You have probably heard that artificial intelligence could be used to do lots of impressive tasks and jobs. AI can help designers and artists make quick tweaks to visuals. AI can also help researchers identify fake images or connect touch and sense. AI is being used to program websites and apps by combining symbolic reasoning and deep learning. Basically, artificial intelligence goes beyond deep learning. Here are five reasons why AI is important to you.
It is no news that AI will replace repetitive jobs. It literally means that these kinds of jobs will be automated, like what robots are currently doing in a myriad of factories. Robots are rendering the humans that are supposed to do those tasks practically jobless.
And it goes further than that many white collar tasks in the fields of law, hospitality, marketing, healthcare, accounting, and others are adversely affected. The situation seems scary because scientists are just scratching the surface as extensive research and development of AI. AI is advancing rapidly (and it is more accessible to everybody).
Some believe that AI can create even more new jobs than ever before. According to this school of thought, AI will be the most significant job engine the world has ever seen. Artificial intelligence will eliminate low-skilled jobs and effectively create massive high-skilled job opportunities that will span all sectors of the economy.
For example, if AI becomes fully adapt to language translation, it will create a considerable demand for high-skilled human translators. If the costs of essential translations drop to nearly zero, this will encourage MORE companies that need this particular service to expand their business operations abroad.
To those who speak different languages than the community in which they reside, this help will inevitably create more work for high-skilled translators, boost more economic activities. As a result of this, and more people will be employed in these companies due to the increased workload.
Boosting international trade it one of the most significant benefits of our global times. So yes, AI will eliminate some jobs, but it will create many, many more.
AI can be used extensively in the healthcare industry. It is applicable in automated operations, predictive diagnostics, preventive interventions, precision surgery, and a host of other clinical operations. Some individuals predict that AI will completelyreshape the healthcare landscape for the better.
And here are some of the applications of artificial intelligence in healthcare:
AI is also used in the agriculture industry extensively. Robots can be used to plant seeds, fertilized crops and administer pesticides, among a lot of other uses. Farmers can use a drone to monitor the cultivation of crops and also collect data for analysis.
The value-add data will be used to increase the final output. How? The data collected is analyzed by AI on such variables as crop health and soil conditions, boosting final production, and it can also be used in harvesting, especially for crops that are difficult to gather.
AI is changing the workplace, and there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic. It is used to do lots of tedious and lengthy tasks, especially the low-skilled types of jobs that are labor-intensive. It means that employees will be retasked away from boring jobs and bring significant and positive change in the workplace.
For instance, artificial intelligence is used in the automotive industry to do repetitive tasks such as performing a routine operation in the assembly line, for example. Allowing a robot to care for well, robotic-tasks, has created a shift in the workforce.
Auto accidents are one of the most popular types of accidents that happen in America. It kills thousands of people annually. A whopping 95 percent of these accidents are caused byhuman error, meaning accidents are avoidable.
The number of accident cases will reduce as artificial intelligence is being introduced into the industry by the use of self-driving cars. On-going research in the auto industry is looking at ways AI can be used to improve traffic conditions.
Smart systems are currently in place in many cities that are used to analyze traffic lights at the intersections. Avoiding congestion leads to safer movements of vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrians.
Artificial intelligence is very useful in all industries as more research is being done to advance it. The advancements in this AI tech will be most useful if it is understood and trusted. An important part of it is that artificial intelligence and related technologies such as drones, robots, and autonomous vehicles can create around tens of millions of jobs over the next decade.
Having more jobs created not less will be great news for everyone. More jobs will help boost the GDP of the economy. Advancement in AI and its impressive computational power has already led to the concept of supercomputers and beyond.
Elena Randall is a Content Creator Who works for Top Software Companies, provides a top 10 list of top software development companies within the world. She is passionate about reading and writing.
- Reality Check: The Benefits of Artificial Intelligence - AiThority - May 27th, 2020
- Coronavirus tests the value of artificial intelligence in medicine - FierceHealthcare - May 27th, 2020
- Opinion: Artificial intelligence should be integrated into our workforce - Los Angeles Times - May 27th, 2020
- How artificial intelligence is keeping time-critical shipments on track during pandemic - FreightWaves - May 27th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact: A Mix of Challenges and Opportunities | Artificial Intelligence-as-a-Service (AIaaS) Market 2020-2024 | Growing Adoption of Cloud... - May 27th, 2020
- Rimini Street Speeds Software Issue Resolution by 23% with New Artificial Intelligence Applications - Business Wire - May 27th, 2020
- Coronavirus Update: Recent FTC Guidance on the Use of Artificial Intelligence and Algorithms in the Age of COVID-19 - Government Contracts Legal Forum - May 27th, 2020
- AIDP and Andy Khawaja Set Sights on Bringing Artificial Intelligence to Mars - Business Wire - May 27th, 2020
- These Wonks Study the Dangers of Artificial Intelligence. To Get You to Pay Attention, They Wrote a Thriller. - Washingtonian - May 27th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Market to Reach USD 202.57 Billion by 2026; Rising Demand for Cloud-based Applications to Aid Growth: Fortune Business... - May 27th, 2020
- The Robot Artists Arent Coming - The New York Times - May 27th, 2020
- Top Artificial Intelligence Trends that will Change the Decade - Analytics Insight - May 27th, 2020
- Commonwealth deploys artificial intelligence-powered online tool to help Virginians self-screen for COVID-19 - Southwest Times - May 27th, 2020
- Durr brings artificial intelligence to the paint shop - Autocar Professional - May 27th, 2020
- Telefonica SA : Telefnica offers start-ups its IoT, blockchain and artificial intelligence technology to help them boost their business -... - May 27th, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence Can Help Aviation Industry With Contactless Flying Amid The Crisis - Analytics India Magazine - May 27th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence - Ascension Glossary - May 23rd, 2020
- 10 Steps to Adopting Artificial Intelligence in Your ... - May 23rd, 2020
- Can Artificial Intelligence Be Smarter Than a Person ... - May 23rd, 2020
- 5 Strong Buy Artificial Intelligence Stocks - May 23rd, 2020
- Artificial intelligence data privacy issues on the rise - May 23rd, 2020
- Coronavirus tests the value of artificial intelligence in medicine - FierceBiotech - May 23rd, 2020
- Marshaling artificial intelligence in the fight against Covid-19 - MIT News - May 23rd, 2020
- An AI future set to take over post-Covid world | The ... - May 23rd, 2020
- Coronavirus puts artificial intelligence to the test - Los Angeles Times - May 23rd, 2020
- Powering the Artificial Intelligence Revolution - HPCwire - May 23rd, 2020
- UM partners with artificial intelligence leader Atomwise to pursue COVID-19 therapies - UM Today - May 23rd, 2020
- BMW is using Artificial Intelligence to paint its cars for a perfect result - Hindustan Times - May 23rd, 2020
- Harness artificial intelligence and take control your health - Newswise - May 23rd, 2020
- Exploring Artificial Intelligence Variants and Their Uses - RTInsights - May 23rd, 2020
- Importance and Benefits of Artificial intelligence for Patent Searching - Express Computer - May 23rd, 2020
- SUSE infuses portfolio with artificial intelligence and edge technology - SiliconANGLE - May 23rd, 2020
- 7 Types Of Artificial Intelligence - Forbes - May 17th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence is struggling to cope with how the world has changed - ZDNet - May 17th, 2020
- A New Way To Think About Artificial Intelligence With This ETF - MarketWatch - May 17th, 2020
- How Is Artificial Intelligence Combatting COVID-19? - Gigabit Magazine - Technology News, Magazine and Website - May 17th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Is Nothing Without Humans - E3zine.com - May 17th, 2020
- The Expanding Role Of Artificial Intelligence In Tax - Forbes - May 17th, 2020
- Five Important Subsets of Artificial Intelligence - Analytics Insight - May 17th, 2020
- This Man Created A Perfect AC/DC Song By Using Artificial Intelligence - Kerrang! - May 17th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Markets in IVD, 2019-2024: Breakdown by Application and Component - GlobeNewswire - May 17th, 2020
- TSA Issues Road Map to Tackle Insider Threat With Artificial Intelligence - Nextgov - May 17th, 2020
- COVID-19 identification in X-ray images by Artificial intelligence - News Anyway - May 10th, 2020
- Robots and Artificial Intelligence | HowStuffWorks - May 6th, 2020
- A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence | Live Science - May 6th, 2020
- Top 18 Artificial Intelligence Platforms in 2020 - Reviews ... - May 6th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Algorithms For Beginners | Edureka - May 6th, 2020
- Women wanted: Why now could be a good time for women to pursue a career in AI - CNBC - May 6th, 2020
- Global Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture Industry (2020 to 2026) - Developing Countries to Offer Significant Growth Opportunities - GlobeNewswire - May 6th, 2020
- Does An Invention Discovered With Artificial Intelligence Obtain Patent Protection? - JD Supra - May 6th, 2020
- The Impending Artificial Intelligence Revolution in Healthcare - Op-Ed - HIT Consultant - May 6th, 2020
- Intuality Inc.'s Artificial Intelligence Making Accurate Predictions of Coronavirus Cases and Deaths - PRNewswire - May 6th, 2020
- How is Artificial Intelligence Disrupting the Media and Entertainment Sector? | Head to Quantzig's Recent Article for Comprehensive Insights -... - May 6th, 2020
- How Artificial Intelligence could help Wales prevent the spread of Covid-19 - Nation.Cymru - May 6th, 2020
- FTC Provides Guidance on Using Artificial Intelligence and Algorithms - JD Supra - May 6th, 2020
- Boosted.ai Raises $8 Million in Series A Funding to Bring Artificial Intelligence in Investment Management to the Mainstream - Financial Post - May 6th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence is predicting coronavirus outbreaks before they start - TechRepublic - May 6th, 2020
- Customer experience, innovation, artificial intelligence, culture.a look inside Amazon Interview with Claire Whitaker - Customer Think - May 6th, 2020
- How China used robots, drones and artificial intelligence to control the spread of the coronavirus - MarketWatch - May 6th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in BFSI Market Latest State Of Affairs On Innovation, Revolutionary Opportunities Customers 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 6th, 2020
- Top Benefits And Risks of Artificial Intelligence ... - April 28th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence | Wookieepedia | Fandom - April 28th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Podcast | AI Podcast | Lex Fridman - April 28th, 2020
- When Did Artificial Intelligence Get Big? - The Atlantic - April 28th, 2020
- 6 Predictions for the Future of Artificial Intelligence in ... - April 28th, 2020
- Business Innovation: How Artificial Intelligence Is ... - April 28th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence will be used to power cyberattacks, warn security experts - ZDNet - April 28th, 2020
- Tips On Introducing Artificial Intelligence In Your Business - Forbes - April 28th, 2020
- What Opportunities are Appearing Thanks to AI, Artificial Intelligence? - We Heart - April 28th, 2020
- MIT conference reveals the power of using artificial intelligence to discover new drugs - MIT News - April 28th, 2020
- How artificial intelligence is helping scientists find a coronavirus treatment - Brandeis University - April 28th, 2020
- Reducing the carbon footprint of artificial intelligence - MIT News - April 28th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in the Indian Manufacturing Industry, 2020: Trends, Insights, Use Cases, Case Studies - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - April 28th, 2020
- April 2020: The Increasing Importance of Trade Secret Protection for Artificial Intelligence - JD Supra - April 28th, 2020
- The ethics of artificial intelligence and automation amid a global pandemic - Morning Star Online - April 28th, 2020
- Artificial intelligence can take banks to the next level - TechRepublic - April 28th, 2020
- Riding the wave of artificial intelligence with Sensitrust - Blockmanity - April 28th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence (Not Only) for Business: What is Artificial Intelligence? - The Slovak Spectator - April 28th, 2020
- Outbreak Science: Using artificial intelligence to track the coronavirus pandemic - 60 Minutes - CBS News - April 28th, 2020
- Concept Clash: Ex Machina vs. Her and the Best of Artificial Intelligence - Popcorn Talk Network - April 28th, 2020