IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 15, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lantronix Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a global provider of Software as a Service (SaaS), engineering services and hardware for Edge Computing, the Internet of Things (IoT) and Remote Environment Management (REM), today announced the availability of its new Lantronix Open-Q 610 SOM based on the powerful Qualcomm QCS610System on Chip (SOC). This micro System on Module (SOM) is designed for connected visual intelligence applications with high-resolution camera capabilities, on-device artificial intelligence (AI) processing and native Ethernet interface.
Our long and successful relationship with Qualcomm Technologies enables us to deliver powerful micro SOM solutions that can accelerate IoT design and implementation, empowering innovators to create IoT applications that go beyond hardware and enabletheir wildest dreams, said Paul Pickle, CEO of Lantronix.
The new Lantronix ultra-compact (50mm x 25mm), production-ready Open-Q 610 SOM is based on the powerful Qualcomm QCS610SOC, the latest in the Qualcomm Vision Intelligence Platform lineup targeting smart cameras with edge computing. Delivering up to 50 percent improved AI performance than the previous generation as well as image signal processing and sensor processing capabilities, it is designed to bring smart camera technology, including powerful artificial intelligence and machine learning features formerly only available to high-end devices, into mid-tier camera segments, including smart cities, commercial and enterprise, homes and vehicles.
Bringing Advanced AI and Machine Learning to Smart Camera Application
Created to bring advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to smart cameras in multiple vertical markets, the Open-Q 610 SOM is designed for developers seeking to innovate new products utilizing the latest vision and AI edge capabilities, such as smart connected cameras, video conference systems, machine vision and robotics. With the Open-Q 610 SOM, developers gain a pre-tested, pre-certified, production-ready computing module that reduces risk and expedites innovative product development.
The Open-Q 610 SOM provides the core computing capabilities for:
Connectivity solutions include Wi-Fi/BT, Gigabit Ethernet, multiple USB ports and three-camera interfaces.
The Lantronix Open-Q 610 SOM provides advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities that enable developers to innovate new product designs, including smart connected cameras, video conference systems, machine vision and robotics, said Jonathan Shipman, VP of Strategy at Lantronix Inc. Lantronix micro SOMs and solutions enable IoT device makers to jumpstart new product development and accelerate time-to-market by shortening the design cycle, reducing development risk and simplifying the manufacturing process.
Open-Q 610 Development Kit
The companion Open-Q 610 Development Kit is a full-featured platform with available software tools, documentation and optional accessories. It delivers everything required to immediately begin evaluation and initial product development.
The development kit integrates the production-ready OpenQ 610 SOM with a carrier board, providing numerous expansion and connectivity options to support development and testing of peripherals and applications. The development kit, along with the available documentation, also provides a proven reference design for custom carrier boards, providing a low-risk fast track to market for new products.
In addition to production-ready SOMs, development platforms and tools, Lantronix offers turnkey product development services, driver and application software development and technical support.
For more information, visit Open-Q 610 SOM and Open Q 610 SOM Development kit.
Lantronix Inc. is a global provider of software as a service (SaaS), engineering services and hardware for Edge Computing, the Internet of Things (IoT) and Remote Environment Management (REM). Lantronix enables its customers to provide reliable and secure solutions while accelerating their time to market. Lantronixs products and services dramatically simplify operations through the creation, development, deployment and management of customer projects at scale while providing quality, reliability and security.
Lantronixs portfolio of services and products address each layer of the IoT Stack, including Collect, Connect, Compute, Control and Comprehend, enabling its customers to deploy successful IoT and REM solutions. Lantronixs services and products deliver a holistic approach, addressing its customers needs by integrating a SaaS management platform with custom application development layered on top of external and embedded hardware, enabling intelligent edge computing, secure communications (wired, Wi-Fi and cellular), location and positional tracking and environmental sensing and reporting.
With three decades of proven experience in creating robust industry and customer-specific solutions, Lantronix is an innovator in enabling its customers to build new business models, leverage greater efficiencies and realize the possibilities of IoT and REM.Lantronixs solutions are deployed inside millions of machines at data centers, offices and remote sites serving a wide range of industries, including energy, agriculture, medical, security, manufacturing, distribution, transportation, retail, financial, environmental, infrastructure and government.
For more information, visit http://www.lantronix.com. Learn more at the Lantronix blog, http://www.lantronix.com/blog, featuring industry discussion and updates. To follow Lantronix on Twitter, please visit http://www.twitter.com/Lantronix. View our video library on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/LantronixInc or connect with us on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/lantronix
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Any statements set forth in this news release that are not entirely historical and factual in nature, including without limitation statements related to our solutions, technologies and products as well as the advanced Lantronix Open-Q 610 SOM, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations and are subject to substantial risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results, future business, financial condition, or performance to differ materially from our historical results or those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement contained in this news release. The potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, such factors as the effects of negative or worsening regional and worldwide economic conditions or market instability on our business, including effects on purchasing decisions by our customers; the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on our employees, supply and distribution chains, and the global economy; cybersecurity risks; changes in applicable U.S. and foreign government laws, regulations, and tariffs; our ability to successfully implement our acquisitions strategy or integrate acquired companies; difficulties and costs of protecting patents and other proprietary rights; the level of our indebtedness, our ability to service our indebtedness and the restrictions in our debt agreements; and any additional factors included in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2019, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the SEC) on September 11, 2019, including in the section entitled Risk Factors in Item 1A of Part I of such report, as well as in our other public filings with the SEC. Additional risk factors may be identified from time to time in our future filings. The forward-looking statements included in this release speak only as of the date hereof, and we do not undertake any obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
Lantronix Media Contact:Gail Kathryn MillerCorporate Marketing &Communications Managermedia@lantronix.com949-453-7158
Lantronix Analyst and Investor Contact:Jeremy WhitakerChief Financial Officerinvestors@lantronix.com 949-450-7241
Lantronix Sales: email@example.comAmericas +1 (800) 422-7055 (US and Canada) or +1 949-453-3990Europe, Middle East and Africa +31 (0)76 52 36 744Asia Pacific + 852 3428-2338China + 86 21-6237-8868Japan +81 (0) 50-1354-6201India +91 994-551-2488
2020 Lantronix, Inc. All rights reserved. Lantronix is a registered trademark, and EMG, and SLC are trademarks of Lantronix Inc. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Qualcomm is a trademark or registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated.
Qualcomm Vision Intelligence Platform and Qualcomm QCS610 are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
- The 12 Coolest Machine-Learning Startups Of 2020 - CRN - November 19th, 2020
- Utilizing machine learning to uncover the right content at KMWorld Connect 2020 - KMWorld Magazine - November 19th, 2020
- The way we train AI is fundamentally flawed - MIT Technology Review - November 19th, 2020
- DIY Camera Uses Machine Learning to Audibly Tell You What it Sees - PetaPixel - November 19th, 2020
- Machine Learning Predicts How Cancer Patients Will Respond to Therapy - HealthITAnalytics.com - November 19th, 2020
- This New Machine Learning Tool Might Stop Misinformation - Digital Information World - November 19th, 2020
- Fujitsu, AIST and RIKEN Achieve Unparalleled Speed on MLPerf HPC Machine Learning Processing Benchmark - HPCwire - November 19th, 2020
- SVG Tech Insight: Increasing Value of Sports Content Machine Learning for Up-Conversion HD to UHD - Sports Video Group - November 19th, 2020
- SiMa.ai Adopts Arm Technology to Deliver a Purpose-built Heterogeneous Machine Learning Compute Platform for the Embedded Edge - Design and Reuse - November 19th, 2020
- Machine learning removes bias from algorithms and the hiring process - PRNewswire - November 6th, 2020
- Using machine learning to track the pandemic's impact on mental health - MIT News - November 6th, 2020
- AI Recognizes COVID-19 in the Sound of a Cough Machine Learning Times - The Predictive Analytics Times - November 6th, 2020
- The consistency of machine learning and statistical models in predicting clinical risks of individual patients - The BMJ - The BMJ - November 6th, 2020
- PathAI and Gilead Report Data from Machine Learning Model Predictions of Liver Disease Progression and Treatment Response at AASLD's The Liver Meeting... - November 6th, 2020
- Google Introduces New Analytics with Machine Learning and Predictive Models - IBL News - November 6th, 2020
- Free Webinar | Machine Learning and Data Analytics in the Pandemic Era - MIT Sloan - November 6th, 2020
- Global Predictive Analytics Market (2020 to 2025) - Advent of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence is Driving Growth - PRNewswire - November 6th, 2020
- Machine learning and predictive analytics work better together - TechTarget - October 31st, 2020
- Microsoft Introduces Lobe: A Free Machine Learning Application That Allows You To Create AI Models Without Coding - MarkTechPost - October 31st, 2020
- Amwell CMO: Google partnership will focus on AI, machine learning to expand into new markets - FierceHealthcare - October 31st, 2020
- Microsoft/MITRE group declares war on machine learning vulnerabilities with Adversarial ML Threat Matrix - Diginomica - October 31st, 2020
- 93% of security operations centers employing AI and machine learning tools to detect advanced threats - Security Magazine - October 31st, 2020
- Machine Learning in Insurance Market(COVID-19 Analysis): Indoor Applications Projected to be the Most Attractive Segment during 2020-2027 - Global... - October 31st, 2020
- Leveraging Machine Learning and IDP to Scale Your Automation Program - AiiA - October 31st, 2020
- 5 machine learning skills you need in the cloud - TechTarget - October 31st, 2020
- Machine learning approach could detect drivers of atrial fibrillation - Cardiac Rhythm News - October 31st, 2020
- Vanderbilt trans-institutional team shows how next-gen wearable sensor algorithms powered by machine learning could be key to preventing injuries that... - October 31st, 2020
- Machine Learning & Big Data Analytics Education Market Size And Forecast (2020-2026)| With Post Impact Of Covid-19 By Top Leading Players-... - October 31st, 2020
- The security threat of adversarial machine learning is real - TechTalks - October 31st, 2020
- Bridging the Skills Gap for AI and Machine Learning - Integration Developers - October 23rd, 2020
- Nudges and machine learning triples advanced care conversations - Penn Today - October 23rd, 2020
- Machine Learning and AI Can Now Create Plastics That Easily Degrade - Science Times - October 23rd, 2020
- insitro Strengthens Machine Learning-Based Drug Discovery Capabilities with Acquisition of Haystack Sciences - Business Wire - October 23rd, 2020
- Revolutionizing IoT with Machine Learning at the Edge | Perceive's Steve Teig - IoT For All - October 23rd, 2020
- Mastercard Says its AI and Machine Learning Solutions Aim to Stop Fraudulent Activites which have Increased Significantly due to COVID - Crowdfund... - October 23rd, 2020
- Abstract Perspective: Long-term PM2.5 Exposure and the Clinical Application of Machine Learning for Predicting Incident Atrial Fibrillation - DocWire... - October 23rd, 2020
- Machine-Learning Inference Chip Travels to the Edge - Electronic Design - October 23rd, 2020
- Machine Learning Data Catalog Software Market share forecast to witness considerable growth from 2020 to 2025 | By Top Leading Vendors IBM, Alation,... - October 23rd, 2020
- AI and machine learning: a gift, and a curse, for cybersecurity - Healthcare IT News - October 21st, 2020
- Teaming Up with Arm, NXP Ups Its Place in the Machine Learning Industry - News - All About Circuits - October 21st, 2020
- Machine Learning Capabilities Come to the Majority of Open Source Databases with MindsDB AI-Tables - PR Web - October 21st, 2020
- Soleadify secures seed funding for database that uses machine learning to track 40M businesses - TechCrunch - October 21st, 2020
- NXP Announces Expansion of its Scalable Machine Learning Portfolio and Capabilities - GlobeNewswire - October 21st, 2020
- NXP Invests in Au-Zone to Enhance Machine Learning Capabilities - Mobile ID World - October 21st, 2020
- Factories of The Future Are Using Machine Learning Analytics to Optimize Assets - Embedded Computing Design - October 21st, 2020
- EMA Webinar to Uncover How Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics Can Improve Workload Automation Outcomes - PR Web - October 21st, 2020
- How To Choose The Best Machine Learning Algorithm For A Particular Problem? - Analytics India Magazine - October 21st, 2020
- AI and Machine Learning Technologies Expected to Play a Key Role in Expanding Multi Billion Dollar Digital Banking Sector: Report - Crowdfund Insider - October 21st, 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Amazon AI executive explains three things every business needs to address before using machine lear - Business Insider India - October 21st, 2020
- Photoshops AI neural filters can tweak age and expression with a few clicks - The Verge - October 21st, 2020
- Futurism Reinforces Its Next-Gen Business Commerce Platform With Advanced Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Capabilities - Yahoo Finance - October 15th, 2020
- Purebase Enhances Its Board of Advisors with An Expert on Machine Learning and Cheminformatics - GlobeNewswire - October 15th, 2020
- How to Beat Analysts and the Stock Market with Machine Learning - Knowledge@Wharton - October 15th, 2020
- Synopsys and SiMa.ai Collaborate to Bring Machine Learning Inference at Scale to the Embedded Edge - AiThority - October 15th, 2020
- Robotic Interviews, Machine Learning And the Future Of Workforce Recruitment - Entrepreneur - October 15th, 2020
- Top 8 Books on Machine Learning In Cybersecurity One Must Read - Analytics India Magazine - October 15th, 2020
- AI and Machine Learning Can Help Fintechs if We Focus on Practical Implementation and Move Away from Overhyped Narratives, Researcher Says - Crowdfund... - October 15th, 2020
- AI and Machine Learning Can Help FIs Avoid Riskbut They Have Risk of Their Own - PR Web - October 15th, 2020
- Machine learning for rowdy roadies: Cops and tech to rein in traffic offenders - Bangalore Mirror - October 15th, 2020
- Automated ATOs and cybersecurity - FCW.com - October 15th, 2020
- Experian partners with Standard Chartered to drive Financial Inclusion with Machine Learning, powering the next generation of Decisioning - Yahoo... - October 15th, 2020
- Machine Learning Answers: Facebook Stock Is Down 20% In A Month, What Are The Chances It'll Rebound? - Trefis - September 22nd, 2020
- Machine Learning in Education Market Incredible Possibilities, Growth Analysis and Forecast To 2025 - The Daily Chronicle - September 22nd, 2020
- Proximity matters: Using machine learning and geospatial analytics to reduce COVID-19 exposure risk - Healthcare IT News - September 22nd, 2020
- Global Machine Learning Market Tends To Show Steady Growth Post Pandemic With Regional Overview and Top Key Players - Verdant News - September 22nd, 2020
- PREDICTING THE OPTIMUM PATH - Port Strategy - September 22nd, 2020
- AI/ML Remains The Most In-Demand Tech Skill Post COVID - Analytics India Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Panalgo Brings the Power of Machine-Learning to the Healthcare Industry Via Its IHD Software - AiThority - September 15th, 2020
- Microchip Partners with Machine-Learning (ML) Software Leaders to Simplify AI-at-the-Edge Design Using its 32-Bit Microcontrollers (MCUs) - EE Journal - September 15th, 2020
- What is 'custom machine learning' and why is it important for programmatic optimisation? - The Drum - September 15th, 2020
- PODCAST: NVIDIA's Director of Data Science Talks Machine Learning for Airlines and Aerospace - Aviation Today - September 15th, 2020
- The Use of Machine Learning to Forecast Progression to Advanced AMD - DocWire News - September 15th, 2020
- How Can Machine Learning Help the Teaching Profession? - FE News - September 15th, 2020
- Global Machine Learning in Automobile Market: Development History, Current Analysis and Estimated Forecast to 2024 - The Market Correspondent - September 15th, 2020
- Using machine learning to organize the chemical diversity - Tech Explorist - September 15th, 2020
- Dashboard AI Announces Its Technology Vision for the Foodservice and Hospitality Industry - PRNewswire - September 15th, 2020
- Alfa Releases Second Paper on AI, Using Machine Learning in the Wild - Monitor Daily - September 10th, 2020
- Combatting COVID-19 misinformation with machine learning (VB Live) - VentureBeat - September 10th, 2020
- This artist used machine learning to create realistic portraits of Roman emperors - The World - September 10th, 2020
- Domino Data Lab Named a Leader in Notebook-Based Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning Evaluation by Global Research Firm - Business Wire - September 10th, 2020