Yheti transcends bass music bounds with ethereal soundscapes and wobbly bass in his newest albumThe Party Has Changed.
Ohio-native Yhetiis one of the rising stars already making quite an impact on the bass music scene. Gaining support from the likes of Space Jesus and G Jones to name a few, his transcendent soundscapes and unparalleled musical vision have swept listeners away.
Now, Yheti has blessed the psychedelic bass world yet again, with his most recent album The Party Has Changed. This 11 track, 31-minute long work holds an extraordinary range of sounds and auditory spectacles that are sure to leave fans in awe.
With tunes such as Signals from Above and All Over Body Hug, his latest release has already set a new standard of creativity in electronic music. The Party Has Changedbrings a refreshing and unparalleled new take on the future of what bass music could be and we are eager to dive in.
Listen to The Party Has Changedon Spotify below, download or stream the album on your favorite platform and read on for a full review of this wild new release!
The tune immerses the listener in an almost dreamlike state, with only a basic percussion beat to hold onto we journey through the playful world of soundscapes Yheti masterfully creates. By the end of the song, we find ourselves in a deeper, almost tribal-like environment before the song fades away with the sound of birds.
We are reintroduced to that environment at the beginning of A Little Bit Goes A Long Way. The track builds with a playful sample of a complicated flute melody before a bouncy bassline introduces itself. As the bass line progresses, the flute melody evolves as if telling a story and then, as swiftly as this track began, it fades away leading into the next song.
The third track of the album commands your full attention as it effortlessly introduces the perfect balance of wobble and weight. Signals from Above pairs uniquely shrill melodies with deep sinking bass lines that are sure to awe.
The next track titled Weird Trumpet is a playful rework of muted trumpet samples layered over-energetic beats. While its name lends truth to the overall aura of the song, the track itself holds its own persona.
From there Inside a Simulation almost immediately juxtaposes the percussion-heavy nature that the past four songs taunt. The tune is as refreshing as it is immersive, and will draw in listeners with its multifaceted ambiance.
Yheti seems to be playing around with repetitive and minimally syllabic phrases for this new song. Yo challenges the listener to not pay attention to not only the melody or the bass but rather the percussion and simple beat.
All Over Body Hug is an absolute beast of a tune. In a thick, almost viscous-like manner, this uncommonly slow song asks the audience to not only listen, but feel the song. Each hit of the bass creates a level of anticipation that is to be admired.
Up next for its turn on aux is the initially deceptive Text from a Star. As it builds in an almost UK style drum and bass manner, the heavy tune evolves into something much more. As it transitions into an expos of its complicated melody the piece explores the many different ways a song can be expressed.
While the theme of complicated flute melodies and heavy percussion remains strong throughout the work, it is presented in a new light on I Lost You. Yhetis tribal sounds could even be described as World Bass as he leads us through this new atmosphere. Then, almost immediately the flute follows us into the bass-heavy tune Life. Beginning in a deep, almost menacing manner, the track evolves slowly to a lighter more childlike energy before ending.
Finishing off the album is the song Pushing Towards the Light. Clocking in at just a short minute and a half, the track is a perfectly unique way to end off such a widely ranged album. It serves as almost a farewell to the mystical world that Yhetis created in The Party Has Changed.
When all is said and done, Yhetis newest addition to his discography is sure to make waves in the bass music community this upcoming summer. With festival season revving up and fans making new summer playlists, Im confident well be hearing the wild sounds of Tyler Yheti all around.
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | SoundCloud
- Many moods of mind-yoga - Bangalore Mirror - March 29th, 2020
- Life may change for us all: How we respond to the coronavirus crisis will be defining, historians say - USA TODAY - March 29th, 2020
- America's Revolutionary Mind: A Moral History of the American Revolution and the Declaration That Defined It by C. Bradley Thompson - The Objective... - March 29th, 2020
- Deep Learning: What You Need To Know - Forbes - March 27th, 2020
- Deep Cleaners Have Their Day in a Nation Paralyzed by a Pathogen - Scientific American - March 27th, 2020
- 6 Ways To Boost Your Inner Zen Right Now - Thrive Global - March 27th, 2020
- Pro Surfer Gabriel Medina On Being The Brand Partner Of Polo Deep Blue Parfum And Competing In The Olympics - Forbes - March 27th, 2020
- COVID-19 and Firefighter Mental Health | Firehouse - Firehouse.com - March 25th, 2020
- Senior edition: Nourishment in your home - Register-Herald - March 25th, 2020
- Google open-sources framework that reduces AI training costs by up to 80% - VentureBeat - March 25th, 2020
- I Think Sex for Pay Is Wrong. Should I Stay With a Partner Who Disagrees? - The New York Times - March 25th, 2020
- Wild Mind Artisan Ales sued its former brewer. Then things got ugly. - City Pages - March 18th, 2020
- LETTERS: COVID-19 on the mind | Letters - Waco Tribune-Herald - March 18th, 2020
- Council Installed Cameras with Facial Recognition on Football Pitch - Dublin Inquirer - March 18th, 2020
- AI Fights the Pandemic (And How You Can Get Involved) - TDWI - March 18th, 2020
- Gardener Jen Kennedy Plants With Palette and Purpose in Mind - Seven Days - March 18th, 2020
- 54% of the People. 12% of the Plays. Atlanta, Do We Have a Problem? - The New York Times - March 18th, 2020
- A History Book That Isn't: Finding A Way To Teach Racism To A New Generation - OPB News - March 18th, 2020
- Graph theory suggests COVID-19 might be a small world after all - ZDNet - March 18th, 2020
- The U.S. Is In A Bear Market. There Could Be A Recession. But This Is Not 2008. - Forbes - March 16th, 2020
- Planning A Team Retreat? Seven Ways To Make Sure It Actually Sticks - Forbes - March 16th, 2020
- Decoding the Future Trajectory of Healthcare with AI - ReadWrite - March 16th, 2020
- Mind Against return on Afterlife with Walking Away and Bloom - The Groove Cartel - March 15th, 2020
- Gardening: Five things to keep in mind with ground cover plants - Bournemouth Echo - March 15th, 2020
- Fit in my 40s: Mamma mia! Can I really work out by singing Abba? - The Guardian - March 15th, 2020
- How Megan Thee Stallion Turned 'Hot' Into a State of Mind - The New York Times - March 15th, 2020
- What Lies Beneath - Earth Island Journal - March 13th, 2020
- Britain is ahead of many of its competitors in technology startups - The Economist - March 13th, 2020
- The Robots Are Coming - Boston Review - March 13th, 2020
- Top AI Announcements Of The Week: TensorFlow Quantum And More - Analytics India Magazine - March 13th, 2020
- Google is building COVID-19 screening website as Trump declares national emergency - VentureBeat - March 13th, 2020
- The case for an AI that puts nature and ethics first, not humans - The Next Web - March 8th, 2020
- How AI and Neuroscience Can Help Each Other Progress? - Analytics Insight - March 8th, 2020
- Devs Takes Its Time to Blow Your Mind - Vulture - March 8th, 2020
- Salt rooms take advantage of the compound's therapeutic benefits for the mind and body - Las Vegas Sun - March 8th, 2020
- Sundar Pichai details Google, Alphabet response to coronavirus and this unprecedented moment - 9to5Google - March 8th, 2020
- Do Insiders Own Lots Of Shares In Deep Yellow Limited (ASX:DYL)? - Simply Wall St - March 8th, 2020
- The man who refused to freeze to death - BBC News - February 27th, 2020
- Wellness At The Deep End Of The Pool - The Pulse - Chattanooga Pulse - February 27th, 2020
- Why Mindfulness is the Next Frontier in Sports Performance - GQ - February 27th, 2020
- Researchers apply developmental psychology to AI model that predicts object relationships - VentureBeat - February 27th, 2020
- This was meant to be the year the NHS went digital. What happened? - Wired.co.uk - February 27th, 2020
- Tools to help graduate students discover their own answers to academic and career questions (opinion) - Inside Higher Ed - February 27th, 2020
- Unleashing the Power of Three - Thrive Global - February 27th, 2020
- Letter to the Editor: Deep state exists only in Trump's mind - Fairfield Daily Republic - February 24th, 2020
- To Change Voters Sympathies, Its Time to Go Deep - The American Prospect - February 24th, 2020
- Camden takes tech crown as it leads UK for new business creation - City A.M. - February 24th, 2020
- These Fevered Days a fresh exploration of the wild terrain of Emily Dickinsons mind - The Boston Globe - February 24th, 2020
- Hekate's Key Journey And The Keys Of Spiritual Journeying | Hekate's Key - Patheos - February 22nd, 2020
- Google parent Alphabet is pruning its 'other bets' - Engadget - February 22nd, 2020
- Can mysticism solve the mind-body problem? - The Stute - February 22nd, 2020
- Review: 'The Lodge' is a slow-burn attack on the mind (Includes first-hand account) - Digital Journal - February 22nd, 2020
- How quieting the mind can benefit your life - Bangor Daily News - February 22nd, 2020
- Is The Recent Criticism For OpenAI by MIT Technology Review Unfair? - Analytics India Magazine - February 22nd, 2020
- The messy, secretive reality behind OpenAIs bid to save the world - MIT Technology Review - February 22nd, 2020
- The Mind-Altering Power of Deep Animal Connection - Sierra Magazine - February 13th, 2020
- Google Health, the company's newest product area, has ballooned to more than 500 employees - CNBC - February 13th, 2020
- Ryan Evans: Every invention begins with a curious mind - Akron Beacon Journal - February 13th, 2020
- Five Principles of Success - Thrive Global - February 13th, 2020
- 'This Is Us' Season 4: Kate in Abusive Relationship Hannah Zeile - TVLine - February 13th, 2020
- New decade, new you: 10 things you really can set your mind to doing in 2020 and beyond - Omaha World-Herald - February 11th, 2020
- DeepMind trains robots to insert USB keys and stack colored blocks - VentureBeat - February 11th, 2020
- Alabama man's Habitual Felony Offender Act sentence caused 'deep pain' for his sister, the last surviving member of their family - Southern Poverty... - February 11th, 2020
- Dan McCaslin: Post-Stroke Hiking and the Skylike Mind - Noozhawk - February 11th, 2020
- Slippery fish: How to remember your dreams - Thrive Global - February 11th, 2020
- Google's DeepMind AI trained by group of researchers to detect Breast Cancer - Brinkwire - February 11th, 2020
- How To Stay Motivated When Starting a Business - Thrive Global - February 11th, 2020
- New Poll Shows Deep Red Kansas Slipping Away From Trump And Republicans In 2020 - PoliticusUSA - February 11th, 2020
- Sundance 2020: Into the Deep Review: A frightening look inside the mind of a madman - AIPT - February 8th, 2020
- Bundle up, breathe deep and enjoy the fitness, emotional benefits of winter activities - Kokomo Perspective - February 8th, 2020
- How three minds of the body Brain, heart and gut, work together for producing Happiness - Thrive Global - February 8th, 2020
- Do this 1 thing before bed for greater happiness and success - Ladders - February 8th, 2020
- River guides don't mind the rain - The Baxter Bulletin - February 8th, 2020
- What Made Virginia Change Its Mind on Guns? - The New York Times - January 30th, 2020
- How to talk someone out of bigotry with deep canvassing - Vox.com - January 30th, 2020
- Advancing AI Through Collaborative Sprints at VA - GovernmentCIO Media - January 30th, 2020
- The connection between Penn wrestling and engineering is one that runs decades deep - The Daily Pennsylvanian - January 30th, 2020
- iPhone Sales and Wearables Help Crush Apple Earnings - Nasdaq - January 30th, 2020
- This AI startup went viral after fooling airport facial recognition with printed masks. Here's the pitch deck it used to raise $73 million from... - January 30th, 2020
- Health Beat: Promoting vitality connects the mind and body - Missoula Current - January 29th, 2020