SUMMIT, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ETFMG, leading thematic ETF issuer, in collaboration with Wedbush Securities, leading financial services and investment banking firm, launches the Wedbush ETFMG Global Cloud Technology ETF (NYSE Arca: IVES)*, answering investor demand for direct access to a pure-play cloud technology product. IVES, named for prominent Wedbush technology analyst and visionary of the ETF, Dan Ives, is designed for direct access to the cloud infrastructure and cloud enabler companies, expected to be major beneficiaries in the estimated $1T in enterprise cloud spending over the next decade.1 The Fund gives global exposure to companies at the forefront of the next wave of cloud technology.
The IVES ETF is a pure-play on the global cloud theme, maintaining small to mid-cap infrastructure players by focusing on vendors and companies driving the backbone of cloud computing, poised to capture a major portion of cloud spending. These foundational components of the cloud industry are expected to represent an estimated 60 to 70 percent of cloud spending over the next four years.1 The constituents will include infrastructure equipment, SaaS software, connectivity, data back-up and storage services, and data center management for enterprise-based software applications, as well as those engaged in enterprise cloud services. IVES is also geographically diverse, giving U.S. investors a way to play the global cloud theme over the coming years inclusive of exposure to the key Asian market players.
Dan Ives, Managing Director and Equity Research Analyst at Wedbush Securities, is a world renowned software and technology analyst with 20+ years experience educating on cloud computing, cyber security, big data and the mobile landscape. The IVES ETF leverages Dans globally recognized ability to analyze both the public and private sector of cloud computing, decipher companies direction in tech and software development along with his deep understanding of trends in consumer and enterprise cloud landscape.
Bringing this next generation cloud ETF to market collaboratively with the team at Wedbush and ETFMG is an initiative I am extremely excited about, with cloud computing poised to see a major acceleration of enterprise spending over the next decade, says Dan Ives. Our vision behind the ETF stems from an investor demand for direct, true global exposure to the cloud enabler companies I have been covering for decades. In the next two years alone, we anticipate over a 65% increase in workloads managed in the cloud, now there is a way for investors to capture that.
The IVES fund is the fifth product launched by ETFMG in its disruptive technology investment theme and the first in-market collaboration between the two privately owned firms, ETFMG and Wedbush Securities.
We are extremely proud to bring this unique thematic ETF to market alongside Wedbush and cloud technology expert, Dan Ives, says Sam Masucci, Founder and CEO of ETFMG. IVES answers a void in the investible cloud universe, giving investors exposure to the companies that are the foundation of the entire cloud ecosystem. This ETF is the first product of the powerhouse collaboration between our two firms, and together we look forward to continuing to drive whats next in global investing.
*Effective April 7, 2020, the Funds name (previously the ETFMG Drone Economy Strategy ETF, NYSE Arca: IFLY) has changed to the Wedbush ETFMG Global Cloud Technology ETF (NYSE Arca: IVES). The Funds underlying index has been changed to the Dan Ives Global Cloud Technology Prime Index, which is provided by Prime Indexes. Information on the index can be found at http://www.primeindexes.com.
For more information on IVES, visit http://www.etfmg.com/IVES.
ETFMG is a provider of exchange-traded funds (ETFs), founded in 2014 with a vision of developing innovative thematic ETFs that provide investors unique exposure to new markets. Today, the ETFMG fund line up provides access to a diverse collection of global themes and is comprised of 75% first to market products. We turn portfolio management strategies into successful ETFs by partnering with market segment experts to bring long-term growth opportunities to investors. ETFMG funds are proof as to the power of the ETF wrapper and that thematic products can have a place in investors portfolios. For more information, please visit http://www.etfmg.com.
About Wedbush Securities
Since our founding in 1955, Wedbush has been a leader in the financial services industry, providing our clients, both private and institutional, with a wide range of securities brokerage, wealth management, and investment banking services; Headquartered in Los Angeles, California with 100 registered offices and nearly 900 colleagues, the firm focuses on client service and financial safety, innovation, and the utilization of advanced technology.
For more information visit http://www.wedbush.com.
Carefully consider the Funds investment objectives, risks, and charges and expenses before investing. This and other information can be found in the Funds summary or statutory prospectuses, available on http://www.etfmg.com. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. Shares of any ETF are bought and sold at market price (not NAV), may trade at a discount or premium to NAV and are not individually redeemed from the Fund. Brokerage commissions will reduce returns. Narrowly focused investments typically exhibit higher volatility. Cloud Technology Companies may have limited product lines, markets, financial resources or personnel. These companies typically face intense competition and potentially rapid product obsolescence. In addition, many Cloud Technology Companies store sensitive consumer information and could be the target of cybersecurity attacks and other types of theft, which could have a negative impact on these companies. As a result, Cloud Technology Companies may be adversely impacted by government regulations, and may be subject to additional regulatory oversight with regard to privacy concerns and cybersecurity risk. These companies are also heavily dependent on intellectual property rights and may be adversely affected by loss or impairment of those rights. Cloud computing companies could be negatively impacted by disruptions in service caused by hardware or software failure, or by interruptions or delays in service by third-party data center hosting facilities and maintenance providers. Cloud Technology Companies, especially smaller companies, tend to be more volatile than companies that do not rely heavily on technology. Companies in the technology field, including companies in the computers, telecommunications and electronics industries, face intense competition, which may have an adverse effect on profit margins.
The Fund is distributed by ETFMG Financial LLC, which is not affiliated with Wedbush Securities or Prime Indexes. Sam Masucci is a registered representative of ETFMG Financial LLC.
1. Estimates based on research from the Wedbush Securities company report on March 29, 2020: COVID-19 Playbook for Tech Investors; Stick With Cloud Themes in the Dark Storm: https://wedbush.bluematrix.com/docs/html/14c67aff-fd92-4f96-9700-78561e37de97.html
- World Market Outlook for the Healthcare Cloud Computing Market with Focus on Key Players Athenahealth Inc., CareCloud Corporation, Carestream Health... - May 31st, 2020
- Tag: Cloud Computing in Higher Education price - Cole of Duty - May 31st, 2020
- Inside Red Hat: Its open source heritage means big opportunity in cloud computing - WRAL Tech Wire - May 31st, 2020
- Tag: Cloud Computing in Higher Education Market - Cole of Duty - May 31st, 2020
- SaaS Cloud Computing Market Research Report 2020: Key Players, Applications, Drivers, Trends and Forecast to 2026 - WaterCloud News - May 31st, 2020
- Global Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Growth Factor Analysis by Manufacturers, Shares, Size, Trends and Challenges with Forecast to 2026 - Jewish... - May 31st, 2020
- Tricks for Trimming Cloud Costs in Downturn - The Information - May 31st, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing Market 2020 by Type, Therapy, Treatment Cost, Growth, Key Players, Regional Analysis and Opportunities to 2025 - News Distinct - May 31st, 2020
- Competition for hybrid cloud space Cloud computing is evolving to attract more companies - Optocrypto - May 30th, 2020
- Cloud Security: 5 Serious Emerging Cloud Computing Threats to Avoid - Security Boulevard - May 30th, 2020
- 'Cloud Computing Is One Of The Most Disruptive And Exciting Innovations'. - Express Computer - May 30th, 2020
- Asia Cloud Computing Association: Covid-19 Economic Resilience and Recovery Capability Reflected in the Cloud Readiness Index 2020 - Business Insider - May 30th, 2020
- Exploring Why This Cloud ETF Is Leading a Hot Group Higher - ETF Trends - May 30th, 2020
- Addressing IoT security challenges from the cloud to the edge - Urgent Communications - May 30th, 2020
- SaaS Cloud Computing Market Share Analysis and Research Report by 2025 - Express Journal - May 30th, 2020
- The 1 Thing You Should Know Before You Buy Amazon - The Motley Fool - May 30th, 2020
- China new infrastructure initiative to boost cloud computing EJINSIGHT - EJ Insight - May 30th, 2020
- Microsoft Azure Heads IoT Platform Research Report, Edging AWS - Virtualization Review - May 30th, 2020
- Cloud Computing in Healthcare Market SWOT Analysis 2020 & Technological Innovation by Leading Industry Experts 2025 - News Distinct - May 30th, 2020
- Cloud Computing Security Software Market Share Analysis and Research Report by 2 - News by aeresearch - May 30th, 2020
- How Coronavirus is Impacting Healthcare Cloud Computing Market : Facts, Figures and Analytical Insights, 2019 to 2027 - Bulletin Line - May 30th, 2020
- 2020 Impact of COVID-19 on Healthcare Cloud Computing by Top Manufacturers with Production, Price, Revenue (value) and Market Share to 2026 - 3rd... - May 30th, 2020
- NSR Report: Cloud Computing via Satellite to Drive 52 Exabytes of Traffic by 2029 - GlobeNewswire - May 29th, 2020
- The Work-From-Home Era Is the Perfect Time to Start Your Cloud-Computing Career - Entrepreneur - May 29th, 2020
- Covid-19 has hastened cloud migration - but don't move without a plan - Cloud Tech - May 29th, 2020
- Cloud computing transformation must be led by ministers and agency heads - The Strategist - May 29th, 2020
- 5 Things to Consider When Searching for Jobs in Cloud Computing - ITPro Today - May 29th, 2020
- Tencent to Invest $70 Billion in 'New Infrastructure' Supporting AI and Cloud Computing - Caixin Global - May 29th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing Market: Leading Segments and their Growth Drivers 2020-20 - ITResearchBrief.com - May 29th, 2020
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Healthcare Cloud Computing Market What Factors will drive the this Market in Upcoming Years and How it is Going to Impact on... - May 29th, 2020
- Cloud Computing For Business Operations Market Research Report 2020: Key Players, Applications, Drivers, Trends and Forecast to 2026 - News Distinct - May 29th, 2020
- Cloud Computing In Education Market 2020 Size, Share, Sales Revenue, Business Trends, Emerging Opportunities, Demand, Key Companies Strategies, New... - May 29th, 2020
- Cloud Computing in Government Market 2020 With COVID-19 Impact Analysis and Clinical Outlook 2026 - Herald Writeup - May 29th, 2020
- Jacobs to Help Build England's Cloud-Based Flood Risk Mgmt Platform - ExecutiveBiz - May 29th, 2020
- Commerce Cloud Computing Market Size, Share, Types, Business Growth Factors, Future Guide, Openings, Innovation, Top Players, Demand and Forecast to... - May 29th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Cloud Computing Market Growth with Challenges, Standardization, Competitive Market Share and Top Players 2020 - Cole of Duty - May 29th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing in Automotive Market 2020: Types, Cost Structure, Demand Analysis, Industry Statistics and Growth Opportunities till 2025 -... - May 29th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing in Healthcare Market 2020-2025: Services, Statistics, Emerging Trends, Strategy, Demand Analysis and Investment Opportunities -... - May 29th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing in Retail Banking Market 2020 by Demand, Application, Services, Emerging Trends, Growth Rate, Revenue and Investment... - May 29th, 2020
- Cloud computing IaaS in Life Science Market Growth Analysis by Size, Top Companies, Supply Demand, Trends, Demand, Overview and Forecast to 2026 -... - May 29th, 2020
- Where Will Datadog Be in 5 Years? - Motley Fool - May 29th, 2020
- Cloud Computing Market Growth Analysis by Size, Top Companies, Supply Demand, Trends, Demand, Overview and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 29th, 2020
- Amazon Stock Is the Coca-Cola of Cloud Computing - Motley Fool - May 26th, 2020
- Global Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Outlook: Global Market Forecast to Reach $92.24 Billion by 2027 - GlobeNewswire - May 26th, 2020
- Research Report with COVID-19 Forecasts - Healthcare Cloud Computing Market 2020-2024 | Development of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure to Boost Growth... - May 26th, 2020
- Profile: DigitalOcean - The Developer Cloud - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - May 26th, 2020
- Microsoft launches healthcare cloud, says more industry clouds will follow - Cloud Tech - May 26th, 2020
- O'Reilly Survey Reveals More than 88% of Organizations Use Cloud Computing - Business Wire - May 26th, 2020
- Cloud Computing Market 2020 Increasing Demand, Growth Analysis and Strategic Outlook 2026 - Herald Writeup - May 26th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing Market 2020 Industry Outlook, Comprehensive Insights, Growth and Forecast 2026 - Jewish Life News - May 26th, 2020
- My learnings from 21+ years of SaaS and cloud - Diginomica - May 26th, 2020
- Cloud is the Essential Backbone during COVID-19 Crisis - CXOToday.com - May 26th, 2020
- Cloud Computing in Healthcare Market 2020: Industry, Size, Share, Demands, Growth, Opportunities, Trends Analysis and Forecast Till 2025 - Cole of... - May 26th, 2020
- Telecom Cloud Billing Market Competitive Landscape Analysis with Forecast by 2025 - Cole of Duty - May 26th, 2020
- Healthcare Cloud Computing Market 2020 Global Share, Growth, Size, Opportunities, Trends, Regional Overview, Leading Company Analysis, And Key Country... - May 26th, 2020
- Cloud Computing Market 2020- Analysis And In-Depth Research On Market Size, Trends, Emerging Growth Factors And Forecast To 2026| Microsoft Azure,... - May 26th, 2020
- HanETF"s cloud-computing tracker bounces back strongly in April - Proactive Investors UK - May 26th, 2020
- Commerce Cloud Computing Market 2019 By Types, Leading Companies, Business Opportunities, Applications, Development Factors, In-depth Analysis and... - May 26th, 2020
- This new-age industry is in the 'valley of despair,' but it may have a new catalyst: Ark Invest CEO - CNBC - May 26th, 2020
- Insights into the Worldwide Geospatial Imagery Analytics Industry to 2025 - Geospatial Industry Growth Presents Lucrative Opportunities -... - May 26th, 2020
- CloudBackend shows the future of the cloud with a distributed platform for companies to innovate on - Express Computer - May 26th, 2020
- Global Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Analysis and Industry Forecasts to 2028 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - May 9th, 2020
- Microsoft to invest $1.5 billion in Italian cloud business - Midwest Communication - May 9th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing Security Software Market 2020 By Growth Projections, Demand, Power Construction and Forecast 2025 - Cole of Duty - May 9th, 2020
- How AI is redefining cloud technology and delivering business efficiency - ITProPortal - May 9th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing in Healthcare Market 2020: Emerging Trends, Distribution Channel, Top Brands, Service Providers and Growth Opportunities to... - May 9th, 2020
- Five ways to achieve faster time to value with enterprise SaaS - Cloud Tech - May 7th, 2020
- Pine Belt and Trilogy Extend Edge Cloud Computing Deep Into the Heart of Dixie - PRNewswire - May 7th, 2020
- Microsoft, Amazon, and Google see surge in cloud computing sales - Quartz - May 7th, 2020
- Global Cloud Computing in Government Market Expected to reach highest CAGR by 2025: Adobe Systems, Blackboard, Cisco, Ellucian, Dell EMC - Cole of... - May 7th, 2020
- Spend on cloud IT infrastructure will scrape $70B this year - TechHQ - May 7th, 2020
- Biobanking Evolution Enabled by Cloud-based Technology - Technology Networks - May 7th, 2020
- Alert Logic Delivers Managed Detection and Response to IBM Cloud Clients - inForney.com - May 7th, 2020
- Cloud Computing in Pharmaceutical Market Research Report: Probable Key Development To Be Observed Market States And Outlook Across By 2026 - 3rd Watch... - May 7th, 2020
- You're Already On A Cloud -- What Could Possibly Go Wrong? - Forbes - May 7th, 2020
- WFS highlights subsea digitalization innovations - Offshore Oil and Gas Magazine - May 7th, 2020
- BridgeHead launches public cloud offering which runs on Microsoft Azure - Digital Health - May 7th, 2020
- Healthcare Cloud Computing Market From 2020-2029: Regions, End-user and Application| CareCloud Corporation, ClearData Networks Inc, athenahealth Inc -... - May 7th, 2020
- Impact of Covid-19 Cloud Computing in Healthcare Market Rising Trends and Global Outlook (2020 To 2027) - Latest Herald - May 7th, 2020
- Special Report: The Transformative Impact of IoT - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - May 7th, 2020