The ongoing pandemic is pressing stress and anxiety upon our mind and body. Health-experts are advising people to stay at home to prevent the COVID19 contraction. But many people are facing different physical and psychological issues for staying confined at home for several months. Practicing Yoga can provide mental relaxation and strengthen the immune system. Are you thinking of starting Yoga but confused about which style to start with? Read this article to know about some of the most popular types of yoga and the associated benefits.
If you are looking for a yoga style to increase your patience, try Hatha Yoga. Most hatha postures would allow you to move slowly. Hatha yoga focuses on breathing in order to create a connection between your body and mind. This yoga postures can strengthen your body by enhancing the flexibility of your limbs while minimizing the risk of injury.
Hatha Yoga presents a combination of poses from other forms of Yoga. Practicing these poses regularly, you can learn how to control your mind and stay focused on the moment. In addition to these, hatha yoga practice helps to lower stress and blood pressure, while improving energy-level and quality of sleep.
If you are a beginner who is looking for a Yoga form demanding less hectic activities, start with Yin yoga. This style will teach you slow-paced poses held for a longer period ranging from 45 seconds to two minutes. It also includes seated postures focusing on relaxation of mind, inner peace and spirituality.
While you hold a posture for a longer duration, you are stretching the connective tissues which can enhance their elasticity. Yin Yoga poses can also improve your blood circulation. However, if you have any connective tissue disease, dont try this form. Apply the recommended Props while practicing Yin Yoga.
This yoga form is perfect for those who do stressful jobs. If you are struggling with anxiety, stress, insomnia, or related illnesses, then you should definitely try restorative yoga. Restorative Yoga poses are easier to do and quite relaxing. The purpose of Restorative yoga postures is relaxing your mind and rejuvenating your body.
This yoga form focuses on your parasympathetic nervous system which can help you in achieving the deep relaxation of mind and body. The postures are done using some props like yoga blocks, blankets, and bolsters to prevent the body from excess straining.
Read:How to Handle Your Coronavirus Anxiety during Home Quarantine?
If you are you suffering from joint pains, try Iyengar yoga. This form of yoga is beneficial for those who want to alleviate pains of injuries and joint problems. Iyengar yoga will teach you precise moves and postures focusing on the proper alignment of different parts of your body.
Most of the Iyengar postures are carried out while holding breath. The extent of every pose will increase with your level of capability. Regular practice of Iyengar Yoga can improve the stability, flexibility, mobility, balance, and strength of your body. This yoga style is performed using some props like traps, blocks, and blankets.
This style of Yoga is a gift for those people who are looking for both spiritual and physical workouts. Kundalini yoga is a kind of mysterious yoga practices which focuses on both psychological and bodily improvement. This yoga form will teach you diverse steps some of which are physically demanding while some are mentally challenging.
This style involves a lot of meditation, breathing exercises, and fast moving postures. You will also get interval periods between postures for relaxation. While practicing Kundalini yoga, you will learn how to concentrate your attention to your internal sensations and flow of creative energy.
Ashtanga Yoga is also known as Power Yoga or eight limb path. This yoga form is highly physically demanding. Therefore, it is not recommended for beginners and weak persons. People who are in great physical shape can start the journey of Ashtanga Yoga. Popularized by celebrities worldwide, this yoga form teaches multiple standing and floor postures.
There are six cycle of yoga postures which are done repeatedly in every Ashtanga session. You have to start with the primary Ashtanga series. Getting mastered to the initial series, you can graduate to the next level. It may take years of practice to master the Ashtanga Yoga poses.
Prenatal yoga is a special workout for the pregnant moms in all trimesters. This yoga style works for the pelvic floor muscles and teaches breathing exercises which can ease labor during the delivery. Prenatal yoga can improve sleep, strength, flexibility, and muscle-endurance. It also reduces stress, anxiety, lower back pain, nausea, headaches and shortness of breath.
Prenatal Yoga also encourages the would-be mothers in stretching, mental centering and focused breathing. Research recommends that prenatal yoga is safe and offers diverse benefits for pregnant women and their offspring. Pregnant women can safely practice this Yoga without putting the fetus at risk.
Read:Coronavirus Tips: Free Online Yoga Courses for Stress Relief and Better Immunity
So far we have discussed some of the most popular forms of yoga. There are many other forms of yoga like hot yoga, vinyasa yoga, kripaluyoga, bikram yoga, aerial yoga, jivamukti yoga, etc. Each style of yoga has some unique purposes to bestow special benefits for your mind and body. However, before starting any Yoga posture it is recommended to consult with a doctor, if you have any prior illness.
- Yes, Mr Cummings, energy efficiency is boring if you have a one inch deep mind - The Fifth Estate - July 7th, 2020
- Breaking News - Documentary "Stockton on My Mind" Debuts July 28 on HBO - The Futon Critic - July 7th, 2020
- The Importance and the Consequences of Writing a Will - The Wire - July 7th, 2020
- Deep cultural shifts required: open letter from 500 legal women calls for reform of way judges are appointed and disciplined - UNSW Newsroom - July 7th, 2020
- Married to the Military: Dont neglect your mental health - The Fayetteville Observer - July 7th, 2020
- Suddenly, The Investment Market Comes Out Of The Deep Freeze - Bisnow - July 7th, 2020
- In Conversation: Thandie Newton - Vulture - July 7th, 2020
- Backstory: Emergency by Any Other Name Cuts as Deep - The Wire - July 4th, 2020
- FAMILY MATTERS: Open eyes and mind to teen's ascent to adulthood - Eagle-Tribune - July 4th, 2020
- Experts see 'deep trouble' for Trump overcoming plummet in the polls - Missoula Current - July 4th, 2020
- Love that stifles... - Deccan Herald - July 4th, 2020
- The long road back from COVID-19 - The Boston Globe - July 4th, 2020
- The Ripple: Healing Divisive Minds and Grieving Hearts - Aledo Times Record - July 2nd, 2020
- Deep sea coral garden found in the unlikeliest of places - Metro.co.uk - July 2nd, 2020
- Georgia on my mind - The Parliament Magazine - July 2nd, 2020
- COVID-19 and Teletherapy May Be Changing How Much You Know About Your Therapist - Michigan Medicine - July 2nd, 2020
- A conversation about racism opened my eyes The Foothills Focus - Foothills Focus - July 2nd, 2020
- Eric and Wendy Schmidt back Cambridge University effort to equip researchers with A.I. skills - CNBC - June 29th, 2020
- Change Our Mind: it is your civic duty to buy performance estates - Top Gear - June 29th, 2020
- Research: Artificial neural networks are more similar to the brain than we thought - TNW - June 29th, 2020
- Moving forward by turning to the past: Oregon Historical Quarterly takes a deep dive into Oregons white supremacist roots - KGW.com - June 29th, 2020
- Trump's scorched-earth handling of environment extends to oceans too - Las Vegas Sun - June 29th, 2020
- Is that really everything you have to give? | Yon - Tallahassee Democrat - June 29th, 2020
- Why Facebook chose to open its first European A.I. lab in Paris and not London - CNBC - June 23rd, 2020
- Decoding the link between Artificial Neural Networks and Deep Learning Algorithms - Analytics Insight - June 23rd, 2020
- Deftones' 'White Pony': 10 Things We Learned From Chino Moreno - Revolver Magazine - June 23rd, 2020
- Stranger Things: David Harbour compares Hopper to Gandalf the White - lcbcradio.com - June 23rd, 2020
- #9 Ways How Meditation Can Strengthen Our Mind, Body, and Soul - Entrepreneur - June 23rd, 2020
- If You Want to Change, Start from the Ground Up - SFGate - June 23rd, 2020
- The Ripple: Equality and Balance is an Inside Job - Newton Press Mentor - June 20th, 2020
- Matters of the mind: Impact of lockdown and Covid-19 on marriages - The Indian Express - June 20th, 2020
- Something to Muench on: In a word, priceless! - The Cross Timbers Gazette - June 20th, 2020
- What came to mind when I acted dead - Daily Trust - June 20th, 2020
- The race to develop AI chips heats up as Graphcore says it's shipped 'tens of thousands' - CNBC - June 9th, 2020
- Stay Home, Watch Horror: 5 Deep Space Horror Movies to Stream This Week - Bloody Disgusting - June 9th, 2020
- COVID-19 Pandemic Spurs Strong Demand for Cloud AI in Warehousing, Healthcare and Conversational AI - Olean Times Herald - June 9th, 2020
- Thanks To Renewables And Machine Learning, Google Now Forecasts The Wind - Forbes - June 2nd, 2020
- New York's state of mind: Part II -- Former TH reporter shares account of COVID-19 in Big Apple - telegraphherald.com - June 2nd, 2020
- Dalai Lama and UW expert share message of hope, determination, and education of the mind - University of Wisconsin-Madison - June 2nd, 2020
- The top ten Scottish bands ever (from the mind of Alan Partridge) Aidan Smith - The Scotsman - June 2nd, 2020
- 5 natural ways to boost your mental health during stressful times - wreg.com - June 2nd, 2020
- DeepMind's AI Can Predict the Progression of AMD Eye Condition - Analytics Insight - May 25th, 2020
- New AI from DeepMind and Google can detect a common cause of blindness - The Next Web - May 25th, 2020
- Best Deep Sleep Music To Calm Your Mind at Night - SheKnows - May 25th, 2020
- Crash mastered and all-time high in mind - Tradimo - May 25th, 2020
- 'This is my deep breath': New Jersey pro surfer returns to the water in Ventnor for the first time since coronavirus closed the beach - Press of... - May 25th, 2020
- Google wants to give 'superpowers' to clinicians. Today it's helping them find hotel rooms - FierceHealthcare - May 25th, 2020
- This free AI chatbot helps businesses fight COVID-19 misinformation - The Next Web - May 25th, 2020
- Orange Grove resident helps to heal your mind through sound - Rosebank Killarney Gazette - May 25th, 2020
- AI collaboration develops an 'early warning system' for AMD - AOP - May 25th, 2020
- Mind-Blowing Deep Cosmos Discovery: The Oldest Disk Galaxy From The Earliest Days Of The Universe - Dual Dove - May 25th, 2020
- Facebook's head of AI says Elon Musk 'has no idea what he is talking about' - Business Insider India - May 15th, 2020
- Elon Musk has a complex relationship with the A.I. community - CNBC - May 15th, 2020
- Mind the Digital Gap - World Coal - May 15th, 2020
- New "Mind the Gap" resource from IADSA focuses on threat to eye health from blue light - Nutritional Outlook - May 15th, 2020
- Lockdown really frees the mind to delve deep into thoughts of future - The National - May 15th, 2020
- 'Spring Rain' Is a Superb Graphic Memoir of the Vagaries of Mind and Memory - PopMatters - May 15th, 2020
- Henry Ford III is rising to top of dynasty in deep trouble - San Antonio Express-News - May 15th, 2020
- 6 Nutrition Tips to Help You Sleep Better and Run Faster - runnersworld.com - May 15th, 2020
- Plan2Explore adapts to exploration tasks without fine-tuning - VentureBeat - May 15th, 2020
- The Well Gardened Mind by Sue Stuart-Smith review unwinding with nature - The Guardian - May 6th, 2020
- Can the Modern Mind Find Peace Without Delusion? - On the elusiveness of gratitude and confidence in our times - Chabad.org - May 6th, 2020
- World Asthma Day 2020: Things asthma patients must keep in mind - The Indian Express - May 6th, 2020
- Deep-rooted canola holds on in the dry - Farm Weekly - May 6th, 2020
- Exploring the life and legacy of Selena, 25 years later - KHOU.com - May 6th, 2020
- Machine Learning Artificial intelligence Market 2020, Thrives the Growth at Impressive CAGR Over Forecast Period 2027 COVID-19 Impact on Global... - May 2nd, 2020
- Googles AI can adjust voice emotion, pitch, and speed with 30 minutes of data - VentureBeat - May 2nd, 2020
- The Original Pawleys Island Introduces the Comfort Collection Deep Seating Swing just in time for Mother's Day - PRNewswire - April 22nd, 2020
- 'Take Deep Breaths, Make Your Bed' Therapists Offer Tips for Maintaining Mental Health During the Coronavirus - Evanston RoundTable - April 22nd, 2020
- Putting AI to work against COVID-19 - PHG Foundation - April 22nd, 2020
- ''Like Free-Riding In Deep Snow - Inside The Mind Of A Red Bull Wingsuit Flyer - The Sportsman - April 12th, 2020
- How to meditate if you have never tried before - WHAS11.com - April 12th, 2020
- Apple, Google have teamed up to build system-level COVID-19 contact tracing, interoperable APIs for iOS, Android - MobiHealthNews - April 12th, 2020
- AUDIOBOOKS: Words, books and politics | - theberkshireedge.com - April 12th, 2020
- West Virginia peak now expected today, but Marsh says that doesn't mean back to normal right away - WV MetroNews - West Virginia MetroNews - April 12th, 2020
- DeepMinds AI models transition of glass from a liquid to a solid - VentureBeat - April 9th, 2020
- AI and the coronavirus fight: How artificial intelligence is taking on COVID-19 - ZDNet - April 9th, 2020
- Step away from the news and breathe - Waukon Standard - April 9th, 2020
- Companies are bracing for the toughest phase in business continuity: Karan Bajwa - Livemint - April 9th, 2020
- Applying Artificial Intelligence in the Fight Against The Coronavirus - HIT Consultant - April 1st, 2020