Digital transformation has become a must-have initiative for organizations in todays hyperconnected landscape. As hybrid working becomes the new normal for many organizations and the business world continues to operate in unprecedented times, the ability to operate and adapt efficiently, with speed, is crucial to survival. As such, for organizations looking to remain competitive in the years ahead, investment in the right tools, technologies, and frameworks to bolster their operations should be prioritized as a foundational imperative.
Over the past eighteen months, businesses have been quick to adopt cloud computing technology as a core solution to scale and accelerate their digital initiatives. In fact, at no other point in time has there been such a demand for cloud services than during the Covid-19 pandemic. With the physical world being replaced by a virtual one, cloud services have helped to make work a better, more connected experience for all. Forward-looking enterprises should therefore take time to consider the benefits that cloud has to offer.
Among a variety of different cloud computing models, hybrid cloud has emerged as one of the most popular solutions for satisfying an organizations core objectives. From refactoring, hosting, or re-architecting an application, there are many different factors that business leaders must consider when choosing the right solution for them. In such situations, a hybrid cloud model can enable organizations to leverage multiple environments to meet the needs of each core function. Essentially, this approach allows enterprises to get the best of both the public and private cloud, from an economic and security perspective.
Hybrid cloud is an architectural pattern that combines multiple public and private clouds. This framework serves as a common infrastructure that can be seamlessly interconnected and operated to provide consistent computing environments. This is different to multi-cloud infrastructure a variation of hybrid cloud where application workloads are spread across two public clouds and are used to manage diverse tasks.
Some popular hybrid adaption models include custom managed, vendor managed, partner-managed, and cloud provider managed. The suitability of each variation will depend on the unique needs of your business.
The advantages of hybrid cloud are numerous. In fact, the adoption of a hybrid model not only offers businesses the chance to improve their overall agility, but is also a great way to reduce costs and bolster security levels, as it allows workloads to move freely between private and public clouds. Put simply, a common computing architecture can deliver improved results across the board.
1. By placing workloads where they make sense
Hybrid cloud can truly give organizations the best of both worlds. For example, private cloud offers control and isolation for critical security operations, whereas the public cloud provides cost-effective, elastic pricing for temporary consumer demands and seasonal peaks in business activities. At a time when organizations are looking to improve their security and flexibility, we clearly see this model as the go-to solution for those looking to get ahead of the innovation curve.
Essentially, businesses can benefit from the scalability of the public cloud, moving as many non-critical functions to this space as possible, all the while creating greater capacity and enhancing security for the private one. Sensitive data in the private cloud will then be stored according to the parameters established by current data protection regulations. Put simply, having access to hybrid cloud enables businesses to serve each unique need efficiently, in a swift and secure manner.
2. By cutting down unnecessary costs
Cost is another key factor that pushes organizations towards the power of hybrid cloud. By continually re-evaluating an organizations use of cloud and exploring new cloud services that could be leveraged, subsequent optimizations can result in improved performance, a reduction in costs, and a better return on investment (ROI). Essentially, the partitioning of services across public and private clouds will often cut down unnecessary expenditure.
In addition, hybrid cloud enables business leaders to allocate public cloud resources for short-term needs, such as product testing or peak traffic during a specific event, at substantially lower costs than using an on-premise data center. Setting up a traditional data center requires a lot of capital expenditure (CAPEX) and upfront investment, so it is understandable why enterprises opt for a more flexible option. For business leaders looking to survive in todays hyper-connected landscape, hybrid cloud just might the right solution for them.
3. By accelerating business growth
Hybrid cloud enables swift innovation, by offering organizations greater choice when it comes to adopting cloud-native technologies. This ability to choose a solution that best fits their needs, in turn, allows enterprises to differentiate themselves from the competition, respond quickly to ever-changing consumer demands, and supply rapid business use cases. Adoption of the public cloud, for example, provides increased agility and the ability to swiftly build up infrastructures for your customers, without impacting essential business activities.
Just like any other digital infrastructure, hybrid cloud necessitates careful planning, implementation, and maintenance. As a result, business leaders must carefully assess if a hybrid model is truly the best option for their company, as well as the main traps to avoid on the journey to cloud adoption.
1. Manual infrastructure management should be avoided
It is important that organizations do not attempt to manage hybrid infrastructure manually, as this can result in errors and inconsistencies across the board. For example, the infrastructure landscape can become complex over a period of time as new business functions are introduced and it becomes hard to roll out changes. To avoid this, implement infrastructure automation from day one and promote this throughout the route-to-live environments. Infrastructure as Code (IaC) can provide advantages over manual provisioning, both in terms of initial provisioning time and ongoing maintenance.
2. Ensure that resources are not being mismanaged
How resources are being managed is a core part of having robust, secure, and efficient infrastructure. First and foremost, always ensure the cheapest combination of resources are being used for given use cases. For example, make sure money is not being wasted in the public cloud by leaving resources running when they are no longer doing anything. It is also vital that the right network design is in place before spinning up new cloud infrastructures. This provides clear network zoning and avoids error when various networks are peered together for seamless communication.
3. Choose technology options based on need
Business leaders looking to truly benefit from hybrid cloud should avoid getting influenced by cool-tech and industry hype. Using cloud-native technology without stopping to consider its suitability for a given use case is an unnecessary risk. organizations must therefore take the time to understand the challenges they are facing, and opt for the right solution at the right price, that can create conditions to deliver true business value.
Many businesses today require the capabilities of both public and private clouds. While public cloud solutions are perfect for scaling up or down quickly, private clouds are a suitable option when critical data must be stored or isolated. It, therefore, comes as no surprise that enterprises are increasingly towards the power of hybrid cloud to bolster their framework and move beyond competitors. Ultimately, hybrid cloud truly delivers on the promise of providing the best of both worlds.
That being said, just like any other product selection, organizations must follow an objective method before deciding what cloud infrastructure best suits their needs. After all, not every business has the same core objectives. Here at Tech Amigos, we are committed to helping companies navigate this journey to cloud adoption and choose the right solution for them.
Sachin Deshpande, Founder, Tech Amigos
- Rebranded Ransomware Group Sabbath Hitting Hospitals and Schools - JD Supra - December 3rd, 2021
- This 10TB cloud storage is cheaper than buying a Starbucks but it ends today - TechRadar - December 3rd, 2021
- Crypto Promoter Charged With Scamming Investors Out of Millions | Chief Investment Officer - Chief Investment Officer - December 3rd, 2021
- Coevolve announces important new hires and expansion in the European market - EnterpriseTalk - December 3rd, 2021
- Top trends in tech transformation - Lexology - December 3rd, 2021
- Verint Announces Strong Third Quarter Results, Raises Guidance and Three-Year Targets - marketscreener.com - December 3rd, 2021
- Network monitoring makes the cloud Connection | Daily News - IBC365 - December 2nd, 2021
- Let's Talk About IT Ep. 23 The Transformation of the DOD in the Cloud - FedScoop - December 2nd, 2021
- Key features of the newly launched Virto Commerce Cloud - AppleMagazine - December 2nd, 2021
- Cloudbazaar 2021 Brings Together Internet Leaders To Discuss The Future Of E-commerce - Yahoo Finance - December 2nd, 2021
- gotomyerp Co-founder And CEO, Robert Eppele, Has Been Named One of the 10 Best Inspiring Leaders of the Year 2021 by CIO Bulletin - PR Web - December 2nd, 2021
- Brighton and Hove News Brighton tech business wins national award - Brighton and Hove News - December 2nd, 2021
- Qatar among the biggest adopters of cloud in region - The Peninsula - December 2nd, 2021
- Lost SEO traffic in 2021? Here are 3 potential reasons why (and how to recover your rankings heading into 2022) - Search Engine Land - December 2nd, 2021
- $3.98 for 10TB online is what the best Cyber Monday cloud storage costs and it's exclusive to TechRadar - TechRadar - December 2nd, 2021
- Explore cloud-native vs. cloud-based vs. cloud-enabled apps - TechTarget - November 28th, 2021
- Clevelands vision for Blockland has stalled. Could Northeast Ohio still be a hub for blockchain? - cleveland.com - November 28th, 2021
- gotomyerp Has Been Listed As One Of The Top 50 Best Companies Of 2021 By The CEO Views - Longview News-Journal - November 28th, 2021
- Lumberjacks honor McPhail with jersey retirement - and 15th-straight win - St. Cloud Times - November 28th, 2021
- Accenture to Drive Organon's ERP Transformation with SAP on AWS - Inside SAP Magazine - November 28th, 2021
- FlashDrive Automates The Process Of Hosting Apps for Businesses in A Revolutionary Way - Yahoo Finance - November 24th, 2021
- The cloud complexity storm & changing organizational dynamics of IT Highlights from VotE: Cloud, Hosting & Managed Services - S&P Global - November 24th, 2021
- Adobe : How to send documents and information with enhanced security - marketscreener.com - November 24th, 2021
- Axtria to Lead Several Events on the Future of Digital Transformation, Product Design, and Product Leadership Opportunities for Women at NASSCOM... - November 24th, 2021
- HEALTHCARE TRIANGLE, INC. Management's discussion and analysis of financial condition and results of operations. (form 10-Q) - marketscreener.com - November 24th, 2021
- Great Tips For Web Optimization That Can Also Help In Mobile Application Development - WhaTech - WhaTech - November 24th, 2021
- Udacity to host international STEM Forward with Women conference featuring industry leaders from Microsoft, Saudi Telecom, HSBC, Sky, KPMG & more... - November 24th, 2021
- How to Preserve and Share Grandma's Recipes - WIRED - November 24th, 2021
- Google Cloud partially fixes load balancer SNAFU that hit Discord, Spotify, others today - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- TI will splash out up to $30B on wafer fabs - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Intel audio drivers give Windows 11 the blues and Microsoft Installer borked following security update - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Ubuntu desktop team teases 'proof of concept' systemd on Windows Subsystem for Linux - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Netlify acquires OneGraph: One API to rule them all? - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Boffins find way to use a standard smartphone to find hidden spy cams - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Thousands of Firefox users accidentally commit login cookies on GitHub - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- America, when you're done hitting us with the ban hammer, see these on-prem Zoom vulns, says Positive - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- VMware pulls vSphere update that only made things worse - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Everything but the catch: '90s pop act or a successful mission for Rocket Lab? - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Ready, player anyone? China's gaming ban left cloud providers looking for someone to play with - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Riverbed Technologies files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection following pandemic 'headwinds' - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- AWS adds Linux app streaming alongside Windows to 'greatly lower' cost - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Korea gives Google and Apple another kick for requiring their own payment systems - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Citrix initiates 'Restructuring Program' jobs and facilities to go - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- MediaTek's flagship 5G chip for top-of-the-line Android smartphones is coming right up - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Is mass cloud adoption going to last forever, or is it just a phase? - ITProPortal - November 20th, 2021
- 'We are not people to Mark Zuckerberg, we are the product' rages Ohio's Attorney General in Facebook lawsuit - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- The Rust Foundation gets ready to Rumbul (we're sure new CEO has never, ever heard that joke before) - The Register - November 20th, 2021
- Sage Sessions X3 kicks off in Orlando with focus on empowering customers and partners to thrive - Yahoo Finance - November 15th, 2021
- Telenor taps Google Clouds AI and analytics expertise to target a bigger slice of the digital transformation market - TelecomTV - November 15th, 2021
- New Apprenticeship Hosting Webinar As Part of National Apprenticeship Week To Help Address Tech Talent Gap - Yahoo Finance - November 15th, 2021
- Cybersecurity and OWASP in an Increasingly Digital World - tripwire.com - November 15th, 2021
- Successful CEO Guru Releases New Spin on Business Leadership and Audios of His Entrepreneur How-To Guide and Savvy Disruptive Tech Prediction Books -... - November 15th, 2021
- Domopalooza Returns to Salt Lake City Focusing on Future of Business and Data - Business Wire - November 15th, 2021
- During this pre-Black Friday sale, get an additional 15% off domain names and lifetime web hosting deals - ZDNet - November 8th, 2021
- Valeo Networks Acquires On Time Tech, Further Accelerating National Growth Strategy - PRNewswire - November 8th, 2021
- Huobi is migrating its spot trading business from Seychelles to Gibraltar - The Block Crypto - November 8th, 2021
- Outlook on the Cloud Hosting Service Market to 2026 by Application, End-user and Geography - Northwest Diamond Notes - November 8th, 2021
- Overview of the Different Types of Web Hosting - E/The Environmental Magazine - November 8th, 2021
- Microsoft bags major win over Amazon in cloud battle - TechRadar - November 8th, 2021
- 6 web hosting and domain deals on sale - Mashable - November 8th, 2021
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market to Witness Rapid Growth by 2028 | Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft, Tata Communications The Host - The Host - November 8th, 2021
- QuestDB snares $12M Series A with hosted version coming soon - TechCrunch - November 8th, 2021
- Using Open-Source Intelligence for Mergers and Acquisitions - Security Intelligence - November 8th, 2021
- Huawei might have to sell its server division following US sanctions - TechRadar - November 8th, 2021
- Bitdeer Group Showcases Diversity With New Filecoin Mining Option Press release Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - November 8th, 2021
- Forget Windows 11 hardware requirements, Windows 365 is here to save the day - TechRadar - November 8th, 2021
- Teledata and Sudlows win New Design/Build Data Centre Project of the Year at Prestigious DCS Awards - Business Manchester - November 8th, 2021
- Linda Visnick: Observing the Business World with an Innovative Eye - Analytics Insight - November 8th, 2021
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2021 Size Strong Revenue and Competitive Outlook : Amazon Web Services, AT & T, Google, GoDaddy,... - November 8th, 2021
- Cloud computing in the public sector: a distant dream or the near future? - ComputerWeekly.com - November 1st, 2021
- NSA, CISA Weigh in on Shared Responsibility for Cloud Security in the 5G Era - Nextgov - November 1st, 2021
- "wasmCloud allows us to rethink the cloud as just a stop on the way" - JAXenter - November 1st, 2021
- How To Choose The Best Website Hosting Platform 2021? Film Daily - Film Daily - November 1st, 2021
- Firstsource Selects NICE WFM Cloud to Unlock the Power of Digital Transformation - Business Wire - November 1st, 2021
- Bare Metal Cloud Service Market Overview and Forecast Report 2021-2026 | Amazon Web Services, Bigstep, Dell Technologies, IBM, CenturyLink, Oracle,... - November 1st, 2021
- The Rise of BGP Hijacking and Why You Need a Response Plan Immediately - Entrepreneur - November 1st, 2021
- Debunking SASE myths: How it has helped productivity - TechRadar - November 1st, 2021
- COVIDSafe total cost was AU$9.2 million to October 4 with AU$2.8 million on hosting - ZDNet - November 1st, 2021
- IT Infrastructure Services Market Is Booming Worldwide | HCL, IBM, Verizon Communications Inc., Accenture, HPE and more The Host - The Host - November 1st, 2021
- Russian cyber spies target CSPs and resellers to abuse delegated access - Reseller News - November 1st, 2021