AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sydney, Australia, will host thousands of cloud computing experts from more than 50 nations for the OpenStack Summit, November 6-8, at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Center. This will be the first time the must-attend open infrastructure event has been held in Australia where users like American Airlines, China Railway, Saudi Telecom, Commonwealth Bank, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Sprint and Tencent/WeChat will talk about multi-cloud strategies, cost savings and increasing agility with OpenStack.
The biannual OpenStack Summitheld previously in major cities like Paris, Tokyo, Vancouver, San Francisco and Barcelonawill draw thousands of developers, operators, cloud architects, business unit leaders and CIOs from the worlds centers of IT innovation.
Headline sponsors of the Summit include Sydney-based Aptira, global networking leader Cisco, and WeChat provider Tencent, as well as premier sponsors Huawei, IBM, Intel, Mirantis, Red Hat and VMware.
Speakers will report on strong OpenStack adoption among financial services, telecoms and research organizations including: AT&T, Monash University, The Garvan Institute, DragonFly Data Science, Paddy Power Betfair, Verizon, Workday, University of Melbourne, PayPal, Catalyst IT, GoDaddy and Overstock.com.
Discounted Early Bird Registration is available until September 8. Sponsorship packages are available until September 27.
Enterprises and service providers in Australia were among the earliest adopters of OpenStack, so its exciting to bring the Summit and thousands of community members globally to Sydney, said Jonathan Bryce, executive director of the OpenStack Foundation. The rapid growth of OpenStackin excess of 40 percent year over yearmeans theres lots to talk about at the Summit in terms of compelling new use cases, instructive new user stories and proven best practices for both developers and cloud operators.
Summit Themes for Sydney
Themes at the Sydney OpenStack Summit include current topics for enterprises like how to build effective multi-cloud strategies. Attendees from carriers and service providers will learn more about how OpenStack is leading in edge computing. Other themes include innovation in open and composable infrastructure, collaboration with adjacent open source communities, digital transformation and infrastructure control. The CFO perspective on business growth and infrastructure cost reduction will feature prominently in many sessions.
OpenStack Summits help IT leaders plan their cloud strategies while sharing real-world experiences operating or consuming OpenStack clouds. During the three-day event, attendees will have the opportunity to hear keynote presentations featuring innovative use cases and live technology demonstrations. They can choose from hundreds of sessions and hands-on workshops for every experience level and organizational role. The Summit offers networking opportunities during the Monday evening Marketplace booth crawl happy hour and the Tuesday afternoon Melbourne Cup viewing party. Learn more about OpenStack Summits and users at the official OpenStack publication, Superuser.
Cloud Application Hackathon to Kick off the Week
The weekend prior to the Summit, a cloud application hackathon will be hosted by the Sydney OpenStack User Group to kick off the event. Hacking Up the Stack will be held November 3-5, at the Doltone House in the Australian Technology Park. OpenStack application hackathons are intended to educate developers on how to build and migrate applications to distributed cloud environments, as well as showcase the diverse use cases for OpenStack. Recent application hackathons have been held in Mexico and Taiwan. More information coming soon: http://hackathon.openstack.org.au/.
Media and Analyst Registration
Members of the media and analysts covering cloud computing can contact Jennifer Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about event registration.
OpenStack is the most widely deployed software for public and private clouds, with more than 5 million compute cores in production. It has become a standard for private clouds and is also available via dozens of public cloud providers globally. At its core, OpenStack is an open source integration engine that provides APIs to orchestrate bare metal, virtual machine and container resources on a single network. The same OpenStack code powers a global network of public and private clouds backed by the largest ecosystem of technology providers, to enable cost savings, control and portability.
OpenStack is a global community of 80,000 members supported by the OpenStack Foundation, which facilitates the development of many innovative projects in the open infrastructure space. The community delivers two software releases each year, which are Apache 2 licensed and productized by a large ecosystem of technology vendors in our Marketplace. For more information and to join the community, visit http://www.OpenStack.org.
- Why Kubernetes Is the Future of Cloud Computing - Barron's - December 6th, 2019
- We Need to Talk About Cloud Sprawl - Computer Business Review - December 6th, 2019
- Cloud computing IaaS in Life Science Market Research, Growth Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2026 - Statsflash - December 6th, 2019
- The New Paradoxes of the Cloud Computing World - Forbes - December 5th, 2019
- Andy Jassy's 12 Boldest Remarks On The Future Of Cloud Computing - CRN: The Biggest Tech News For Partners And The IT Channel - December 5th, 2019
- How cloud computing can help your small business thrive - http://smallbusiness.co.uk - December 5th, 2019
- The importance of Cloud Computing for the Utility Industry - Doxee - December 5th, 2019
- Animal Logic promotes cloud computing as democratizing the future of animation - Mash Viral - December 5th, 2019
- Cloud Computing in Education Market: Competitive Landscape and Recent Industry Development Analysis 2017 - 2025 - Weekly Spy - December 5th, 2019
- Breaking Down Amazon's Storage-Related AWS News Announcements - ITPro Today - December 5th, 2019
- Why cloud computing is requiring us to rethink resiliency at the Edge - IT PRO - December 5th, 2019
- Cloud Computing Market Poised for Steady Growth in the Future 2019 - 2028 - Weekly Spy - December 5th, 2019
- AWS and Verizon partner on 5G edge cloud computing - Data Economy - December 5th, 2019
- Cloud now the destination for finance, says survey - www.computing.co.uk - December 5th, 2019
- How The Parts Add Up: The First Trust Cloud Computing ETF Headed For $68 - Forbes - December 2nd, 2019
- What's Happening at the Cloud Insight Jam on December 19th? - Solutions Review - December 2nd, 2019
- Amazon Just Joined The Race To Dominate Quantum Computing In The Cloud - Forbes - December 2nd, 2019
- Cloud Computing Market in Healthcare Research and Development Key Players, Industry Overview and Forecast Analysis - Montana Ledger - December 2nd, 2019
- Cloud-software stocks weather harsh start to December amid tech-spending concerns - MarketWatch - December 2nd, 2019
- Technology Leader of the Year: Enabling the Digital Transformation - IndustryWeek - December 2nd, 2019
- Data in the Cloud is Much More at Risk Than Enterprises May Think - CISO MAG - December 2nd, 2019
- Global Cloud Computing Market Competitive Analysis 2019 By Top Companies Strategies Till 2028 - Sound On Sound Fest - December 2nd, 2019
- Think of data as the new uranium rather than the new oil and treat it like it's toxic - Cloud Tech - December 2nd, 2019
- Is Crowd Computing the Next Big Thing? - EE Journal - December 2nd, 2019
- Cloud Computing Market revenue in Europe to exceed USD 75 Bn by 2026: Global Market Insights, Inc. - GlobeNewswire - November 30th, 2019
- IT solutions found in the cloud - AZ Big Media - November 30th, 2019
- Alibaba wants its cloud computing to help power the future - Abacus - November 30th, 2019
- McAfee notes the gap between cloud-first and cloud-only yet optimism reigns on success - Cloud Tech - November 30th, 2019
- Why glass might be the future of data storage - Financial Times - November 30th, 2019
- The best Software as a Service (SaaS) companies of the 2010s decade - TechRepublic - November 30th, 2019
- Microsoft, not Amazon, is going to win the cloud wars - IT PRO - November 30th, 2019
- Infarm plants its blend of vertical farming and cloud computing in QFC grocery stores - GeekWire - November 30th, 2019
- What to expect from AWS Re:Invent 2019 - IT PRO - November 30th, 2019
- Microsoft and AT&T expand upon partnership to deliver Azure services on 5G core - Cloud Tech - November 26th, 2019
- AI, Cloud Computing and IoT: How digitalisation is driving dramatic IT changes in healthcare - Techerati - November 26th, 2019
- The Impact of Cloud Computing on the Insurance Industry - Doxee - November 26th, 2019
- Its in the Cloud, So it Secure . . . Maybe! - Security Boulevard - November 26th, 2019
- Study shows continued cloud maturation in Nordics with manufacturing a standout - Cloud Tech - November 26th, 2019
- As Per New Report on Hybrid Cloud Computing Market Will Touch a New Level in Upcoming Years | Microsoft Corporation, Cisco Systems, and Amazon Web... - November 26th, 2019
- Infarm plants its blend of vertical farming and cloud computing in QFC grocery stores - Yahoo Tech - November 26th, 2019
- 'Guess What, There's A Cost For That': Getting Cloud & AI Right - Breaking Defense - November 26th, 2019
- AWS re:Invent 2019 - Predictions And A Wishlist - Forbes - November 26th, 2019
- Review: How NeuVector protects containers throughout their lifecycle - CSO Online - November 26th, 2019
- VMware Reports Earnings Today. Heres What to Expect. - Barron's - November 26th, 2019
- HiveIO Top 5 IT Predictions For 2020 - RTInsights - November 26th, 2019
- Adoption of Cloud-Native Architecture, Part 1: Architecture Evolution and Maturity - InfoQ.com - November 26th, 2019
- Cloud, AI, and personalisation: Key issues to consider - www.computing.co.uk - November 26th, 2019
- Global Medical Device Security Solutions Market 2020-2024 | Increasing Demand for Cloud-Based Solutions to Boost the Market Growth | Technavio -... - November 26th, 2019
- Cloud computing IaaS in Life Science Market Global Industry Demand, Scope and Strategic Outlook,Growth Analysis,Business Opportunities and Future... - November 26th, 2019
- How much cloud does an IT disaster recovery plan need? - TechTarget - November 26th, 2019
- Cyber and the cloud: Overcoming the key security challenges amid multi-cloud rise - Cloud Tech - November 24th, 2019
- Global Healthcare Cloud Computing Market 2018-2022 | Introduction of Blockchain in Cloud Computing to Boost Growth | Technavio - Business Wire - November 24th, 2019
- Alibaba Is Taking the Cloud Battle to Amazon - Investopedia - November 24th, 2019
- Video Streaming Platforms And The Benefits Of Cloud - Forbes - November 24th, 2019
- Cloud Computing Market Expected to Grow at 623.3 Billion In Revenue by 2023 - Hitz Dairies - November 24th, 2019
- Amazon reportedly restricted partners at its New York conference from mentioning competitors like Microsoft and Google - Business Insider - November 24th, 2019
- Cloud Computing Market Segmentation and Analysis by Recent Trends, Development and Growth by Regions to 2024 - Eastlake Times - November 24th, 2019
- Cloud computing | computer science | Britannica - November 20th, 2019
- What Is Cloud Computing? How Does Cloud Computing Work ... - November 20th, 2019
- Top Cloud Computing ETFs - November 20th, 2019
- Cloud Computing: Where the Jobs Are - BlackEngineer.com - November 20th, 2019
- Ask the Expert: Cloud Computing in 2020 - Datamation - November 20th, 2019
- Gartner: Cloud computing revenues to jump in coming years - The Advocate - November 20th, 2019
- Nutanix Hires Former Nexenta CEO To Build 'Hybrid Cloud Powerhouse' - CRN: The Biggest Tech News For Partners And The IT Channel - November 20th, 2019
- Across the enterprise: Tackle Industry 4.0 with edge, fog and cloud computing - CanadianManufacturing.com - November 20th, 2019
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation Announces 2019 Community Awards Winners - PRNewswire - November 20th, 2019
- ExtraHop Extends Cloud-Native Network Detection and Response with Google Cloud Platform Integration - Business Wire - November 20th, 2019
- Cloud Computing in Industrial IoT Market in-depth approaches behind the Success of Top Players like Cisco, GE, ChargePoint, Honeywell, Intel, IBM -... - November 18th, 2019
- Task force on artificial intelligence hearing: AI and the evolution of cloud computing - key testimony on the risks, challenges and opportunities -... - November 18th, 2019
- Cloud computing: SaaS, IaaS or PaaS - which is growing fastest? - ZDNet - November 17th, 2019
- How governments can use cloud computing to reduce risk and improve service delivery - Which-50 - November 17th, 2019
- Regulators begin probe into Google-Ascension cloud computing deal: WSJ - Reuters - November 17th, 2019
- Why cloud computing can get you a job 'anywhere in the world' - Siliconrepublic.com - November 17th, 2019
- Salesforce signs a big new deal with Microsoft's cloud to power one of its core products - Business Insider - November 17th, 2019
- Online Education Market in India 2018-2022 | Emergence of Cloud Computing to Boost Growth | Technavio - Business Wire - November 17th, 2019
- France and Germany outline its plan to boost European cloud computing sector - Data Economy - November 17th, 2019
- Adobe Stock: Is The Cloud Computing Leader Ready For Another Leg Up? - Investor's Business Daily - November 17th, 2019
- UPDATE 1-Regulators begin probe into Google-Ascension cloud computing deal -WSJ - Reuters - November 17th, 2019
- CEO Andy Jassy reportedly said AWS is two years ahead of Microsoft - Business Insider - November 17th, 2019
- US Healthcare Cloud Computing Market Size & Share 2019 Predictions and Analysis Report by 2027: Facts & Factors (FnF) - The World Industry... - November 17th, 2019