Industry statistics say that if a page takes more than three seconds to load, almost 40 percent of visitors tend to leave that site. According to HTTP Archive, on an average, around 64 percent of a websites weight is comprised of images. Therefore, the size of an image has a direct impact on the page load speed and user experience. This means image optimisation is key.
That is why startups like ImageKit are taking the market by storm. The startups flagship solution, ImageKit.io is a smart real-time image optimisation and transformation platform that simplifies the process of optimising, transforming and delivering perfect images across different devices, network speeds and display densities.
Working together at Gurugram-based online travel platform, Ixigo, Rahul Nanwani, Manu Chaudhary and Somesh Khatkar (the founders of ImageKit.io) realised that there were very few ready-made image optimisation products in the market, most products didnt integrate easily into a companys existing infrastructure, either. Additionally, many didnt have a pricing model that supported optimisation at scale. Starting up in October 2016, the founders took three months to build the MVP and launched ImageKit.io in January 2017.
Today, ImageKit.io serves over 30 billion images every month on their customers websites.
ImageKit.io has different kinds of workloads that enable them to serve client requests in milliseconds. This requires different kinds of instance types, and is here that Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud, works to their advantage. Rahul agrees, adding, EC2 has a wide range of server types to support compute, memory or storage-intensive operations.
ImageKits association with AWS started early on.
As ImageKit began to grow, so did their infrastructure requirements. Thats when Imagekit saw the need to go beyond what was offered under free credits and began evaluating its options. During this time, they were clearly able to see the advantages offered by AWS in comparison to other cloud service providers says Rahul. Today, we leverage both - the traditional servers (AWS EC2) and Serverless (Lambda, Lambda@Edge) for different purposes. And, since ImageKit.io is a complete image delivery and transformation product, AWS CloudFront, the Content Delivery Network and AWS S3 - the storage service offered by AWS, are an integral part of what we offer.
In addition, AWSs global infrastructure has doubled up as a key advantage for ImageKit.io.
He adds that, in the last two years, the traffic handling capacity of CloudFront has gone up significantly with AWS adding a number of nodes. South Africa and the Middle East are new regions which are now covered by AWS CloudFront. The number of edge locations have gone up in India in India too. All this has worked in ImageKit.ios favour. The load time and caching performance has been very consistent for all our customers and thereby helping us deliver a good user experience.
Today, with ImageKit.io using a number of services within the AWS infrastructure, deployment has not only become simpler, but there is also clarity about the expected inter-service performance levels. Providing further insight, Rahul says, Being a SaaS product that integrates on a live website or an app, and handles something as critical as the images on that website or the app, we need to ensure that the infrastructure is able to scale well, especially during the festive season or a sale period when there is a sudden spike in traffic soon after a sale notification that has gone out. Thats where our ability to autoscale the infrastructure for the incoming traffic or API requests helps. A mix of spot instances, reserved instances and serverless is used to handle the short spike of traffic. Here, Route53, the DNS Service offered by AWS makes it really easy for us to configure failovers within our infrastructure in case something goes wrong. To put it simply, AWS products have helped ImageKit.io scale not just to meet the needs of their growing customer base, but also scale easily with the varying image delivery and optimisation requirements of their customers. He adds, The benefits that come with economies of scale can be realised with a cloud provider like AWS.
While the technology at its core has been one of the driving factors for ImageKit, the other has been consistent support from AWS support and business development teams in India and the partnerships they have been able to build.
AWS has also helped the startup find partners, expand their network in the ecosystem and facilitated introductions. AWS has a huge set of active accounts, which have a requirement for better image optimisation and delivery. In addition, AWS works closely with a large pool of technology partners, service providers and agencies, who in turn work with other companies who need solutions like ImageKit. So references and introductions by AWS and their partners to these companies have helped us tap business.
Today, ImageKit.io is being used by 300 companies, which also includes their first three paying customers. Some of Imagekits notable customers include Nykaa, Hopscotch, Times Now, Asian Paints, Republic TV, and Nearbuy, among others. In addition, over 10,000 developers all over the globe use its freemium model.
Having solved some of the most basic yet critical problems for developers and brands, ImageKit now is working towards the next logical step - supporting more complex integrations while still being a completely self-serviceable product. And, with content consumption on the rise in India, the team believes theres a parallel opportunity for them to explore beyond image optimisation.
- Ways In Which Cloud Hosting Affects SEO Services And Results - HostReview.com - January 13th, 2020
- Home Office reinforces commitment to AWS with 100m cloud hosting deal - ComputerWeekly.com - January 13th, 2020
- WSL 2: Where is it, and where is it going? - TechRepublic - January 13th, 2020
- The biggest govtech deals of the week (13/01/20) - NS Tech - January 13th, 2020
- Lost in Migration? Attributing carbon when outsourcing to cloud - Data Economy - January 13th, 2020
- UKCloud announces new discounts to help organisations thrive and build an increasingly independent national capability - RealWire - January 13th, 2020
- How Cloud Computing is Driving the Industrial Revolution 4.0 - Elets - January 13th, 2020
- Informatica expands its leadership team and appoints Amit Walia as CEO - Data Economy - January 8th, 2020
- Enhancing Hyperscale Cloud Growth at the infra // STRUCTURE Summit - Yahoo Finance - January 8th, 2020
- Green House Data Adds Digital Transformation Expert Victor Tingler to Executive Team to Lead Enterprise Consulting Services - Yahoo Finance - January 8th, 2020
- Five Things To Do in St. Cloud, Jan. 13-17 - SC Times - January 8th, 2020
- FASB cloud computing cost standard to soon take effect - Compliance Week - January 3rd, 2020
- Amazon, Google, Microsoft: Who had the best year in cloud in 2019? - The Register - January 3rd, 2020
- Recovery In The Cloud: An Online Alternative To Face-To-Face AA Meetings - Forbes - January 3rd, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market Future Investment Initiatives, Growing with Technology Development, New Innovations, Competitive Analysis and... - January 3rd, 2020
- Five Things To Do in St. Cloud, Jan. 6-10 - SC Times - January 3rd, 2020
- Are you ready to rock? City of St. Cloud hosting annual New Year's Eve event - Osceola News-Gazette - December 30th, 2019
- The biggest government tech stories of 2019 part one - PublicTechnology - December 30th, 2019
- The year of the French unicorns - TechCrunch - December 30th, 2019
- Startup Events This Week: Pulse42 and Mixer By Inc42, Drone Festival - Inc42 Media - December 30th, 2019
- Head to Head Survey: Snap (NYSE:SNAP) and Infinite Group (NYSE:IMCI) - Trent Times - December 30th, 2019
- Microsoft and Oracle extend their international cloud love-in - Data Economy - December 26th, 2019
- GDS publishes guidance on avoiding cloud lock-in - UKAuthority.com - December 26th, 2019
- Three Most Valuable Benefits that Encourage Companies to Adopt Serverless Architecture - Embedded Computing Design - December 26th, 2019
- Year-end Experience with the future prediction from Leaders - APN News - December 26th, 2019
- Key Factors behind Colocation and Managed Hosting Services Market Climbs on Positive Outlook of Booming Sales - Market Reports Observer - December 26th, 2019
- Will 2020 Be the Year of LoRa Networks? - Embedded Computing Design - December 26th, 2019
- Building Tech Solutions And Giving Back - Forbes - December 26th, 2019
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (NASDAQ:MDRX) Upgraded to Hold by ValuEngine - Slater Sentinel - December 26th, 2019
- Unisys objects to CFPB cloud award - Washington Technology - December 19th, 2019
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Size Will Grow Profitably In Upcoming Estimation, Challenges And Future Forecast 2025 - Bulletin Line - December 19th, 2019
- BP selects AWS over Azure for cloud-first strategy and climate ambitions - Diginomica - December 19th, 2019
- How to Eliminate IT Complexity and Succeed - Marketing Tech Outlook - December 19th, 2019
- Checkmarx Recognized as AWS Provider of Application Security Testing Solutions for Public Sector - HostReview.com - December 19th, 2019
- Bidco to acquire cloud firm after Boards agree on 79.4m deal - East Midlands Business Link - December 19th, 2019
- Bare Metal Cloud Market Scope and Opportunities Analysis 2017 2025 - News Cast Report - December 19th, 2019
- Kubernetes Security Leader Alcide Releases 2020 Predictions: Kubernetes on the Edge, Intelligent and Automated K8s Security and the Rise of... - December 19th, 2019
- Understanding the Benefits of Microsoft Azure Consulting for your Business - The Future of Things - December 19th, 2019
- Leaseweb USA Research Reveals that Nearly Two Thirds of Organizations Cite Hybrid or Private Cloud as the Future Infrastructure of Choice -... - December 19th, 2019
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Competitive Landscaping Mapping The Key Common Trends, Growth Analysis and Forecast 2024 - News Tribune - December 16th, 2019
- How SmartLogic helped these teams grow and manage scale with DevOps support - Technical.ly Brooklyn - December 16th, 2019
- Summit acquires fellow hosting company to boost its SMB reach - Data Economy - December 16th, 2019
- Atlassian welcomes third-party developers into the cloud with Forge - SDTimes.com - December 16th, 2019
- Working at the heart of digitalisation - Data Economy - December 16th, 2019
- Bare Metal Cloud Market 2019 In-Depth Analysis and Future Forecast 2019-2026 | Key Players include IBM Corporation , Oracle Corporation , Centurylink... - December 16th, 2019
- The Top 13 Cloud Computing Conferences to Attend in 2020 - Solutions Review - December 14th, 2019
- Oracle Plans To Ride ERP And Database To Greater Cloud Glory - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - December 14th, 2019
- Understanding Control, Security and Risk When Moving to Cloud - - Enterprise Times - December 14th, 2019
- 8 Cloud Outages That Shook The Tech World In 2019 - Analytics India Magazine - December 14th, 2019
- Microsoft Is Ignoring Amazons Dispute Over The U.S. JEDI Cloud Contract - Wccftech - December 14th, 2019
- Schneider Electric Wins 'AI/ Machine Learning Innovation' and 'Edge Project of the Year' at the 2019 SDC Awards - EnerCom Inc. - December 14th, 2019
- Firms believe hybrid or private cloud to be the future, research shows - DevOps Online - December 14th, 2019
- Global Bare Metal Cloud Market Foresight by 2019 2025| Key Companies IBM Corp., Oracle Corporation, Centurylink Incorporation, Rackspace Hosting... - December 14th, 2019
- What is Platform-as-a-Service? Everything you need to know about PaaS - TechRadar - December 9th, 2019
- Data security and the cloud: 3 things your team needs to know - TechBeacon - December 9th, 2019
- Australian animation studio, Animal Logic, partners with AWS to render films in the cloud - Which-50 - December 9th, 2019
- G7CR Technologies - The Journey of 2019 Microsoft Country Partner - Techstory - December 9th, 2019
- Service Express Addresses the Failure Curve at Gartner IT Infrastructure, Operations & Cloud Strategies Conference 2019 - PR Web - December 9th, 2019
- Global Cloud Hosting Service Market 2019 Industry Research, Segmentation, Key Players Analysis and Forecast to 2024 - News Midget - December 4th, 2019
- Logz.io Unveils First-Ever Open Source-Based Cloud Observability Platform Powered by ELK and Grafana - GlobeNewswire - December 4th, 2019
- 'Big 3' Public Cloud Providers: 4 Reasons Not to Use Them - ITPro Today - December 4th, 2019
- Global Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2019 by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 - World Industry Reports - December 4th, 2019
- Join Us For The IBM i On The Public Cloud Webinar - IT Jungle - December 4th, 2019
- Amazon reveals new server chip to take on Intel - MyBroadband - December 4th, 2019
- SysGroup (LON:SYS) Hits New 1-Year Low at $33.50 - TechNewsObserver - December 4th, 2019
- How to match your IT workloads to the right cloud - TechBeacon - December 2nd, 2019
- Application modernisation in 2020 and beyond why businesses need to be ready now - CIO Australia - December 2nd, 2019
- Cloud Performance Varies Across the World, New Report Finds - ITPro Today - December 2nd, 2019
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday: These web hosting offers come only once a year - MyHostNews.com - November 30th, 2019
- HostNOC offering a big discount on its hosting and dedicated servers - Press Release - Digital Journal - November 30th, 2019
- Cloud-based Database Market 2019 to Perceive Biggest Trend and Opportunity with Key Players Google, Amazon Web Services, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle,... - November 30th, 2019
- This Week in Jobs: We're one wild turkey - Technical.ly - November 30th, 2019
- Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services Market Revenue, Region Analysis, And Forecast 2024 - Space Market Research - November 30th, 2019
- Why Is Apple Trusted More Than Google? - Forbes - November 30th, 2019
- Ryuk ransomware attack on cloud hosting company affected 110 hospitals - TEISS - November 28th, 2019
- Embrace the Journey of Technological Transformation - CIOReview - November 28th, 2019
- Global Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) Market 2018-2022 | Evolving Opportunities with IBM and iland | Technavio - Business Wire - November 28th, 2019
- Join In For The IBM i On The Public Cloud Webinar - IT Jungle - November 28th, 2019
- If tsoHost is lecturing us on sleep hygiene, Brit outfit really does have hosting back to front - The Register - November 28th, 2019
- DHA SDD Shifting Health IT Outlook for 2020 - GovernmentCIO Media - November 28th, 2019