Children both younger and older -- are curious by nature and science is one such subject where people learn and explore, putting their minds to test and play. Fun facts about everyday life and the great mysteries of the universe always fascinate us, no matter our age.
Here are a few lesser-known science facts that will excite and interest children and adults as they learn more about the subject:
Neutron stars are the remnants of giant stars that died in a fiery explosion known as a supernova. Neutron stars and their density are usually measured in solar masses.
They have a mass of about twice that of the sun (bigger than 10 suns) and are the smallest and dense stars known to exist in the universe.
If we dig up one teaspoon of mass from a neutron star, the mass will weigh around 6 billion tons which proves how dense the star can be!
There are certain metals like potassium, sodium, lithium, rubidium, and cesium that are reactive, and they tarnish instantly when exposed to air and explode when dropped in water!
The alkali metals have only one electron on their outer shell, making them ultra-keen to pass on this unwanted passenger to another element via bonding.
As a result, they form compounds with other elements so readily that they do not exist independently in nature.
Yes! This is caused by tectonic plates which are in constant motion, driven by currents that rise and fall under them.
Hawaii remains in the center of the Pacific plate and every year due to this constant motion, Hawaii is slowly and steadily heading to the North American platform, back to Alaska.
Like many other hyperaccumulating plants, sunflowers remove metal compounds from deep in the soil and transport them into the stem, leaves and, flower head.
They can take up high concentration of toxic materials and are adept at extracting radioactive metals from a particular place in a period of 3-4years.
Hyperaccumulating plants are used to clear up waste during a process called phytoremediation.
Cockroaches are infamous for their tenacity and are often pointed to as the most possible nuclear war refugees.
Due to their open circulatory system, and the fact that they breathe through little holes in each of their body segments, they are not dependent on the mouth or head to breathe.
The roach only dies because without a mouth, it cannot drink water and dies of thirst.
Encouraging children to learn and discover new things through science everyday will develop their knowledge and practice many skills.
And not just children, adults will also always benefit from learning new facts and gaining new information on a day-today basis!
- Article by Nabanita Bhattacharjee, Master Teacher, Vedantu
Read: Here are 10 amazing facts about our universe
Read: 20 interesting General Knowledge facts that you should know
Go here to see the original:
5 amazing science facts that will blow your mind - India Today
- Peacemakers Butterrflies may be revealed by some weird DC comics - Polygon - January 16th, 2022
- Pioneering neurosurgeon explored the mind's mysteries and left behind secrets - The Globe and Mail - January 16th, 2022
- Bill Kirby: January brings the challenge of crossing the international dateline - The Augusta Chronicle - January 16th, 2022
- Bernard Tomic reveals Novak Djokovic comment that stuck into his mind - Tennis World USA - January 16th, 2022
- Valentino Khan Shares Heartwarming Story of Bob Saget's Reaction to "Deep Down Low" - EDM.com - January 16th, 2022
- Move your body for a healthy mind: Health experts weigh in on winter activity - WKOW - January 16th, 2022
- Nobel Laureates to discuss the future of science at Vietnams VinFuture Award Week - Yahoo Finance - January 16th, 2022
- Alibaba ponders its crystal ball to spy coming advances in AI and silicon photonics - The Register - January 16th, 2022
- How A.I. is set to evolve in 2022 - CNBC - January 10th, 2022
- This AI Software Nearly Predicted Omicrons Tricky Structure - WIRED - January 10th, 2022
- Are we witnessing the dawn of post-theory science? - The Guardian - January 10th, 2022
- QAD Partners with MothersonSumi INfotech & Designs Limited (MIND) to Sell and Deliver Services - Business Wire - January 10th, 2022
- The Enformer vs the Basenji - The AI Algorithms for gene expression predictions - Analytics India Magazine - January 10th, 2022
- Gal Gadot officially regrets the cursed Imagine video - i-D - January 10th, 2022
- LaChanze on Alice Childresss "Trouble in Mind" - The New York Times - January 10th, 2022
- I testified to help the prosecution send Louise Woodward to jail for murder but I changed my mind, says... - The Sun - January 10th, 2022
- Live Whole Health #105: Paced breathing - VAntage Point - VAntage Point Blog - January 10th, 2022
- How to Be a Fox: Secrets from the Baylands - Bay Nature - January 10th, 2022
- Rep. Perlmutter says he won't seek reelection in November | TheHill - The Hill - January 10th, 2022
- The New Houston - Think Realty - January 2nd, 2022
- 2022 Will Be The Most Loving Year In A Decade, Numerology Predicts - mindbodygreen.com - January 2nd, 2022
- Tom McCarthy's 'The Making of Incarnation' is a mind-bending international caper - theday.com - January 2nd, 2022
- Mastering mindfulness: Expert tips to attain peace of mind - The New Indian Express - January 2nd, 2022
- The time of year we're reminded to look deeply - Kitsap Sun - January 2nd, 2022
- Brian Cox's mind-blowing explanation of NASA's 'time machine' at depths of universe - Daily Express - January 2nd, 2022
- Our strongest weapon is ourselves, our army, our work and our mind, President Sarkissian says in New Year address Public Radio of Armenia - Public... - January 2nd, 2022
- Kinsler column: This weekend all roads lead to a bottle of Tums - Lancaster Eagle Gazette - January 2nd, 2022
- John Dorfman: Why I own only 2 of the Sacred Seven stocks - TribLIVE - December 29th, 2021
- Voices of 2021: The year that boggled our collective minds - The Times of Israel - December 29th, 2021
- Deep Conditioners You Should Have In Stock For Winter - The List - December 29th, 2021
- Council Post: Reflecting On The Cost Of Our Dream To Build General AI - Analytics India Magazine - December 29th, 2021
- Signs Your Visceral Fat is Making You Sick Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - December 29th, 2021
- 5 Tools to Cope With Anxiety When Therapy Isnt an Option - The Cut - December 29th, 2021
- DeepMind Releases Weather Forecasting AI Deep Generative Models of Rainfall - InfoQ.com - December 22nd, 2021
- 'Deep canvassing' has helped support gay and trans rights. What about abortion? : Shots - Health News - NPR - December 22nd, 2021
- Video: Dive Into 'The Deep' with Mark Matthews & His Custom Painted Shark Bike - Pinkbike.com - December 22nd, 2021
- At six, I realised the truth about Santa. How deep did the lies go? - The Guardian - December 22nd, 2021
- 2021 was the year of monster AI models - MIT Technology Review - December 22nd, 2021
- 2022 technology trend review, part two: AI and graphs - ZDNet - December 22nd, 2021
- Good Morning, Illini Nation: Deep dive on the AP Top 25 - Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette - December 22nd, 2021
- Deep Learning Market Growth, Size, Competitive Situation 2021, Trend Analysis, Product Scope, Industry, Factors, Share Estimation, Demand and Supply... - December 22nd, 2021
- When thinking of baby Jesus, remember the role Joseph played - Gaston Gazette - December 22nd, 2021
- In search of adventure, I headed to Switzerland to hike a glacier and paraglide never mind my lifelong fear of heights - Toronto Star - December 22nd, 2021
- DeepMind Cracks 'Knot' Conjecture That Bedeviled ... - December 8th, 2021
- Meadows said the 'only thing on my mind' was RBG's vacant seat when she died: book - Business Insider - December 8th, 2021
- DeepMinds AI lights path to faster drug development - December 8th, 2021
- The Best Science and Tech Breakthroughs of 2021 - Nerdist - December 8th, 2021
- Funding news: Cyrus lands $18M and buys startup developing COVID-19 therapeutic; Spare Labs snags $18M for mobility software - GeekWire - December 8th, 2021
- UC Berkeley's Sergey Levine Says Combining Self-Supervised and Offline RL Could Enable Algorithms That Understand the World Through Actions - Synced - December 8th, 2021
- Intel's Lesson for Alphabet The Information - The Information - December 8th, 2021
- Suspicion of the pharma industry runs deep - SWI swissinfo.ch - swissinfo.ch - December 8th, 2021
- Heres Exactly How Deep Breathing Can Improve Digestion, According to an RD - Well+Good - December 8th, 2021
- Greg Tate was the GOAT of Black cultural writing we could all learn from his genius - TheGrio - December 8th, 2021
- DeepMind's AI helps untangle the mathematics of knots - Nature.com - December 3rd, 2021
- AI proves a dab hand at pure mathematics and protein hallucination - TechCrunch - December 3rd, 2021
- Could Google's DeepMind AI Transform Healthcare? - Motley Fool - December 3rd, 2021
- The Science of Mind Reading - The New Yorker - December 3rd, 2021
- Mom blows TikToks mind with her dishwasher cleaning tips: Excuse me, what? - Yahoo Sports - December 3rd, 2021
- Stress affects more than the mind - University Press - December 3rd, 2021
- 5 Of The Best Deep Frying Pans You Need In Your Kitchen Setup - NDTV - December 3rd, 2021
- Volbeat: Servant Of The Mind - Louder - December 3rd, 2021
- 25 Grounding Techniques That Can Help Instantly Ease Anxiety - POPSUGAR - December 3rd, 2021
- Rooted in Country: Mike and the Moonpies on George Strait Deep Cut 'Rhythm of the Road' - Wide Open Country - December 3rd, 2021
- The Beatles meet 'The Lord of the Rings' in 'Get Back': 'It'll blow your mind,' says director Peter Jackson - theday.com - December 3rd, 2021
- Nunez finds her match with affirmation candles - The Kaplan Herald - December 3rd, 2021
- The big idea: Should we worry about artificial intelligence? - The Guardian - November 29th, 2021
- One of the Worlds Best-Funded Edtech Companies Is Investing In AI Moonshots. Can It Work? - EdSurge - November 29th, 2021
- Lin Wood Goes Off the Deep State Deep End, Accuses Trump Lawyer Sidney Powell and Stop the Steal of Grifting - Yahoo Entertainment - November 29th, 2021
- AI Innovations That Made Headlines In 2021 - Analytics India Magazine - November 29th, 2021
- Its all in the mind: Transforming from cost leaders to thought leaders - Livemint - November 29th, 2021
- This writer couldn't smile due to Bell's palsy. How she found the right therapy and turned inward - KCRW - November 29th, 2021
- Yoga for the mind: 5 poses that can calm the chaos, relieve stress and anxiety, help relax - Times Now - November 29th, 2021
- Her mind is on business - Coeur d'Alene Press - November 29th, 2021
- TikToker Blows Millions Of Minds With Optical Illusions And Tutorial Videos - BroBible - November 29th, 2021
- Passion and break-the-mold spirit on display at The Abbi Agency | NCET Biz Tips - Reno Gazette-Journal - November 29th, 2021
- Home | Petar Velikovi - November 28th, 2021
- The Search for Justification in Clydes and Trouble in Mind - The New Yorker - November 28th, 2021
- Allen Harris | Mind Your Business: Keep your employees through the Great Resignation - Berkshire Eagle - November 28th, 2021
- Kwai, Kuaishou & ETH Zrich Propose PERSIA, a Distributed Training System That Supports Deep Learning-Based Recommenders of up to 100 Trillion... - November 28th, 2021
- Consciousness from Descartes to Ayer: two ideas of the mind and two types of mind - The Irish Times - November 28th, 2021