Automation offers substantive benefits as companies look for ways to manage evolving workforces and workplace expectations. More than half of U.S. businesses now plan to increase their automation investment to help increase their agility and improve their ability to handle changing conditions quickly, according to Robotics and Automation News.
Businesses also need to be able to solve problems at scale, something that organizations are increasingly turning to machine learning to do. By creating algorithms that learn over time, its possible for companies to streamline decision-making with data-driven predictions. But creating the models can be complex and time-consuming, putting an added strain on businesses that may be low on resources.
Automated machine learning combines these two technologies to tap the best of both worlds, allowing companies to gain actionable insights while reducing total complexity. Once implemented, AutoML can help businesses gather and analyze data, respond to it quickly and better manage resources.
WATCH: Find out how organizations can empower digital transformation and secure remote work.
AutoML goes a step further than classic machine learning, says Earnest Collins, managing member of Regulatory Compliance and Examination Consultants and a member of the ISACA Emerging Technologies Advisory Group.
AutoML goes beyond creating machine learning architecture models, says Collins. It can automate many aspects of machine learning workflow, which include data preprocessing, feature engineering, model selection, architecture search and model deployment.
AutoML deployments can also be categorized by the format of training data used. Collins points to examples such as independent, identically distributed (IID) tabular data, raw text or image data, and notes that some AutoML solutions can handle multiple data types and algorithms.
There is no single algorithm that performs best on all data sets, he says.
Leveraging AutoML solutions offers multiple benefits that go beyond traditional machine learning or automation. The first is speed, according to Collins.
AutoML allows data scientists to build a machine learning model with a high degree of automation more quickly and conduct hyperparameter search over different types of algorithms, which can otherwise be time-consuming and repetitive, he says. By automating key processes from raw data set capture to eventual analysis and learningteams can reduce the amount of time required to create functional models.
Another benefit is scalability. While machine learning models cant compete with the in-depth nature of human cognition, evolving technology makes it possible to create effective analogs of specific human learning processes. Introducing automation, meanwhile, helps apply this process at scale in turn, enabling data scientists, engineers and DevOps teams to focus on business problems instead of iterative tasks, Collins says.
A third major benefit is simplicity, according to Collins. AutoML is a tool that assists in automating the process of applying machine learning to real-world problems, he says.
By reducing the complexity that comes with building, testing and deploying entirely new ML frameworks, AutoML streamlines the processes required to solve line-of-business challenges.
For machine learning solutions to deliver business value, ML models must be optimized based on current conditions and desired outputs. Doing so requires the use of hyperparameters, which Collins defines as adjustable parameters that govern the training of ML models.
Optimal ML model performance depends on the hyperparameter configuration value selection; this can be a time-consuming, manual process, which is where AutoML can come into play, Collins adds.
By using AutoML platforms to automate key hyperparameter selection and balancing including learning rate, batch size and drop rate its possible to reduce the amount of time and effort required to get ML algorithms up and running.
While AutoML isnt new, evolution across machine learning and artificial intelligence markets is now driving a second generation of automated machine learning platforms, according to RTInsights. The first wave of AutoML focused on building and validating models, but the second iterations include key features such as data preparation and feature engineering to accelerate data science efforts.
But this market remains both fragmented and complex, according to Forbes, because of a lack of established standards and expectations in the data science and machine learning (DSML) industry. Businesses can go with an established provider, such as Microsoft Azure Databricks, or they can opt for more up-and-coming solutions such as Google Cloud AutoML.
There are more tools around the corner. According to Synced, Google researchers are now developing AutoML-Zero, which is capable of searching for applicable ML algorithms within a defined space to reduce the need to create them from scratch. The search giant is also applying its AutoML to unique use cases; for example, the companys new Fabricius tool which leverages Googles AutoML vision toolset is designed to decode ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics.
Technological advancements combined with shifting staff priorities are somewhat driving robotic replacements. According to Time, companies are replacing humans wherever possible to reduce risk and improve operational output. But that wont necessarily apply to data scientists as AutoML rises, according to Collins.
The skills of professional, well-trained data scientists will be essential to interpreting data and making recommendations for how information should be used, he says. AutoML will be a key tool for improving their productivity, and the citizen data scientist, with no training in the field, would not be able to do machine learning without AutoML.
In other words, while AutoML platforms provide business benefits, recognizing the full extent of automated advantages will always require human expertise.
See the original post here:
What is AutoML and Why Should Your Business Consider It - BizTech Magazine
- Machine Learning Answers: Facebook Stock Is Down 20% In A Month, What Are The Chances It'll Rebound? - Trefis - September 22nd, 2020
- Machine Learning in Education Market Incredible Possibilities, Growth Analysis and Forecast To 2025 - The Daily Chronicle - September 22nd, 2020
- Proximity matters: Using machine learning and geospatial analytics to reduce COVID-19 exposure risk - Healthcare IT News - September 22nd, 2020
- Global Machine Learning Market Tends To Show Steady Growth Post Pandemic With Regional Overview and Top Key Players - Verdant News - September 22nd, 2020
- PREDICTING THE OPTIMUM PATH - Port Strategy - September 22nd, 2020
- AI/ML Remains The Most In-Demand Tech Skill Post COVID - Analytics India Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Panalgo Brings the Power of Machine-Learning to the Healthcare Industry Via Its IHD Software - AiThority - September 15th, 2020
- Microchip Partners with Machine-Learning (ML) Software Leaders to Simplify AI-at-the-Edge Design Using its 32-Bit Microcontrollers (MCUs) - EE Journal - September 15th, 2020
- What is 'custom machine learning' and why is it important for programmatic optimisation? - The Drum - September 15th, 2020
- PODCAST: NVIDIA's Director of Data Science Talks Machine Learning for Airlines and Aerospace - Aviation Today - September 15th, 2020
- The Use of Machine Learning to Forecast Progression to Advanced AMD - DocWire News - September 15th, 2020
- How Can Machine Learning Help the Teaching Profession? - FE News - September 15th, 2020
- Global Machine Learning in Automobile Market: Development History, Current Analysis and Estimated Forecast to 2024 - The Market Correspondent - September 15th, 2020
- Using machine learning to organize the chemical diversity - Tech Explorist - September 15th, 2020
- Dashboard AI Announces Its Technology Vision for the Foodservice and Hospitality Industry - PRNewswire - September 15th, 2020
- Alfa Releases Second Paper on AI, Using Machine Learning in the Wild - Monitor Daily - September 10th, 2020
- Combatting COVID-19 misinformation with machine learning (VB Live) - VentureBeat - September 10th, 2020
- This artist used machine learning to create realistic portraits of Roman emperors - The World - September 10th, 2020
- Domino Data Lab Named a Leader in Notebook-Based Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning Evaluation by Global Research Firm - Business Wire - September 10th, 2020
- Demonstration Of What-If Tool For Machine Learning Model Investigation - Analytics India Magazine - September 10th, 2020
- RXA to Participate in 2nd Annual A2.AI Conference focused on Machine Learning & Applied AI - PR Web - September 10th, 2020
- 50 Data Science and Analysts Jobs That Opened Just Last Week - Analytics India Magazine - September 10th, 2020
- FSS Launches Next Gen Recon with Machine Learning and Cloud Support - TechGenyz - September 10th, 2020
- Getting to the heart of machine learning and complex humans - The Irish Times - August 28th, 2020
- Global Machine Learning Courses Market Trends, Key Driven Factors, Segmentation And Forecast To 2020-2026 - The Scarlet - August 28th, 2020
- AI and Machine Learning Network Fetch.ai Partners Open-Source Blockchain Protocol Waves to Conduct R&D on DLT - Crowdfund Insider - August 28th, 2020
- UT Austin Selected as Home of National AI Institute Focused on Machine Learning - UT News | The University of Texas at Austin - August 26th, 2020
- Participation-washing could be the next dangerous fad in machine learning - MIT Technology Review - August 26th, 2020
- The Role of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the... - Insurance CIO Outlook - August 26th, 2020
- Machine Learning Artificial intelligence Market Size and Growth By Leading Vendors, By Types and Application, By End Users and Forecast to 2020-2027 -... - August 26th, 2020
- Air Force Taps Machine Learning to Speed Up Flight Certifications - Nextgov - August 26th, 2020
- Chatbots Are Machine Learning Their Way To Human Language - Forbes - August 26th, 2020
- Explainable AI: From the peak of inflated expectations to the pitfalls of interpreting machine learning models - ZDNet - August 26th, 2020
- Focusing on ethical AI in business and government - FierceElectronics - August 26th, 2020
- Amazon's Machine Learning University To Make Its Online Courses Available To The Public - Analytics India Magazine - August 14th, 2020
- Watch 3 Videos from Coursera's New "Machine Learning for Everyone" - Machine Learning Times - machine learning & data science news - The... - August 14th, 2020
- PhD Research Fellowship in Machine Learning for Cognitive Power Management job with NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU | 219138 -... - August 14th, 2020
- Machine learning is pivotal to every line of business, every organisation must have an ML strategy - BusinessLine - August 14th, 2020
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Anyscale Hosts Inaugural Ray Summit on Scalable Python and Scalable Machine Learning - Yahoo Finance - August 14th, 2020
- Why GPT-3 Heralds a Democratic Revolution in Tech - Built In - August 14th, 2020
- BMW, Red Hat, and Malong Share Insights on AI and Machine Learning During Transform 2020 - ENGINEERING.com - August 14th, 2020
- Algorithm created by deep learning finds potential therapeutic targets throughout the human genome - National Science Foundation - August 14th, 2020
- Ensighten Launches Client-Side Threat Intelligence Initiative and Invests in Machine Learning - WFMZ Allentown - August 6th, 2020
- Hey software developers, youre approaching machine learning the wrong way - The Next Web - August 6th, 2020
- Introducing The AI & Machine Learning Imperative - MIT Sloan - August 6th, 2020
- Who Does the Machine Learning and Data Science Work? - Customer Think - August 6th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Path to Intelligent Automation - Embedded Computing Design - August 6th, 2020
- Blacklight Solutions Unveils Software to Simplify Business Analytics with AI and Machine Learning - PRNewswire - August 6th, 2020
- AI is learning when it should and shouldnt defer to a human - MIT Technology Review - August 6th, 2020
- Moderna Announced Partnership With Amazon Web Services for Their Analytics and Machine Learning Services - Science Times - August 6th, 2020
- Surprisingly Recent Galaxy Discovered Using Machine Learning May Be the Last Generation Galaxy in the Long Cosmic History - SciTechDaily - August 6th, 2020
- STMicroelectronics Releases STM32 Condition-Monitoring Function Pack Leveraging Tools from Cartesiam for Simplified Machine Learning - ELE Times - August 6th, 2020
- Machine Learning Reveals What Makes People Happy In A Relationship - Forbes - August 4th, 2020
- Benefits Of AI And Machine Learning | Expert Panel | Security News - SecurityInformed - August 4th, 2020
- Preparing new machine learning models used to take weeks Activeloop teams up with NVIDIA to reduce that time to hours - MENAFN.COM - August 4th, 2020
- IoT automation trend rides the next wave of machine learning, Big Data - Urgent Communications - August 4th, 2020
- Decoding Practical Problems and Business Implications of Machine Learning - Analytics Insight - August 4th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Industry 2020 Market Manufacturers Analysis, Share, Size, Growth, Trends and Research Report 2026 -... - August 4th, 2020
- Could this software help users trust machine learning decisions? - C4ISRNet - July 27th, 2020
- Top Five Data Privacy Issues that Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Startups Need to Know - insideBIGDATA - July 27th, 2020
- COVID-19 Impacts: Machine Learning Market will Accelerate at a CAGR of about 39% through 2020-2024 | The Increasing Adoption of Cloud-based Offerings... - July 27th, 2020
- Deep learning's role in the evolution of machine learning - TechTarget - July 1st, 2020
- 2 books to deepen your command of python machine learning - TechTalks - July 1st, 2020
- What I Learned From Looking at 200 Machine Learning Tools - Machine Learning Times - machine learning & data science news - The Predictive... - July 1st, 2020
- Protecting inventions which use Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence - Lexology - July 1st, 2020
- Machine learning finds use in creating sharper maps of 'ecosystem' lines in the ocean - Firstpost - July 1st, 2020
- Fake data is great data when it comes to machine learning - Stacey on IoT - July 1st, 2020
- Decisions and NLP Logix Announce Partnership to bring the Power of Machine Learning to Business Process Management - Benzinga - July 1st, 2020
- Machine Learning in Medical Imaging Market Strategies and Insight Driven Transformation 2020-2030 - Cole of Duty - July 1st, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Market to Witness AIBrain, Amazon, Anki, CloudMinds - Cole of Duty - July 1st, 2020
- Machine Learning Market Projected to Register 43.5% CAGR to 2030 Intel, H2Oai - 3rd Watch News - July 1st, 2020
- Learn the business value of AI's various techniques - TechTarget - July 1st, 2020
- Machine Learning As A Service In Manufacturing Market Augmented Expansion to Be Registered by 2018-2023 - 3rd Watch News - July 1st, 2020
- COVID 19 Impact on Machine Learning in Medicine Market Outlook 2020 Industry Size, Top Key Manufacturers, Growth Insights, Demand Analysis and... - July 1st, 2020
- Machine learning algorithm from RaySearch enhances workflow at Swedish radiation therapy clinic - DOTmed HealthCare Business News - July 1st, 2020
- What a machine learning tool that turns Obama white can (and cant) tell us about AI bias - The Verge - June 25th, 2020
- AI and Machine Learning Are Changing Everything. Here's How You Can Get In On The Fun - ExtremeTech - June 25th, 2020
- SLAM + Machine Learning Ushers in the "Age of Perception - Robotics Business Review - June 25th, 2020
- Googles new ML Kit SDK keeps all machine learning on the device - SlashGear - June 25th, 2020
- Machine Learning vs Predictive Analytics: Are they same? - Analytics Insight - June 25th, 2020