The McCollum Family Endowed Chair in Data Science is aresearch-focused position in the Baylor University Computer Scienceand Informatics Department. Data Science is one of the fiveSignature Academic Initiatives in Baylors strategic planIlluminate (Illuminate- Data Science) and is involved in key research for theUniversity (Data ScienceResearch). This transformative, endowed position is a visionaryinvestment in the future of Data Science research and educationacross the university (EndowmentDetails).
Qualifications: The University invitesapplications for this tenure-track position at the rank of fullProfessor beginning in the Fall 2021 semester. An ideal candidatewill help shape a comprehensive, university-wide strategic plan forData Science. This will be done through leadership,collaboration, and growth of infrastructure and interdisciplinaryresearch. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Data Science or arelated discipline; Baylor is recruiting new faculty with a deepcommitment to excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship.Other qualifications include an established history of extramuralfunding, high impact academic artifacts, and graduate studentmentorship. A viable applicant should demonstrate excellentpotential as an individual researcher and collaborator acrossmultiple disciplines.
The Department: Computer Science andInformatics is one of three departments in the School ofEngineering and Computer Science. It offers a B.S. in Informaticswith majors in Data Science and Bioinformatics, B.S. and B.A.degrees in Computer Science, and a B.S. in Computing with a majorin Computer Science Fellows. On location M.S. and Ph.D. degrees inComputer Science are offered, as well as an online M.S. programwhich started Fall 2020. The Department has 17 full-time faculty,over 280 undergraduates, and over 25 graduate students.Departmental website: Informatics
The University: Baylor University is a privateChristian university and a nationally ranked research institution,consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle ofHigher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For." Baylor seeksfaculty who share in our aspiration to become a tier-one researchinstitution while strengthening our distinctive Christian mission.As the worlds largest Baptist University, Baylor offers over 40doctoral programs and has over 17,000 students from all 50 statesand more than 85 countries.
Appointment Date: Fall 2021. For fullconsideration, applications must be received by December 31,2020.
Application Procedure: To apply, please submita letter of application, a 1-2 page research plan, a 1-2 pageteaching philosophy, a copy of an official transcript showing thehighest degree conferred (if the Ph.D. is in progress, a copy ofthe official transcript of completed Ph.D. hours should also besubmitted), and the names and email addresses of three personswilling to provide letters of recommendation as a single PDF filethrough this Interfolio link: Application Link Finalistsfor this position will be required to submit official transcriptsfor the doctoral degree in advance of a campus visit. Inquiriesabout the position can be sent toCSSearch@Baylor.edu.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit universityaffiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As anAffirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committedto compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws,including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin,marital status, pregnancy status, military service, geneticinformation, and disability. As a religious educationalinstitution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider anapplicants religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourageswomen, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities toapply.
See the rest here:
- BCG GAMMA, in Collaboration with Scikit-Learn, Launches FACET, Its New Open-Source Library for Human-Explainable Artificial Intelligence - PRNewswire - January 12th, 2021
- How Professors Can Use AI to Improve Their Teaching In Real Time - EdSurge - January 12th, 2021
- Calling all rock stars: hire the right data scientist talent for your business - IDG Connect - January 12th, 2021
- Companies hiring data scientists in NYC and how much they pay - Business Insider - January 12th, 2021
- Which Technology Jobs Will Require AI and Machine Learning Skills? - Dice Insights - January 12th, 2021
- This Is the Best Place to Buy Groceries, New Data Finds | Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - January 12th, 2021
- Associate Professor of Fisheries Oceanography named a Cooperative Institute for the North Atlantic Region (CINAR) Fellow - UMass Dartmouth - January 12th, 2021
- Rapid Insight To Host Free Webinar, Building on Data: From Raw Piles to Data Science - PR Web - January 12th, 2021
- Data Science for Social Good Programme helps Ofsted and World Bank - India Education Diary - January 12th, 2021
- Save 98% off the Complete Excel, VBA, and Data Science Certification Training Bundle - Neowin - January 12th, 2021
- Ilia Dub and Jasper Yip join Oliver Wyman's Asia partnership - Consultancy.asia - January 12th, 2021
- Poor data flows hampered governments Covid-19 response, says the Science and Technology Committee - ComputerWeekly.com - January 12th, 2021
- Healthcare Innovations: Predictions for 2021 Based on the Viewpoints of Analytics Thought Leaders and Industry Experts | Quantzig - Business Wire - January 12th, 2021
- AI Update: Provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act Signal the Importance of AI to American Competitiveness - Lexology - January 12th, 2021
- Data scientists gather 'chaos into something organized' - University of Miami - November 11th, 2020
- 2020 AI and Data Science in Retail Industry Ongoing Market Situation with Manufacturing Opportunities: Amazon Web Services, Baidu Inc., BloomReach... - November 11th, 2020
- Data Science Platform Market Research Growth by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast Analysis to 2026 - Eurowire - November 11th, 2020
- Addressing the skills shortage in data science and analytics - IT-Online - November 11th, 2020
- UTSA to break ground on $90 million School of Data Science and National Security Collaboration Center - Construction Review - November 11th, 2020
- Risks and benefits of an AI revolution in medicine - Harvard Gazette - November 11th, 2020
- IPG Unveils New-And-Improved Copy For Data: It's Not Your Father's 'Targeting' 11/11/2020 - MediaPost Communications - November 11th, 2020
- Data Science and Machine-Learning Platforms Market Size, Drivers, Potential Growth Opportunities, Competitive Landscape, Trends And Forecast To 2027 -... - November 11th, 2020
- Industrial Access Control Market 2020-28 use of data science in agriculture to maximize yields and efficiency with top key players - TechnoWeekly - November 11th, 2020
- Global Data Science Platform Market Report 2020 Industry Trends, Share and Size, Complete Data Analysis across the Region and Globe, Opportunities and... - November 11th, 2020