For cryptocurrency investors thinking long term, Ankr (CRYPTO:ANKR) may be one of the best crypto plays in the market right now. An emerging force in decentralized finance (DeFi), Ankr has been making some serious gains lately. In fact, ANKR is up about 40% during the past month.
Ankr has a great deal to offer investors. This blockchain network allows cloud-computing providers to offer underutilized resources to users requiring cloud infrastructure.Cloud-computing providers are rewarded in ANKR tokensas compensation.
Additionally, there are other greatbenefits users receive on the Ankr network. Let's dive into why this is a top cryptocurrency on my watch list right now.
Image source: Getty Images.
The cloud-computing world is relatively well-defined, and just a handful of large players dominate the market. With such an oligopolistic structure, pricing power resides mainly with cloud-computing providers. This is great for someone who owns Amazonstock, but not so great for companies or users requiring cloud infrastructure.
Ankr seeks to change all that. This network takes existing underutilized hardware from cloud-computing providers and rents it out. In exchange for ANKR tokens, cloud-computing companies can maximize the use of their computing power. Wastage is a big deal in every sector, and Ankr helps minimize this issue to a great extent.
The idea of maximizing underutilized assets happens to be a very eco-friendly endeavor. Of course, not all blockchains are environmentally progressive. Much has been made about how much energy Bitcoin consumes every year. (Hint: almost as much power as the entire country of Thailand.)
Ankr has found a way to create utility for end users. This blockchain network aims to do so by using what already exists, rather than adding to the energy-consumption problems plaguing this sector.
Back to the decentralized piece of the equation. Decentralization is a buzz word in crypto for a reason. By cutting into the centralized market power of a few companies controlling any one sector, blockchain projects like Ankr aim to democratize pockets of the economy (and maybe the whole economy, one day).
At a high level, these goals sound idealistic and unattainable. However, the implications of Ankr's cloud-computing potential are immense.
Most centralized cloud-computing services have a single or just a few points of failure if various central locations lose power. For decentralized cloud-computing players like Ankr, this risk is minimized. By using a decentralized network of providers, Ankr can offer network stability and relatively low-cost cloud-computing services to companies looking for decentralized options.
As demand for decentralized solutions increases, Ankr could see increased adoption drive the value of its network higher. Therefore, those banking on the value of ANKR tokens as representative of the value its ecosystem creates may consider ANKR an intriguing growth option.
After all, this is a network that's looking to find novel solutions to modern problems. There's a lot investors should like about that.
Besides the cloud-computing angle (which I think is really something), Ankr also provides unique value in how investors stake tokens. Staking refers to putting up ones tokens or locking them into a given blockchain protocol to allow validation of transactions. People who stake their tokens typically receive interest in the form of additional tokens.Accordingly, this is a passive income opportunity many crypto investors are looking to get into.
However, Ankr provides an intriguing way for investors to stake tokens while putting up much smaller capital investments to do so. How?
Ankr's StakeFi product lets investors put up as little as 0.5 Ether to earn staking rewards. Currently, 32 ETH are required to stake on Ethereum's (CRYPTO:ETH) beacon chain. This would require the equivalent of more than $125,000, at present.
The platform does this by utilizing synthetic derivatives to essentially limit the amount of initial capital investors need to put up. Similar to options in the stock market, Ankr is becoming a revolutionary force in this growing area of decentralized finance.
Sure, Ethereum is moving toward Ethereum 2.0, which is likely to streamline its staking process substantially. However, delays in the move to Ethereum 2.0 have persisted. For now, Ankr has an opportunity to expand its market share in this emerging DeFi category.
Cryptocurrency investing is inherently risky, and Ankr is no exception. This crypto network faces the same systemic risks and competitive environment as its peers.
However, Ankr is creating some real-world value with its network. The fact that companies can utilize Ankr's protocol to maximize their return on assets while providing decentralized cloud-computing services to users is impressive. Additionally, I think there's a lot to like about Ankr's DeFi potential.
The ANKR token is one that represents a blockchain with a tremendous (and growing) value right now. Accordingly, I'm watching this is token closely.
This article represents the opinion of the writer, who may disagree with the official recommendation position of a Motley Fool premium advisory service. Were motley! Questioning an investing thesis -- even one of our own -- helps us all think critically about investing and make decisions that help us become smarter, happier, and richer.
See the original post:
3 Reasons to Buy Ankr - Motley Fool
- VMware Is A Cheap Play On Cloud Computing. Why One Analyst Turned Bullish. - Barron's - January 14th, 2022
- Play the Bearish Side of Cloud Computing - ETFdb.com - January 14th, 2022
- How is Cloud Computing Changing the Logistics Industry? - Analytics Insight - January 14th, 2022
- The Do's & Don'ts of going Cloud Native with communications - Techerati - January 14th, 2022
- Microsoft has hired an Apple Chip Architect to work on a new Server Chip to power Azure cloud computing services+ - Patently Apple - January 14th, 2022
- Enabling Cloud Adoption in the Government - DevOps.com - January 14th, 2022
- What Are IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS? - IoT For All - January 14th, 2022
- Cloud and SaaS Security: Mind the Gap - MSSP Alert - January 14th, 2022
- Cobalt Iron patents analytics-based cloud brokering of data protection operations - Security Systems News - January 14th, 2022
- Future Growth: Growing Shift of Businesses Towards Modernizing & Revolutionizing their Processes to Foster the Growth of the Global Cognitive... - January 14th, 2022
- Ising on the cake: Sync Computing spots opportunity for cloud resource optimisation Blocks and Files - Blocks and Files - January 14th, 2022
- Spatiotemporal change analysis of long time series inland water in Sri Lanka based on remote sensing cloud computing | Scientific Reports - Nature.com - January 14th, 2022
- 5 Edge Computing Stocks That Could Win The 2020s - Investment U - January 14th, 2022
- Cloud Computing in Government Market Expected to Reach Highest CAGR 2028: The major players covered in Cloud Computing in Government are:, Adobe... - January 14th, 2022
- DigitalOcean: The Decentralized Future Of Technological Innovation - Seeking Alpha - January 14th, 2022
- Prediction: Amazon Stock Will Be Worth More Than Apple in 10 Years - Motley Fool - January 14th, 2022
- Aptivs $4.3 Billion Purchase Of Wind River Suggests 2022 Could Be A Big Year For Edge Computing Deals - Forbes - January 14th, 2022
- 7 obstacles that organizations face migrating legacy data to the cloud - TechRepublic - January 14th, 2022
- Grading 2021's top data center and tech predictions - DatacenterDynamics - January 14th, 2022
- Could cloud computing services be the electricity of the 21st century? - Minneapolis Star Tribune - January 10th, 2022
- Tech Tutorials And Windows Guide Platform Shares Article On Cloud Computing - Digital Journal - January 10th, 2022
- Top Cloud Computing Jobs Currently Available in January 2022 - Analytics Insight - January 10th, 2022
- Nibble at Cloud Stocks With This ETF - ETF Trends - January 10th, 2022
- Cloud Analytics Market to Display Stunning CAGR of 20.9% from 2021 to 2028; SAS Institute Inc. Collaborated with Microsoft Corporation to Strengthen... - January 10th, 2022
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Market to Hit USD 716.52 Billion by 2028; Increasing Digitalization to Augment Market Growth: Fortune Business Insights -... - January 10th, 2022
- Why Amazon Wants The Indian Government By Its Side To Win The Cloud War - Outlook India - January 10th, 2022
- Get Ready for the Rebirth of the Call Center - No Jitter - January 10th, 2022
- Assessment of the Southeast Asia Cloud Computing Market, 2021-2028: Amazon, Akamai Technologies, CA Technologies, Alibaba, Cisco Systems and Google... - January 10th, 2022
- Recent Innovations Shaping the Future of Cloud Computing Technologies - Digital Journal - January 10th, 2022
- Sonrai Security Enters 2022 with Exponential Revenue Growth and Strong Customer Acquisition and Retention - Business Wire - January 10th, 2022
- Cloud Computing in Automotive Market Growth Analysis and Opportunity Assessment Forecast To 2028 | Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google... - January 10th, 2022
- Dunxin Financial (DXF.US) Sets Up Computing Power Investment Fund and Plans of Intelligence Computing Power Centre based on Metaverse Platform -... - January 10th, 2022
- The Future of IoT: Top Trends We Expect to See in 2022 - IoT World Today - January 10th, 2022
- Why Siacoin Could Be a Winner in the Web3 Race - Motley Fool - January 10th, 2022
- Cloud computing | IBM - January 2nd, 2022
- Improving Edge Computing Security in 2022 | The State of Security - tripwire.com - January 2nd, 2022
- Top 2 cloud computing stocks to watch in 2022 - Kalkine Media - January 2nd, 2022
- The Global Cloud Computing Market size recorded an average annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2030|$ 211.4... - January 2nd, 2022
- Here's Why It's Wise to Retain Equinix (EQIX) Stock Now - Entrepreneur - January 2nd, 2022
- Its in Indias national interest to promote open source software - Mint - January 2nd, 2022
- Insights on the Digital Transformation Market Global Market to 2026 - Featuring Accenture, Equinix, Google and Oracle Among Others - PRNewswire - January 2nd, 2022
- Amazon Stock: Headed to $4,500? - The Motley Fool - January 2nd, 2022
- 5 Leveraged ETFs That Gained Double-Digits in December - Yahoo Finance - January 2nd, 2022
- Whats ahead for crypto and blockchain in 2022? Experts Answer, Part 2 - Cointelegraph - January 2nd, 2022
- What is hybrid cloud? - Red Hat - December 29th, 2021
- Cloud Computing for the Little Guy Is a Big Deal - Motley Fool - December 29th, 2021
- How Distributed Cloud Computing Drives IT Automation | eWEEK - eWeek - December 29th, 2021
- Why organisations are flocking to serverless cloud computing - ETCIO.com - December 29th, 2021
- 2022 Cloud Computing Predictions: What Vendors, Partners Have to Say - Channel Futures - December 29th, 2021
- Cloud-Native Supercomputing - The Foundation of a Digital World - Analytics Insight - December 29th, 2021
- Nutanix CEO says growth in cloud computing will continue in 2022 | CNBC News - Oakland News Now - December 29th, 2021
- Is Oracle's (ORCL) Cloud Strategy Headed the Right Direction? - Entrepreneur - December 29th, 2021
- The Middle Easts top AWS consulting and technology partners - Consultancy-me.com - December 29th, 2021
- SoftBank-backed Automation Anywhere to acquire FortressIQ -sources - Reuters - December 29th, 2021
- Stocks making the biggest moves premarket: Apple, Vipshop, Coinbase and others - CNBC - December 29th, 2021
- Cloud is India's best bet to aid faster innovation at scale in 2022 - ETCIO.com - December 29th, 2021
- 2 Unstoppable Growth Stocks to Buy and Hold Forever - Motley Fool - December 29th, 2021
- 10 Ways to Successfully Run Your Business on Cloud Computing - Analytics Insight - December 22nd, 2021
- EDA In The Cloud Is Driving Semiconductor Innovation - SemiEngineering - December 22nd, 2021
- Cloud Computing Market Projected to Reach $474B in 2022 - Datamation - December 22nd, 2021
- 6 Ways Cloud Computing Is Changing The Future Of Logistics - TechDay News - December 22nd, 2021
- Telco cloud vs. IT cloud: What's the difference? - RCR Wireless News - December 22nd, 2021
- Global Cloud Computing in Industrial IoT Market (2021 to 2026) - Increased Use of Cloud Computing Platforms is Driving Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.com... - December 22nd, 2021
- New Fundamentals of Open Source IT and Cloud Computing Training Makes it Easy to Start an IT Career - PRNewswire - December 22nd, 2021
- Why the Cloud Is an Integral Part of Fintech - WebProNews - December 22nd, 2021
- re:Invent recap: Amazon showcases cloud computing innovation - VentureBeat - December 3rd, 2021
- Cloud computing is changing everything about IT skills. Here's what that means for your job - ZDNet - December 3rd, 2021
- What is 'The Cloud' and How Does it Pervade Our Lives? - Scientific American - December 3rd, 2021
- Cyber Security Today, Dec. 1, 2021 - The FBI seizes alleged ransomware gang member's funds, a cloud computing security report from Google and more -... - December 3rd, 2021
- How are Organizations Doing with Cloud? - InformationWeek - December 3rd, 2021
- Amazon Way Behind Microsoft, Salesforce, and Oracle in Cloud Software - Business Insider - December 3rd, 2021
- Sidero CTO: Why multi-cloud strategies are on the rise - Siliconrepublic.com - December 3rd, 2021
- Everyone's been talking about AWS, and Google Cloud is jealous - Techradar - December 3rd, 2021
- Industrial Cyber Security Market: High Investment in Infrastructure as a Service and Cloud Computing Tools to Augment Growth During Coronavirus -... - December 3rd, 2021
- Cloud Security Alliance Issues Guidance to Help Organizations Optimize Business Outcomes When Using Cloud-native Key Management Services with External... - December 3rd, 2021
- Running business on Cloud - The Hindu - December 3rd, 2021
- EMBL-EBI Selects Google Cloud as Strategic Partner to Accelerate the Pace of Research - PRNewswire - December 3rd, 2021
- Varcoe: Amazon 'bet the right way' choosing Calgary for new data hub and tech training - Calgary Herald - December 3rd, 2021
- Joint Cloud Computing: How Can Organizations Benefit From This New Trend? - Toolbox - November 28th, 2021
- AI and Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, and 5G Will Dominate in 2022 - IBL News - November 28th, 2021