Alongside deeper cognitive work, we need a few to-dos as a routine, a checklist, more rigour and more investment to help prevent further deterioration or progression of melancholia, anxiety, grief, frustration and most importantly support remission. Following is a list that can be printed and used as a reminder in times such as these to help us cope when we all understand that self-work and health are important but often find ourselves on the slippery slope of stress and sickness. A handy few tools to help us hold on, find and build on strengths and keep well.
Body (Behavioural)*Practice meditation. Choose a focal point (visual imagery, sounds, tactile) and sustain the silence.
*Breathwork. Find a simple sustainable breathing practice that resonates. A simple energy and mood lifter is: inhale deeply through the nose for four counts, exhale through the mouth for six counts.
*Yoga, exercise, walk, treadmill, cross trainer, spot jog, whatever gets you sweating.
*Have a disciplined routine and productive clear goals for the day.
Mind (Cognitive)*Focus on the present. If your mind wanders into future worries or past regrets, it is okay, bring it back to the present moment. Recognise the present and orient yourself in the moment. Practice being in the now.
*Accept the agitation, worry, angst, discomfort as normal and do not judge yourself for experiencing these. The experience and its manifestations become negative or intolerable because we label them so. We must allow such experiences to unfold as they do, without labels on them or ourselves for having to go through it or not being able to prevent it; it is not the experience that is negative, it is our self-talk that is.
*Accept a lack of control as part of a good, healthy happy life and not as an uncertain, scary or out-of-control life. A high need for control is often the cause of significant emotional pain. Being aware and accepting of life having an element of the unknown, enriches us with a growth mindset, spontaneity, curiosity and resilience.
*Allow the difficult emotion to tell you something about yourself. Our emotions are a result of our self-dialogue. The inner voice we each havethat is the source of meanings, perceptions and significance of stimuli for us. Becoming aware of this self-talk can help us become self-aware, how we think, the meanings we are choosing of events, the perceptions we make of people. Self-awareness is the place where we can all take notes for growth, rationality and improvement.
Soul (Spiritual)* The soul is hungry for learning and growth. These lessons have to be seeded out. Look at distress, challenges and pain as trying to give you a message, trying to teach you something that you would learn only this way.
*Be gentle and loving towards yourself. While busy with a thousand things in a day, one forgets to be compassionate to the core of ones own being, the self. Our demands and expectations take us down a road, away from awakening to our reality, authenticity, who we are. Reminding ourselves of tenderness towards the self is a crucial daily spiritual goal.
*Forgiveness is a remarkable virtuefor the self, for all the mistakes we make, for all the times we fall. Why I do not insist on forgiving others is because I do not believe I am in any such grand position to do so. I am no one to approve, disapprove, begrudge or forgive anyone.
*To practice oneness with all. Being one with ourselves first, then others we see, those we do not see or hear and further with the community and the world has a profound impact on our mind and health. Absorbing the enormity of our existence but also our mere atomic significance, our collective compounded strength and yet the humility to know our minuscule impact, to love others and add value to others as a service for ourselves are just some deep and meaningful nourishers for the soul.
*A daily gratitude practice keeps us aware of all the good things in our life. This can be practiced anywhere, anytime, verbally, mentally or by writing in a journal.
For more lifestyle news, follow us: Twitter:lifestyle_ie|Facebook:IE Lifestyle| Instagram:ie_lifestyle
- The Best Social Media Reactions and Memes at the 2021 Met Gala - Yahoo Lifestyle - September 15th, 2021
- Researchers lay the groundwork for an AI hive mind - The Next Web - September 15th, 2021
- Infinite Memory Transformer: Attending to Arbitrarily Long Contexts Without Increasing Computation Burden - Synced - September 15th, 2021
- It takes a village: how Asics got a small town to lace up and raise money for Mind UK - The Drum - September 15th, 2021
- EY study deep dives into financial protection gap - Insurance Business - September 15th, 2021
- Peptone: Putting molecular physics at the heart of UK's next billion-pound pharma company - Yahoo Money - September 15th, 2021
- Vigil episode four recap Silva and the crew are in deep water - The Guardian - September 13th, 2021
- How to cultivate a 'big mind' to deal with everyday stresses | HeraldNet.com - The Daily Herald - September 13th, 2021
- THE BOOK NOOK: Deep behind the scenes of 9/11 - Niagara Gazette - September 13th, 2021
- How 7 years of dirt is deep cleaned from mattresses - Insider - September 13th, 2021
- A therapy called rhythm that creates impact on the body and the mind - Onmanorama - September 13th, 2021
- Bidens abortion clash with the Catholic Church - POLITICO - September 13th, 2021
- God's mysterious riches, wisdom, and knowledge - Leawood - Church of the Resurrection - September 13th, 2021
- Google pulls the plug on DeepMind-developed health app Streams - Business Insider - September 1st, 2021
- Where the mind is without fear - The Times of India Blog - September 1st, 2021
- Global Cognitive Computing in Retail Market, By Component, By Technology, By Deployment, By Application, By Region, Competition Forecast &... - September 1st, 2021
- U.S. households and small businesses have stockpiled a mind-blowing record cash pile of almost $17 trillion - MarketWatch - August 26th, 2021
- What would it be like to be a conscious AI? We might never know. - MIT Technology Review - August 26th, 2021
- Google Health Disbanded; Staff Sent To Other Divisions - Silicon UK - August 26th, 2021
- Zen and the art of fly-fishing in Sweden a photo essay - The Guardian - August 26th, 2021
- 7 Ways to Stop Racing Thoughts at Night and Get to Sleep - Livestrong - August 26th, 2021
- Possumhaw: Out of sight, out of mind - The Dispatch - The Commercial Dispatch - August 24th, 2021
- UK aims to boost solar by predicting cloud movements with A.I. - CNBC - August 24th, 2021
- This Special Nature Writing Ritual Will Connect You To Your Divine Feminine - mindbodygreen.com - August 24th, 2021
- Shipwrecked: A Shocking Tale of Love, Loss, and Survival in the Deep Blue Sea - Boston magazine - August 24th, 2021
- AllDay notes after deeper reading of the prospectus - Philstar.com - August 24th, 2021
- UCSD & Microsoft Improve Image Recognition With Extremely Low FLOPs - Synced - August 24th, 2021
- Are These the Hidden Deepfakes in the Anthony Bourdain Movie? - WIRED - August 24th, 2021
- Scientists report new findings on the role that fish play in balancing coral, algae on reefs - ASU Now - August 24th, 2021
- Accurate prediction of protein structures and interactions using a three-track neural network - Science Magazine - August 22nd, 2021
- The Wonders That Live at the Very Bottom of the Sea - The New York Times - August 22nd, 2021
- Tamo J is 'digging up deep-rooted issues' in therapy - Jamaica Gleaner - August 22nd, 2021
- How to use 'progressive muscle relaxation' to calms stress and ease anxiety - GLAMOUR UK - August 22nd, 2021
- Review: 'Sister Sorry' plunges deep into a shadowy abyss of the psyche. But are its characters worth caring about? - Berkshire Eagle - August 22nd, 2021
- Always on your mind - The New Indian Express - August 22nd, 2021
- This Former Pastor Is Changing Evangelicals' Minds on COVID Vaccines Mother Jones - Mother Jones - August 22nd, 2021
- How DeepMind's John Jumper unlocked the 3D secret to proteins - Fast Company - August 14th, 2021
- How to avoid falling asleep during meditation - The Indian Express - August 14th, 2021
- A New Review of Dozens of Studies Found These Are the 8 Most Effective Ways to Stop Worrying and Calm Your Mind - Inc. - August 14th, 2021
- Four Policies that Government Can Pursue to Advance Trustworthy AI - uschamber.com - August 14th, 2021
- England vs India 2nd Test, Day 3 as it happened: Roots marathon ton guides hosts to 27-run lead - Scroll.in - August 14th, 2021
- Deshbhakti Curriculum to be implemented in Delhi Govt schools. Here is what it will cover - Mint - August 14th, 2021
- Trouble at Google's DeepMind and tech workers not going back to the office - Business Insider - August 8th, 2021
- Embodied AI, superintelligence and the master algorithm - TechCrunch - August 8th, 2021
- Alserkal is serving up isolation tanks and other mind altering activities this month - Time Out Dubai - August 8th, 2021
- Tshola had a generous heart and mind - IOL - August 8th, 2021
- Keeping the faith: Remembering gratitude can help us extend love to others, transform world - The Columbus Dispatch - August 8th, 2021
- AI use cases are expanding and evolving in healthcare - Tech Wire Asia - August 1st, 2021
- DeepMind releases massive database of 3D protein structures - STAT - STAT - July 25th, 2021
- DeepMinds AI uncovers structure of 98.5 per cent of human proteins - News Nation USA - July 25th, 2021
- Good Morning, News: $600000 Settlement for 2017 PPB Killing, Deep Pockets Try Influencing MultCo DA, and Everything is GREAT at the Olympics! - The... - July 25th, 2021
- DeepMind open-sources AlphaFold 2 for protein structure predictions - VentureBeat - July 21st, 2021
- DeepMind's AlphaFold 2 reveal: Convolutions are out, attention is in - ZDNet - July 21st, 2021
- AI in Healthcare Market Growing Trade Among Emerging Economies Opening New Opportunities (2021-2031) | Nuance Communications, Inc., DeepMind... - July 21st, 2021
- Self-driving data centres: Managing the transition from human-to-AI workload management - IT Brief Australia - July 21st, 2021
- The scene is set | Royal St George's | The 149th Open - The Open - July 14th, 2021
- Tech Companies Leading the Cognitive Computing Race in 2021 - Analytics Insight - July 14th, 2021
- Science fiction: From hero's tales to deep thoughts - The Daily Advance - July 14th, 2021
- ADOT urges drivers to be prepared for monsoon weather dangers | Arizona Emergency information Network - az.gov - July 14th, 2021
- Taking the long view, taking control - Cape Cod Times - July 14th, 2021
- The ultimate reading list if you love to delve into the mind - Livemint - July 14th, 2021
- Midland Theatre executive director Anderson to retire Sept. 1 - The Newark Advocate - July 14th, 2021
- The Future of Deep Learning | - Analytics Insight - July 10th, 2021
- The movie you should watch this weekend: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, the heart wants what it wants - The Indian Express - July 10th, 2021
- From the Extension: Keep health and safety in mind when firing up the grill - Daily Commercial - July 10th, 2021
- Follow your fever dreams with Nashville Hot Hot Dogs - The Takeout - July 10th, 2021
- Former Bureaucrats, Civil Society Express Deep Anguish On Violations and Breakdown of Governance in UP - The Citizen - July 10th, 2021
- The 36 questions that lead to love (but with your co-founder) - TechCrunch - July 10th, 2021
- Googles Supermodel: DeepMind Perceiver is a step on the road to an AI machine that could process anything... - ZDNet - July 8th, 2021
- At the ICA Watershed, artist Firelei Bez draws history from the deep - The Boston Globe - July 8th, 2021
- The Streaming Age Has Turned Poland Into a Deep-Pocketed Production Paradise - Hollywood Reporter - July 8th, 2021
- What Toxic Positivity Actually Is (& Why You Should Avoid It) - mindbodygreen.com - July 8th, 2021
- UCF Lake Nona Scientific Heart Is The First Sanatorium In Central Florida To Be offering Incisionless Mind Surgical treatment As An Complex Remedy For... - July 8th, 2021
- Young Cho's goals are even bigger than deep space; His team is working on astronaut nutrition that translates to earth - Westside Seattle - July 8th, 2021
- Two books to make you think differently about the ocean and the beach - Christian Science Monitor - July 8th, 2021
- Jimmy McGovern: Even the psychopaths are a deep, horrible part of me - Sydney Morning Herald - July 8th, 2021
- 'I took a deep breath and got on with it' - Jorginho on his ice-cold winning penalty and Italy's belief | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club -... - July 8th, 2021
- Tour de France: Geraint Thomas to ride on through pain with Olympics in mind - The Guardian - July 8th, 2021
- Poetry Amid Parkinsons - The Wall Street Journal - July 8th, 2021
- Quinlan-Hammond Hall of Honor Taking Shape on USM Campus - Southern Miss Now - July 8th, 2021