What we love about restaurants is evolving these days, and one new important aspect is how well the food travels.
For that well-accomplished task alone, you should add Brick and Bones in Deep Ellum to your list of places to get takeout.
First note: It has the city's amended emergency regulations posted, and not just one page, but the whole thing. (Businesses are supposed to do this, but not all are, it seems.) Around it, it has an abbreviated version of its menu on offer during this season of COVID-19.
The menu has chicken and four side options, which really is enough especially when those sides are so good.
Chicken strips are made with chicken breast and get a buttermilk bath and battered before deep frying. That cup on the side is a guajillo ranch.
And for that food, Brick and Bones uses good packaging, the kind you can wash and reuse. Of course, I'm not bitching about the Styrofoam other places are using, considering the circumstances, but the fact that this spot is using more sustainable materials is delightful.
You also feel intention with the food in that packaging: Each serving is well-plated in the container. The staff could've thrown it in there the food tastes good enough to make you not care but they still care about how you first experience it visually.
As part of my habits to keep things safe, after sanitizing the exterior of containers, I also put the food in dishes from home rather than eat out of them. My apologies for missing the beauty that the green beans were before I slopped them into a bowl.
Brick and Bones is a favorite for many people who live in or frequent Deep Ellum, and there's good reason. The chicken won't blow your mind, but it will hit the spot.
A six-piece serving of Brick and Bones chicken
As of now, only the fried chicken is available (theres usually naked, hot, sexy, etc., versions), in three pieces ($9), six pieces ($17) and 10 pieces ($26). The meat's brined for 24 hours, battered and deep fried. They're served with radish, cilantro and lime.
I get excited anytime I see radish; the lime adds acidity to the batter, making this a unique flavor you don't normally get with fried chicken, and we're all for that.
As for the sides, what's currently on the menu are poblano-mashed potatoes ($6), habanero-bacon mac ($7), Mexican corn ($5) and green beans ($6).
This mac and cheese was beautiful when I opened the container. It tasted even better than it looks, too.
I'm trying to watch carbs, because Im eating more restaurant food than usual, but I couldn't stop eating the macaroni and cheese. I even had to do that thing where I move the dish across the table so I wouldn't keep taking bites of this super creamy mac. It goes easy on the habanero if you don't do spice, skip these if you're OK with a bit, a nice hit of spice follows on the back end of these.
We appreciate you, too, Brick and Bones.
The beans are well-prepared, something that seems to be hard to accomplish at some places. The Mexican corn is just fine; the consumption of carbs is better spent on that mac, though.
I'll keep varying the takeout orders, but it's going to be hard to not return to this one soon.
Brick and Bones, 2713 Elm St. (Deep Ellum). Call 469-914-6776 to order. Currently open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Go here to read the rest:
Good to Go: Brick and Bones in Deep Ellum - Dallas Observer
- Coping with COVID: These stunning Instagram artworks dive deep into the mind - Cond Nast Traveller India - July 8th, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Global Mindfulness Meditation Apps Market is Expected to Grow at a Healthy CAGR with top players Deep Relax, Smiling Mind, Inner... - July 8th, 2020
- Pralaya Yoga's Adult Nap Time Could Be the Lullaby You're Needing in 2020 - Houstonia Magazine - July 8th, 2020
- Mindfulness Meditation Apps Market (impact of COVID-19) To See Massive Growth By 2026| Committee for Children, Insights Network, Inc., Smiling Mind,... - July 8th, 2020
- 'McMindfulness,' and why deep breathing isn't always the answer - Dailyuw - July 8th, 2020
- Deep cultural shifts required: open letter from 500 legal women calls for reform of way judges are appointed and disciplined - Women's Agenda - July 8th, 2020
- Mental Health and Coping Tips - Wexner Medical Center - The Ohio State University - July 8th, 2020
- Yes, Mr Cummings, energy efficiency is boring if you have a one inch deep mind - The Fifth Estate - July 7th, 2020
- Breaking News - Documentary "Stockton on My Mind" Debuts July 28 on HBO - The Futon Critic - July 7th, 2020
- The Importance and the Consequences of Writing a Will - The Wire - July 7th, 2020
- Deep cultural shifts required: open letter from 500 legal women calls for reform of way judges are appointed and disciplined - UNSW Newsroom - July 7th, 2020
- Married to the Military: Dont neglect your mental health - The Fayetteville Observer - July 7th, 2020
- Suddenly, The Investment Market Comes Out Of The Deep Freeze - Bisnow - July 7th, 2020
- In Conversation: Thandie Newton - Vulture - July 7th, 2020
- Backstory: Emergency by Any Other Name Cuts as Deep - The Wire - July 4th, 2020
- FAMILY MATTERS: Open eyes and mind to teen's ascent to adulthood - Eagle-Tribune - July 4th, 2020
- Experts see 'deep trouble' for Trump overcoming plummet in the polls - Missoula Current - July 4th, 2020
- Love that stifles... - Deccan Herald - July 4th, 2020
- The long road back from COVID-19 - The Boston Globe - July 4th, 2020
- The Ripple: Healing Divisive Minds and Grieving Hearts - Aledo Times Record - July 2nd, 2020
- Deep sea coral garden found in the unlikeliest of places - Metro.co.uk - July 2nd, 2020
- Georgia on my mind - The Parliament Magazine - July 2nd, 2020
- COVID-19 and Teletherapy May Be Changing How Much You Know About Your Therapist - Michigan Medicine - July 2nd, 2020
- A conversation about racism opened my eyes The Foothills Focus - Foothills Focus - July 2nd, 2020
- Eric and Wendy Schmidt back Cambridge University effort to equip researchers with A.I. skills - CNBC - June 29th, 2020
- Change Our Mind: it is your civic duty to buy performance estates - Top Gear - June 29th, 2020
- Research: Artificial neural networks are more similar to the brain than we thought - TNW - June 29th, 2020
- Moving forward by turning to the past: Oregon Historical Quarterly takes a deep dive into Oregons white supremacist roots - KGW.com - June 29th, 2020
- Trump's scorched-earth handling of environment extends to oceans too - Las Vegas Sun - June 29th, 2020
- Is that really everything you have to give? | Yon - Tallahassee Democrat - June 29th, 2020
- Why Facebook chose to open its first European A.I. lab in Paris and not London - CNBC - June 23rd, 2020
- Decoding the link between Artificial Neural Networks and Deep Learning Algorithms - Analytics Insight - June 23rd, 2020
- Deftones' 'White Pony': 10 Things We Learned From Chino Moreno - Revolver Magazine - June 23rd, 2020
- Stranger Things: David Harbour compares Hopper to Gandalf the White - lcbcradio.com - June 23rd, 2020
- #9 Ways How Meditation Can Strengthen Our Mind, Body, and Soul - Entrepreneur - June 23rd, 2020
- Which Type of Yoga Should You Try? - United News of Bangladesh - June 23rd, 2020
- If You Want to Change, Start from the Ground Up - SFGate - June 23rd, 2020
- The Ripple: Equality and Balance is an Inside Job - Newton Press Mentor - June 20th, 2020
- Matters of the mind: Impact of lockdown and Covid-19 on marriages - The Indian Express - June 20th, 2020
- Something to Muench on: In a word, priceless! - The Cross Timbers Gazette - June 20th, 2020
- What came to mind when I acted dead - Daily Trust - June 20th, 2020
- The race to develop AI chips heats up as Graphcore says it's shipped 'tens of thousands' - CNBC - June 9th, 2020
- Stay Home, Watch Horror: 5 Deep Space Horror Movies to Stream This Week - Bloody Disgusting - June 9th, 2020
- COVID-19 Pandemic Spurs Strong Demand for Cloud AI in Warehousing, Healthcare and Conversational AI - Olean Times Herald - June 9th, 2020
- Thanks To Renewables And Machine Learning, Google Now Forecasts The Wind - Forbes - June 2nd, 2020
- New York's state of mind: Part II -- Former TH reporter shares account of COVID-19 in Big Apple - telegraphherald.com - June 2nd, 2020
- Dalai Lama and UW expert share message of hope, determination, and education of the mind - University of Wisconsin-Madison - June 2nd, 2020
- The top ten Scottish bands ever (from the mind of Alan Partridge) Aidan Smith - The Scotsman - June 2nd, 2020
- 5 natural ways to boost your mental health during stressful times - wreg.com - June 2nd, 2020
- DeepMind's AI Can Predict the Progression of AMD Eye Condition - Analytics Insight - May 25th, 2020
- New AI from DeepMind and Google can detect a common cause of blindness - The Next Web - May 25th, 2020
- Best Deep Sleep Music To Calm Your Mind at Night - SheKnows - May 25th, 2020
- Crash mastered and all-time high in mind - Tradimo - May 25th, 2020
- 'This is my deep breath': New Jersey pro surfer returns to the water in Ventnor for the first time since coronavirus closed the beach - Press of... - May 25th, 2020
- Google wants to give 'superpowers' to clinicians. Today it's helping them find hotel rooms - FierceHealthcare - May 25th, 2020
- This free AI chatbot helps businesses fight COVID-19 misinformation - The Next Web - May 25th, 2020
- Orange Grove resident helps to heal your mind through sound - Rosebank Killarney Gazette - May 25th, 2020
- AI collaboration develops an 'early warning system' for AMD - AOP - May 25th, 2020
- Mind-Blowing Deep Cosmos Discovery: The Oldest Disk Galaxy From The Earliest Days Of The Universe - Dual Dove - May 25th, 2020
- Facebook's head of AI says Elon Musk 'has no idea what he is talking about' - Business Insider India - May 15th, 2020
- Elon Musk has a complex relationship with the A.I. community - CNBC - May 15th, 2020
- Mind the Digital Gap - World Coal - May 15th, 2020
- New "Mind the Gap" resource from IADSA focuses on threat to eye health from blue light - Nutritional Outlook - May 15th, 2020
- Lockdown really frees the mind to delve deep into thoughts of future - The National - May 15th, 2020
- 'Spring Rain' Is a Superb Graphic Memoir of the Vagaries of Mind and Memory - PopMatters - May 15th, 2020
- Henry Ford III is rising to top of dynasty in deep trouble - San Antonio Express-News - May 15th, 2020
- 6 Nutrition Tips to Help You Sleep Better and Run Faster - runnersworld.com - May 15th, 2020
- Plan2Explore adapts to exploration tasks without fine-tuning - VentureBeat - May 15th, 2020
- The Well Gardened Mind by Sue Stuart-Smith review unwinding with nature - The Guardian - May 6th, 2020
- Can the Modern Mind Find Peace Without Delusion? - On the elusiveness of gratitude and confidence in our times - Chabad.org - May 6th, 2020
- World Asthma Day 2020: Things asthma patients must keep in mind - The Indian Express - May 6th, 2020
- Deep-rooted canola holds on in the dry - Farm Weekly - May 6th, 2020
- Exploring the life and legacy of Selena, 25 years later - KHOU.com - May 6th, 2020
- Machine Learning Artificial intelligence Market 2020, Thrives the Growth at Impressive CAGR Over Forecast Period 2027 COVID-19 Impact on Global... - May 2nd, 2020
- Googles AI can adjust voice emotion, pitch, and speed with 30 minutes of data - VentureBeat - May 2nd, 2020
- The Original Pawleys Island Introduces the Comfort Collection Deep Seating Swing just in time for Mother's Day - PRNewswire - April 22nd, 2020
- 'Take Deep Breaths, Make Your Bed' Therapists Offer Tips for Maintaining Mental Health During the Coronavirus - Evanston RoundTable - April 22nd, 2020
- Putting AI to work against COVID-19 - PHG Foundation - April 22nd, 2020
- ''Like Free-Riding In Deep Snow - Inside The Mind Of A Red Bull Wingsuit Flyer - The Sportsman - April 12th, 2020
- How to meditate if you have never tried before - WHAS11.com - April 12th, 2020