
- Crowd Funding Market 2025: Topmost manufacturers With Size, Regions, Types, Major Drivers, Profits - BoundWatch - December 10th, 2019
- Crowd Funding Size, Growth, Analysis Of Key- players Types And Application, Outlook 2025 - 101Newsindustry - December 7th, 2019
- Parents of Beatriz Farmer-Maia raise over 30000 to fund her treatment to beat childhood cancer - Islington Gazette - November 19th, 2019
- How to Crowdfund (with Pictures) - wikiHow - June 7th, 2018
- Property Crowd Funding - The Magic of Modern Day Investing - HuffPost - September 4th, 2017
- Getting Crowdfunding Fundamentals Down to A Science In Advance Of Campaign Key To Success - HuffPost - August 28th, 2017
- Dreamhost Crowd-Funding Legal Action Against DOJ - eWeek - August 22nd, 2017
- Buy a share in a brewery: Pozible launches equity crowd-funding site Birchal - The Sydney Morning Herald - August 1st, 2017
- Woman who contracted E.Coli returns home from Turkey after crowd funding appeal - Glasgow Live - July 9th, 2017
- Africa's first impact-focused equity crowd funding portal founder ... - CNBCAfrica.com - July 5th, 2017
- Crowd funding campaign to save a two-year-old kid - Times of India - July 2nd, 2017
- Arrowtown musician Holly Arrowsmith crowd funding new album - The Southland Times - June 26th, 2017
- Ex-Googler Lina Gantar launches crowd funding agency in Manchester - Manchester Evening News - June 25th, 2017
- Crowd funding could be used to buy the long-vacant Bell Building downtown - Wyoming Tribune - June 24th, 2017
- Wyo. Sec of State unveils new crowdfunding platform - Wyoming Business Report - June 16th, 2017
- Wyo. Sect'y of State unveils new crowdfunding platform - Wyoming Business Report - June 14th, 2017
- Where is the crowd-funding for the destitute? - News24 - June 9th, 2017
- Florida education news: #HB7069, teacher diversity, crowd funding and more - Tampabay.com (blog) - June 5th, 2017
- BBB Has Advice Before You Contribute To A Crowd Funding Site - Newstalkkgvo - June 2nd, 2017
- Catapooolt all set to Catapult Crowdfunding in India with an Asian Record - Bizztor (press release) (blog) - May 19th, 2017
- Should you invest in Bitcoins, crowd funding, P2P lending? - Economic Times - May 15th, 2017
- Cork Foundation's Live Crowd Funding event - The Avondhu Press (press release) - May 6th, 2017
- Will crowdfunding get a synthetic biology win? - PLoS Blogs (blog) - May 3rd, 2017
- Impact Guru, GlobalGiving tie-up to scale crowd funding in India - Daily News & Analysis - May 2nd, 2017
- Plastc Card Is Cancelled: The Dangers Of Crowd Funding Tech - Forbes - April 29th, 2017
- Can crowd funding help scale up solar power for Africa's poor? - The Standard (press release) - April 25th, 2017
- Donate safely: Avoiding crowd funding scams - KXLY Spokane - April 20th, 2017
- Maharashtra schools raise Rs 216 crore via crowd funding - The Indian Express - April 18th, 2017
- Crowdfunding: affordable bee surveillance for hive health - Scoop.co.nz (press release) - March 29th, 2017
- Crowd funding: SECP warns of false scheme - The Express Tribune - March 28th, 2017
- Arsenal fan plots sensational crowdfunding campaign to BUY the club from owner Stan Kroenke - The Sun - March 23rd, 2017
- How to make crowdfunding work for you - Buffalo Business First - February 13th, 2017
- Crowd funding | ASIC's MoneySmart - September 17th, 2016
- Crowd Funding - October 23rd, 2015
- Crowdfunding - P2P Foundation - October 23rd, 2015
- Comparison of crowdfunding services - Wikipedia, the free ... - September 5th, 2015
- Fundraising Script,Crowd Funding Script,Crowdfunding ... - August 14th, 2015
- The Life Chest: Crowd Funding Video - Video - May 5th, 2015
- THIS TOKYO #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS LOVE #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS PSYCHIC #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS SUPER #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS ROADHOUSE #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS BEYOND #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS HEARTBREAKER #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS WWW #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS GENUINE #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- True Colours Crowd funding Campaign - Video - May 4th, 2015
- THIS NEW YORK 2015 #FASHION BRAND GIFT CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES SURPRISE! #THIStm - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Armitage Dinosaur - crowd-funding video - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Who benefits from crowd funding? - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- The Man Who Found His Freedom - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Crowd Funding proof V1 - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- TEN FOOT TONE - New CD - TASTE GOOD - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- One Spark/Tamarin Fruits - Video - May 1st, 2015
- Crowd Funding Video- BROKEN ROAD (Short Film) - Video - April 30th, 2015
- Crowd Funding video San Jose Bike Clinic - Video - April 28th, 2015
- Domestic Violence & Abuse Help Break the Cycle - Seed the Books Crowd Funding Campaign - Video - April 28th, 2015
- LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT: FINANCING - Crowd Funding - Video - April 27th, 2015
- Crowd Funding- Habitat for Humanity Charity Trip to Cebu in June 2015 - Video - April 27th, 2015
- Annalakshmi on the swan Crowd funding 14 04 15 WM - Video - April 26th, 2015
- Beat Buddy Inside Story - Video - April 26th, 2015
- Engineers Corset Crowd Funding Video - Video - April 26th, 2015