DUBLIN, Jan. 9, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "High Performance Computing (HPC) Market by Component, Infrastructure, Services, Price Band, HPC Applications, Deployment Types, Industry Verticals, and Regions 2020-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report evaluates the HPC market including companies, solutions, use cases, and applications. Analysis includes HPC by organizational size, software and system type, server type, and price band, and industry verticals. The report also assesses the market for integration of various artificial intelligence technologies in HPC. It also evaluates the exascale-level HPC market including analysis by component, hardware type, service type, and industry vertical.
High Performance Computing (HPC) may be provided via a supercomputer or via parallel processing techniques such as leveraging clusters of computers to aggregate computing power. HPC is well-suited for applications that require high performance data computation such as certain financial services, simulations, and various R&D initiatives.
The market is currently dominated on the demand side by large corporations, universities, and government institutions by way of capabilities that are often used to solve very specific problems for large institutions. Examples include financial services organizations, government R&D facilities, universities research, etc.
However, the cloud-computing based as a Service model allows HPC market offerings to be extended via HPC-as-a-Service (HPCaaS) to a much wider range of industry verticals and companies, thereby providing computational services to solve a much broader array of problems. Industry use cases are increasingly emerging that benefit from HPC-level computing, many of which benefit from split processing between localized device/platform and HPCaaS.
In fact, HPCaaS is poised to become much more commonly available, partially due to new on-demand supercomputer service offerings, and in part as a result of emerging AI-based tools for engineers. Accordingly, up to 45% of revenue will be directly attributable to the cloud-based business model via HPCaaS, which makes High-Performance Computing solutions available to a much wider range of industry verticals and companies, thereby providing computational services to solve a much broader array of problems.
In a recent study, we conducted interviews with major players in the market as well as smaller, lesser known companies that are believed to be influential in terms of innovative solutions that are likely to drive adoption and usage of both cluster-based HPC and supercomputing.
In an effort to identify growth opportunities for the HPC market, we investigated market gaps including unserved and underserved markets and submarkets. The research and advisory firm uncovered a market situation in which HPC currently suffers from an accessibility problem as well as inefficiencies and supercomputer skill gaps.
Stated differently, the market for HPC as a Service (e.g. access to high-performance computing services) currently suffers from problems related to the utilization, scheduling, and set-up time to run jobs on a supercomputer. We identified start-ups and small companies working to solve these problems.
One of the challenge areas identified is low utilization but (ironically) also high wait times for most supercomputers. Scheduling can be a challenge in terms of workload time estimation. About 20% of jobs are computationally heavy 30% of jobs cannot be defined very well in terms of how long jobs will take (within 3-minute window at best). In many instances, users request substantive resources and don't actually use computing time.
In addition to the scheduling challenge, we also identified a company focused on solving additional problems such as computational planning and engineering. We spoke with the principal of a little-known company called Microsurgeonbot, Inc. (doing business as MSB.ai), which is developing a tool for setting up computing jobs for supercomputers.
The company is working to solve major obstacles in accessibility and usability for HPC resources. The company focuses on solving a very important problem in HPC: Supercomputer job set-up and skills gap. Their solution known as "Guru" is poised to make supercomputing much more accessible, especially to engineers in small to medium-sized businesses that do not have the same resources or expertise as large corporate entities.
Key Topics Covered
1 Executive Summary1.1 Companies in Report1.2 Target Audience1.3 Methodology
2 Introduction2.1 Next Generation Computing2.2 High Performance Computing2.2.1 HPC Technology188.8.131.52 Supercomputers184.108.40.206 Computer Clustering2.2.2 Exascale Computation220.127.116.11 United States18.104.22.168 China22.214.171.124 Europe126.96.36.199 Japan188.8.131.52 India184.108.40.206 Taiwan2.2.3 High Performance Technical Computing2.2.4 Market Segmentation Considerations220.127.116.11 Government, NGOs, and Universities18.104.22.168 Small Companies and Middle Market2.2.5 Use Cases and Application Areas22.214.171.124 Computer Aided Engineering126.96.36.199 Government188.8.131.52 Financial Services184.108.40.206 Education and Research220.127.116.11 Manufacturing18.104.22.168 Media and Entertainment22.214.171.124 Electronic Design Automation126.96.36.199 Bio-Sciences and Healthcare188.8.131.52 Energy Management and Utilities184.108.40.206 Earth Science2.2.6 Regulatory Framework2.2.7 Value Chain Analysis2.2.8 AI to Drive HPC Performance and Adoption
3 High Performance Computing Market Analysis and Forecast 2020-20253.1 Global High Performance Computing Market 2020-20253.1.1 Total High Performance Computing Market 2020-20253.1.2 High Performance Computing Market by Component 2020-20253.1.2.1 High Performance Computing Market by Hardware and Infrastructure Type 2020-20253.1.2.1.1 High Performance Computing Market by Server Type 2020-20253.1.2.2 High Performance Computing Market by Software and System Type 2020-20253.1.2.3 High Performance Computing Market by Professional Service Type 2020-20253.1.3 High Performance Computing Market by Deployment Type 2020-20253.1.4 High Performance Computing Market by Organization Size 2020-20253.1.5 High Performance Computing Market by Server Price Band 2020-20253.1.6 High Performance Computing Market by Application Type 2020-20253.1.6.1 High Performance Technical Computing Market by Industry Vertical 2020-20253.1.6.2 Critical High Performance Business Computing Market by Industry Vertical 2020-20253.1.1 High Performance Computing Deployment Options: Supercomputer vs. Clustering 2020-20253.1.2 High Performance Computing as a Service (HPCaaS) 2020-20253.1.3 AI Powered High Performance Computing Market220.127.116.11 AI Powered High Performance Computing Market by Component18.104.22.168 AI Powered High Performance Computing Market by AI Technology3.2 Regional High Performance Computing Market 2020-20253.3 Exascale Computing Market 2020-20253.3.1 Exascale Computing Driven HPC Market by Component 2020-20253.3.2 Exascale Computing Driven HPC Market by Hardware Type 2020-20253.3.3 Exascale Computing Driven HPC Market by Service Type 2020-20253.3.4 Exascale Computing Driven HPC Market by Industry Vertical 2020-20253.3.1 Exascale Computing as a Service 2020-2025
4 High Performance Computing Company Analysis4.1 HPC Vendor Ecosystem4.2 Leading HPC Companies4.2.1 Amazon Web Services Inc.4.2.2 Atos SE4.2.3 Adavnced Micro Devices Inc.4.2.4 Cisco Systems4.2.5 DELL Technologies Inc.4.2.6 Fujitsu Ltd.4.2.7 Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)4.2.8 IBM Corporation4.2.9 Intel Corporation4.2.10 Microsoft Corporation4.2.11 NEC Corporation4.2.12 NVIDIA4.2.13 Rackspace Inc.4.1 Companies to Watch4.1.1 Braket Inc.4.1.1 MicroSurgeonBot Inc. (MSB.ai)
5 Conclusions and Recommendations5.1 AI to Support Adoption and Usage of HPC5.2 5G and 6G to Drive Increased Demand for HPC
6 Appendix: Future of Computing6.1 Quantum Computing6.1.1 Quantum Computing Technology6.1.2 Quantum Computing Considerations6.1.3 Market Challenges and Opportunities6.1.4 Recent Developments6.1.5 Quantum Computing Value Chain6.1.6 Quantum Computing Applications6.1.7 Competitive Landscape6.1.8 Government Investment in Quantum Computing6.1.9 Quantum Computing Stakeholders by Country6.1 Other Future Computing Technologies6.1.1 Swarm Computing6.1.2 Neuromorphic Computing6.1.3 Biocomputing6.2 Market Drivers for Future Computing Technologies6.2.1 Efficient Computation and High Speed Storage6.2.2 Government and Private Initiatives6.2.3 Flexible Computing6.2.4 AI-enabled, High Performance Embedded Devices, Chipsets, and ICs6.2.5 Cost Effective Computing powered by Pay-as-you-go Model6.3 Future Computing Market Challenges6.3.1 Data Security Concerns in Virtualized and Distributed Cloud6.3.2 Funding Constrains R&D Activities6.3.3 Lack of Skilled Professionals across the Sector6.3.4 Absence of Uniformity among NGC Branches including Data Format
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xa4mit
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
- Quantum Computing strikes technology partnership with Splunk - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - March 26th, 2020
- Devs: Alex Garland on Tech Company Cults, Quantum Computing, and Determinism - Den of Geek UK - March 26th, 2020
- Is Machine Learning The Quantum Physics Of Computer Science ? - Forbes - March 26th, 2020
- Recent PDF Report : Quantum Computing Market 2020: In-depth Industry Analysis By Size, Share, Competition, Opportunities And Growth By 2029 - Sound On... - March 26th, 2020
- Organisms grow in wave pattern, similar to ocean circulation - Big Think - March 26th, 2020
- Tech incubator Fountech.Ventures launches in US and UK - UKTN - March 26th, 2020
- Why resilience is the key to future security - Raconteur - March 22nd, 2020
- Quantum computing is right around the corner, but cooling is a problem. What are the options? - Diginomica - March 21st, 2020
- Quantum Computing: Will It Actually Produce Jobs? - Dice Insights - March 21st, 2020
- Quantum computing, AI, China, and synthetics highlighted in 2020 Tech Trends report - VentureBeat - March 16th, 2020
- Early investment in quantum computing could result in a competitive advantage - Help Net Security - March 16th, 2020
- Quantum Computing for Everyone - The Startup - Medium - March 16th, 2020
- UC Riverside to lead scalable quantum computing project using 3D printed ion traps - 3D Printing Industry - March 16th, 2020
- Deltec Bank, Bahamas - Quantum Computing Will have Positive Impacts on Portfolio Optimization, Risk Analysis, Asset Pricing, and Trading Strategies -... - March 16th, 2020
- NIST Works on the Industries of the Future in Buildings from the Past - Nextgov - March 16th, 2020
- Archer Materials" patent application received by World Intellectual Property Organisation - Proactive Investors Australia - March 16th, 2020
- Why the Journey to Cloud Must Start With the Workforce - AiThority - March 9th, 2020
- 'Devs': How the FX on Hulu show's tech compares with reality - Los Angeles Times - March 5th, 2020
- Quantum Computing Market: Qualitative Analysis of the Leading Players and Competitive Industry Scenario, 2025 - Express Journal - March 5th, 2020
- Quantum Computing Market 2019 Analysis by Key Players, Share, Trend, Segmentation and Forecast to 2029 - News Times - March 5th, 2020
- Cracking the uncertainty around quantum computing - Information Age - March 4th, 2020
- Surprise contender Honeywell enters the quantum computing race - New Scientist News - March 4th, 2020
- Cambridge Quantum Computing teams up with CERN to advance quantum technologies - IT Brief Australia - March 4th, 2020
- Gilles Brassard honoured by the BBVA Foundation for his work in quantum computing - Quantaneo, the Quantum Computing Source - March 4th, 2020
- The view of quantum threats from the front lines - JAXenter - February 24th, 2020
- U.S. Progress on AI and Quantum Computing Will Best China, Says CTO Michael Kratsios - BroadbandBreakfast.com - February 24th, 2020
- Scientists Have Discovered a Brand New Electronic State of Matter - ScienceAlert - February 24th, 2020
- Where the Buzz About Quantum Computing Is Wrong - Toolbox - February 21st, 2020
- New report: Quantum Computing Market Size position and size report for 2019 to 2023 recently published - Instant Tech News - February 21st, 2020
- Global Deep Learning Chip Market (2019 to 2027) - Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Trends - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - February 21st, 2020
- Quantum Computing Technologies Market: Industry Players Analysis, New Innovation, Growth Prospects, Size, Growth, Revenue, Development Policy,... - February 21st, 2020
- Why Quantum Computing Gets Special Attention In The Trump Administration's Budget Proposal - Texas Standard - February 20th, 2020
- Quantum Internet: The Technology That Could Change Everything? - The National Interest Online - February 20th, 2020
- HPC User Forum to Explore AI-HPDA Use In Banking and Investment Firms - insideHPC - February 20th, 2020
- 29 deeptech VCs in Europe you need to know - Sifted - February 20th, 2020
- Why Quantum Computing Gets Special Attention In The Trump Administration's Budget Proposal - KUT - February 19th, 2020
- The $600 quantum computer that could spell the end for conventional encryption - BetaNews - February 19th, 2020
- Quantum Internet Workshop Begins Mapping the Future of Quantum Communications - Quantaneo, the Quantum Computing Source - February 19th, 2020
- Correcting the jitters in quantum devices - MIT News - February 19th, 2020
- Govt creates tech group to chart the tech landscape for India - Economic Times - February 19th, 2020
- The EU is preparing to invest 2bn in a cloud computing alliance - NS Tech - February 19th, 2020
- Quantum Computing Market Analysis With Key Players, Applications, Trends and Forecast To 2026 - Instant Tech News - February 19th, 2020
- Russian Quantum Center and Nissan have launched a project in the field of quantum chemistry - Quantaneo, the Quantum Computing Source - February 17th, 2020
- QUANTUM COMPUTING TECHNOLOGIES Market: Comprehensive study explores Huge Growth in Future | D-Wave Systems Inc., IBM Corporation, Lockheed Martin... - February 17th, 2020
- Quantum Internet Workshop Begins Mapping the Future of Quantum Communications - HPCwire - February 17th, 2020
- Quantum Computing Market 2020 Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Opportunities, Analysis and Forecast by 2026 - Instant Tech News - February 17th, 2020
- Quantum Computing Market Size Outlook 2026: Prime Firms, Trends, Growth Factors Details by Regions, Sorts and Applications - Instant Tech News - February 17th, 2020
- Nobody is behind in science and technology: Serguie Beloussov - Kuensel, Buhutan's National Newspaper - February 17th, 2020
- China beats US in key patents to secure technological dominance - The News International - February 17th, 2020
- Quantum Computing Market 2019 Analysis by Key Players, Share, Trend, Segmentation and Forecast to 2026 - Instant Tech News - February 15th, 2020
- Chinese researchers smash the record for realising two entangled quantum memories at maximum distance - www.computing.co.uk - February 15th, 2020
- Quantum Computing: How To Invest In It, And Which Companies Are Leading the Way? - Nasdaq - February 14th, 2020
- DOE Workshop Begins Mapping the Future of Quantum Communications - insideHPC - February 14th, 2020
- Scientists discover how to use time crystals to power superconductors - Big Think - February 14th, 2020
- Quantum Computing Market With Four Main Geographies And Their Countries - Instant Tech News - February 14th, 2020
- Russian Quantum Center and Nissan have launched a project in the field of quantum chemistry - Research Snipers - February 14th, 2020
- Global Quantum Computing Market Newest Research Report In PDF With Forecast [2020-2029] : International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation, Google... - February 14th, 2020
- Budget 2020: Govt bets on AI, data analytics and quantum computing - Livemint - February 2nd, 2020
- This Week's Awesome Tech Stories From Around the Web (Through February 1) - Singularity Hub - February 2nd, 2020
- AI has great potential in transforming the world: Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai - YourStory - February 2nd, 2020
- Budget 2020: New scheme to boost local manufacturing of mobiles, will iPhone get cheaper now? - India Today - February 2nd, 2020
- What Is Quantum Computing and How Does it Work? - Built In - January 30th, 2020
- IBM Just Called Out Google Over Their "Quantum Computer" - The National Interest Online - January 30th, 2020
- Quantum Computing releases its new software application called Mukai - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - January 30th, 2020
- Burning Things With Big Lasers In The Name Of Security - Hackaday - January 30th, 2020
- What Is Quantum Computing, And How Can It Unlock Value For Businesses? - Computer Business Review - January 27th, 2020
- The End Of The Digital Revolution Is Coming: Here's What's Next - Innovation Excellence - January 27th, 2020
- Healthcare venture investment in 2020: Quantum computing gets a closer look - Healthcare IT News - January 27th, 2020
- Delta Partners with IBM to Explore Quantum Computing - Database Trends and Applications - January 27th, 2020
- New Centers Lead the Way towards a Quantum Future - Energy.gov - January 27th, 2020
- ASC20 Finals to be Held in Shenzhen, Tasks Include Quantum Computing Simulation and AI Language Exam - HPCwire - January 27th, 2020
- Toshiba says it created an algorithm that beats quantum computers using standard hardware - TechSpot - January 27th, 2020
- Quantum networking projected to be $5.5 billion market in 2025 - TechRepublic - January 27th, 2020
- University of Sheffield launches Quantum centre to develop the technologies of tomorrow - Quantaneo, the Quantum Computing Source - January 27th, 2020
- 5 Emerging Technologies That Will Shape this Decade - San Diego Entertainer Magazine - January 27th, 2020
- Is Quantum Technology The Future Of The World? - The Coin Republic - January 12th, 2020
- Were approaching the limits of computer power we need new programmers now - The Guardian - January 12th, 2020
- Global Quantum Computing Market: What it got next? Find out with the latest research available at PMI - Pro News Time - January 12th, 2020
- Quantum Computing Technologies Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2020-2025, Latest study reveals - ReportsPioneer - January 12th, 2020
- Podcast: The Overhype and Underestimation of Quantum Computing - insideHPC - January 10th, 2020