If you asked someone what their favorite place to get groceries is, would you be surprised if they said Amazon? A new report reveals that it's the top place to shop for groceries, based on consumers' preferences.
According to dunnhumby, the global leader in consumer data science, Amazon reigned supreme in the platform's fourth annual Retailer Preference Index (RPI)an exhaustive, nationwide study of best places to buy groceries, which takes consumers' emotional connection to grocery chains as well as prices into consideration. (Related: 8 Grocery Items That May Soon Be in Short Supply.)
In the report, dunnhumby surveyed roughly 10,000 U.S. households about their preferred grocers, and of the 56 retailers included, Amazon dominated the scene. It received the highest overall customer preference score in the first quartile. Behind Amazon is the former winner, H-E-B, followed by Trader Joe's, Wegman's, and Aldi's.
Last year, Amazon placed third in the overall RPI but has now jumped to first place, primarily because of how well-positioned it was to deliver on many of the key areas measured in the index such as speed (second place) and digital (first place). The online retailer took 11th place in the price category, ensuring a strong product value.
The report evaluated seven drivers of customer preference, including price, quality, digital, operations, convenience, discounts, rewards & information, and speed. In addition, it assessed how likely a retailer's customer value proposition will set the company up for long-term financial success.
As of this year, the data science platform also factored in a Covid Momentum Metric, which explores the short-term financial successes each retailer experienced during the pandemic, and Amazon (to no surprise) claimed the first spot in that category, as well.
"Amazon accelerated past every other retailer on our Covid Momentum Metric and customer safety ratings, due to its speed to shop and virtual store format. As we begin to emerge from the pandemic, we should expect value perception to come back strongly. Beyond Covid, retailers with Customer First strategies will best adapt to changing behaviors and deliver what matters most to their customers," said Grant Steadman, President of North America for dunnhumby in a statement.
For more, be sure to check out6 Grocery Stores That Are Already Offering the COVID-19 Vaccine.
Go here to see the original:
- BCG GAMMA, in Collaboration with Scikit-Learn, Launches FACET, Its New Open-Source Library for Human-Explainable Artificial Intelligence - PRNewswire - January 12th, 2021
- How Professors Can Use AI to Improve Their Teaching In Real Time - EdSurge - January 12th, 2021
- Calling all rock stars: hire the right data scientist talent for your business - IDG Connect - January 12th, 2021
- Companies hiring data scientists in NYC and how much they pay - Business Insider - January 12th, 2021
- Which Technology Jobs Will Require AI and Machine Learning Skills? - Dice Insights - January 12th, 2021
- Associate Professor of Fisheries Oceanography named a Cooperative Institute for the North Atlantic Region (CINAR) Fellow - UMass Dartmouth - January 12th, 2021
- Rapid Insight To Host Free Webinar, Building on Data: From Raw Piles to Data Science - PR Web - January 12th, 2021
- Data Science for Social Good Programme helps Ofsted and World Bank - India Education Diary - January 12th, 2021
- Save 98% off the Complete Excel, VBA, and Data Science Certification Training Bundle - Neowin - January 12th, 2021
- Ilia Dub and Jasper Yip join Oliver Wyman's Asia partnership - Consultancy.asia - January 12th, 2021
- Poor data flows hampered governments Covid-19 response, says the Science and Technology Committee - ComputerWeekly.com - January 12th, 2021
- Healthcare Innovations: Predictions for 2021 Based on the Viewpoints of Analytics Thought Leaders and Industry Experts | Quantzig - Business Wire - January 12th, 2021
- AI Update: Provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act Signal the Importance of AI to American Competitiveness - Lexology - January 12th, 2021
- Data scientists gather 'chaos into something organized' - University of Miami - November 11th, 2020
- Endowed Chair of Data Science job with Baylor University | 299439 - The Chronicle of Higher Education - November 11th, 2020
- 2020 AI and Data Science in Retail Industry Ongoing Market Situation with Manufacturing Opportunities: Amazon Web Services, Baidu Inc., BloomReach... - November 11th, 2020
- Data Science Platform Market Research Growth by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast Analysis to 2026 - Eurowire - November 11th, 2020
- Addressing the skills shortage in data science and analytics - IT-Online - November 11th, 2020
- UTSA to break ground on $90 million School of Data Science and National Security Collaboration Center - Construction Review - November 11th, 2020
- Risks and benefits of an AI revolution in medicine - Harvard Gazette - November 11th, 2020
- IPG Unveils New-And-Improved Copy For Data: It's Not Your Father's 'Targeting' 11/11/2020 - MediaPost Communications - November 11th, 2020
- Data Science and Machine-Learning Platforms Market Size, Drivers, Potential Growth Opportunities, Competitive Landscape, Trends And Forecast To 2027 -... - November 11th, 2020
- Industrial Access Control Market 2020-28 use of data science in agriculture to maximize yields and efficiency with top key players - TechnoWeekly - November 11th, 2020
- Global Data Science Platform Market Report 2020 Industry Trends, Share and Size, Complete Data Analysis across the Region and Globe, Opportunities and... - November 11th, 2020