The year 2020 has witnessed some massive transformations of the decade with countries going under lockdown and millions of professionals losing their jobs overnight. Post seven months of isolation, when things are now beginning to return to normal, businesses have started looking to survive the post-COVID era. With tech professionals becoming a critical asset amid this crisis, companies have started putting out their resources for recruiting the right tech talent to remain relevant. And, thus, there has been a gradual rise in demand for professionals with advanced technical skills.
While tech skills have always been sought after, some skills are expected to gain more traction than others in the post-COVID world. In fact, various reports and studies conducted at the beginning of year highlighted a rise in domains like artificial intelligence, deep learning, data analytics and machine learning. Despite the lockdown, these domains continued to develop at a steady pace.
According to a recent study done by Analytics India Magazine, it has been noted that open jobs for analytics professionals have the highest proportion at 33.7%, which is then followed by machine learning at 20.4% and cybersecurity at 15.4%. This could be attributed to the immense amount of data that is generated in every transaction across B2B and B2C segments. Such data also shows that despite the recession, there is still a requirement for data analysis and automation to reduce redundancies, and to safeguard critical data.
Also Read: Why Indian IT Professionals Are Looking To Upskill Themselves In Cloud Computing
To remain relevant in the era beyond COVID, businesses are critically looking for tech talent and skills that can help them adapt to the new change. And for that, artificial intelligence and machine learning have turned out to be the critical skills that are creating a buzz in the industry. Not only the technologies have vast use cases in the industry but are also helping in significant innovations for the post-pandemic world.
With businesses expected to automate their operations and primary manual roles, the requirement for AI and ML experts have been on the rise. As a matter of fact, LinkedIns job report for this year noted that the hiring growth for AI specialists has grown to 74% annually in the past few years. On the other hand, according to another job portal, Indeed, the average base salary of a machine learning engineer is $145,539 per year in the US and a median wage of 13.6 Lakhs in India.
The data show that in spite of the economic downturn, the requirement for AI and ML talents has to be steady without any decrease in their salaries. The report further noted that skills like TensorFlow, Python, Natural Language Processing are the highest in demand and thus will be critical for professionals to land on AI/ML jobs.
Agreeing to this, Ammar Jagirdar, Product Head at Qure.ai said, while the demand for skilled data scientists and engineers has always been strong, in the post COVID era, we appreciate the importance of adaptability. Our world has changed rapidly and may transform further, but well be ready for these challenges, said Jagirdar. At Qure, we are looking for candidates with experience in deep learning R&D and product deployment, specifically for healthcare. We are also presently hiring for data science positions as well as front-end and back-end engineering roles.
Even Lakshya Sivaramakrishnan, Program Lead at Google believes that machine learning and data science will be the tech skills that will massively gain traction in the post COVID era. This is because more and more companies will be looking for more adaptability and flexibility post the pandemic and would adapt to the required change to stay relevant. However, she also believes that businesses cannot keep building models without having professionals with engineering standpoint, and thats where mean stack developers come into play.
Indeed shared a recent report on top ten most in-demand tech jobs, which highlighted a 30% growth in tech jobs listings and how developers, systems integration engineers and SAS programmers are most coveted. It stated that the average annual salary of a software engineer manager has increased to $144,793 and a SAS ABAP developers highest salary earring is $139,920. These numbers highlight the increased requirement of these lucrative skills in the industry.
With that being said, no one can deny the importance of AI and ML in almost every industry, including healthcare, finance, retail, manufacturing, education, etc. When asked, Abhinav Tushar, Head of AI at Vernacular.ai, stated that, with machine learning gaining traction, there is more demand for work involving automated analysis of the text, audio and video media content. Therefore, I think ML for analysis on speech/text has overall been exceptionally high in demand in recent times.
Thus, the possibilities are endless, and one can apply machine learning skills to every requirement starting from developing chatbots for better customer service to improving workplace communication and enhancing cybersecurity. Thus professionals who are delving into the fields of AI and ML are definitely going to be most in-demand for the post-COVID world.
With such evidence in hand, it can be established that the post-COVID world will be way advanced than today with enterprises adopting emerging technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning. Since AI and ML will be the new norm rather than the exception, it is critical for companies as well as professionals to look at their strategies and find ways to delve into these evolving fields to stay relevant post-COVID.
Sejuti currently works as Senior Technology Journalist at Analytics India Magazine (AIM). Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
See the original post:
AI/ML Remains The Most In-Demand Tech Skill Post COVID - Analytics India Magazine
- Bridging the Skills Gap for AI and Machine Learning - Integration Developers - October 23rd, 2020
- Nudges and machine learning triples advanced care conversations - Penn Today - October 23rd, 2020
- Machine Learning and AI Can Now Create Plastics That Easily Degrade - Science Times - October 23rd, 2020
- insitro Strengthens Machine Learning-Based Drug Discovery Capabilities with Acquisition of Haystack Sciences - Business Wire - October 23rd, 2020
- Revolutionizing IoT with Machine Learning at the Edge | Perceive's Steve Teig - IoT For All - October 23rd, 2020
- Mastercard Says its AI and Machine Learning Solutions Aim to Stop Fraudulent Activites which have Increased Significantly due to COVID - Crowdfund... - October 23rd, 2020
- Abstract Perspective: Long-term PM2.5 Exposure and the Clinical Application of Machine Learning for Predicting Incident Atrial Fibrillation - DocWire... - October 23rd, 2020
- Machine-Learning Inference Chip Travels to the Edge - Electronic Design - October 23rd, 2020
- Machine Learning Data Catalog Software Market share forecast to witness considerable growth from 2020 to 2025 | By Top Leading Vendors IBM, Alation,... - October 23rd, 2020
- AI and machine learning: a gift, and a curse, for cybersecurity - Healthcare IT News - October 21st, 2020
- Teaming Up with Arm, NXP Ups Its Place in the Machine Learning Industry - News - All About Circuits - October 21st, 2020
- Machine Learning Capabilities Come to the Majority of Open Source Databases with MindsDB AI-Tables - PR Web - October 21st, 2020
- Soleadify secures seed funding for database that uses machine learning to track 40M businesses - TechCrunch - October 21st, 2020
- NXP Announces Expansion of its Scalable Machine Learning Portfolio and Capabilities - GlobeNewswire - October 21st, 2020
- NXP Invests in Au-Zone to Enhance Machine Learning Capabilities - Mobile ID World - October 21st, 2020
- Factories of The Future Are Using Machine Learning Analytics to Optimize Assets - Embedded Computing Design - October 21st, 2020
- Lantronix Brings Advanced AI and Machine Learning to Smart Cameras With New Open-Q 610 SOM Based on the Powerful Qualcomm QCS610 System on Chip (SOC)... - October 21st, 2020
- EMA Webinar to Uncover How Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics Can Improve Workload Automation Outcomes - PR Web - October 21st, 2020
- How To Choose The Best Machine Learning Algorithm For A Particular Problem? - Analytics India Magazine - October 21st, 2020
- AI and Machine Learning Technologies Expected to Play a Key Role in Expanding Multi Billion Dollar Digital Banking Sector: Report - Crowdfund Insider - October 21st, 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Amazon AI executive explains three things every business needs to address before using machine lear - Business Insider India - October 21st, 2020
- Photoshops AI neural filters can tweak age and expression with a few clicks - The Verge - October 21st, 2020
- Futurism Reinforces Its Next-Gen Business Commerce Platform With Advanced Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Capabilities - Yahoo Finance - October 15th, 2020
- Purebase Enhances Its Board of Advisors with An Expert on Machine Learning and Cheminformatics - GlobeNewswire - October 15th, 2020
- How to Beat Analysts and the Stock Market with Machine Learning - Knowledge@Wharton - October 15th, 2020
- Synopsys and SiMa.ai Collaborate to Bring Machine Learning Inference at Scale to the Embedded Edge - AiThority - October 15th, 2020
- Robotic Interviews, Machine Learning And the Future Of Workforce Recruitment - Entrepreneur - October 15th, 2020
- Top 8 Books on Machine Learning In Cybersecurity One Must Read - Analytics India Magazine - October 15th, 2020
- AI and Machine Learning Can Help Fintechs if We Focus on Practical Implementation and Move Away from Overhyped Narratives, Researcher Says - Crowdfund... - October 15th, 2020
- AI and Machine Learning Can Help FIs Avoid Riskbut They Have Risk of Their Own - PR Web - October 15th, 2020
- Machine learning for rowdy roadies: Cops and tech to rein in traffic offenders - Bangalore Mirror - October 15th, 2020
- Automated ATOs and cybersecurity - FCW.com - October 15th, 2020
- Experian partners with Standard Chartered to drive Financial Inclusion with Machine Learning, powering the next generation of Decisioning - Yahoo... - October 15th, 2020
- Machine Learning Answers: Facebook Stock Is Down 20% In A Month, What Are The Chances It'll Rebound? - Trefis - September 22nd, 2020
- Machine Learning in Education Market Incredible Possibilities, Growth Analysis and Forecast To 2025 - The Daily Chronicle - September 22nd, 2020
- Proximity matters: Using machine learning and geospatial analytics to reduce COVID-19 exposure risk - Healthcare IT News - September 22nd, 2020
- Global Machine Learning Market Tends To Show Steady Growth Post Pandemic With Regional Overview and Top Key Players - Verdant News - September 22nd, 2020
- PREDICTING THE OPTIMUM PATH - Port Strategy - September 22nd, 2020
- Panalgo Brings the Power of Machine-Learning to the Healthcare Industry Via Its IHD Software - AiThority - September 15th, 2020
- Microchip Partners with Machine-Learning (ML) Software Leaders to Simplify AI-at-the-Edge Design Using its 32-Bit Microcontrollers (MCUs) - EE Journal - September 15th, 2020
- What is 'custom machine learning' and why is it important for programmatic optimisation? - The Drum - September 15th, 2020
- PODCAST: NVIDIA's Director of Data Science Talks Machine Learning for Airlines and Aerospace - Aviation Today - September 15th, 2020
- The Use of Machine Learning to Forecast Progression to Advanced AMD - DocWire News - September 15th, 2020
- How Can Machine Learning Help the Teaching Profession? - FE News - September 15th, 2020
- Global Machine Learning in Automobile Market: Development History, Current Analysis and Estimated Forecast to 2024 - The Market Correspondent - September 15th, 2020
- Using machine learning to organize the chemical diversity - Tech Explorist - September 15th, 2020
- Dashboard AI Announces Its Technology Vision for the Foodservice and Hospitality Industry - PRNewswire - September 15th, 2020
- Alfa Releases Second Paper on AI, Using Machine Learning in the Wild - Monitor Daily - September 10th, 2020
- Combatting COVID-19 misinformation with machine learning (VB Live) - VentureBeat - September 10th, 2020
- This artist used machine learning to create realistic portraits of Roman emperors - The World - September 10th, 2020
- Domino Data Lab Named a Leader in Notebook-Based Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning Evaluation by Global Research Firm - Business Wire - September 10th, 2020
- Demonstration Of What-If Tool For Machine Learning Model Investigation - Analytics India Magazine - September 10th, 2020
- RXA to Participate in 2nd Annual A2.AI Conference focused on Machine Learning & Applied AI - PR Web - September 10th, 2020
- 50 Data Science and Analysts Jobs That Opened Just Last Week - Analytics India Magazine - September 10th, 2020
- FSS Launches Next Gen Recon with Machine Learning and Cloud Support - TechGenyz - September 10th, 2020
- Getting to the heart of machine learning and complex humans - The Irish Times - August 28th, 2020
- Global Machine Learning Courses Market Trends, Key Driven Factors, Segmentation And Forecast To 2020-2026 - The Scarlet - August 28th, 2020
- AI and Machine Learning Network Fetch.ai Partners Open-Source Blockchain Protocol Waves to Conduct R&D on DLT - Crowdfund Insider - August 28th, 2020
- UT Austin Selected as Home of National AI Institute Focused on Machine Learning - UT News | The University of Texas at Austin - August 26th, 2020
- Participation-washing could be the next dangerous fad in machine learning - MIT Technology Review - August 26th, 2020
- The Role of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the... - Insurance CIO Outlook - August 26th, 2020
- Machine Learning Artificial intelligence Market Size and Growth By Leading Vendors, By Types and Application, By End Users and Forecast to 2020-2027 -... - August 26th, 2020
- Air Force Taps Machine Learning to Speed Up Flight Certifications - Nextgov - August 26th, 2020
- What is AutoML and Why Should Your Business Consider It - BizTech Magazine - August 26th, 2020
- Chatbots Are Machine Learning Their Way To Human Language - Forbes - August 26th, 2020
- Explainable AI: From the peak of inflated expectations to the pitfalls of interpreting machine learning models - ZDNet - August 26th, 2020
- Focusing on ethical AI in business and government - FierceElectronics - August 26th, 2020
- Amazon's Machine Learning University To Make Its Online Courses Available To The Public - Analytics India Magazine - August 14th, 2020
- Watch 3 Videos from Coursera's New "Machine Learning for Everyone" - Machine Learning Times - machine learning & data science news - The... - August 14th, 2020
- PhD Research Fellowship in Machine Learning for Cognitive Power Management job with NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU | 219138 -... - August 14th, 2020
- Machine learning is pivotal to every line of business, every organisation must have an ML strategy - BusinessLine - August 14th, 2020
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Anyscale Hosts Inaugural Ray Summit on Scalable Python and Scalable Machine Learning - Yahoo Finance - August 14th, 2020
- Why GPT-3 Heralds a Democratic Revolution in Tech - Built In - August 14th, 2020
- BMW, Red Hat, and Malong Share Insights on AI and Machine Learning During Transform 2020 - ENGINEERING.com - August 14th, 2020
- Algorithm created by deep learning finds potential therapeutic targets throughout the human genome - National Science Foundation - August 14th, 2020
- Ensighten Launches Client-Side Threat Intelligence Initiative and Invests in Machine Learning - WFMZ Allentown - August 6th, 2020
- Hey software developers, youre approaching machine learning the wrong way - The Next Web - August 6th, 2020
- Introducing The AI & Machine Learning Imperative - MIT Sloan - August 6th, 2020
- Who Does the Machine Learning and Data Science Work? - Customer Think - August 6th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Path to Intelligent Automation - Embedded Computing Design - August 6th, 2020