Artificial intelligence is a branch of computer science that aims to create intelligent machines. It has become an essential part of the technology industry.
Research associated with artificial intelligence is highly technical and specialized. The core problems of artificial intelligence include programming computers for certain traits such as:
Knowledge engineering is a core part of AI research. Machines can often act and react like humans only if they have abundant information relating to the world. Artificial intelligence must have access to objects, categories, properties and relations between all of them to implement knowledge engineering. Initiating common sense, reasoning and problem-solving power in machines is a difficult and tedious task.
Machine learning is also a core part of AI. Learning without any kind of supervision requires an ability to identify patterns in streams of inputs, whereas learning with adequate supervision involves classification and numerical regressions.
Classification determines the category an object belongs to and regression deals with obtaining a set of numerical input or output examples, thereby discovering functions enabling the generation of suitable outputs from respective inputs. Mathematical analysis of machine learning algorithms and their performance is a well-defined branch of theoretical computer science often referred to as computational learning theory.
Machine perception deals with the capability to use sensory inputs to deduce the different aspects of the world, while computer vision is the power to analyze visual inputs with a few sub-problems such as facial, object and gesture recognition.
Robotics is also a major field related to AI. Robots require intelligence to handle tasks such as object manipulation and navigation, along with sub-problems of localization, motion planning and mapping.
]]>[Master Deep Learning and build a career in AI, with this highly sought after course from Coursera.]
Go here to read the rest:
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare: the future is amazing ... - October 15th, 2019
- 10 Best Artificial Intelligence Course & Certification [2019 ... - October 15th, 2019
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) - IMDb - October 5th, 2019
- Artificial Intelligence | GE Research - September 18th, 2019
- Artificial Intelligence & the Pharma Industry: What's Next ... - September 18th, 2019
- What's the Difference Between Robotics and Artificial ... - September 18th, 2019
- The Impact of Artificial Intelligence - Widespread Job Losses - September 18th, 2019
- 9 Powerful Examples of Artificial Intelligence in Use ... - September 18th, 2019
- What is AI (artificial intelligence)? - Definition from ... - September 11th, 2019
- Benefits & Risks of Artificial Intelligence - Future of ... - September 5th, 2019
- Artificial Intelligence What it is and why it matters | SAS - September 5th, 2019
- artificial intelligence | Definition, Examples, and ... - September 5th, 2019
- What is Artificial Intelligence? How Does AI Work? | Built In - September 5th, 2019