Shared hosting is a cheaper option, so many online retailers tend to start their business with this type of hosting. But as their business grows, they are likely to run into resource constraints, and that negatively impacts their store performance.
It is at this juncture; the online retailer needs to decide whether to continue with the shared hosting or switch over to the cloud hosting.
Unmanaged hosting is not beneficial for the long run, so you need to consider a managed hosting that offers you significant benefits. It also enables you to focus more on your business and make efforts to grow it.
Despite the shared hosting being the most economical option available, it is, however, only for the ones who can manage all the technicalities related to their online store. Or else, it becomes an expensive affair due to a slew of factors popping up. It is not advantageous in the long run.
You also need to manage the server. If you are not tech-savvy, you need to invest in hiring a system administrator for the job. Also, it is your responsibility to add Apache, NGINX, PHP stack, cache, database management, etc.
Unmanaged hosting is not a very good option for online retail stores due to:
You can get rid of all these problems by switching over to the managed Magento hosting. It enables you to free yourself from managing the server, and so you will get ample time to focus on your online store and grow your business.
Managed Magento hosting gives you the following advantages:
Magento is a complex eCommerce platform that is developed on a sophisticated architecture. It calls for a complex mixture of components in the running server, like managed cloud hosting, among others. With managed cloud hosting, you get the flexibility to upgrade as well as downgrade the size of the server anytime. And for online retailers, this feature becomes extremely useful, especially in the holiday period when there is an abrupt rise in the traffic. We recommend you to start your Magento store with a 4GB plan, which is the best option for starters.
Managed Magento hosting is endowed with high security. It provides maximum protection due to the deployment of multiple layers of Intrusion Detection System (IDS), which gives protection against any malicious activity, DDoS attacks, policy violations, etc. And in the event of any security issues, the technical support team springs into action in very little time.
A managed Magento hosting has the latest technology that consists of the latest web server software along with a powerful caching system. As such, it entails faster page loading time as compared to shared hosting. And it is a crucial aspect for all online merchants as their growth in revenues depends upon it. At the same time, a managed Magento hosting provides maximum uptime, and that is a critical component in search engine results pages (SERP) as it gives faith to search engines.
You can get the technical support you need quite often when you opt for managed Magento hosting. The support team gives you round the clock support to fix any issue that might pop up anytime. An expert system administrator is the core member of the support team. He and his team manage all the technical issues of the server to offer you technical support. He manages things, such as domain registration, server launch and website migration.
You cannot put your website off-line when you want to test new changes. So you need to test all updates, plugins or new changes on a development mode rather than the live website.
But with unmanaged hosting testing website changes is a time-consuming process. Managed hosting enables you to do away with the cumbersome process by providing single-click staging features that are developed for testing the changes without putting the website off-line.
Staging allows you to get a clone of your website with a click on a button. You can access the cloned website through a test URL using FTP, SSH or phpMyAdmin.
Single-click installation is a crucial feature of managed magento hosting that is an important time saving and server management feature. It provides you with j-toggle, and the platform itself takes care of everything. Single-click features include Magento-app installation, enabling/disabling services, migration, domain mapping, backup, SSL certificates, among others.
With managed Magento hosting, you can get backups of your website whenever you want. You can schedule automatic backup by clicking on the buttons for the purpose.
You now have an understanding of the difference between managed and unmanaged hosting. At the same time, you also came to know why you should choose the managed Magento hosting. Therefore, if you are starting an online store, you should choose the managed Magento hosting for the reasons outlined above.
Last Updated on June 24, 2020
Continue reading here:
Why you should shun unmanaged hosting and adopt managed - MOARGeek
- Managing the Evolving Security Threat Landscape - Security Boulevard - October 6th, 2020
- Oklahoma Hospital Selects Evident EHR and TruBridge RCM Solutions for Their Integration, Intuitive Workflows, and Financial Efficiencies - Business... - October 6th, 2020
- Rural Cloud Initiative Completes First Phase of the Farm of the Future - PRNewswire - October 6th, 2020
- Best Practices for Migrating SharePoint to Office 365 - The Sports Bank - October 6th, 2020
- A-List Osthoff Resort Positions for Travel Restart; Selects Maestro PMS During Industry Pause for Guest-Focused Mobile Services and Integrated... - October 6th, 2020
- VMware is making it easier for its customers to use Microsoft's cloud, but still considers Amazon its 'preferred partner' as AWS hosting for its... - October 5th, 2020
- The cost of website hosting for small businesses in 2020 - Startups.co.uk - October 5th, 2020
- A software to keep you on top of cloud security needs - DAWN.com - October 5th, 2020
- The Fall Technology Refreshes Are Almost Here - IT Jungle - October 5th, 2020
- Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market 2020 | Know the Latest COVID19 Impact Analysis And Strategies of Key Players: Amazon Web Services (AWS),... - October 2nd, 2020
- Aptum Releases Part One of Quarterly Cloud Impact Study - The Kingston Whig-Standard - October 2nd, 2020
- Accelerated Digital Transformation- The New Normal - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 2nd, 2020
- Edge Computing Will Drive $7 Billion of Revenue by 2025 - HostReview.com - October 2nd, 2020
- The Inside-Out of the Digital-Transformation Strategies - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - October 2nd, 2020
- Timico accepted into the Government (G-Cloud) framework - Bdaily - October 2nd, 2020
- What factors to consider when choosing a web hosting company | - Daily Invest News - October 2nd, 2020
- InMotion Hosting Upgrades their Dedicated Servers with Latest Intel Xeon Scalable Technology - PRNewswire - October 2nd, 2020
- Cloud Storage Service Market 2020 By Key Players, Types, Applications, Countries, Market Size, Forecast To 2026 (Based On 2020 COVID-19 Worldwide... - October 2nd, 2020
- Oracle Live 2020 - not all ERP clouds are created equal. Oracle makes the public cloud ERP case - Diginomica - October 2nd, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market : Global Strategies and Insight driven transformation 2020 2026 - SG Research Sphere - September 29th, 2020
- Detailed Profiling of Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting Market (Covid-19 Updated) Insights 2020 to 2026 | Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft, Tata... - September 29th, 2020
- Two Scottish firms are listed on lucrative G-Cloud 12 framework - Insider.co.uk - September 29th, 2020
- What are the Key Benefits of NetApp Cloud Manager? - CIOReview - September 29th, 2020
- Airtel And Radware Partner to Offer Cloud Security Services to Businesses in India - GlobeNewswire - September 29th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Growth, Statistics, By Application, Production, Revenue & Forecast to 2026 - The Daily Chronicle - September 29th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market 2020 | What Is The Estimated Market Size In The Upcoming Years? - The Daily Chronicle - September 29th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Providers Market 2020: Potential growth, attractive valuation make it is a long-term investment | Know the COVID19 Impact | Top... - September 29th, 2020
- Reporter's Notebook: I Live in the Best St. Cloud Neighborhood - WJON News - September 29th, 2020
- Pegasystems Inc expand its India leadership team - United News of India - September 29th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market Research Report 2020-2026 By Players, Regions, Product Types & Applications | Amazon Web Services, AT... - September 29th, 2020
- Cloud 2020 In conversation with China Mobiles Eric Chiu - MyBroadband - September 29th, 2020
- An introduction to Alibaba cloud offerings - TechTarget - September 29th, 2020
- iland bridges major data protection gaps in Microsoft 365 - RealWire - September 29th, 2020
- TikTok won't be banned from US app stores. Here's why. - News@Northeastern - September 29th, 2020
- Railway Management System Market Will Reflect Significant Growth Prospects of US$ Mn during 2020-2025 with Major Key Player: ABB, Alstom, Ansaldo,... - September 29th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Global Share, Segment Analysis, Growth Drivers And Forecast To 2028 - Crypto Daily - September 29th, 2020
- 2020 Call for Code Global Challenge Finalists Selected for Innovative Solutions to Take on COVID-19 and Climate Change - GISuser.com - September 29th, 2020
- Ace Cloud Hosting Announces Partnership With ICAT Systems - AiThority - September 22nd, 2020
- Jelastic PaaS Expanded for Educational Institutions with Reclaim Cloud Hosting - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host... - September 22nd, 2020
- The travel forecast is uncertain, other than the presence of the cloud - PhocusWire - September 22nd, 2020
- Application Hosting Market Analysis, Revenue, Key Players, Trends, Growth, Size, Share and Forecast 2020 to 2028 - The Daily Chronicle - September 22nd, 2020
- Cloud-based solutions and hosting solutions are every country's overall development - Namibia Economist - September 22nd, 2020
- 5 IT spend trends to watch - CIO Dive - September 22nd, 2020
- U.S. Department of Commerce Publishes Transactions with ByteDance and Tencent That Are Prohibited Due to National Security Concerns Raised by TikTok... - September 22nd, 2020
- Cloud 2020 In conversation with Huaweis Ray Rui - MyBroadband - September 22nd, 2020
- GlobalOutlook enabling SMBs to be Productive during COVID-19 with its Fanatic Support - PR Newswire India - August 18th, 2020
- Jelastic PaaS Expanded for Educational Institutions with Reclaim Cloud Hosting in the USA, Canada and the United Kingdom - MyHostNews.com - August 18th, 2020
- Nuance Expands Availability of Cloud-Based Dragon Professional Anywhere Solution - Yahoo Finance - August 18th, 2020
- API integration of microservices needs more than a service mesh - Diginomica - August 18th, 2020
- Cloud Repatriation: Why It's More Than 'Just' Public Cloud Retreat - ITPro Today - August 18th, 2020
- Geotab Achieves FedRAMP Authorization for Its Cloud-Based Telematics Platform - Business Wire - August 18th, 2020
- Multi-Vital Ambulatory Monitor for COVID-19 Patients Launches in the US - - HIT Consultant - August 18th, 2020
- Technology Management Concepts Honored as a 'Top 100 VAR' for the 'Bob Scott's Top VAR 100' & the 'AccountingToday 2020 VAR 100' Lists - PR Web - August 18th, 2020
- Huawei is the main sponsor of the Cloud 2020 Conference - MyBroadband - August 18th, 2020
- Application Hosting Market 2020| Global Share, Comprehensive Analysis, Size, Covid-19 Analysis, Future Estimations and Key Industry Segments Poised... - August 18th, 2020
- In Contrast to 'Permanent Remote Work,' VMware Messaging Touts 'Return-to-Office' - Virtualization Review - August 18th, 2020
- New Island provides full ITSM capabilities from AWS with locally hosted BMC Helix - Intelligent CIO Africa - August 18th, 2020
- IT infrastructure that's agile - ITWeb - August 18th, 2020
- Jelastic PaaS Expanded for Educational Institutions with Reclaim Cloud Hosting in the USA, Canada and the United Kingdom - HostReview.com - August 10th, 2020
- Big Boom In Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market With A Growing CACR During 2020-2027| Med Tech Solutions Inc, Rackspace, Health Catalyst, OVH Cloud,... - August 10th, 2020
- Verizon Business Plans to Simplify and Accelerate E2E IoT Solution with Microsoft Azure - The Fast Mode - August 10th, 2020
- What you should know when creating your own website - MyBroadband - August 10th, 2020
- Palomino Inc. Completes Acquisition of GCIS Inc. to Grow Cloud Hosting and Business Application Support in Times of COVID-19 - Yahoo Finance - August 8th, 2020
- Cloud Infrastructure Services Market Research Report by Service Type, by Organization Size, by Deployment, by Vertical - Global Forecast to 2025 -... - August 8th, 2020
- Cloud Hosted vs. On-Premise vs. Self Hosted vs. Private Cloud PMS: All Platforms Have Advantages; Which is Right for You? | By Warren Dehan -... - August 8th, 2020
- Capital One to pay $80M penalty over 2019 data breach - Banking Dive - August 8th, 2020
- 16 reasons why you should move your backup to a NZ-hosted solution - IT Brief New Zealand - August 8th, 2020
- All PMS Platforms Have Advantages, But Which One is Right for Your Hotel? | - Hotel Technology News - August 8th, 2020
- Bare metal vs dedicated servers: which is the better web hosting option? - ITProPortal - August 8th, 2020
- Help For Caregivers Coming to St Cloud VA - KNSI Radio - August 8th, 2020
- [Webinar] eDiscovery In The Age of Cloud Applications: How To Collect From Slack - August 20th, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm ET - JD Supra - August 8th, 2020
- Army transitions from Industrial Age to Information Age Fort Carson Mountaineer - fortcarsonmountaineer.com - July 25th, 2020
- Adobe Partners With Red Hat, Google Updates AI Offering and More CX News - CMSWire - July 25th, 2020
- Cloud Migration - COVID Effect - Story of Future - July 25th, 2020
- Pandemic shockwave shatters cultural barriers to cloud adoption - Daily Trust - July 25th, 2020
- How much it costs to build and host a website in South Africa - MyBroadband - July 25th, 2020
- Network Host Service Market to Grow Significantly With Increasing Advancements in Technology, Says QYR| AT&T, Google Cloud, GoDaddy - Owned - July 25th, 2020
- A CoE in IoT in Agriculture at Guwahati, Animation at Shillong and Emerging Tech-AR/VR Launched - Express Computer - July 25th, 2020
- Top 5 Things to Know in the Market on Thursday, July 23rd By .com - Up News Info - July 25th, 2020
- Cloud Hosting Service Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 - 3rd... - July 14th, 2020