Please note: British Columbia is in Step 3 of itsCOVID-19 restart plan. Please adhere to COVID-19 health and safety measures, including physical distancing and frequent hand washing, and wearing a mask or face-covering in public indoor and retail spaces. If you are sick, please stay home.
Located at the edge of North Vancouver, Deep Cove is a stunning waterfront village thats popular with local residents and tourists alike. In addition to lush green trails and open views of Indian Arm, its also a popular destination for movie and TV shoots.
Before diving into everything that the Cove has to offer, its important to know how to get there. The small village offers few options for parking, so driving directly into the area isnt recommended especially during peak summer months.
(Alison Pudsey/Daily Hive)
A good option is public transit. Bus passengers can take the 211 or 212 from Phibbs Exchange directly into Deep Cove. For anyone that does opt to drive, the District of North Vancouver points drivers towards overflow parking lots that can be found before entering the main strip. From there, the heart of Deep Cove is a mere five to 10-minute walk.
As far as outdoor excursions go, Deep Coves claim to fame is Quarry Rock. The popular 3.8 km hike is beginner-friendly (with the right footwear). Sitting at the top of the trail is a stunning view that encompasses Deep Cove, Indian Arm, and the Belcarra mountains.
Quarry Rock, Deep Cove (Shutterstock)
Quarry Rock hike/Shutterstock
If youre an experienced hiker seeking something more challenging, look no further than the Baden Powell Trail. The entire trail spans 41 km from Deep Coves Burrard Inlet to West Vancouvers Horseshoe Bay but dont worry, there are shorter hikes to be found within the trail (Quarry Rock included).
The Cove also has no shortage of aquatic activities. Deep Cove Kayak offers rentals, lessons, and even tours on kayaks, standup paddleboard, and surf-ski and dont be surprised to see local residents pull up with their own, either. Keep in mind, walk-in rentals arent accepted at this time and reservations are required.
Its also worth noting that Deep Cove Kayak offers a guided nighttime kayak tour. The experience is held on Fridays between May and October and boasts a completely different experience of Deep Cove.
If youre looking for even more parks, green space, and beachfront, be sure to check out Cates Park. While it technically isnt in Deep Cove, the expansive park is just a short distance away and boasts forest trails, beach areas, and additional access to the water.
Deep Cove has no shortage of eateries and restaurants, with plenty of options at any time of day. The most popular spot, undoubtedly, is Honeys Doughnuts & Goodies. The longstanding institution is beloved for its doughnuts, which are often sought out by celebrities and film stars who frequent Vancouver.
Honey Doughnuts & Goodies/Facebook
There are also several different options for cafes. Cafe Orso is a European-style cafe that offers a selection of coffees, teas, and alcoholic beverages. Theyre also very popular for their Belgian waffles, which are baked in-house daily and can be served with Nutella, fresh berries, and other toppings.
Bluhouse Market & Cafe offers a wide variety of crepes, smoothies, and plant-forward salads, bowls, and wraps. And Covert Cafe & Market is well known for its cinnamon buns.
Another new, and welcome, addition to the neighbourhood is Dip Co. Delights, which offers Florentine-style sandwiches and a wide selection of European goods.
For more substantial meals, Osaka Sushi and Arms Reach Bistro have both served the Deep Cove community for a number of years. The owners of Arms Reach Bistro are also the same minds behind ingrain, a locally-owned pasta brand that can be found both in restaurants and grocery stores.
And while ittechnically isnt located inside the Cove, Deep Cove Brewery is a noteworthy stop for craft beer, cocktails, and small-batch spirits. There is an impressive selection of food and appetizers and often have local artists performing live during weekends.
If youre looking to get some shopping done, locally-owned and operated Ahoy is well worth the visit. Expect popular name brands such as Nike, Stussy, Patagonia, Reigning Champ, and Comme Des Garcons, as well as plenty of Cove-themed items.
Deep Cove Collective can be found right across the street from Ahoy. Visitors can find a quaint selection of apparel, gifts, and jewelry.
And if you have a sweet tooth, make sure to stop by Sweet as Treats, a candy and gift store with an impressive selection of confections, chocolates, and snacks.
- Global Mindfulness Meditation Apps Market 2021 Industry Insights and Major Players are Deep Relax, Smiling Mind, Inner Explorer, Inc. Radford... - October 15th, 2021
- Google Proposes ARDMs: Efficient Autoregressive Models That Learn to Generate in any Order - Synced - October 15th, 2021
- Here's what's big for AI this year, according to the annual State of AI report - Morning Brew - October 15th, 2021
- Google DeepMind AI: Heres how it can bring a revolution in weather forecasting - Yahoo Singapore News - October 12th, 2021
- Now AI Tells You If It Will Pour In The Next Two Hours - Analytics India Magazine - October 12th, 2021
- Global Blockchain Technology in Healthcare Market (2021 to 2026) - Featuring Accenture, Capgemini and DeepMind Health Among Others -... - October 12th, 2021
- 10 Most Popular Google AI Projects that Everyone Should Know - Analytics Insight - October 12th, 2021
- How this company is using data-driven drug discovery to fight disease - The Globe and Mail - October 12th, 2021
- DeepMind tells Google it has no idea how to make AI less toxic - The Next Web - September 23rd, 2021
- There are some important things to keep in mind for first time home buyers - KTBS - September 23rd, 2021
- The Secrets of The Worlds Greatest Freediver - GQ Magazine - September 23rd, 2021
- How to find peace of mind during the COVID-19 pandemic's delta surge | Opinion - Tennessean - September 23rd, 2021
- WONDERFUL THINGS: Perfect peace in a troubled world from Jesus - Destin Log - September 23rd, 2021
- The Best Social Media Reactions and Memes at the 2021 Met Gala - Yahoo Lifestyle - September 15th, 2021
- Researchers lay the groundwork for an AI hive mind - The Next Web - September 15th, 2021
- Infinite Memory Transformer: Attending to Arbitrarily Long Contexts Without Increasing Computation Burden - Synced - September 15th, 2021
- It takes a village: how Asics got a small town to lace up and raise money for Mind UK - The Drum - September 15th, 2021
- EY study deep dives into financial protection gap - Insurance Business - September 15th, 2021
- Peptone: Putting molecular physics at the heart of UK's next billion-pound pharma company - Yahoo Money - September 15th, 2021
- Vigil episode four recap Silva and the crew are in deep water - The Guardian - September 13th, 2021
- How to cultivate a 'big mind' to deal with everyday stresses | HeraldNet.com - The Daily Herald - September 13th, 2021
- THE BOOK NOOK: Deep behind the scenes of 9/11 - Niagara Gazette - September 13th, 2021
- How 7 years of dirt is deep cleaned from mattresses - Insider - September 13th, 2021
- A therapy called rhythm that creates impact on the body and the mind - Onmanorama - September 13th, 2021
- Bidens abortion clash with the Catholic Church - POLITICO - September 13th, 2021
- God's mysterious riches, wisdom, and knowledge - Leawood - Church of the Resurrection - September 13th, 2021
- Google pulls the plug on DeepMind-developed health app Streams - Business Insider - September 1st, 2021
- Where the mind is without fear - The Times of India Blog - September 1st, 2021
- Global Cognitive Computing in Retail Market, By Component, By Technology, By Deployment, By Application, By Region, Competition Forecast &... - September 1st, 2021
- U.S. households and small businesses have stockpiled a mind-blowing record cash pile of almost $17 trillion - MarketWatch - August 26th, 2021
- What would it be like to be a conscious AI? We might never know. - MIT Technology Review - August 26th, 2021
- Google Health Disbanded; Staff Sent To Other Divisions - Silicon UK - August 26th, 2021
- Zen and the art of fly-fishing in Sweden a photo essay - The Guardian - August 26th, 2021
- 7 Ways to Stop Racing Thoughts at Night and Get to Sleep - Livestrong - August 26th, 2021
- Possumhaw: Out of sight, out of mind - The Dispatch - The Commercial Dispatch - August 24th, 2021
- UK aims to boost solar by predicting cloud movements with A.I. - CNBC - August 24th, 2021
- This Special Nature Writing Ritual Will Connect You To Your Divine Feminine - mindbodygreen.com - August 24th, 2021
- Shipwrecked: A Shocking Tale of Love, Loss, and Survival in the Deep Blue Sea - Boston magazine - August 24th, 2021
- AllDay notes after deeper reading of the prospectus - Philstar.com - August 24th, 2021
- UCSD & Microsoft Improve Image Recognition With Extremely Low FLOPs - Synced - August 24th, 2021
- Are These the Hidden Deepfakes in the Anthony Bourdain Movie? - WIRED - August 24th, 2021
- Scientists report new findings on the role that fish play in balancing coral, algae on reefs - ASU Now - August 24th, 2021
- Accurate prediction of protein structures and interactions using a three-track neural network - Science Magazine - August 22nd, 2021
- The Wonders That Live at the Very Bottom of the Sea - The New York Times - August 22nd, 2021
- Tamo J is 'digging up deep-rooted issues' in therapy - Jamaica Gleaner - August 22nd, 2021
- How to use 'progressive muscle relaxation' to calms stress and ease anxiety - GLAMOUR UK - August 22nd, 2021
- Review: 'Sister Sorry' plunges deep into a shadowy abyss of the psyche. But are its characters worth caring about? - Berkshire Eagle - August 22nd, 2021
- Always on your mind - The New Indian Express - August 22nd, 2021
- This Former Pastor Is Changing Evangelicals' Minds on COVID Vaccines Mother Jones - Mother Jones - August 22nd, 2021
- How DeepMind's John Jumper unlocked the 3D secret to proteins - Fast Company - August 14th, 2021
- How to avoid falling asleep during meditation - The Indian Express - August 14th, 2021
- A New Review of Dozens of Studies Found These Are the 8 Most Effective Ways to Stop Worrying and Calm Your Mind - Inc. - August 14th, 2021
- Four Policies that Government Can Pursue to Advance Trustworthy AI - uschamber.com - August 14th, 2021
- England vs India 2nd Test, Day 3 as it happened: Roots marathon ton guides hosts to 27-run lead - Scroll.in - August 14th, 2021
- Deshbhakti Curriculum to be implemented in Delhi Govt schools. Here is what it will cover - Mint - August 14th, 2021
- Trouble at Google's DeepMind and tech workers not going back to the office - Business Insider - August 8th, 2021
- Embodied AI, superintelligence and the master algorithm - TechCrunch - August 8th, 2021
- Alserkal is serving up isolation tanks and other mind altering activities this month - Time Out Dubai - August 8th, 2021
- Tshola had a generous heart and mind - IOL - August 8th, 2021
- Keeping the faith: Remembering gratitude can help us extend love to others, transform world - The Columbus Dispatch - August 8th, 2021
- AI use cases are expanding and evolving in healthcare - Tech Wire Asia - August 1st, 2021
- DeepMind releases massive database of 3D protein structures - STAT - STAT - July 25th, 2021
- DeepMinds AI uncovers structure of 98.5 per cent of human proteins - News Nation USA - July 25th, 2021
- Good Morning, News: $600000 Settlement for 2017 PPB Killing, Deep Pockets Try Influencing MultCo DA, and Everything is GREAT at the Olympics! - The... - July 25th, 2021
- DeepMind open-sources AlphaFold 2 for protein structure predictions - VentureBeat - July 21st, 2021
- DeepMind's AlphaFold 2 reveal: Convolutions are out, attention is in - ZDNet - July 21st, 2021
- AI in Healthcare Market Growing Trade Among Emerging Economies Opening New Opportunities (2021-2031) | Nuance Communications, Inc., DeepMind... - July 21st, 2021
- Self-driving data centres: Managing the transition from human-to-AI workload management - IT Brief Australia - July 21st, 2021
- The scene is set | Royal St George's | The 149th Open - The Open - July 14th, 2021
- Tech Companies Leading the Cognitive Computing Race in 2021 - Analytics Insight - July 14th, 2021
- Science fiction: From hero's tales to deep thoughts - The Daily Advance - July 14th, 2021
- ADOT urges drivers to be prepared for monsoon weather dangers | Arizona Emergency information Network - az.gov - July 14th, 2021
- Taking the long view, taking control - Cape Cod Times - July 14th, 2021
- The ultimate reading list if you love to delve into the mind - Livemint - July 14th, 2021
- Midland Theatre executive director Anderson to retire Sept. 1 - The Newark Advocate - July 14th, 2021
- The Future of Deep Learning | - Analytics Insight - July 10th, 2021
- The movie you should watch this weekend: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, the heart wants what it wants - The Indian Express - July 10th, 2021
- From the Extension: Keep health and safety in mind when firing up the grill - Daily Commercial - July 10th, 2021
- Follow your fever dreams with Nashville Hot Hot Dogs - The Takeout - July 10th, 2021
- Former Bureaucrats, Civil Society Express Deep Anguish On Violations and Breakdown of Governance in UP - The Citizen - July 10th, 2021