IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 15, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lantronix Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a global provider of Software as a Service (SaaS), engineering services and hardware for Edge Computing, the Internet of Things (IoT) and Remote Environment Management (REM), today announced the availability of its new Lantronix Open-Q 610 SOM based on the powerful Qualcomm QCS610System on Chip (SOC). This micro System on Module (SOM) is designed for connected visual intelligence applications with high-resolution camera capabilities, on-device artificial intelligence (AI) processing and native Ethernet interface.
Our long and successful relationship with Qualcomm Technologies enables us to deliver powerful micro SOM solutions that can accelerate IoT design and implementation, empowering innovators to create IoT applications that go beyond hardware and enabletheir wildest dreams, said Paul Pickle, CEO of Lantronix.
The new Lantronix ultra-compact (50mm x 25mm), production-ready Open-Q 610 SOM is based on the powerful Qualcomm QCS610SOC, the latest in the Qualcomm Vision Intelligence Platform lineup targeting smart cameras with edge computing. Delivering up to 50 percent improved AI performance than the previous generation as well as image signal processing and sensor processing capabilities, it is designed to bring smart camera technology, including powerful artificial intelligence and machine learning features formerly only available to high-end devices, into mid-tier camera segments, including smart cities, commercial and enterprise, homes and vehicles.
Bringing Advanced AI and Machine Learning to Smart Camera Application
Created to bring advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to smart cameras in multiple vertical markets, the Open-Q 610 SOM is designed for developers seeking to innovate new products utilizing the latest vision and AI edge capabilities, such as smart connected cameras, video conference systems, machine vision and robotics. With the Open-Q 610 SOM, developers gain a pre-tested, pre-certified, production-ready computing module that reduces risk and expedites innovative product development.
The Open-Q 610 SOM provides the core computing capabilities for:
Connectivity solutions include Wi-Fi/BT, Gigabit Ethernet, multiple USB ports and three-camera interfaces.
The Lantronix Open-Q 610 SOM provides advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities that enable developers to innovate new product designs, including smart connected cameras, video conference systems, machine vision and robotics, said Jonathan Shipman, VP of Strategy at Lantronix Inc. Lantronix micro SOMs and solutions enable IoT device makers to jumpstart new product development and accelerate time-to-market by shortening the design cycle, reducing development risk and simplifying the manufacturing process.
Open-Q 610 Development Kit
The companion Open-Q 610 Development Kit is a full-featured platform with available software tools, documentation and optional accessories. It delivers everything required to immediately begin evaluation and initial product development.
The development kit integrates the production-ready OpenQ 610 SOM with a carrier board, providing numerous expansion and connectivity options to support development and testing of peripherals and applications. The development kit, along with the available documentation, also provides a proven reference design for custom carrier boards, providing a low-risk fast track to market for new products.
In addition to production-ready SOMs, development platforms and tools, Lantronix offers turnkey product development services, driver and application software development and technical support.
For more information, visit Open-Q 610 SOM and Open Q 610 SOM Development kit.
Lantronix Inc. is a global provider of software as a service (SaaS), engineering services and hardware for Edge Computing, the Internet of Things (IoT) and Remote Environment Management (REM). Lantronix enables its customers to provide reliable and secure solutions while accelerating their time to market. Lantronixs products and services dramatically simplify operations through the creation, development, deployment and management of customer projects at scale while providing quality, reliability and security.
Lantronixs portfolio of services and products address each layer of the IoT Stack, including Collect, Connect, Compute, Control and Comprehend, enabling its customers to deploy successful IoT and REM solutions. Lantronixs services and products deliver a holistic approach, addressing its customers needs by integrating a SaaS management platform with custom application development layered on top of external and embedded hardware, enabling intelligent edge computing, secure communications (wired, Wi-Fi and cellular), location and positional tracking and environmental sensing and reporting.
With three decades of proven experience in creating robust industry and customer-specific solutions, Lantronix is an innovator in enabling its customers to build new business models, leverage greater efficiencies and realize the possibilities of IoT and REM.Lantronixs solutions are deployed inside millions of machines at data centers, offices and remote sites serving a wide range of industries, including energy, agriculture, medical, security, manufacturing, distribution, transportation, retail, financial, environmental, infrastructure and government.
For more information, visit http://www.lantronix.com. Learn more at the Lantronix blog, http://www.lantronix.com/blog, featuring industry discussion and updates. To follow Lantronix on Twitter, please visit http://www.twitter.com/Lantronix. View our video library on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/LantronixInc or connect with us on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/lantronix
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Any statements set forth in this news release that are not entirely historical and factual in nature, including without limitation statements related to our solutions, technologies and products as well as the advanced Lantronix Open-Q 610 SOM, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations and are subject to substantial risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results, future business, financial condition, or performance to differ materially from our historical results or those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement contained in this news release. The potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, such factors as the effects of negative or worsening regional and worldwide economic conditions or market instability on our business, including effects on purchasing decisions by our customers; the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on our employees, supply and distribution chains, and the global economy; cybersecurity risks; changes in applicable U.S. and foreign government laws, regulations, and tariffs; our ability to successfully implement our acquisitions strategy or integrate acquired companies; difficulties and costs of protecting patents and other proprietary rights; the level of our indebtedness, our ability to service our indebtedness and the restrictions in our debt agreements; and any additional factors included in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2019, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the SEC) on September 11, 2019, including in the section entitled Risk Factors in Item 1A of Part I of such report, as well as in our other public filings with the SEC. Additional risk factors may be identified from time to time in our future filings. The forward-looking statements included in this release speak only as of the date hereof, and we do not undertake any obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
Lantronix Media Contact:Gail Kathryn MillerCorporate Marketing &Communications Managermedia@lantronix.com949-453-7158
Lantronix Analyst and Investor Contact:Jeremy WhitakerChief Financial Officerinvestors@lantronix.com 949-450-7241
Lantronix Sales: email@example.comAmericas +1 (800) 422-7055 (US and Canada) or +1 949-453-3990Europe, Middle East and Africa +31 (0)76 52 36 744Asia Pacific + 852 3428-2338China + 86 21-6237-8868Japan +81 (0) 50-1354-6201India +91 994-551-2488
2020 Lantronix, Inc. All rights reserved. Lantronix is a registered trademark, and EMG, and SLC are trademarks of Lantronix Inc. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Qualcomm is a trademark or registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated.
Qualcomm Vision Intelligence Platform and Qualcomm QCS610 are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
- First lecture in new speaker series focuses on AI and machine learning - YSU.edu - May 1st, 2021
- Machine learning security vulnerabilities are a growing threat to the web, report highlights - The Daily Swig - May 1st, 2021
- Can machine learning help save the whales? How PNW researchers use tech tools to monitor orcas - GeekWire - May 1st, 2021
- Attabotics Partners With AltaML and Amii to Bolster Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Cap - DC Velocity - May 1st, 2021
- How beverage industry is affected by machine learning & AI | FNB News - fnbnews.com - May 1st, 2021
- Insights and Prediction of Machine Learning in Medical Imaging Global Market (2020-2027) KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - May 1st, 2021
- 3 Applications of Machine Learning and AI in Finance - TAPinto.net - May 1st, 2021
- Latest innovative report on Machine Learning in Medicine Market by 2028| Industry Supply Chain Analysis, Growth Opportunities, and Business... - May 1st, 2021
- A Guide To Machine Learning: Everything You Need To Know - Analytics Insight - April 19th, 2021
- Emerging AI and Machine Learning Trends to Watch in 2021 - FlaglerLive.com - April 19th, 2021
- Smart condition monitoring with IIoT sensors and machine learning - eeNews Europe - April 19th, 2021
- Twitter analysing harmful impacts of its AI, machine learning algorithms - Business Standard - April 19th, 2021
- Twitter Outlines Evolving Approach to Algorithms as Part of New 'Responsible Machine Learning Initiative' - Social Media Today - April 19th, 2021
- Solving the basic problems of machine learning - Federal News Network - April 19th, 2021
- Optimize manufacturing with AI, machine learning and digitalization - The Manufacturer - April 9th, 2021
- How machine learning can revolutionize the quality of hearing - TechHQ - April 9th, 2021
- Savills, MRI Software Announce Expanded Partnership to Accelerate AI and Machine Learning Capabilities for Knowledge Cubed - KPVI News 6 - April 9th, 2021
- PODCAST: rise of the machine (learning) - BlueNotes - April 9th, 2021
- 27 million galaxy morphologies quantified and cataloged with the help of machine learning | Penn Today - Penn Today - April 9th, 2021
- Rackspace Technology Works with Brave Software to Improve Machine Learning Functionality in the Web Browser - Yahoo Finance - April 9th, 2021
- i.MX 8M plus eval kit with machine learning and voice and vision capabilities - Electropages - April 9th, 2021
- Machine Learning in Healthcare Market: Find Out Essential Strategies to expand The Business and Also Check Working in 2021-2029 KSU | The Sentinel... - April 9th, 2021
- The Top 20 Machine Learning Startups To Watch In 2021 - Enterprise Irregulars - April 8th, 2021
- Weaviate is an open-source search engine powered by ML, vectors, graphs, and GraphQL - ZDNet - April 8th, 2021
- Seeking the cellular mechanisms of disease, with help from machine learning - MIT News - April 8th, 2021
- PODCAST: rise of the machine (learning) - BlueNotes - BlueNotes - April 8th, 2021
- Machine Learning in Automotive Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players Analysis ... - April 8th, 2021
- Using "eyes in the sky" and AI to remotely rate insurance risks - Axios - April 8th, 2021
- Pear Therapeutics Expands Platform with Digital Biomarkers, Machine Learning Algorithms and Sensor-Based Technologies - Yahoo Finance - April 8th, 2021
- 5 industries that will see a staggering adoption of Machine Learning in 2021 - Express Computer - April 8th, 2021
- Sift to Host Live Virtual Event Featuring Gartner Analysts on Machine Learning-powered Fraud Detection, Creating Trust and Safety on the Internet -... - April 8th, 2021
- TigerGraph's Graph + AI Summit 2021 to Feature 40+ Sessions, Live Workshops and Speakers from JPMorgan Chase, NewDay, Pinterest, Jaguar Land Rover and... - April 8th, 2021
- AI and Machine Learning Operationalization Software Market to Witness Stellar CA - Business-newsupdate.com - April 8th, 2021
- Apple Reveals a Multi-Mode Planar Engine for a Neural Processor that could be used in A-Series & screamingly fast M1 Processors - Patently Apple - April 8th, 2021
- Foundations of Machine Learning | The MIT Press - April 2nd, 2021
- Increasing the Accessibility of Machine Learning at the Edge - Industry Articles - All About Circuits - April 2nd, 2021
- Splunk : Life as a PM on the Splunk Machine Learning Team - Marketscreener.com - April 2nd, 2021
- Is Machine Learning The Future Of Coffee Health Research? - Sprudge - April 2nd, 2021
- Machine learning tool sets out to find new antimicrobial peptides - Chemistry World - April 2nd, 2021
- Machine learning methods to predict mechanical ventilation and mortality in patients with COVID-19 - DocWire News - April 2nd, 2021
- CW Innovation Awards: Jio Platforms taps machine learning to manage telco network - ComputerWeekly.com - April 2nd, 2021
- Global Machine Learning-as-a-Service (MLaaS) Market Development Strategy, Manufacturers Analysis, COVID-19 impact, and Forecast 2020-2025 The Bisouv... - April 2nd, 2021
- inSearchX Partners with Strategic Vision's Using Machine Learning to Help Customers Find their Ideal Car With Uncanny Accuracy - Business Wire - April 2nd, 2021
- Machine Learning Operationalization Software Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top... - April 2nd, 2021
- 20 Best Machine Learning Books for Beginner & Experts in 2021 - March 18th, 2021
- Machine Learning Engineer vs. Data Scientist | Springboard ... - March 18th, 2021
- Transformer (machine learning model) - Wikipedia - March 18th, 2021
- OctoML raises $28M Series B for its machine learning ... - March 18th, 2021
- What Is Machine Learning? - Blog - I School Online - March 18th, 2021
- In-Depth Guide to Machine Learning in the Enterprise - March 18th, 2021
- How to become a machine learning engineer: A cheat sheet ... - March 18th, 2021
- Machine Learning | The MIT Press - March 18th, 2021
- Creating Machine Learning models in Power BI | Microsoft ... - March 18th, 2021
- Overcoming the Challenges Associated with Machine Learning and AI Strategies - EnterpriseTalk - March 18th, 2021
- Machine Learning Algorithms | Machine Learning | Intellipaat - March 18th, 2021
- Professor of Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning job with UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON | 249199 - Times Higher Education (THE) - March 18th, 2021
- Dascena Announces Publication of Results From Its Machine Learning Algorithm for Prediction of Acute Kidney Injury in Kidney International Reports -... - March 18th, 2021
- Machine learning calculates affinities of drug candidates and targets - Drug Target Review - March 18th, 2021
- What is Machine Learning? | IBM - March 8th, 2021
- Next Raspberry Pi CPU Will Have Machine Learning Built In - Tom's Hardware - March 8th, 2021
- Introducing Helios, The New Corrugated AI/Machine Learning Platform - WhatTheyThink - March 8th, 2021
- SSM Health innovates kidney care with predictive analytics and machine learning - Healthcare IT News - March 6th, 2021
- Revolution by Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning in the healthcare industry - Times Now - March 6th, 2021
- Explainable Machine Learning, Model Transparency, and the Right to Explanation Machine Learning Times - The Predictive Analytics Times - March 6th, 2021
- Raytheon Applies AI, Machine Learning to Defense Tech Modeling, Simulation - Executive Mosaic Media - March 6th, 2021
- Home Lending Pal leverages AI and machine learning to efficiently solve lenders' and borrowers' problems - HousingWire - March 6th, 2021
- Companion Raises $8M Seed Round to Use Machine Learning and Computer Vision to Talk to Dogs - PRNewswire - March 6th, 2021
- March 2021 Machine Learning Times - The Predictive Analytics Times - March 6th, 2021
- An Epic cognitive computing platform primer - Healthcare IT News - February 26th, 2021
- D2iQ Introduces Cloud Native Platform to Accelerate the Deployment of Machine Learning on Kubernetes - PRNewswire - February 26th, 2021
- Machine Learning Engineers Are In High Demand. So, What Do They Do? - Analytics Insight - February 26th, 2021
- Updated Report of Machine Learning Software Market with Current Trends, Drivers, Strategies, Applications and Competitive Landscape 2026 The Bisouv... - February 26th, 2021
- The Machine Learning and Big Data in Risk Evaluation PhD Scholarship - News - The University of Sydney - February 26th, 2021
- Ontario Systems Acquires Pairity to Embed the Power of Machine Learning in Its Industry-Leading Collections Technology - PRNewswire - February 26th, 2021
- Global Machine Learning Market Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2026) by Component, Service, Deployment Model, Organization Size, Vertical, and... - February 26th, 2021
- Is machine learning about to replace traditional coaching? TrainerRoad announces Adaptive Training - BikeRadar.com - February 26th, 2021
- Mental health diagnoses and the role of machine learning - Health Europa - February 14th, 2021
- There Is No Silver Bullet Machine Learning Solution - Analytics India Magazine - February 14th, 2021
- Scientists use machine learning to tackle a big challenge in gene therapy - STAT - February 12th, 2021
- Getting Help from HAL: Applying Machine Learning to Predict Antibiotic Resistance - Contagionlive.com - February 12th, 2021