The University of Texas at San Antonio will commence construction of a $90 million School of Data Science and National Security Collaboration Center in the coming few days. The 167,000-square-foot building is located along Dolorosa Street east of Interstate 35 and is a major component of the universitys downtown campus expansion plan. The project is expected to spur business in the area and attract private investment.
Corrina Green, director of major capital projects and real estate for UTSA while giving an update on the proposed School of Data Science and National Security Collaboration Center said they have already finished developing the project design.
UTSA officials are awaiting design approvals from the UT System Board of Regents before commencing construction in mid-December. The project is expected to be complete by July 2022.
The building design has tried to draw more attention to a reimagined San Pedro Creek. The centers ground level will be reserved for a caf plus a large mixed-use space that will be used by students and tenants and also available for public events.
We really want to draw people into the building and up from the creek so that we are interacting with the other development thats happening around us, Green said. Were working hand in hand with all of these developers to make sure that this is very engaging with what they are doing.
UTSA also announced plans to construct a 250,000-square-foot Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Careers Building at the site where the countys old prison is being demolished. The building will start west of the new structure that is being constructed.
The University is yet to release the timeline for the Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Careers Building whose construction is expected to cost $161.2 million. This building will house an expanded College business.
- BCG GAMMA, in Collaboration with Scikit-Learn, Launches FACET, Its New Open-Source Library for Human-Explainable Artificial Intelligence - PRNewswire - January 12th, 2021
- How Professors Can Use AI to Improve Their Teaching In Real Time - EdSurge - January 12th, 2021
- Calling all rock stars: hire the right data scientist talent for your business - IDG Connect - January 12th, 2021
- Companies hiring data scientists in NYC and how much they pay - Business Insider - January 12th, 2021
- Which Technology Jobs Will Require AI and Machine Learning Skills? - Dice Insights - January 12th, 2021
- This Is the Best Place to Buy Groceries, New Data Finds | Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - January 12th, 2021
- Associate Professor of Fisheries Oceanography named a Cooperative Institute for the North Atlantic Region (CINAR) Fellow - UMass Dartmouth - January 12th, 2021
- Rapid Insight To Host Free Webinar, Building on Data: From Raw Piles to Data Science - PR Web - January 12th, 2021
- Data Science for Social Good Programme helps Ofsted and World Bank - India Education Diary - January 12th, 2021
- Save 98% off the Complete Excel, VBA, and Data Science Certification Training Bundle - Neowin - January 12th, 2021
- Ilia Dub and Jasper Yip join Oliver Wyman's Asia partnership - Consultancy.asia - January 12th, 2021
- Poor data flows hampered governments Covid-19 response, says the Science and Technology Committee - ComputerWeekly.com - January 12th, 2021
- Healthcare Innovations: Predictions for 2021 Based on the Viewpoints of Analytics Thought Leaders and Industry Experts | Quantzig - Business Wire - January 12th, 2021
- AI Update: Provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act Signal the Importance of AI to American Competitiveness - Lexology - January 12th, 2021
- Data scientists gather 'chaos into something organized' - University of Miami - November 11th, 2020
- Endowed Chair of Data Science job with Baylor University | 299439 - The Chronicle of Higher Education - November 11th, 2020
- 2020 AI and Data Science in Retail Industry Ongoing Market Situation with Manufacturing Opportunities: Amazon Web Services, Baidu Inc., BloomReach... - November 11th, 2020
- Data Science Platform Market Research Growth by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast Analysis to 2026 - Eurowire - November 11th, 2020
- Addressing the skills shortage in data science and analytics - IT-Online - November 11th, 2020
- Risks and benefits of an AI revolution in medicine - Harvard Gazette - November 11th, 2020
- IPG Unveils New-And-Improved Copy For Data: It's Not Your Father's 'Targeting' 11/11/2020 - MediaPost Communications - November 11th, 2020
- Data Science and Machine-Learning Platforms Market Size, Drivers, Potential Growth Opportunities, Competitive Landscape, Trends And Forecast To 2027 -... - November 11th, 2020
- Industrial Access Control Market 2020-28 use of data science in agriculture to maximize yields and efficiency with top key players - TechnoWeekly - November 11th, 2020
- Global Data Science Platform Market Report 2020 Industry Trends, Share and Size, Complete Data Analysis across the Region and Globe, Opportunities and... - November 11th, 2020