Article by Infosys Australia and New Zealand vice president and regional head delivery & operations, Ashok Mysore.
Organisations have naturally accelerated their digital agendas as employees were forced to work remotely amid the pandemic.
Meanwhile the nature of work has continued to evolve, with data centre workloads having grown exponentially.
While data centre managers have always used conventional tools to react to shifts in workloads, they've never been able to forecast for change. This issue has come to the fore over the past 18 months as workload distribution has been increasingly subject to sudden change.
As a result, AI and automation have become powerful tools in workload management and an essential part of every CIO's strategy. Autonomous technologies help manage workloads within an enterprise's infrastructure in real-time by better identifying workload patterns, matching demands with data centre capacity, spotting anomalies, and predicting breakdowns and outages much earlier.
The ability to mitigate downtime and keep workload clusters up and running is crucial to maintaining efficient workload operations into the future. For example, Googles DeepMind AI system helped the company achieve a 15% reduction in energy consumption at some data centres, by using algorithms that manipulate computer servers and equipment such as cooling systems.
Infosys applied AI offers enterprises an integrated way to scale and future-proof their business by converging the powers of AI, analytics and cloud to deliver new business solutions.
Beyond improving overall operational efficiency, these technologies can help free the workforce from mundane tasks and create more time for creative thinking and tackling broader business issues.
How easily can your enterprise embrace AI-drive workload management?
It wont be long before all data centre managers are faced with the choice to embrace AI-driven reinvention for revenue growth. But how an organisation handles the transition from human-to-AI workload management depends on its technological maturity, scale of operations and its data centre's dynamism.
The Infosys Cloud Radar Report shows Australian enterprises have led the way in digital and cloud technology investment, but this is predicted to fall over the next few years.
Additionally, theFuture of Work study shows that approximately a third of global CEOs are concerned about the availability of critical skills amid the trend towards remote work. It also predicts that the nature of jobs themselves will change, requiring new skills and methods of attaining them
Where there are concerns about limited tech workplace talent, like in Australia, accelerating AI adoption and optimising workload management in data centres can contribute to more meaningful work.
Before leaders get comfortable handing essential business responsibilities to a piece of software, significant barriers need to be overcome to building robust and responsible AI-managed workload systems. For example, predictions made by the AI-powered workload management tool and its overall intent must be fully explainable to an enterprise's IT team, otherwise its scalability will be limited. Additionally, AI models are traditionally built for fixed and predictable environments; hence, testing a workload management model for data drift and bias is crucial to avoid blind spots.
It's encouraging to see more organisations looking for a comprehensive approach to scale enterprise-grade AI for their workload management. AIs powerful automation ability coupled with predictive insights for almost all workload operations, from maintenance and monitoring to data security, makes promise of its potential compelling.
For businesses who choose to scale automation and AI investments, new doors for meaningful work will be opened in the future.
- GitHub - deepmind/deepmind-research: This repository ... - October 22nd, 2021
- Why DeepMind Acquired This Robotics Startup - Analytics India Magazine - October 22nd, 2021
- Deeper Is Not Necessarily Better: Princeton U & Intel's 12-Layer Parallel Networks Achieve Performance Competitive With SOTA Deep Networks -... - October 22nd, 2021
- How AI is reinventing what computers are - MIT Technology Review - October 22nd, 2021
- Incorporating This Into Your Daily Routine Can Bolster Your Brain Health & Mood - mindbodygreen.com - October 22nd, 2021
- The Ideal Color To Surround Yourself With Right Now, According To Astrologers - mindbodygreen.com - October 22nd, 2021
- A.I. Predicts the Shapes of Molecules to Come - The New ... - October 20th, 2021
- These weird virtual creatures evolve their bodies to solve problems - MIT Technology Review - October 20th, 2021
- As Great Resignation Draws On, Smaller Teams and Larger Workloads, Concerns Over Retention Top of Mind for Leaders - Business Wire - October 20th, 2021
- Global Mindfulness Meditation Apps Market 2021 Industry Insights and Major Players are Deep Relax, Smiling Mind, Inner Explorer, Inc. Radford... - October 15th, 2021
- Google Proposes ARDMs: Efficient Autoregressive Models That Learn to Generate in any Order - Synced - October 15th, 2021
- Here's what's big for AI this year, according to the annual State of AI report - Morning Brew - October 15th, 2021
- Google DeepMind AI: Heres how it can bring a revolution in weather forecasting - Yahoo Singapore News - October 12th, 2021
- Now AI Tells You If It Will Pour In The Next Two Hours - Analytics India Magazine - October 12th, 2021
- Global Blockchain Technology in Healthcare Market (2021 to 2026) - Featuring Accenture, Capgemini and DeepMind Health Among Others -... - October 12th, 2021
- 10 Most Popular Google AI Projects that Everyone Should Know - Analytics Insight - October 12th, 2021
- How this company is using data-driven drug discovery to fight disease - The Globe and Mail - October 12th, 2021
- DeepMind tells Google it has no idea how to make AI less toxic - The Next Web - September 23rd, 2021
- There are some important things to keep in mind for first time home buyers - KTBS - September 23rd, 2021
- Easy exploring: The best things to do in Deep Cove | Curated - Daily Hive - September 23rd, 2021
- The Secrets of The Worlds Greatest Freediver - GQ Magazine - September 23rd, 2021
- How to find peace of mind during the COVID-19 pandemic's delta surge | Opinion - Tennessean - September 23rd, 2021
- WONDERFUL THINGS: Perfect peace in a troubled world from Jesus - Destin Log - September 23rd, 2021
- The Best Social Media Reactions and Memes at the 2021 Met Gala - Yahoo Lifestyle - September 15th, 2021
- Researchers lay the groundwork for an AI hive mind - The Next Web - September 15th, 2021
- Infinite Memory Transformer: Attending to Arbitrarily Long Contexts Without Increasing Computation Burden - Synced - September 15th, 2021
- It takes a village: how Asics got a small town to lace up and raise money for Mind UK - The Drum - September 15th, 2021
- EY study deep dives into financial protection gap - Insurance Business - September 15th, 2021
- Peptone: Putting molecular physics at the heart of UK's next billion-pound pharma company - Yahoo Money - September 15th, 2021
- Vigil episode four recap Silva and the crew are in deep water - The Guardian - September 13th, 2021
- How to cultivate a 'big mind' to deal with everyday stresses | HeraldNet.com - The Daily Herald - September 13th, 2021
- THE BOOK NOOK: Deep behind the scenes of 9/11 - Niagara Gazette - September 13th, 2021
- How 7 years of dirt is deep cleaned from mattresses - Insider - September 13th, 2021
- A therapy called rhythm that creates impact on the body and the mind - Onmanorama - September 13th, 2021
- Bidens abortion clash with the Catholic Church - POLITICO - September 13th, 2021
- God's mysterious riches, wisdom, and knowledge - Leawood - Church of the Resurrection - September 13th, 2021
- Google pulls the plug on DeepMind-developed health app Streams - Business Insider - September 1st, 2021
- Where the mind is without fear - The Times of India Blog - September 1st, 2021
- Global Cognitive Computing in Retail Market, By Component, By Technology, By Deployment, By Application, By Region, Competition Forecast &... - September 1st, 2021
- U.S. households and small businesses have stockpiled a mind-blowing record cash pile of almost $17 trillion - MarketWatch - August 26th, 2021
- What would it be like to be a conscious AI? We might never know. - MIT Technology Review - August 26th, 2021
- Google Health Disbanded; Staff Sent To Other Divisions - Silicon UK - August 26th, 2021
- Zen and the art of fly-fishing in Sweden a photo essay - The Guardian - August 26th, 2021
- 7 Ways to Stop Racing Thoughts at Night and Get to Sleep - Livestrong - August 26th, 2021
- Possumhaw: Out of sight, out of mind - The Dispatch - The Commercial Dispatch - August 24th, 2021
- UK aims to boost solar by predicting cloud movements with A.I. - CNBC - August 24th, 2021
- This Special Nature Writing Ritual Will Connect You To Your Divine Feminine - mindbodygreen.com - August 24th, 2021
- Shipwrecked: A Shocking Tale of Love, Loss, and Survival in the Deep Blue Sea - Boston magazine - August 24th, 2021
- AllDay notes after deeper reading of the prospectus - Philstar.com - August 24th, 2021
- UCSD & Microsoft Improve Image Recognition With Extremely Low FLOPs - Synced - August 24th, 2021
- Are These the Hidden Deepfakes in the Anthony Bourdain Movie? - WIRED - August 24th, 2021
- Scientists report new findings on the role that fish play in balancing coral, algae on reefs - ASU Now - August 24th, 2021
- Accurate prediction of protein structures and interactions using a three-track neural network - Science Magazine - August 22nd, 2021
- The Wonders That Live at the Very Bottom of the Sea - The New York Times - August 22nd, 2021
- Tamo J is 'digging up deep-rooted issues' in therapy - Jamaica Gleaner - August 22nd, 2021
- How to use 'progressive muscle relaxation' to calms stress and ease anxiety - GLAMOUR UK - August 22nd, 2021
- Review: 'Sister Sorry' plunges deep into a shadowy abyss of the psyche. But are its characters worth caring about? - Berkshire Eagle - August 22nd, 2021
- Always on your mind - The New Indian Express - August 22nd, 2021
- This Former Pastor Is Changing Evangelicals' Minds on COVID Vaccines Mother Jones - Mother Jones - August 22nd, 2021
- How DeepMind's John Jumper unlocked the 3D secret to proteins - Fast Company - August 14th, 2021
- How to avoid falling asleep during meditation - The Indian Express - August 14th, 2021
- A New Review of Dozens of Studies Found These Are the 8 Most Effective Ways to Stop Worrying and Calm Your Mind - Inc. - August 14th, 2021
- Four Policies that Government Can Pursue to Advance Trustworthy AI - uschamber.com - August 14th, 2021
- England vs India 2nd Test, Day 3 as it happened: Roots marathon ton guides hosts to 27-run lead - Scroll.in - August 14th, 2021
- Deshbhakti Curriculum to be implemented in Delhi Govt schools. Here is what it will cover - Mint - August 14th, 2021
- Trouble at Google's DeepMind and tech workers not going back to the office - Business Insider - August 8th, 2021
- Embodied AI, superintelligence and the master algorithm - TechCrunch - August 8th, 2021
- Alserkal is serving up isolation tanks and other mind altering activities this month - Time Out Dubai - August 8th, 2021
- Tshola had a generous heart and mind - IOL - August 8th, 2021
- Keeping the faith: Remembering gratitude can help us extend love to others, transform world - The Columbus Dispatch - August 8th, 2021
- AI use cases are expanding and evolving in healthcare - Tech Wire Asia - August 1st, 2021
- DeepMind releases massive database of 3D protein structures - STAT - STAT - July 25th, 2021
- DeepMinds AI uncovers structure of 98.5 per cent of human proteins - News Nation USA - July 25th, 2021
- Good Morning, News: $600000 Settlement for 2017 PPB Killing, Deep Pockets Try Influencing MultCo DA, and Everything is GREAT at the Olympics! - The... - July 25th, 2021
- DeepMind open-sources AlphaFold 2 for protein structure predictions - VentureBeat - July 21st, 2021
- DeepMind's AlphaFold 2 reveal: Convolutions are out, attention is in - ZDNet - July 21st, 2021
- AI in Healthcare Market Growing Trade Among Emerging Economies Opening New Opportunities (2021-2031) | Nuance Communications, Inc., DeepMind... - July 21st, 2021
- The scene is set | Royal St George's | The 149th Open - The Open - July 14th, 2021
- Tech Companies Leading the Cognitive Computing Race in 2021 - Analytics Insight - July 14th, 2021
- Science fiction: From hero's tales to deep thoughts - The Daily Advance - July 14th, 2021