Leveraging innovation in technology to provide access to credit during uncertain times to populations underserved by formal financial services.
This social impact was made possible by the Bank's digital first strategy and Experian's best-in-class decisioning platform. Experian's software enables the Bank to analyse a high volume of alternative data and execute machine learning models for better decision-making and risk management.
Since the first pilot implementation in India in December 2019, the Bank saw an improvement in approvals by increasing overall acceptance rates using big data and artificial intelligence. This enhanced risk management capabilities to test and learn, helping to expand access to crucial credit and financial services.
The Bank and Experian are committed to financial inclusion, with plans for rollouts across 6 more markets across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
SINGAPORE, Oct. 15, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Experian a leading global information services company has announced a partnership with leading international banking group Standard Chartered to drive financial access across key markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East by leveraging the latest technology innovation in credit decisioning. Without enough credit bureau data for financial institutions to determine their credit worthiness, especially in this time of unprecedented volatility, many underbanked communities are facing difficulties securing access to loans.
The collaboration involves Experian's leading global decisioning solution, PowerCurve Strategy Manager, integrated with machine learning capabilities that will enable deployment of advanced analytics to help organisations make the most of their data. In support of Standard Chartered's digital-first transformation strategy, this state-of-the-art machine learning capability provides the Bank with the ability to ingest and analyse a high volume of non-Bank or, with client consent, alternative data, enabling faster, more effective and accurate credit decisioning, resulting in better risk management for the Bank and better outcomes from clients.
Launched in India in December 2019, Standard Chartered registered positive business outcomes such as increased acceptance rates and reduced overall delinquencies. The success in India meant that Standard Chartered is now able to improve risk management for more clients who previously would have been underbanked, empowering them with access to crucial credit and financial services in their time of need.
Beyond benefits to consumers, access to credit is vital for overall economic growth, with consumer spending helping businesses continue to operate during these difficult times.
"Social and economic growth in developing markets, especially in the coming period, will be driven by progress in financial inclusion. Experian strongly believes that a technology, advanced analytics and data-driven approach can address this opportunity and we remain deeply committed to the vision of progressing financial inclusion for the world's underserved and underbanked population. Our long-standing collaboration with Standard Chartered across our PowerCurve decisioning suite of solutions, leveraging machine learning and big data to advance to the next generation of credit decisioning, is focused on empowering these underbanked communities to access credit," said Mohan Jayaraman, Managing Director, Southeast Asia & Regional Innovation, Experian Asia Pacific.
Reaffirming a commitment towards financial inclusion, Experian and Standard Chartered are working on plans to deploy the solution to its retail franchise across Asia, Africa and the Middle East, in addition to India.
"We're committed to supporting sustainable social and economic development through our business, operations and communities. This partnership helps the Bank manage risk more effectively with a more robust data-driven credit decisioning which in turn enables more clients to gain access to financial services at a time when they need it the most," said Vishu Ramachandran, Group Head, Retail Banking, Standard Chartered.
"Partnerships are central to our digital banking strategy and how we better serve our clients. Experian was a natural choice as a partner given their strong track record in innovation and in driving financial inclusion," said Aalishaan Zaidi, Global Head, Client Experience, Channels & Digital Banking, Standard Chartered.
For more information, please visit Experian's Decisioning & Credit Risk Management solution.
For further information, please contact:
Experian is the world's leading global information services company. During life's big moments from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organisations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 17,800 people operating across 45 countries and every day we're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help all our clients maximise every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Learn more at http://www.experian.com.sg or visit our global content hub at our global news blog for the latest news and insights from the Group.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international banking group, with a presence in 60 of the world's most dynamic markets, and serving clients in a further 85. Our purpose is to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, and our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise, Here for good.
Standard Chartered PLC is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges.
For more stories and expert opinions please visit Insights at sc.com. Follow Standard Chartered on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- First lecture in new speaker series focuses on AI and machine learning - YSU.edu - May 1st, 2021
- Machine learning security vulnerabilities are a growing threat to the web, report highlights - The Daily Swig - May 1st, 2021
- Can machine learning help save the whales? How PNW researchers use tech tools to monitor orcas - GeekWire - May 1st, 2021
- Attabotics Partners With AltaML and Amii to Bolster Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Cap - DC Velocity - May 1st, 2021
- How beverage industry is affected by machine learning & AI | FNB News - fnbnews.com - May 1st, 2021
- Insights and Prediction of Machine Learning in Medical Imaging Global Market (2020-2027) KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - May 1st, 2021
- 3 Applications of Machine Learning and AI in Finance - TAPinto.net - May 1st, 2021
- Latest innovative report on Machine Learning in Medicine Market by 2028| Industry Supply Chain Analysis, Growth Opportunities, and Business... - May 1st, 2021
- A Guide To Machine Learning: Everything You Need To Know - Analytics Insight - April 19th, 2021
- Emerging AI and Machine Learning Trends to Watch in 2021 - FlaglerLive.com - April 19th, 2021
- Smart condition monitoring with IIoT sensors and machine learning - eeNews Europe - April 19th, 2021
- Twitter analysing harmful impacts of its AI, machine learning algorithms - Business Standard - April 19th, 2021
- Twitter Outlines Evolving Approach to Algorithms as Part of New 'Responsible Machine Learning Initiative' - Social Media Today - April 19th, 2021
- Solving the basic problems of machine learning - Federal News Network - April 19th, 2021
- Optimize manufacturing with AI, machine learning and digitalization - The Manufacturer - April 9th, 2021
- How machine learning can revolutionize the quality of hearing - TechHQ - April 9th, 2021
- Savills, MRI Software Announce Expanded Partnership to Accelerate AI and Machine Learning Capabilities for Knowledge Cubed - KPVI News 6 - April 9th, 2021
- PODCAST: rise of the machine (learning) - BlueNotes - April 9th, 2021
- 27 million galaxy morphologies quantified and cataloged with the help of machine learning | Penn Today - Penn Today - April 9th, 2021
- Rackspace Technology Works with Brave Software to Improve Machine Learning Functionality in the Web Browser - Yahoo Finance - April 9th, 2021
- i.MX 8M plus eval kit with machine learning and voice and vision capabilities - Electropages - April 9th, 2021
- Machine Learning in Healthcare Market: Find Out Essential Strategies to expand The Business and Also Check Working in 2021-2029 KSU | The Sentinel... - April 9th, 2021
- The Top 20 Machine Learning Startups To Watch In 2021 - Enterprise Irregulars - April 8th, 2021
- Weaviate is an open-source search engine powered by ML, vectors, graphs, and GraphQL - ZDNet - April 8th, 2021
- Seeking the cellular mechanisms of disease, with help from machine learning - MIT News - April 8th, 2021
- PODCAST: rise of the machine (learning) - BlueNotes - BlueNotes - April 8th, 2021
- Machine Learning in Automotive Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players Analysis ... - April 8th, 2021
- Using "eyes in the sky" and AI to remotely rate insurance risks - Axios - April 8th, 2021
- Pear Therapeutics Expands Platform with Digital Biomarkers, Machine Learning Algorithms and Sensor-Based Technologies - Yahoo Finance - April 8th, 2021
- 5 industries that will see a staggering adoption of Machine Learning in 2021 - Express Computer - April 8th, 2021
- Sift to Host Live Virtual Event Featuring Gartner Analysts on Machine Learning-powered Fraud Detection, Creating Trust and Safety on the Internet -... - April 8th, 2021
- TigerGraph's Graph + AI Summit 2021 to Feature 40+ Sessions, Live Workshops and Speakers from JPMorgan Chase, NewDay, Pinterest, Jaguar Land Rover and... - April 8th, 2021
- AI and Machine Learning Operationalization Software Market to Witness Stellar CA - Business-newsupdate.com - April 8th, 2021
- Apple Reveals a Multi-Mode Planar Engine for a Neural Processor that could be used in A-Series & screamingly fast M1 Processors - Patently Apple - April 8th, 2021
- Foundations of Machine Learning | The MIT Press - April 2nd, 2021
- Increasing the Accessibility of Machine Learning at the Edge - Industry Articles - All About Circuits - April 2nd, 2021
- Splunk : Life as a PM on the Splunk Machine Learning Team - Marketscreener.com - April 2nd, 2021
- Is Machine Learning The Future Of Coffee Health Research? - Sprudge - April 2nd, 2021
- Machine learning tool sets out to find new antimicrobial peptides - Chemistry World - April 2nd, 2021
- Machine learning methods to predict mechanical ventilation and mortality in patients with COVID-19 - DocWire News - April 2nd, 2021
- CW Innovation Awards: Jio Platforms taps machine learning to manage telco network - ComputerWeekly.com - April 2nd, 2021
- Global Machine Learning-as-a-Service (MLaaS) Market Development Strategy, Manufacturers Analysis, COVID-19 impact, and Forecast 2020-2025 The Bisouv... - April 2nd, 2021
- inSearchX Partners with Strategic Vision's Using Machine Learning to Help Customers Find their Ideal Car With Uncanny Accuracy - Business Wire - April 2nd, 2021
- Machine Learning Operationalization Software Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top... - April 2nd, 2021
- 20 Best Machine Learning Books for Beginner & Experts in 2021 - March 18th, 2021
- Machine Learning Engineer vs. Data Scientist | Springboard ... - March 18th, 2021
- Transformer (machine learning model) - Wikipedia - March 18th, 2021
- OctoML raises $28M Series B for its machine learning ... - March 18th, 2021
- What Is Machine Learning? - Blog - I School Online - March 18th, 2021
- In-Depth Guide to Machine Learning in the Enterprise - March 18th, 2021
- How to become a machine learning engineer: A cheat sheet ... - March 18th, 2021
- Machine Learning | The MIT Press - March 18th, 2021
- Creating Machine Learning models in Power BI | Microsoft ... - March 18th, 2021
- Overcoming the Challenges Associated with Machine Learning and AI Strategies - EnterpriseTalk - March 18th, 2021
- Machine Learning Algorithms | Machine Learning | Intellipaat - March 18th, 2021
- Professor of Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning job with UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON | 249199 - Times Higher Education (THE) - March 18th, 2021
- Dascena Announces Publication of Results From Its Machine Learning Algorithm for Prediction of Acute Kidney Injury in Kidney International Reports -... - March 18th, 2021
- Machine learning calculates affinities of drug candidates and targets - Drug Target Review - March 18th, 2021
- What is Machine Learning? | IBM - March 8th, 2021
- Next Raspberry Pi CPU Will Have Machine Learning Built In - Tom's Hardware - March 8th, 2021
- Introducing Helios, The New Corrugated AI/Machine Learning Platform - WhatTheyThink - March 8th, 2021
- SSM Health innovates kidney care with predictive analytics and machine learning - Healthcare IT News - March 6th, 2021
- Revolution by Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning in the healthcare industry - Times Now - March 6th, 2021
- Explainable Machine Learning, Model Transparency, and the Right to Explanation Machine Learning Times - The Predictive Analytics Times - March 6th, 2021
- Raytheon Applies AI, Machine Learning to Defense Tech Modeling, Simulation - Executive Mosaic Media - March 6th, 2021
- Home Lending Pal leverages AI and machine learning to efficiently solve lenders' and borrowers' problems - HousingWire - March 6th, 2021
- Companion Raises $8M Seed Round to Use Machine Learning and Computer Vision to Talk to Dogs - PRNewswire - March 6th, 2021
- March 2021 Machine Learning Times - The Predictive Analytics Times - March 6th, 2021
- An Epic cognitive computing platform primer - Healthcare IT News - February 26th, 2021
- D2iQ Introduces Cloud Native Platform to Accelerate the Deployment of Machine Learning on Kubernetes - PRNewswire - February 26th, 2021
- Machine Learning Engineers Are In High Demand. So, What Do They Do? - Analytics Insight - February 26th, 2021
- Updated Report of Machine Learning Software Market with Current Trends, Drivers, Strategies, Applications and Competitive Landscape 2026 The Bisouv... - February 26th, 2021
- The Machine Learning and Big Data in Risk Evaluation PhD Scholarship - News - The University of Sydney - February 26th, 2021
- Ontario Systems Acquires Pairity to Embed the Power of Machine Learning in Its Industry-Leading Collections Technology - PRNewswire - February 26th, 2021
- Global Machine Learning Market Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2026) by Component, Service, Deployment Model, Organization Size, Vertical, and... - February 26th, 2021
- Is machine learning about to replace traditional coaching? TrainerRoad announces Adaptive Training - BikeRadar.com - February 26th, 2021
- Mental health diagnoses and the role of machine learning - Health Europa - February 14th, 2021
- There Is No Silver Bullet Machine Learning Solution - Analytics India Magazine - February 14th, 2021
- Scientists use machine learning to tackle a big challenge in gene therapy - STAT - February 12th, 2021
- Getting Help from HAL: Applying Machine Learning to Predict Antibiotic Resistance - Contagionlive.com - February 12th, 2021