Fears that cloud environments are less secure than on-premise solutions have long been a barrier to organisations making the move to the cloud. While some organisations remain hesitant, cloud security is no longer the obstacle that it once was.
According to a report conducted by Nominet, 61% of security professionals now believe that the risk associated with a security breach in a cloud environment is the same as or less than that of software installed on-premise.
This view is backed by Gartner. It predicts that in 2020 public cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) workloads will suffer at least 60% fewer security incidents than those in traditional data centres.
Attitudes have changed, and for most technology leaders the benefits of public cloud now outweigh the concerns. Cloud providers are now viewed as the experts in security their business depends on it. They hire the best industry talent to protect the infrastructure and invest heavily in the latest security innovation for cloud-based solutions. Increasing cloud adoption means making security needs the cornerstone of any cloud-based business.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is currently the largest provider dominating the public cloud market. It has been leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for nine straight years. According to Gartner, AWS accounts for 47.8% of the 2018 IaaS public cloud services market share. That is more than three times the market share of Microsoft Azure, which has 15.5% of the market.
Cloud infrastructure and services are now considered secure. However, organisations need to be aware of inherent risks in their workloads. Moving applications to the cloud may result in vulnerabilities becoming easier to exploit.
Virtual cloud infrastructure and services provide you with maximum flexibility and great security options. To keep your workloads secure, security patching, application security and pen testing processes need to be in place. This means striking a balance between utilising the flexibility of cloud to react to ever-changing business needs, and the compliance and security requirements of the business.
An element adding additional complexity is the more recent trend for multi-cloud strategies. It is beneficial for a business to not be reliant on a single vendor. However, each vendor has different pricing models, features and terminology along with different compliance models. These need to be navigated and processes put in place to achieve a common base level of security and compliance across all vendors.
The effort, expertise and level of skill required is significant and many businesses struggle to manage this effectively. Furthermore, none of these things are moving your organisations core business forward. Importantly, they are often a distraction from your businesss core mission but still tie up essential resources with non-core tasks.
There is an alternative to doing this in-house. Choose a trusted partner who specialises in cloud-hosted managed services to deliver the solution on your behalf. It takes care of the day-to-day operation of the platform. This allows the business to focus on moving forward with its core activities. It allows the business to keep using the technology that has served it well. Additionally, the business benefits from the flexibility and seemingly limitless resources available in the cloud without needing to build an in-house team of cloud experts.
Gartner says: The cloud managed service landscape is becoming increasingly sophisticated and competitive. In fact, by 2022, up to 60% of organisations will use an external service providers cloud managed service offering, which is double the percentage of organisations from 2018.
For many organisations this is a win-win. Clearvisions ClearHost solution is a managed service designed and operated by our in-house team of cloud experts. It helps organisations of all sizes with the management of their mission-critical applications. Powered by AWS, who are ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and SOC2 certified, it is managed entirely by Clearvision.
Clearvision has the expertise, automations and economies of scale to handle a large number of workloads. With its recent ISO 27001 certification, it has been independently verified to adhere to industry best practices. This ensures your productivity tools are both available and secure.
The world of business is moving to the cloud. You must understand how to manage complexity, cost and security are top priorities. Many organisations, however, are finding that the vast number of options available to them can result in too many blind alleys being followed. They are, therefore, struggling to realise the real benefits of cloud.
Cloud provides many options, but it ultimately comes down to what is best for your business. It is important to take a realistic view of the challenges that cloud can introduce. Do you know what resources are needed to build and manage cloud environments? What is the best technology for your business? Is it IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), or hosted environment built on the secure foundation of public cloud? A trusted partner will help you choose and manage your cloud.
Founded in 2005, Clearvision is an ISO 27001 certified Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner. Experts within the company have helped hundreds of businesses using the Atlassian stack with their consultancy, hosting, training, and support needs.
Enabling teams to reach their full potential is the companys mantra, which is shown through the time and money saved by customers who need not compromise on quality.
Clearvision caters to Atlassian customers, in addition to providing services including ClearHost, its trusted hosting platform powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS), and ClearHub a platform for businesses searching for expert Jira, Confluence, and DevOps Contractors, anywhere in the world, with built-in technical support.
For more information, please visit http://www.clearvision-cm.com. Follow Clearvision on Twitter @clearvisioncm or LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/clearvision/ to stay up to date with the latest announcements in the Atlassian ecosystem and beyond.
Go here to read the rest:
Understanding Control, Security and Risk When Moving to Cloud - - Enterprise Times
- Two new higher education institutions select OnBase hosted in the Hyland Cloud - PRNewswire - February 27th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Types and Applications Outlook, Industry Drivers, Ongoing Trends, Future Demand, Challenges, Top Companies & Forecast... - February 27th, 2020
- Alibaba to give out free cloud to help businesses affected by Coronavirus - Data Economy - February 27th, 2020
- Arizona Health Information Exchange Launches NextGen Healthcare Health Data Hub to Improve the Physician Experience and Enhance Patient Care - Yahoo... - February 27th, 2020
- Financial organisations leading the way for hybrid cloud, Nutanix finds - DataCentreNews Europe - February 27th, 2020
- LINX Cardiff Becomes LINX Wales as Regional Internet Exchange Welcome NGD to the Network - RealWire - February 27th, 2020
- ServerCentral Turing Group and Digital Realty Expand Partnership for Hybrid Cloud Solutions - HostReview.com - February 27th, 2020
- How CPAs Can Have a Stronger IT Infrastructure - Accountingweb.com - February 22nd, 2020
- Cohere Cyber Secure announces Fully Integrated "Cyber-Managed Security as a Service" Targeting High-Demand Enterprises in Healthcare and... - February 22nd, 2020
- Software Asset Management Market 2020 Analysis, End Users, Business Growth, Top Key Players and Forecast to 2025 - News Times - February 22nd, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Insights with Statistics and Growth Prediction 2020 to 2026 - Instant Tech News - February 21st, 2020
- Will VMware's New Fees Trigger Rush to the Cloud? - Toolbox - February 21st, 2020
- Infoblox Core DDI and Cloud Platform appliance products are now certified as Nutanix Ready - Help Net Security - February 21st, 2020
- HMRC chief gives thumbs up to five-year cloud migration programme - PublicTechnology - February 21st, 2020
- How can government manage the growing digital market choice? - The Mandarin - February 21st, 2020
- The long read: 20 years in ITS - Highways Magazine - February 21st, 2020
- ResellerClub Turns 14, Celebrates With Big Birthday Bash Sale on Web Hosting and Servers - Yahoo Finance - February 18th, 2020
- Will Gaia-X deliver the independent cloud network Europe needs? - Techerati - February 18th, 2020
- 6 reasons why the cloud is great for your business - Techaeris - February 18th, 2020
- When Robotic Process Automation (RPA) bots break: 3 things to know - The Enterprisers Project - February 18th, 2020
- Right Networks Partners with Fintainium to Streamline Cloud-Based Accounting Services - JSA - February 18th, 2020
- STG Announces Partnership with Infosys Finacle to Bring Powerful Cloud Native Banking Platform to US Community Banks - PR Web - February 18th, 2020
- The Best Cloud Web Hosting Services for 2020 | PCMag - February 17th, 2020
- Mahomes Tech Interview Why Has This Web Hosting Company Become A Leader - Instant Tech News - February 17th, 2020
- Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services Market To Wi - News by aeresearch - February 17th, 2020
- Business Process as a Service Market Is Thriving Worldwide with CA technologies, Dell, International Business Machines - Nyse Nasdaq Live - February 17th, 2020
- Take care of ERP data security when moving to the cloud - TechTarget - February 17th, 2020
- Dish gets its day in the sun, becomes No. 4 US wireless carrier - FierceWireless - February 17th, 2020
- Three-year-old partner Solution Tech buys thirty-year-old partner Modern Computer System - CRN Australia - February 17th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market investigated in the latest research - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - February 13th, 2020
- Mastering the complexity of multi-cloud in 2020 - Intelligent CIO ME - February 13th, 2020
- Weather Source uses Snowflake to keep ahead of extreme weather - ComputerWeekly.com - February 13th, 2020
- Video Hosting Software Market Investigation Highlights Growth Trends in the Coming Years: Wistia, Vimeo, BombBomb - Nyse Nasdaq Live - February 13th, 2020
- Innovative Report on Cloud-based Database Market with Competitive Analysis, New Business Developments and Top Companies: Amazon Web Services, Google,... - February 13th, 2020
- One.com buys its second Nordics web hosting firm in months - Data Economy - February 13th, 2020
- alwaysAI now open to meet growing demand from computer vision developers - PR Web - February 13th, 2020
- Matic nodes now available for deployment on the Ankr cloud - CryptoNinjas - February 10th, 2020
- The National Archives is looking for some more cloud - FedScoop - February 10th, 2020
- UKCloud survey reveals why public sector organisations are turning to multi-cloud - Intelligent CIO Africa - February 10th, 2020
- Build your own cloud infrastructure with Nextcloud and Collabora - IT PRO - February 10th, 2020
- Web hosting firms to take down unsavoury content without court orders - Law Society of Ireland Gazette - February 10th, 2020
- The Top 7 Google Cloud Books You Need to Read in 2020 - Solutions Review - February 8th, 2020
- Teresa Carlson, AWS Worldwide Public Sector VP, Named to 2020 Wash100 for Cloud Innovation, Business Expansion and New Educational Platforms -... - February 8th, 2020
- 7 online courses that will help you improve your technical skills - Ladders - February 8th, 2020
- Cloud Technology Solutions CEO on keeping pace with Google Clouds growth - NS Tech - February 8th, 2020
- Anurag Goel on Cloud Native Platforms, Developer Experience, and Scaling Kubernetes - InfoQ.com - February 8th, 2020
- Goodbye Google: Is it possible to live online without Google? - Stuff Magazines - February 8th, 2020
- 5 Companies That Came To Win This Week - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - February 8th, 2020
- Azubuike named Kareem Abdul-Jabaar Center of the Year Award finalist - Salina Post - February 8th, 2020
- WIPL enters into partnership with Plesk to offer fully integrated cloud hosting services in India - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter |... - February 6th, 2020
- What Type of Server Provides the Highest ROI? - Techiexpert.com - TechiExpert.com - February 6th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market likely to touch new heights by end of fore - News by aeresearch - February 6th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud And Hosting Market 2020 Industry Trends, Opportunities and Forecast to 2026 - Instant Tech News - February 6th, 2020
- The 20 Coolest Cloud Infrastructure Companies Of The 2020 Cloud 100 - CRN: Technology news for channel partners and solution providers - February 6th, 2020
- Five benefits of colocation: Why it should be part of your hybrid cloud strategy - Intelligent CIO ME - February 6th, 2020
- What Are the Benefits of Using Cloud Hosting Over Traditional One? - India West - January 30th, 2020
- IT Solutions & Services Provider Technologent Partners with Armor to Bring Cloud Security and Compliance Solutions to its Customers - Yahoo... - January 30th, 2020
- Hotel Operations in The Cloud: What Are Your Options? - Hospitality Net - January 30th, 2020
- Five New Domain Extensions Coming from XYZ in 2020 - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - January 30th, 2020
- Hit Rail awarded hosting and operation of ProRail Common Interface - Global Railway Review - January 30th, 2020
- 4 contact center trends that drive customer experience - TechTarget - January 30th, 2020
- Improving Information Security with ISO 27001 - IDM.net.au - January 30th, 2020
- The 3 fundamentals of hybrid cloud architecture management - TechTarget - January 30th, 2020
- Data Protection Day: Why protection is better than a cure - Verdict - January 30th, 2020
- 2020 vision: edtech in 2020 with Ashley Cartwright - Education Technology - January 30th, 2020
- Cybersecurity in 2020: The rise of the CISO - MIT Technology Review - January 30th, 2020
- 'Financing the Future' with Barry Gross, Partner at BCLP Law - Finvest Summit Special - Data Economy - January 30th, 2020
- Ways In Which Cloud Hosting Affects SEO Services And Results - HostReview.com - January 13th, 2020
- Home Office reinforces commitment to AWS with 100m cloud hosting deal - ComputerWeekly.com - January 13th, 2020
- WSL 2: Where is it, and where is it going? - TechRepublic - January 13th, 2020
- The biggest govtech deals of the week (13/01/20) - NS Tech - January 13th, 2020
- Lost in Migration? Attributing carbon when outsourcing to cloud - Data Economy - January 13th, 2020
- UKCloud announces new discounts to help organisations thrive and build an increasingly independent national capability - RealWire - January 13th, 2020
- How Cloud Computing is Driving the Industrial Revolution 4.0 - Elets - January 13th, 2020
- Informatica expands its leadership team and appoints Amit Walia as CEO - Data Economy - January 8th, 2020
- Enhancing Hyperscale Cloud Growth at the infra // STRUCTURE Summit - Yahoo Finance - January 8th, 2020
- Green House Data Adds Digital Transformation Expert Victor Tingler to Executive Team to Lead Enterprise Consulting Services - Yahoo Finance - January 8th, 2020
- Five Things To Do in St. Cloud, Jan. 13-17 - SC Times - January 8th, 2020
- FASB cloud computing cost standard to soon take effect - Compliance Week - January 3rd, 2020
- Amazon, Google, Microsoft: Who had the best year in cloud in 2019? - The Register - January 3rd, 2020